Confrontation

You're Mine

 

(Continued)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

Who’s Hyoyeon? I poked Sungie’s side and he winced. I immediately apologised to him. How could I have forgotten that Youngwoon hyung beat him up just hours ago? Aish, he shouldn’t even have picked a fight with hyung, not over me, anyways. I’m not worth it.

Sungie turned to look at me, raising a brow. “Ne?”

“Who’s Hyoyeon?” I asked in confusion.

The others heard my question and turned to face me. Shindong hyung was the first to speak up and answer my question.

“Hyoyeon is part of SNSD. She’s the best dancer they have and since EunHae are our best dancers and they’ve known each other since high school, the three are pretty close,” Shindong hyung told me. I nodded in understanding and turned to look at Sungmin hyung.

“So where does Hyoyeon live? Let’s go!”

Sungmin hyung nodded and we left Sungie’s house quickly, climbing into Siwon, Hankyung hyung and Kibum’s cars. Sungmin hyung told Hankyung hyung where to go and the other two cars just followed behind.

After about forty minutes, we arrived in front of a house, presumably Hyoyeon’s. All of us got off the three cars and Sungmin hyung went to ring the doorbell.

The rest of us stood behind him, feeling nervous about what Hyoyeon would do. After a few moments, the door opened, revealing a teenager who could easily be five years younger than me. I raised a brow at the others and they just shrugged.

“Who are you?” the girl asked suspiciously. “Why are you all here?”

“I’m Sungmin, a friend of your sister. You’re Soyeon, right?” Sungmin hyung asked with a small smile. The girl, Soyeon, nodded and grinned.

“I’ve heard about you, Sungmin oppa! Are you looking for unni?” Soyeon asked.

“Yup! Is she home?” Sungmin hyung questioned. Soyeon pouted and shook her head. Oh gosh, I want to pinch her cheeks so bad! Her cheeks are so chubby in an adorable way!

“She went out with Taeyeon unni I think. Oh wait, there they are!” Soyeon exclaimed, pointing behind us. The twelve of us turned around and waved to Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. The moment Hyoyeon saw us, she froze.

“Hi oppas! Omo, Leeteuk oppa, are you alright now?” Taeyeon asked worriedly. Teukie umma gave her an assuring smile and nodded.

“Ryeowook told us all about it. But did Sooyoung do anything else to you?” Teukie umma asked.

“Not that I know of. My parents are safe and that’s all that matters,” Taeyeon replied. “What brings you here?” she asked.

“We’re here to look for Hyoyeon. Do you know what she did?” Heechul hyung questioned angrily. Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon in confusion and shook her head.

“Soyeon, go back in. I’ll be right back,” Hyoyeon told her sister. Soyeon just did as told and said goodbye to us before she went into the house and closed the door.

“So, Hyoyeon, mind telling Taeyeon what you did?” Kyuhyun asked. Hyoyeon raised a brow.

“Who the hell are you?” Hyoyeon demanded rudely.

“He’s my boyfriend, Hyoyeon. Don’t you dare snap at him,” Sungmin hyung retorted. Well this is the first time I’m hearing Sungmin hyung declare that Kyuhyun is his boyfriend.

“Well I didn’t know! I didn’t do anything,” Hyoyeon replied.

“Oh you didn’t?” Heechul hyung scoffed at the obvious lie. “Please, do you know what Eunhyuk and Donghae are going through now because of you?” Heechul hyung spat.

Taeyeon stared at Hyoyeon curiously but Hyoyeon simply refused to tell us why she decided to come between EunHae hyungs. Instead, she snorted.

“I didn’t do anything. What makes you think that?” Hyoyeon asked us.

“Because apparently Donghae hyung saw…” Henry was about to continue speaking but Hyoyeon clasped her hand over Henry’s mouth. Henry was taken aback for a moment and Zhoumi hyung slapped Hyoyeon’s hand away.

“Get your filthy hand off of him!” Zhoumi hyung yelled, a little too loudly.

“Hyoyeon, what did you do?” Taeyeon questioned. “Was this what you were talking about earlier on? Is this why you feel so guilty towards Eunhyuk and Donghae oppas?”

Hyoyeon bit her lip and shook her head hesitantly. I can just tell who did this, and Hyoyeon doesn’t even have to say anything.

Sooyoung.

 

----------------------------

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Soo, this is Ryeowook. Can we meet up?” I asked softly, glancing over my back every now and then to ensure that the others don’t realise my absence. Of course Sungie knew, but he knew better than to question me when I glared at him.

“Really? You want to meet up with me?” Sooyoung asked in delight. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Yes, Soo. When are you free? Can we meet at the park now?” I suggested. The park would be this park near Sooyoung’s place that we frequented in the past.

“No problem! I’ll see you in fifteen,” Sooyoung replied happily and ended the call. I sighed again, hailing a cab and getting into it immediately. I dialled Sungie’s number and he picked up instantly, his worried voice sounding through the speaker. I smiled to myself.

“Wookie! Where on earth are you?! Didn’t you just go to make a call?”

