Breakdown

You're Mine

 

(Continued)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

Damn, my whole body hurts, especially my back. Why oh why was I stupid enough to look Sooyoung up? I knew that she would never ever leave me without making me pay a price, and she still has more to come.

I bit on a piece of pear, mentally groaning in frustration when I felt the slightest of pains on my cheekbone. Did Sooyoung slap me with a metal board or something? Why does it hurt so much? I finished the last piece of pear and resisted the urge to heave a sigh of relief.

I looked up at Sungie who stared back at me, and he smiled warmly at me. I don’t even deserve him. How can he forgive me so easily when I’ve caused so many of our friends to be hurt? And I even lied to him, to go and see Sooyoung! I don’t understand how Sungie can forgive me within minutes, but I do know that I don’t deserve somebody as good as him.

I sighed, and a tear unknowingly made its way down my face. I just feel so bad for Eunhyuk and Donghae hyungs. Their situation seems a lot worse than Youngwoon hyung and Teukie umma’s. And Sooyoung said that her revenge plan wasn’t even near complete. What more does she have for us?

I felt a warm finger brush my cheek and I blinked up at Sungie.

“Don’t cry, Wookie. It isn’t your fault,” Sungie assured me. I felt like crying even more when he said that. It is my fault! If I hadn’t met him, I wouldn’t know the hyungs and Sooyoung wouldn’t even think of targeting them! I shook my head defiantly and sniffled, another tear escaping, and then another. Within seconds, I was bawling and Sungie had gathered me in his arms.

“Shh,” Sungie cooed, patting my back softly. I kept crying for at least ten minutes before my wails quieted down to soft sobs. I sniffled and pulled away from Sungie’s embrace, not wanting him to see me when I seemed so frail and weak. I was about to pull the blankets over my head when Sungie pulled me up, jarring my back and unintentionally making my injuries hurt. I winced and Sungie widened his eyes.

“Wookie, I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to cause you any pain! I just wanted to prevent you from hiding, because that won’t solve anything,” Sungie exclaimed apologetically. I sighed, nodding reluctantly. He was right, but that doesn’t mean that I want to admit it.

Sungie wiped the tears off my cheeks and held my face in his small hands, tilting my head up so that he could look at me properly. Had he not done that, I would probably have dove under the blankets again.

Sungie looked at me and I almost broke down again when I saw the love in his eyes. Why does he love me so much? I shook the thoughts off slowly, knowing that Sungie wanted me to be cheerful and not think about depressing things.

I was going to apologise for blaming myself when it wasn’t completely my fault when Eunhyuk hyung literally threw the room doors open and ran in. He looked pretty frantic. I think that maybe he thought Donghae hyung was already here.

Disappointment washed over Eunhyuk hyung when he realised that Donghae hyung wasn’t here yet, and I felt like crying all over again. Why am I such a crybaby?

Siwon and Kibum, as well as Zhoumi hyung and Henry, trailed behind Eunhyuk hyung and walked into the room, smiling lightly at me. I raised a hand to acknowledge them, knowing fully well how much it would hurt if I smiled. Heck, it hurt so much when I cried, but I just ignored it. And of course, It had hurt when I spoke, but my injuries hadn’t been so sore in the morning when I was washing up with Sungie.

“Ryeowook, have you seen Hae?” Eunhyuk hyung asked. Honestly, he looked a little mad now. He must feel horrible without Donghae hyung since the two of them are almost inseparable. I sighed softly. Sooyoung had caused this to happen to them.

Sungie shook his head slowly and Eunhyuk hyung was about to run out, but the other four made a human wall and prevented Eunhyuk hyung from running off.

“Eunhyuk, Heechul and Hankyung are bringing him over,” Sungie told Eunhyuk hyung. Eunhyuk hyung nodded slowly, as if he didn’t know whether or not to believe Sungie. He trudged back to sit on the couch in the room, burying his face in his hands. Before any of us knew it, Eunhyuk hyung was sobbing. I bit back a gasp.

“I screwed up so bad. What if Hae doesn’t forgive me? I can’t live without him,” Eunhyuk hyung said through choked sobs. Zhoumi, being the only non-newbie, went to comfort Eunhyuk hyung. I saw something flash in Henry’s eyes. Is that jealousy?

