Of Anger and Injuries

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

I groaned a little as I felt something shift under me. Blinking, I remembered that I’d stayed overnight in the hospital with Wookie. I immediately got up and frowned at Wookie who was slowly waking up. How could he lie to me? I would have been mad if he told me that he was going to meet Sooyoung, but it would be better than me finding out myself.

“Sungie?” I heard Wookie’s voice and saw him blinking up at me in confusion. “Where am I?”

“You’re in the hospital. Why did you do that?” I asked him, clenching my fists together. I know that Wookie’s been through a lot yesterday and I really don’t want to shout, but if there’s one thing I can’t tolerate, it’s people who betray my trust.

“Why did I do what?” Wookie asked, still slightly confused about the situation at hand.

“Why did you lie to me and meet up with Sooyoung?” I demanded, standing up and hovering over Wookie. I was starting to get pissed and I’m sure it showed. I watched as Wookie’s shoulders began to tremble. Heck, his whole frame was shaking and before I knew it, I heard soft sobs coming from my boyfriend.

“I just… I didn’t want you to follow me, and I knew that Sooyoung was behind this,” Wookie replied before breaking down into violent sobs once again. I felt my anger subside and I softened when I saw Wookie crying. Sighing, I drew Wookie into a hug and he cried against my chest, murmuring apologies every now and then.

After what seemed like forever, Wookie’s sobs came to a halt and he stayed in my arms for a little while before he pulled away, sniffling one last time and wiping the tears away. He stared at me, and I stared back, the two of us at a loss about what to say.

“I… I know I should have told you, Sungie, but Sooyoung isn’t somebody to mess with,” Wookie spoke first, and I sighed. “She did this to me single-handedly.”

“Well, the doctor said that you had some internal bleeding and he thought that I was some abusive boyfriend or something,” I informed him, scoffing as I remembered how the doctor eyed me. Why would he think that I’m such a sadistic bastard?

“It’s probably from Sooyoung and Youngwoon hyung. I’m sorry you were maligned,” Wookie apologised. This boy has to stop apologising for everything. He would have said more, but I pulled him into a kiss before he had a chance to even react.

As usual, the kiss got heated and by the time we pulled apart, both of our faces were flushed and we were panting for air. How long did we kiss anyways? I think we might have managed to break our record of a minute. Oh god.

“Ahem.”

Wookie and I turned to look at the source of the disturbance, obviously not wanting anyone to ruin our moment. I finally got over the fact that Wookie lied to me, and our resident has to ruin everything. This is just wonderful.

“How long have you been standing there?” Wookie asked, his cheeks turning even redder than a moment ago. I watched as Heechul smirked and sauntered into the room with Hankyung trailing behind him, the latter holding onto a basket.

“You know, ever since you apologised to Yesung,” Heechul replied nonchalantly. I looked at Heechul in horror. That means that he watched us kiss for the entire time?! What kind of erted hyung does that?

“…what?” Wookie asked in a small voice, obviously more horrified by the news than I was. Wookie has always been the shy one, and I bet knowing that Heechul watched us make out for a whole minute plus was probably killing him inside.

“Yeah. I told him not to look, but he insisted and you know I can’t do anything about that,” Hankyung said apologetically. Heechul shrugged him off and took the basket from Hankyung’s hands. What exactly is in there anyway?

“This is for you. Donghae’s still not going to school so the others are trying to talk to him. Kyuhyun should be coming over with Sungmin soon, Siwon and Kibum too, but the rest of them will stay with Donghae today. Gosh, we keep skipping school nowadays,” Heechul gasped in realisation. No matter how much of a diva Heechul was, he didn’t like to tarnish his attendance record and he actually enjoyed hanging out with friends at school.

I shrugged. Skipping school was no big deal to me, honestly. I’ve been through the same routine for three years now, and Heechul’s been through it for four years. It’s a little boring, to say the least.

Wookie, on the other hand, was wallowing in self-pity.

“How do I ever catch up now?” Wookie whined. I rolled my eyes, chuckling silently at his behaviour.

“Wookie, you have a boyfriend who has been through it all. Just ask me for help,” I reminded him. Wookie puffed his cheeks up and shook his head stubbornly.

“I don’t want to trouble anyone.”

“This isn’t called troubling me. Besides, I can let you return the favour one way or another,” I replied. Wookie sighed in defeat and nodded.

“Fine.”

Heechul cleared his throat to get our attention, obviously out to ruin the moment again.

“Aren’t you hungry? Go wash up and eat some fruits,” Heechul told us. Wookie and I nodded, only just remembering the fact that we had yet to wash up since we woke up. I stood up, waiting for Wookie to get up so that we could go to the toilet. However, Wookie faltered when he tried to stand up and I managed to catch him before he fell.

“My back hurts so damn bad,” Wookie groaned as he winced in pain. I bit my lip as I remembered that he’d been kicked multiple times in the back, and that it had caused majority of his internal bleeding. His back had been covered in bruises, and still was, according to the doctor.

