Sorry

You're Mine

 

(Continued)

 

—Kangin’s POV—

Ryeowook said that he didn’t want to talk to me until I forgive Teukie, but I can’t. Why would I? Teukie hurt me too much for me to just forgive him like that.

“Kangin, Wookie is right.”

That’s what Yesung said before he walked away with my brother and Sungmin. I watched Ryeowook walk away with the two for a brief moment before I walked in the opposite direction, to the school gym. I don’t give a damn about assembly right now.

Right, did I mention that Jaejoong punched my chest? Not that I felt any pain, but I was slowly getting pissed off by everyone. Why does everybody only care about how Teukie feels? I’m on the receiving end of his outrageous behaviour. He cheated on me, not the other way round. I’m hurting too. Just cause I don’t show my pain doesn’t mean that I don’t hurt.

I entered the gym and breathed in deeply, spotting my regular punching bag and went to stand in front of it, clenching my fists tightly. I shut my eyes and shouted as I punched the punching bag, tears stinging my eyes.

After some time, my shouts died down and I sank onto the ground, curling up into a ball and crying my frustrations. Teukie doesn’t deserve my pain. Why am I even thinking about him so much? After what he’s done, he isn’t worth it.

I wiped my tears away just as the bell rang, signalling the start of the first lesson. It’s a good thing that the first lesson of the day for me is cooking cause this way, I won’t have to deal with Teukie. He, regrettably, is in the same music class as me.

I entered the kitchen and greeted my classmates, trying not to show that I’d just cried. However, I couldn’t hide the red eyes and apart from that, my voice cracked. Jaejoong looked at me questioningly and I just sighed.

“Youngwoon, did you just…” I cut Jaewon, one of my classmates, off with a glare and he nodded, shutting up immediately.

“Youngwoon, you have to understand that both parties are at fault,” Jaejoong told me.

I would have replied, but our teacher walked into the kitchen and we had to stop our conversation. We greeted her and she gave us the instructions for the day.

We were to split ourselves into two groups – it wasn’t hard to do since there were only seven of us – and prepare a full course meal for someone who was diabetic, had high blood pressure and was allergic to seafood such as prawn and crab.

Immediately, Jaejoong and Jaewon came towards me and we began discussing what to serve. Jaejoong and Jaewon are brothers, born in the same year yet not twins. You could say that their parents were a little… never mind.

Sometimes, I feel as if Jaejoong was my confidante. Sure, I may not like him much because he always steals Teukie away, but he gives really good advice and is a good listener. Honestly speaking, it may seem as though I dislike him when in actual fact, he’s a good friend. After all, we’ve been through high school together.

While we were preparing ingredients, Jaejoong kept stealing glances at me. When we’d finished preparing everything, he turned to me and tapped his foot impatiently.

“Tell me what happened to you before you came for lesson. Don’t play around with me, Kim Youngwoon,” Jaejoong demanded. Jaewon already knew what his brother was asking, so he continued making the dishes while Jaejoong interrogated me.

“Sand got into my eyes and it was just really annoying, so I rubbed it,” I replied nonchalantly. Jaejoong let out a snort and poked my shoulder.

“Stop lying. Give me the truth before we waste too much time. And I’m sorry for punching you earlier on. I was just feeling indignant for Jungsu,” Jaejoong apologised. “And I see the bruises on your knuckles, so don’t lie. I know you were in the gym during assembly.”

I looked at my knuckles and realised that I had indeed gotten some scratches on myself. There must have been something on the punching bag that scratched me.

I sighed and nodded. “I was crying, ok? Are you happy?”

Jaejoong sighed and patted my back.

“Youngwoon, Jungsu really didn’t mean to. You have no idea what-” Jaejoong was about to continue, but I just turned away and blinked the tears away.

“Stop talking and get to work, Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong sighed, knowing that I wouldn’t give in any time soon.

 

---------------------------------

 

“Kangin hyung!”

I turned around to be met by Kibum who seemed to be rather happy about seeing me. Behind him was the rest of the gang, and as I made eye contact with Teukie his eyes lit up like a little kid’s eyes would at the sight of a candy mountain or something.