“He will, Hyuk. Donghae loves you so much. Can you imagine how hurt he was when he saw you with Hyoyeon like that? He still needs some time to cool down and get rid of the pain, alright? He’ll forgive you,” Zhoumi hyung assured him.

Eunhyuk hyung nodded, but he continued to cry. I just watched as Zhoumi hyung wrapped an arm around Eunhyuk hyung’s shoulder, and my eyes instinctively turned to focus on Henry. Henry looks pissed off. Is he really jealous? I don’t want to be mean to Eunhyuk hyung, but I’m pretty amused by Henry’s jealousy.

Sungie kept quiet, keeping a protective arm around my shoulder as we watched Eunhyuk hyung cry. Sungie would probably have gone to comfort Eunhyuk had it not been for me. I nudged Sungie lightly, catching his attention.

‘What?’ Sungie mouthed.

“Go to Eunhyuk hyung. I can handle myself,” I whispered. Sungie furrowed his brows and shook his head slightly. I love that Sungie’s protective of me, but I can’t keep relying on him like this.

“I’m going to stay here and bug you. You can’t even sit up on your own without help,” Sungie reminded me. I rolled my eyes, feeling my lips curve up into a smile. I saw Sungie glance in Eunhyuk hyung’s direction, deciding that Eunhyuk hyung wasn’t looking before he bent down to peck me on the lips in a chaste kiss.

We pulled apart barely seconds later, not wanting to rub salt onto Eunhyuk hyung’s wounds. Siwon and Kibum were looking at us accusingly while Henry’s eyes were still transfixed on Zhoumi hyung’s figure on the couch.

I heard the room door open and I looked up just in time to hear Donghae hyung gasp loudly.

Oh god.

 

----------------------------

 

—Nobody’s POV—

Donghae gasped as he saw Eunhyuk in the room crying, internally debating over what he should do: run away or stay and comfort Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk looked up when he heard a gasp, and he cried harder when his eyes met Donghae’s hurt ones.

Donghae froze in his steps, his eyes never leaving the shaking figure that was his boyfriend. Zhoumi told the others – Leeteuk, KyuMin, HanChul and Shindong – that Eunhyuk had been crying since over ten minutes before their entrance. Donghae’s eyes widened. He had never seen Eunhyuk cry more than once, and that was when Eunhyuk’s dad rejected their relationship. That had been over five years ago, and the couple were together almost 24/7 so there couldn’t have been a time where Eunhyuk cried without Donghae’s knowledge.

Leeteuk stepped forward then, deciding to interrogate Eunhyuk in Donghae’s presence. Donghae was still unaware that Eunhyuk had with Hyoyeon, but Leeteuk was going to tell him. Leeteuk felt that they should tell Donghae everything and let the latter decide if he wants to forgive Eunhyuk.

“Eunhyuk, do you remember what happened that night?” Leeteuk asked. Eunhyuk shook his head, still sobbing slightly. Donghae felt his heart wrench at his boyfriend’s pain, but he had been hurting for the past few days too so he was going to hold his ground.

“You made out with Hyoyeon, danced dirtily with her and Donghae slapped her before he ran away,” Leeteuk informed Eunhyuk, refreshing his memory. They had told Eunhyuk what happened, but he hadn’t believed them. Now, Eunhyuk looked at Donghae who nodded, biting his lower lip to keep the tears at bay.

“After Donghae left, Hyoyeon claimed that the two of you had ,” Leeteuk ended.

“…What?” Donghae asked in a small voice. The hurt was evident on his face, and the tears spilled over, streaming down his cheeks. Eunhyuk looked up at Leeteuk in shock, his eyes darting towards Donghae immediately. Eunhyuk felt his heart break into a million pieces when he saw the heartbroken look Donghae had. It was more than heartbroken. Donghae himself looked broken.

Heechul sighed, his heart aching for his dongsaengs as well. As snarky as he might seem, Heechul really cared about his dongsaengs and he wouldn’t ever want to see any of them get hurt. Hankyung, sensing his boyfriend’s sadness, pulled Heechul closer to himself.

