Worrying

You're Mine

(Continued)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

On the way back to the hospital, I couldn’t help but subconsciously look Wookie over for any injuries. For goodness sake, he had gone off to confront Sooyoung again and this time, she had men with her. How could I not be worried, especially when my boyfriend is this reckless?

Wookie seemed to finally notice me looking him over and he turned to me, raising a brow incredulously. “Sungie, I’m fine,” he insisted. I snorted, completely not believing him but letting the matter slide for now. I still really wanted to know why he suddenly looked Sooyoung up after what happened last time. And why was Yonghwa the one who told us that Wookie was in trouble? Didn’t he have to go somewhere?

In front of us, Kibum and Siwon were busy checking each other for injuries time and again. Just like me, they both didn’t believe that the other was fine. But Eunhyuk and Kibum had handled two men together, while Siwon was pretty fit. I doubt that they’d be injured much. Wookie, on the other hand, had been alone and struggling against eight bulky men. Just the thought of it made me worried and angry. What did Wookie do to make Sooyoung send eight trained men after him?

This brings me to another issue: how exactly had we fought all those men and survived? For one, I knew that I wasn’t a good fighter. It could have been the anger that took over me and made me beat up that one guy, but they were trained. It was still a miracle that we escaped, mostly unscathed.

We entered Sungmin’s room where everyone was, including Kangin, Hankyung, Heechul, Eunhyuk, and Zhoumi. Hankyung a couple bandages around his waist but apart from that, he was fine. I heard Wookie sigh in relief and gave him a look.

“Wookie, can you please explain what the hell happened out there?” I asked, trying to keep the edge out of my voice. It didn’t work. I was still quite upset about what just happened. If Yonghwa hadn’t come to warn us, who knows what could have happened to Wookie? The mere thought of it made me shudder slightly.

At this time, Yonghwa stood up and coughed awkwardly. “I think I should start.”

In a second, all of us had our eyes on him. Yonghwa’s eyes darted around the room nervously, his gaze landing on Seohyun for a short moment. She gave a nervous but approving nod and Yonghwa took a deep breath to steady himself.

“Kyuhyun, I’m engaged to Joohyun. I’m her fiancé,” he started. Kyuhyun blinked, processing the info. He simply nodded and I saw Sungmin smile lightly. I’m glad that Kyuhyun finally came around. It didn’t matter if he remembered the past. We had time to help him.

“Sooyoung was the one who ordered for Kyuhyun to be run over. She… she kidnapped me. She threatened Joohyun and made her run Kyuhyun over,” Yonghwa said. What? Seohyun was the one who ran Kyuhyun over? But… wasn’t she his childhood friend? To be honest though, I’d do the exact same thing if I was put in her shoes. I understand how she felt when she made the decision.

There was a collective gasp from everyone but Wookie. I guess this was why he looked Sooyoung up, then. Wookie’s always cared about us, his group of friends. He wouldn’t stand having any of us hurt, or used, in any way. More likely than not, he snapped when he found out about this. He probably couldn’t stand the way Sooyoung made her friends do her dirty deeds. The worst part was that the girls she used were good friends of their targets.

Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun. “Joohyun, is it true? You were the one?” he asked, feelings of betrayal evident in his tone. Seohyun nodded sadly, a tear or two rolling down her cheeks. “I didn’t think you loved him this much. Alright,” Kyuhyun said softly. He didn’t reprimand Seohyun or blame her for anything. There was only a reluctant acceptance.

“I think Ryeowook should say the rest. I only saw some men appear after he fought with Sooyoung, and then I ran back here,” Yonghwa said, handing the baton over to Wookie while he sat down beside Seohyun once more.

“So Wookie, mind explaining?”

 

---------------------

 

I sat down on the floor and pulled Wookie down to sit with me, deciding that maybe he wouldn’t appreciate standing while explaining what happened earlier on. After all, who knew how long he could take to explain things?

Grabbing on to Wookie’s hand and giving it a small squeeze, I told Wookie to start. He nodded hesitantly, clearly nervous about what everyone would think of his recklessness or something similar. He was always conscious of other’s opinions of him.

“You all heard what Yonghwa said. Wouldn’t you have felt angry? I know I did, so I called Sooyoung up to settle matters. I don’t know what exactly happened between us, since I just slapped her and she slapped me back. Then I pushed her to the ground and cursed at her. She kneed me in the gut, so I mocked her and broke her wrist and she called out those men. I was held by one guy while the others were discussing what to do with me and… you guys showed up,” Wookie explained, all in one go. It took everyone a few minutes to register his words, including me.

The moment Wookie’s words really sank in, I spun him around and shook him to his senses. “Were you crazy? Those men could have killed you!” I exclaimed agitatedly. Wookie chuckled and I let go of him, wondering if he was hysterical or something.

“Sooyoung told them not to kill me, so I wouldn’t have died,” Wookie added.

I could almost sense the people in the room rolling their eyes. “So what? They might have killed you!”

Leeteuk nodded in agreement. “Ryeowook, don’t do that again. You were lucky this time,” he said seriously. I hummed, acknowledging the fact as well. Wookie could only sigh and accede to the request. But knowing my boyfriend, there was still a chance of him being reckless like this time. He only needed a trigger and he’d definitely look Sooyoung up again.

“I feel like grounding you, now,” Kangin said absentmindedly. He was probably pretty worried too. After all, Wookie was his brother. I couldn’t agree more with the suggestion. We should just ground Wookie till he learns not to give us heart attacks.