Without a second thought, I scooped Wookie into my arms, feeling him flinch as I touched his back. I ignored Heechul’s suggestive wink and carried Wookie into the toilet, setting him down on the chair that was in there. Once I made sure that Wookie was comfortable, I locked the toilet door so that Heechul couldn’t disturb us anymore.

“Let me see,” I told Wookie, slightly lifting the back of his shirt. Wookie nodded, albeit hesitantly, and let me pull the entire shirt off of him. I saw him shiver as the cool air hit his body. I bent down to take a look at his back, something that I hadn’t had the chance to do yesterday.

Wookie’s back looks worse than I could have ever imagined. There were multiple bruises trailing down his spine, beginning from the middle. There were bruises at his sides too, and I could only take a deep breath to calm myself. I made my way in front of Wookie and my eyes widened at the purplish bruise on his stomach. I know that Kangin had punched him, but this?!

“What happened?” I asked, my voice coming out in a whisper. Wookie’s body is in such a bad condition. He had a bruise on his right cheek too, from where he had been slapped.

“What?” Wookie asked. He was obviously unaware of his current physical state. I turned him around slowly, trying not to cause him any pain. I clearly failed when Wookie hissed in pain as I applied a little too much pressure on his lower back.

“Look.”

Wookie’s eyes doubled in size as he looked at the mirror, hissing in pain once again when he had to turn to get a full view of his back. He probably didn’t know that the damage done to him was so bad. I can somehow understand that Sooyoung is angry, yes, but Kangin doing this? It’s unacceptable that anyone would abuse their brother like this!

“I-I… I never knew that Sooyoung was this strong. She had been wearing pointed heels though,” Wookie pondered aloud. Sooyoung did ALL of this?!

“Who did this to you?” I questioned, pointing at his back.

“Sooyoung.”

“And this?” I pointed at his stomach.

“Youngwoon hyung punched me and Sooyoung kneed me.”

“What about your face?” I asked, caressing his right cheek and smoothing my thumb over the bruise that marred Wookie’s otherwise flawless skin.

“Youngwoon hyung slapped me, and Sooyoung slapped me again.”

“Why would Sooyoung even injure you like this? I understand that she’s upset, but this…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say about Sooyoung. She had been pretty bad to us before Wookie even joined, and after he rejected her again, she was just plain being a .

“She’s well-trained in martial arts, truth to be told. Her appa made her pick up all sorts of skills necessary to survive as a mafia leader. She’s taking over soon,” Wookie informed me. Mafia leader? So she’s going to have an army soon? An army that she could use against us? Great.

I shook my head, trying to ignore the warning bells going off in my head and picking up a toothbrush. I washed it and put toothpaste on the bristles before handing it to Wookie, doing the same for myself. Both of us brushed in silence, neither knowing what to say to start a decent conversation.

We rinsed our mouths after brushing and ensured that our teeth were clean before washing out faces. Wookie had some issues with bending over since his back hurt, and he couldn’t quite wash his face without feeling pain either, so I tried my best to wash his face gently, using a plastic basin to wash the facial cleanser off afterwards. When we were done washing up, we dried our faces with the towels provided by the hospital before I carried Wookie back to his bed.

“Wow, I’ve never seen you exude such manliness before, Yesung. Previously you were just a guy with small hands, but now you know how to care about your boyfriend,” Heechul remarked. I didn’t know whether or not he was being sarcastic, but I let it slide.

“Don’t be mean, Chullie. Yesung has always exuded manliness, but not like now,” Hankyung corrected, smiling warmly at me. I returned a smile of my own, glad that Hankyung was here to back me up when Heechul was being an .

“Can you ask Donghae hyung to come over? I want to clarify something with him,” Wookie requested. Heechul looked at Hankyung, as if asking his boyfriend if that was a good idea. I rolled my eyes at Heechul’s actions and sighed.

“Just do it. I want you to call Eunhyuk over too. I know Hyoyeon didn’t lie that day, but we need to see if Donghae will be willing to forgive Eunhyuk,” I instructed. Heechul scoffed.

“You don’t order me around, Kim Jongwoon. But that’s a good idea, so let’s go. Eat your fruits while waiting for us,” Heechul had snarled at me, later changing to a calmer tone. He slightly ruffled Wookie’s hair and walked out of the room, latched onto Hankyung’s arm.

“Have a pear,” I suggested, peeling the said fruit and cutting it before serving it to Wookie. He thanked me and munched on the small pieces of pear in contentment, sagging against me. I knew that Wookie was already tired of all this, but something tells me that this isn’t even near over yet.

Sooyoung, what do you have in store for us next?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok what the hell is this? -.-

I don't even know what the point of this chapter is but hey, Yesung is being nice and caring here so that's somewhat of a good thing since I miss their interactions :)

Since I have less CCA practice now, I should be able to type and study more but that doesn't mean I'll update more. I don't quite have internet 24/7 which is kinda annoying and I can't do much about that now can I? ><

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry for not updating earlier cause I was being lazy and didn't want to type XD

Look forward to the next chapter! Some drama's gonna go down between Donghae and Eunhyuk :D

Ok, that's all from me today! Annyeong! ^^