You're Mine

You're Mine

(Continued)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

I sighed and sat down on my bed, staring at the note that Wookie had left behind. Although he did answer my call and told me not to worry, how could I not? From what I heard after waking up, Wookie disappeared near midnight and I’d bet he was currently at Sooyoung’s. It’s been hours since then and the only contact he’s made with us was me, and even then I was alone.

Really, what was Wookie thinking? Why would he even think about surrendering himself to Sooyoung? From what he wrote on the note, I could tell that he had planned to do anything Sooyoung asked of him, because she held Heechul and me hostage. Nonetheless, he shouldn’t have been so silly. He could’ve sought help from the others.

The moment I woke up in Wookie’s house and was told that he was missing, it was like my heart stopped beating. You couldn’t blame me though, with all that’s been happening for the past months. I didn’t know if it was pure coincidence that Wookie picked my call up or if he was waiting for me to call, but I was glad that at least he was fine. I was still worried, that’s a given, but I could be more panicked if he hadn’t answered the call.

I should’ve been more careful. I knew very well that Leeteuk, Heechul and Hankyung were stalling for time yesterday, bringing me around to shop with them and watch a movie, as well as eat. The four of us hardly ever hung out together anymore, ever since Kangin and Leeteuk got together. Still, I wasn’t really expecting to be knocked out cold and taken hostage. If only I had been more careful, Sooyoung wouldn’t have been able to take us hostage and Wookie would still be beside me now.

I hadn’t seen Wookie in nearly twenty-four hours. This has got to be the longest we’ve been apart since we got together, and I don’t like it one bit. I understood that Wookie was doing Sooyoung a favour and that she’d let us off once her goal was achieved, but I didn’t see why she had to take Wookie away from us; away from me.

So far, I hadn’t told the others that I’d managed to contact Wookie. While I wanted to get him back, I wouldn’t be as rash as, say, Heechul or Kangin. I wasn’t just going to find Sooyoung’s residence and take Wookie back because he told me to trust him, and I’m going to do just that. Heechul and Kangin, on the other hand, would rampage around until they found Wookie and Sooyoung probably wouldn’t let that happen so easily. I know Wookie, and he doesn’t want anyone else getting hurt.

I got up and looked sadly at Kiki the giraffe, letting out another long sigh. What was I supposed to do over the weekends without Wookie? Really, of all days to kidnap him, Sooyoung had to choose the day that I had the most time. I could tutor the others since finals are coming up, but I guess they wouldn’t be up for it. All of them are probably still freaked out over Wookie’s disappearance. Who would be in the mood to study?

Grabbing my phone, I scrolled through my list of contacts as a sudden idea came to mind. Dialling the unfamiliar number, I brought my phone to my ear and waited patiently for the person on the other end to pick up. If anything, this person would be able to help.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Thank goodness. Taeyeon, can you tell me where Sooyoung lives?”

 

---------------------

 

I gaped openly at the mansion in front of me. I knew that Sooyoung’s family were leaders of the mafia, but to be this rich? It would take me a few lifetimes to earn enough money to afford something like this. Why would she bother spending so much time chasing after Wookie when she can literally have any man she wants?

Taeyeon looked at me awkwardly and gestured towards the mansion. “This is it. I’ve been here enough for the guards to recognise me. Come on,” she said, already walking towards the security checkpoint. After speaking with the guards for a few moments, the gates opened and Taeyeon led me in. She literally had to pull me into the house because I was just too awed.

“Yesung oppa, Sooyoung doesn’t know that you’re here with me. Hurry to the east wing, where the guest rooms are. I’d bet that Ryeowook oppa is there,” Taeyeon told me. I snapped out of my trance and thanked her before quickly running off to the east wing. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Sooyoung walking along the corridors with a very familiar figure next to her, having to prevent myself from running towards Wookie.

I hid in the nearest room, shutting the door and finding a place to hide. I heard Wookie saying something to Sooyoung, and then the door to the room opened. Sooyoung told Wookie to be careful because the things in this room were apparently rather expensive before the door shut once more.

The lights in the room were flicked on and I noticed that I was hiding behind a bronze statue. I also noticed that Wookie was standing right in front of the statue, looking extremely unimpressed with me. I scratched the back of my head sheepishly and stepped out from behind the statue. “Hi?”

“Kim Jongwoon, didn’t I tell you not to look for me?” he asked, tapping his foot impatiently. I shrugged, holding my arms open for a hug and giving Wookie a kicked puppy look. Within seconds, he sighed and walked towards me, hugging me and burying his face into my chest. “Happy birthday.”

Then, pulling back and looking at me, Wookie raised a curious brow. “How’d you get in here? Did the others come with you, too?” he asked. Although discreet, I noticed that Wookie was looking me over for any injuries that might’ve come about from being held hostage. A small smile crept onto my face and Wookie hit my arm. “What’s gotten you so happy?”

“I know you’re worried about me,” I said happily with a grin. He gave me a look and I coughed awkwardly. “Taeyeon helped me to get in and no, the others aren’t here. I told them that I had errands to run and surprisingly, they didn’t question me much.”

“I’d expected Youngwoon hyung to go berserk but I guess things are better this way. Sooyoung and I were actually on the way to get started on that favour she asked of me. Oh, and you aren’t the sneakiest person around,” Wookie commented.

I deadpanned at him and sighed. “I was just worried about you and what am I supposed to do throughout the weekend without you?” I asked, attempting to pout. Wookie scrunched his nose up and laughed hitting me on the arm a few more times.

