The Calm

You're Mine

 

(A month later)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

I jumped in surprise when I heard Wookie choking on his lunch and patted his back to stop his coughing. When he finally managed to swallow his food, I could see that his face was red from the coughing fit and handed him his water. Wookie took it from me gratefully and gulped the water.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, knowing fully well that Wookie wouldn’t just choke for nothing. He handed his phone to me and showed me the message. I widened my eyes in shock or horror, I didn’t really know. All I knew was that the contents of the message were unexpected, to say the least.

‘Ryeowook-ah, are you still in school? Where are your clothes? Call me after school! Your appa and I want to have dinner with you and Youngwoon outside later, arasso? Love you! <3

By the way, why did your hyung change the lock?

-Umma’

I returned Wookie his phone and I saw that he paled visibly. Everyone around the table turned to look at us curiously. I gave them a forced smile and shook my head, indicating that nothing was wrong. I then stood up, grabbed Wookie’s hand and brought him out of the cafeteria.

“Your parents are back in Seoul already?” I questioned softly despite the fact that none of the others could possibly hear us. Wookie gulped and nodded, biting his lower lip. Seeing that Wookie was trembling, I wrapped my arms around him and just stayed like that.

“What am I going to do? Youngwoon hyung would kill me,” Wookie whispered, terrified at the prospect of having dinner with Kangin again. I shushed him and his hair.

“Don’t worry. I’ll go with you and help you explain to your parents,” I promised. Wookie’s body relaxed and I heaved a sigh of relief. “Let’s get back in.”

Wookie nodded and I let him out of my embrace, lacing our fingers together automatically.

Nothing happened within the past month. School went on as usual. Now, unlike before, we had to take other lessons. For the first month of school, we only took lessons for our major and minor. Once the first month’s over, we would start to take other compulsory lessons such as Economics, Calculus, Foreign Language, Korean, and so on.

Sooyoung didn’t do anything within the past month. Eunhyuk and Donghae have gotten back together, and their relationship is stronger than ever now. Zhoumi and Henry are finally being more comfortable with displaying their affection for each other. Siwon and Kibum have also confessed to each other a few weeks ago, after Wookie forced them to hold hands. They’re taking small steps, but they’re getting more and more comfortable with being in a relationship.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun are still arguing about whether or not Kyuhyun should keep gaming, but Kyuhyun gives in to Sungmin all the time. Heechul and Hankyung are just… Heechul and Hankyung. Having is still as normal an occurrence as ever. Shindong and Nari are as loving as ever.

Leeteuk isn’t talking to Kangin yet. After all, Kangin hasn’t acknowledged the fact that Wookie wasn’t at fault for the kidnap of their parents, so many years ago. Leeteuk doesn’t want to forgive Kangin until Kangin forgives Wookie.

Wookie and I are still staying together at my house. It doesn’t feel strange to wake up to the smell of cooking, or to a sleeping Wookie in my arms. We haven’t gotten to the stage where we really made love, like Heechul and Hankyung or possibly Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

We’ve had oral , better known as a , and s too, but not actually making love. After all, Jongjin is always home and my parents’ room isn’t that far away from mine. We can’t possible do anything without disturbing anyone.

Speaking of Jongjin, he finally had the guts to confess to that girl he always sleep talked about. Lee Jieun, was it? She’s a pretty nice girl and she’s good at singing too. Jongjin and she got together about two weeks ago and they meet up any other day. They’re kind of sweet, if you ask me.

I didn’t realise that I was smiling until Wookie poked my side. “Sungie, are we going to finish our lunch or not? And why are you smiling?” Wookie asked. I snapped back to reality and grinned at him.

“I was just thinking about Jongjin and his girlfriend. I think they look cute together,” I replied. Wookie smiled and nodded in agreement, beginning to head back to our table in the cafeteria. I ignored the gazes of the others and sat down at my seat. Wookie took his seat beside me and we quickly finished our lunch.

“Where did you guys go to?” Leeteuk asked when we were walking to our respective classes.

“Wookie’s parents want to have dinner with him and Kangin outside later. I’m going with him so that there’s somebody to stand up for him,” I answered, instinctively tightening my grip on Wookie’s hand. Leeteuk stopped dead in his tracks.

“Can I go along?”

Wookie glanced at me, and then back at Leeteuk. “Sure, if you don’t mind seeing hyung again.”

Leeteuk shook his head hastily. “I miss him, but whenever I think of his stupidity I just can’t bring myself to forgive him,” Leeteuk sighed. “Tell me where and when you’re eating. I’ll meet you.”

Wookie nodded and sighed. “I absolutely abhor Pre-Calculus,” Wookie pouted and reluctantly let go of my hand as we arrived in front of his classroom. We shared a short kiss and I pecked Wookie’s forehead once before waving to him.

“Calculus is worse. I’ll see you after school. I love you,” I told him.

“I love you too,” Wookie replied and trudged into his classroom. I watched as Minwoo and Sungjong jumped onto my boyfriend excitedly, chuckling as I caught up with Leeteuk and went to Foreign Language class together.

 

--------------------------------

 

Foreign Language class passed by in a flash and I sighed as I realised that I hadn’t learnt anything about Chinese that I didn’t already know. I can’t read any better, and my pronunciation isn’t improving either.

Next was Gym. My class was supposedly doing basketball and I sighed again upon realising that I absolutely at basketball. Eunhyuk and Donghae were in the same Gym class as me, as well as Heechul.

The first fifteen minutes of lesson was spent changing into our sweatshirts and warming up. Our teacher then split us into three teams of ten and started playing. The team that won would continue to play and the team sitting out would go in and play. The losing team would sit out.