After a few of moments of silence, which seemed like an eternity, Eunhyuk found his voice.

“Hae, baby, I didn’t…” Eunhyuk was cut off by Donghae who started to scream at him. Eunhyuk shrank back, knowing fully well that he deserved it. Eunhyuk may not have remembered what happened clearly, but he knew that he definitely had that night. It just felt good to him, and he had wanted relief so badly. The next day, he’d woken up in a hotel beside Hyoyeon, and he ran. He ran away from Hyoyeon and reality, and he didn’t want to face Donghae either.

A thought suddenly occurred to Eunhyuk. Had Hyoyeon drugged him?

Eunhyuk opened his mouth to tell the others about his theory, but he was slapped across the face by a familiar hand – a hand that used to caress his face tenderly every night before they slept, a hand that had been used to pleasure himself. Eunhyuk refused to believe that it was Donghae who had slapped him, but he looked up in time to see Donghae running out of the room.

Eunhyuk stayed there, his hand subconsciously moving up to rest on the area where Donghae had slapped him. Amazingly, he felt nothing even when he applied pressure on the area. In fact, his heart hurt way more than his cheek, and he couldn’t even find a way to get Donghae back anymore.

Outside, Donghae ran. He had never run so fast in his life before, not even when he had been in the basketball team back in high school. Donghae just ran and ran, not even knowing where he was headed. Unknowingly, Donghae made his way to the Han River where Eunhyuk had confessed to him slightly more than six years ago. The two had been childhood friends and of course they developed feelings for each other. Eunhyuk had been the courageous one, and Donghae just accepted his feelings. They moved in together in high school and their feelings for each other kept growing over the years.

 Now, Donghae had no idea what to do. Should he forgive Eunhyuk? Donghae cried, shouted, and curled up into a ball by the river, crying his eyes out. He had never been so hurt before, and he hadn’t expected Eunhyuk to be the one to cause him this pain. The last time Donghae had felt hurt remotely close to this was when his father died two years ago, but Eunhyuk had been there for him. Eunhyuk had always been there. But Donghae couldn’t go crawling back to the person who had hurt him and ask for comfort.

Sungmin ran, searching for his friend. Where had Donghae gone to? Sungmin had run out of the room to chase after Donghae since Eunhyuk obviously wasn’t going to do so, but he had lost sight of the boy along the way. Sungmin groaned in frustration, trying to locate anyone who looked like Donghae. He tried hard to think of where Donghae could have run to and turned towards the direction of the Han River. He knew that he would find Donghae there, for sure.

Sungmin slowed to a jog when he spotted a familiar head of brown hair and he slowly made his way over to Donghae. He tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to scare Donghae. Donghae was hurt badly and Sungmin could relate to that. He had experienced something similar when Kyuhyun got into an accident a few weeks ago.

Sungmin sat down beside Donghae and watched as his friend cried, his entire frame shaking violently. He had never once seen Donghae so fragile; so broken. Donghae was always the cheerful one, even when his dad died. Sungmin had known EunHae ever since middle school and Sungmin knew what Donghae had to go through, but he had stayed strong. Donghae breaking down like that made Sungmin feel like crying too, so he drew Donghae into a hug.

Donghae didn’t ask anything, continuing to cry into Sungmin's chest. Sungmin cried too, but he tried to keep his voice steady as he comforted Donghae, trying to calm him down.

Unnoticed, Sooyoung smirked and walked away from the Han River, already formulating another plan in her head.

Sungmin never wanted to see his friends like that ever again.

Little did he know, it would be his turn soon enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my god I finally have a chapter which isn't made up of dialogues! :D

I feel so bad for EunHae TT I didn't mean to make them suffer like this, especially Donghae, but it's Sooyoung's revenge and, hey, she's evil in here... ><

I don't know if the story's drifting away from YeWook, it seems like it is, but I'll try to get things back on track. The only problem is that Sooyoung's revenge doesn't actually involve YeWook so I can't focus on them much *sigh*

I hope you guys enjoyed this half-angsty and slightly-fluffy chappie and I'll try to let EunHae get back together quickly. They probably won't though D:

Well, I'll update again next week. Annyeong! ^^