Wookie pouted and shook his head. “I won’t call her up again, I swear!” Wookie protested.

“Ryeowook hyung, I find that rather hard to believe,” Henry said. Wookie could only scowl, knowing very well that he wouldn’t be able to keep his promise. It would only take another incident to make Wookie call Sooyoung – again.

“I know you’re mad at Sooyoung for doing all this to us, but don’t look her up,” Donghae advised. “We don’t like seeing you hurt just as much as you don’t like seeing us hurt.” Wookie bit on his lower lip, sighed, and nodded in defeat. We all knew that Wookie treasured his close friends, aka us, and he would never want to see Sooyoung cause pain to any of us. But the same went for us, because Wookie was a good friend to all of us. And, well, a great boyfriend to me.

Yonghwa suddenly stood up and scratched the back of his neck. “I really have to get going, for real this time. Joohyun?” Yonghwa asked, looking at Seohyun. She glanced over at Kyuhyun who smiled and nodded, signalling that he would be fine without her. Seohyun gave Kyuhyun a grateful smile before standing up, grabbing onto Yonghwa’s arm and leaving with him after bidding us goodbye.

When the couple was gone, I went to inspect Wookie once more. “She kneed you in the gut?” I asked softly. Wookie nodded and I brought him out, to one of the toilets that weren’t in Sungmin’s room. Once we were in a cubicle and I locked the door, I pulled Wookie’s shirt up and applied some pressure on his abdominal area, apologising when Wookie winced.

“That bad?”

“She kneed me pretty hard,” he admitted sheepishly. “I… kind of coughed up blood when she did.”

“Yeah, yeah… what?” I asked, doing a double take. Coughed up blood? For the love of god, “Why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“I didn’t think it was important,” Wookie replied nonchalantly. I resisted the urge to hit my head on the nearest solid object, instead inspecting his stomach area more carefully. Now that I look at it, there was a bruise forming, even if it wasn’t a big one. There was probably internal bleeding earlier on, at least a little. With that thought in mind, I pulled Wookie’s shirt down and led him to the doctor’s office.

 

--------------------

 

“Clearly he’s had some internal bleeding, but it’s nothing serious. As for the bruises, just rub them often to let the blood clots dissipate. Is that all?” Dr. Park asked. I nodded and thanked him, leaving the room and closing the door behind Wookie and me.

We headed for the hospital canteen, both hungry after what just happened. Wookie reminded me that the others would probably be hungry too, so I rang Eunhyuk up to ask him what everyone wanted. There was one thing I forgot though. Eunhyuk’s phone was almost useless since he hardly ever checked it, even if it was ringing or vibrating in his pocket.

After a minute or so, I gave up on calling Eunhyuk and called Zhoumi instead. This time, the call actually got through. “Yesung hyung?”

“Ask everyone what they want to eat,” I instructed, joining Wookie in the queue. Zhoumi told me everyone’s ‘orders’ and Wookie recorded it down on the phone. “Thanks Mi. We’ll be back in a bit,” I told him, hanging up and double-checking the list.

Ten minutes later, take or give five minutes, we were back in Sungmin’s room once more. We handed out the respective packets of food to whoever wanted to eat, and sat down on the floor to eat our own food when we were done with that.

“Where’d you go just now?” Sungmin asked. I was reminded of how Wookie neglected to tell me about him coughing up blood and sighed, shaking my head in response. Even if there wasn’t much internal bleeding, one could hardly blame me for being worried.

“We went to Dr. Park’s office to check some of my injuries out,” Wookie explained upon seeing that I wasn’t going to say anything. Kyuhyun furrowed his brows and asked if Wookie was fine, to which he replied, “Yeah, it wasn’t anything serious.”

That led me to frown and eye Wookie. “Sure…” I said sarcastically. “As if coughing up blood is nothing serious,” I added, narrowing my eyes at my boyfriend. Kangin immediately came over to check on Wookie’s bruises like a hyung would and Wookie puffed up his cheeks.

“It wasn’t that bad!” he whined.

“Coughing up blood seems pretty bad,” Shindong commented, earning a groan from Wookie as I gave him an I-told-you-so look. “I mean come on, Ryeowook. Wouldn’t you be worried if Yesung hyung coughed up blood?”

Wookie pouted and nodded. “Fine, you win.”

When Kangin deemed Wookie fine enough to not stay in the hospital, he and Leeteuk left to go home. Apparently, Leeteuk was staying over at Kangin’s so that he could help Kangin with his homework. Zhoumi and Henry left together with them, as well and Eunhyuk and Donghae. Not long after that, Wookie and I decided to head home too.

By the time we reached home, it was about 8pm. Wookie and I showered together to save time, since we both had homework and projects to work on. When we finished our homework, we were too exhausted to even change out of our clothes. We just brushed our teeth and climbed into bed.

I wrapped my arms around Wookie and felt him hug me back. “You’d better not scare me like that again,” I warned. I never wanted to hear that Wookie was in trouble with Sooyoung again. Wookie really gave me quite the scare.

Wookie nodded against my chest and yawned.

“I promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was pretty much just a filler chapter, as most of the chapters are. I can't really think of anything right now x.x

School starts tomorrow TT I'll be busier this term, but I'll try my best to stick to updating weekly >< Hopefully I can have time for all my fics :/

How was this chapter? Random? XP I don't even know anymore.

Well, as much as possible, I guess I'll see you guys next week :) Annyeong~! ^-^