“Don’t pout, you oversized baby,” he chided with a smile. For the sake of irritating him, I pouted some more, chuckling when he huffed and turned away from me in annoyance. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his shoulder.

“I would say I didn’t mean to annoy you, but I did. Still, I’m sorry.”

“Since Sooyoung already saw you, let’s go out and meet her,” Wookie suggested, ignoring my completely insincere apology and breaking out of my embrace. It was pretty cute how Wookie liked to pretend that he was mad at me, when he hardly ever was. When he walked to the door and flicked the light switch off, he held a hand out and waited patiently for me to grab it.

Grinning, I did just that and bent down to place a peck on the corner of his lips.

 

--------------------

 

Wookie and I sat down across from Sooyoung and Taeyeon, all of us exchanging glances uncomfortably. There were two young men by Sooyoung’s sides and one of them looked too familiar for my liking.

“Jongwoon, I hope you’re aware that I won’t be letting Ryeowook return till he finishes his job,” Sooyoung informed me. I nodded in understanding, but really, I didn’t get it. She didn’t need Wookie to stay with her, did she? What exactly did she even need Wookie’s help with?

The guy on her left blinked in surprise and stared at me. “Jongwoon hyung?”

I gasped and pointed at him. “Cho Jinho?”

He nodded frantically and despite Sooyoung’s glares, came towards me and hugged me. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you!” he exclaimed. I could feel both Wookie and Sooyoung glaring at me now, and I pushed Jinho away from me.

“He’s the son of my umma’s friend,” I explained quickly. Wookie might very well kill Jinho for hugging me, and Sooyoung might kill me, too. Sooyoung snapped her fingers and Jinho returned to her side, apologising for his unbecoming behaviour.

Sensing the atmosphere, Taeyeon got up and announced that she was leaving. Jinho escorted her out of the mansion and Sooyoung looked at us seriously. “I need Ryeowook to make Jinho fall in love with me. I don’t care if he’s my personal guard, but I like him and I want him,” Sooyoung said straightforwardly.

“Then I think I can be of some help,” I offered. Sooyoung raised a brow just as Jinho walked back into the room and assumed his position on her left. I debated internally whether or not to just tell him outright that Sooyoung liked him. Wookie looked at me curiously as I called for Jinho’s attention.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Sooyoung likes you.”

Sooyoung gasped and got up, storming over to probably smack some sense into me when Jinho finally replied, “Really? Why me? She has so many other men under her that are better than me.”

I shrugged and nearly yelped when Sooyoung tried to slap me. Luckily, I ducked in time to avoid the slap. Wookie simply gave me a look of utter disbelief, not having expected me to just tell Jinho about Sooyoung’s feelings so easily.

“Because you’re you, I guess,” Sooyoung said as nonchalantly as possible.

Jinho looked confused for a moment, but grinned and walked towards Sooyoung. “I like you too, noona! That’s actually why I worked so hard to become your personal guard,” Jinho admitted shyly. Sooyoung’s other guard excused himself discreetly, and Wookie and I eventually did too.

“You’re good at matchmaking,” Wookie remarked, packing his stuff into his backpack.

“Well… yeah.”

“Come on, let’s go home,” Wookie said.

 

--------------------

 

When we got back, Wookie was swarmed by everyone and he just told them that he was visiting Sooyoung. When Heechul insisted that she kidnapped him, I just gave him an incredulous look and asked if we would be back, if that were the case. After that, Heechul shut up.

Currently, Wookie and I were sitting in bed, unpacking his stuff. It seemed rather unbelievable that everything with Sooyoung’s over, just like that. It doesn’t really seem possible for Sooyoung to finally let us off, but that’s the reality.

Wookie leaned back against me and looked at me. “Can’t believe it either?”

I shook my head. “Not really, no.”

“Well, it is. Believe it or not.”

I nodded in agreement and smirked as I flipped Wookie onto his back. It didn’t take long for us to get undressed. In between kisses, I asked, “Can I have my birthday present now?”

Wookie grinned in response and kissed me back. “Sure thing.”

A half hour later, Wookie and I lay together in each other’s arms.

“You know what?” I asked.

Wookie hummed in reply, snuggling deeper into my chest. I placed a kiss on his crown, holding him ever closer to me. So much has happened in the course of eight months and everything’s settled. Wookie and I can finally have the normal relationship most people have, instead of one consisting of us battling against Sooyoung.

You’re mine.

I felt Wookie smile against my chest and he nodded in reply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just gonna put this out there - worst ending ever, I know. And I'll admit, I really just wanted to get this over with but had no idea how. This came out as a result of my substandard writing and to be honest, I'm not pleased with it either.

Thank you to all my suscribers and silent readers, and special thanks to my commentors. I really didn't wanna end it like this but I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do with this fic anymore. To prevent myself from ending it even more crappily, I decided to just stop it here.

To anyone who's read my other fics, you should know that I usually don't write the same pairing again (unless for a sequel) so I need you lovely people to just vote down there and tell me which you prefer, Infinite or Teen Top. The Teen Top fic will be a fantasy au fic while the Infinite one is just gonna be a college au kinda fic (don't really know how to describe but eh)

Again, I'm sorry for the tiest ending ever and I hope you guys continue to support me in my other fics! That's about it, and I hope to see you guys on my next fic! Annyeong~! ^^

P.S. I won't be surprised if some people bash me for this ending. It's terrible, I'm aware. Bash all you want, I'll take it.