The team that won was determined by whoever scored ten shoots first. Our Gym teacher, Mr. Park, would just correct us whenever he saw a mistake in either our posture or technique, and that was about it.

Thankfully for me, my group had Donghae. Donghae was amazing at basketball, as was Eunhyuk. Heechul was with neither Donghae nor Eunhyuk and he looked like he wanted to kill me for being able to get into the same team as Donghae. I just laughed at him and started playing.

At the end of the lesson, everyone was exhausted. We were dismissed from the gym and the four of us went to change into something more comfortable. We didn’t bother showering though, since it was easier to shower at home.

We walked to the cafeteria together and saw that the others were already there. I wrapped an arm around Wookie and he pushed my arm away, scrunching his nose up cutely. I frowned at him.

“Why’d you push me away like that?” I asked, feeling a little hurt.

“You’re sweaty and gross. I told you to bathe after Gym!” Wookie scolded and avoided me when I tried to wrap an arm around him anyway. “Yah!”

Heechul smirked at me and leaned into Hankyung. “Hannie doesn’t care about my sweatiness,” Heechul pointed out to me, clearly trying to make me jealous. Hankyung frowned but Heechul missed it, and I had to resist the urge to point it out. Heechul would kill Hankyung.

“Yeah, whatever. Wookie still loves me,” I replied and settled for holding my boyfriend’s hand. “This should be fine, right? I washed my hands.”

Wookie grinned and nodded. “Can we go back now? You really have to bathe.”

“Fine. Bye guys!” I waved to the rest of our friends and walked out of school. We met Jongjin at the bus stop, reading a book about cooking that I probably wouldn’t understand. I saw culinary terms that I had never heard of and decided to stop reading.

“Jongjin, where did you get this book?” Wookie asked excitedly.

“Library,” Jongjin replied nonchalantly, not looking up from the book.

“I know where we’re going next time!” Wookie exclaimed and I had to suppress a groan. I love Wookie, I really do, but searching for culinary books was something that didn’t exactly interest me. Still, I nodded because I knew that it would make Wookie happy.

The bus came and we got on. The rest of the ride home was spent listening to Wookie and Jongjin talk about culinary stuff that I probably would never understand.

Once we entered the house, Wookie shoved me into the toilet and threw my towel to me, telling me to bathe quickly. I did as told, making sure to wash all the sweat and grime off my body even as I bathed as quickly as possible.

I threw my dirty clothes and my sweatshirt into the laundry basket, wrapping my towel around my waist and heading to my room to get a fresh set of clothes. Wookie was lying on my bed, currently our bed, using my laptop to search for something. He turned around when he heard the door close and grinned at me.

“You smell nice,” Wookie commented.

“Of course! Now would you want to watch me put on my clothes or turn away?” I asked cheekily. Wookie flushed a deep shade of red and immediately turned back to look at whatever he was searching for. I chuckled and put my clothes on, taking my own sweet time.

I climbed into bed beside Wookie when I was fully dressed and wrapped my arms around Wookie’s waist. “Is it ok to hug you now?” I questioned. Wookie hummed his answer and turned around so that he was facing me instead of the laptop screen. He buried his face into my chest and hugged me like a bolster, like he would do every night when we slept.

“I don’t feel like calling umma,” Wookie whined.

“You still have to. Just call her and tell her that you’re at my place, and that you’ll go home after dinner,” I told him. “If you can, anyway,” I added as an afterthought. Wookie shook his head obstinately and I took his phone from my bedside table, unlocking it without difficulty since I knew the password – my birthday. How predictable, right?

I sent a text to Wookie’s umma instead of calling her like she asked him to. Then I set his phone back down on the table and stared at the laptop screen. I saw that Wookie had been doing research for History and shook my head in distaste. I took Literature and Geography, but not History. It was just so dry to me.

“Did you just send my umma a text?” Wookie asked in horror, looking at his phone. “‘I’m at Sungie’s house. I’ll meet you after dinner, don’t worry.’ I don’t text my umma like that!” Wookie screeched and flailed around in my arms. “She’s so going to call me.”

Just as the words left Wookie’s mouth, his ringtone sounded and he made a few strangled noises. He hesitantly answered the call and put it on loudspeaker so that I could listen to the conversation as well. “Yeoboseyo? Umma?”

“Wookie! Is that really you?” Mrs. Kim – ok, my umma is Mrs. Kim too but still – asked worriedly.

“Yes, umma. Sungie was helping me text you, don’t worry. Are you home now?” Wookie asked.

“Yup! Your appa and I brought souvenirs from Vietnam!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed. Wookie rolled his eyes.

“She always buys too many souvenirs. I like souvenirs, but it’s too much,” Wookie whispered. “That’s great, umma! Sungie and Teukie umma are going to dinner with us.”

“Good! See you guys later!” Mrs. Kim made a kissing sound and I raised a brow at Wookie when he ended the call.

“What?”

“Your umma is so hyper,” I remarked.

Wookie sighed.

“Yes, she is.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I completely had no idea what the title of this chappie should be o.o Well, I'm on the way to fix Kangin and Wookie's issue cuz I really can't stand Kangin's behvaviour now ><

Sooyoung ain't doing anything now but she will and guess who's next on her hitlist? *evil grin*

Anyways, I might take a little longer to update (again, sigh) because my mid-year exams are coming up and I can't afford to screw it up TT

I hope you guys enjoyed this and pls look forward to the next chapter~ Annyeong! ^-^