“Well I’m currently on the way to meet my parents,” I lied. If I’d told Sungie that I was going to meet Sooyoung, he would flip, find me and kill me for being so stupid. Well, he wouldn’t literally kill me but I’d get a good dressing down, that’s for sure.

“Your parents are in Korea again? Didn’t they just leave a few days ago?” Sungie asked. I mentally face-palmed myself. Why am I such a bad liar?

“Well they’re back all of a sudden. They told me to call them and I just remembered, and they want me to find them right now. I’ll see you later, Sungie. Love you,” I replied quickly.

“Ok… Love you too. Don’t go home too late, arasso? I’ll expect you by 7pm for dinner!” Sungie exclaimed. I just smiled at his thoughtfulness, but frowned again when I remembered that I got kicked out of home.

“Ne. See you!” I told him and ended the call, heaving a sigh of relief. I thought that Sungie would question me more, but it’s a good thing he loves me and doesn’t doubt me.

I looked out of the window at the familiar surroundings. I always went to the park by this route while I was dating Sooyoung. Even for a short while after we broke up, I’d visit the park alone and recall our memories.

Within minutes, I’d arrived at the park and paid the driver, getting off the cab and inhaling the fresh air. I miss this place and its scenery. It’s a really nice park.

I walked over to the playground and sat on the swing, playing by myself. There weren’t many people right now, I wonder why. Usually at this time, children will be playing at the playground after school. I don’t mind though, since I have the entire playground to myself.

I used my feet to stop myself when I heard my name being called, and I turned around to face Sooyoung. She was smiling like she was the happiest person alive. Well I’m not even meeting her to chat about old times or go out. Is she so stupid?

“So where do you want to go, oppa?” Sooyoung asked, taking my hand in hers. I pulled away as if I’d gotten an electric shock, and Sooyoung just stared at me wide-eyed. “What’s wrong?”

I inhaled deeply, trying to find a way to phrase things nicely.

“Soo, can you leave me alone?” I requested calmly. Sooyoung just scoffed.

“You called to meet me just because you want me to leave you alone? Haven’t I been doing that?” Sooyoung asked. I chuckled humourlessly and glared at her.

“You know what I’m talking about. Leave my friends alone,” I warned. Sooyoung smirked and shook her head, and I don’t know what possessed me, but I slapped her right across the cheek where Youngwoon hyung had slapped me two days ago.

Sooyoung gasped and looked at me in shock. I eyed my hand, surprised that I’d slapped Sooyoung as well. I may be very annoyed by her and feel like hitting her, but I wouldn’t hit a girl! Well, not until a few moments ago.

“Kim Ryeowook, you’ve outdone yourself. I never thought that you’d stoop so low as to hit a girl!” Sooyoung screeched. I shook my head furiously.

“I didn’t mean to, Soo. I don’t know what came over me, but my body just acted on its own and…” I couldn’t even complete my sentence before Sooyoung repaid me with a slap of her own, at the same spot that I’d been slapped by Youngwoon hyung.

I winced as I bit on my lip, trying not to cry. I never thought that Sooyoung would be so strong, and that the previous slap still hurt so much. I didn’t really touch it, but I’d thought that it was well on its way to recovery.

“That was for breaking up with me. This is for slapping me,” Sooyoung said as she kneed my stomach. I fell to my knees, coughing as I tried to catch my breath. I was glad that she hadn’t kneed my crotch, but Youngwoon hyung had punched me in the stomach yesterday and it just hurts.

“And this is for all the pain that you’ve brought to me,” Sooyoung continued, kicking me continuously in the back. After some time, I began to cough out blood and Sooyoung finally decided to stop. She stood in front of me again and spat at me – literally.

“You’re pathetic. I don’t even know why I tried so hard to win you back when you’re obviously not worth it at all. My revenge plan isn’t even near completion yet. Just wait and see,” Sooyoung told me before kicking me one last time and leaving.

I lay there, coughing out blood profusely for a minute or so. After that, I took in a few deep breaths and forced myself to stand up, wincing when I felt the pain in my lower back. My back felt like it was going to break and I didn’t even know if Sooyoung’s relentless attacks would cause any type of permanent damage to my spine.

I walked to the road and flagged a cab, getting into it and sagging against the seat once I told the driver where I was headed. I fell asleep instantly, too tired to even stay awake.

The cab driver woke me up when we were at my flat. I paid and thanked the driver before getting off and going back upstairs. I knocked on Sungie’s door, praying hard that he wasn’t home yet. When nobody opened the door, I called Jongjin and asked him to let me in.

“Ryeowook… hyung?!” Jongjin exclaimed as he opened the door and saw how haggard I looked. I smiled at him weakly before I fell into his arms, too weak to stand.

“Ryeowook hyung! Oh .”

And then everything turned black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, I'm back~!

Ok I don't know if I'm just plain sadistic or is everybody just ending up hospitalised? Yesung, Kyuhyun, Teukie, and now probably Wookie? Damn I don't even know why the hell I'm putting them through all this :/

I kinda completed this chappie last Thursday but I never got around to updating it... And then I was in Batam without my lappie so I couldn't update either ><

Well I hv no idea what's gonna happen next chapter cuz I haven't started on it yet but look forward to it! Annyeong! ^^