Teukie forced his way out of Siwon’s arms and ran towards me like a lost puppy.

“Youngwoon, I’ve miss-”

“Stay away from me.”

“B-but I d-didn’t…”

“I don’t want to see you right now,” I replied and walked off, not even sparing Teukie a second glance. Ryeowook was there, I saw him. And before I left, I could clearly see how much he despised me. Wookie, I despise myself too.

I heard a thud and the gang shouted out Teukie’s name, making me turn back to look at what had caused all the commotion. I gasped and ran back to them, kneeling down beside the unconscious Teukie. Ryeowook pushed me away, slapping Teukie’s cheek lightly.

“Teukie umma, wake up... don’t scare us like this…” Henry pleaded, to no avail. Teukie was still unconscious and Heechul glared at me.

“Kim Youngwoon, what is the problem with you?! Can’t you see how much Teukie has been suffering because of you?! He doesn’t sleep, he doesn’t eat, and he doesn’t talk! All he does is chant your name or blank out! Can’t you show more concern for him? It’s not like he wanted to kiss Taeyeon!” Heechul screamed at me. “Call the damn ambulance, Hannie! What are you waiting for?”

What Heechul just told me repeated in my head and I sniffled, trying to be inconspicuous about it. I knew that Donghae saw me as he came up to me.

“Kangin hyung, Teukie umma really doesn’t deserve the cold shoulder. If you aren’t going to get back together with him, at least forgive him. He just wants your forgiveness,” Donghae told me. When had this kid become so mature?

I stood there, letting my tears fall silently. Did I really hurt Teukie that bad?

Soon, the ambulance sirens were heard and the paramedics came into the hallway, putting Teukie onto a stretcher and bringing him away. They requested for somebody to follow him in the ambulance and, as much as I wanted to go, Sungmin beat me to it.

In the end, I followed the ambulance in Siwon’s car, together with Henry, Zhoumi and EunHae. If you’re wondering how we fit, Donghae was on Eunhyuk’s lap. Too much info.

When we arrived at the hospital, all of us waited outside the emergency room. Of course we’d been excused from school, but Siwon may get into trouble with his father again.

After some time, Teukie’s chauffeur had rushed down too, and the doctor stepped out of the room.

“Did you guys make sure that he’s been eating well? What did I tell you about his depression?” the doctor chided. I looked at the others with wide eyes. Depression? Teukie’s in depression?

“He was just discharged two days ago and we tried our best to ensure that he ate, but he refused to. He also hardly accepted any water, so we had to drip some water into his mouth while he was sleeping,” Shindong told the doctor sadly. “We’re really sorry for not taking good care of him.”

They weren’t lying when they said that Teukie was hurting more than me. Heck, they had to give him water while he was asleep! How could I be so selfish?

“Well, he’s dehydrated and slightly malnourished, so we’ve put him on a drip. This time, he’ll have to stay longer. Also, he hasn’t woken up and I don’t think he will any time today. You guys may visit him, but don’t make too much noise and leave by 5pm so that he can rest. I’ll take my leave now,” the doctor excused himself and we immediately headed to Teukie’s room.

As I tried to enter, Heechul sent me a deadly glare and kicked me in the shin, hard. I held onto my leg and hopped around while yelping in pain. Heechul made use of the opportunity to shut the doors and lock me out.

I know my mistakes now, Teukie. I am so sorry that I hurt you so bad.

Since I knew that Heechul wouldn’t be letting me in, I sat on the chairs outside the room and waited for somebody to come out and talk to me; tell me about what’s been going on. I know Wookie tried to, but I completely ignored him and wallowed in my pathetic self-pity. Why hadn’t I paid more attention to what he said?

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on the waiting chairs.

Oh Teukie. I am so damn sorry for what I did.

Will you ever forgive me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know I just updated a few days ago but since chapters are shorter now, why not? :D

Anyways, I was gonna make Kangin apologise in this chapter and let KangTeuk get together again but I'm evil XD

I think I'll update more often now since chapters are shorter and it's my holidays now :) But when I'm in a good mood I might post longer chappies~

That's about it from me now and I'm starting a new JunSeung fic soon so JunSeung shippers please look forward to it~! Annyeong! ^^