Upset

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I walked hand-in-hand with Sungie, sitting down at our usual table. The others, strangely enough, weren’t there yet. Teukie umma was still in the hospital and hyung ditched school to accompany him – Teukie umma is probably murdering him as I think – but where are the others?

I sighed and faced Sungie who was playing a game on his phone. Is that Temple Run? Holy what is with his score?! I heard Youngwoon hyung telling me that Teukie umma’s high score is like 17,000,000 points or something, and Sungie’s already almost there!

“Sungie?” I called, trying to distract him.

“Hmm? Wookie, I’m busy here,” Sungie replied and continued to play.

“Sungie~,” I whined, grabbing onto his arm. “I’m hungry.”

Sungie paused his game and locked his phone, sliding it into his pocket and looking at me with a smile. He stood up and took my hand in his, bringing me to the queue. Ha! I win, you stupid game!

“Wookie, why the heck are you smiling to yourself like that?” Sungie asked me. I am? Oops.

“Nothing. I’m just happy to get food,” I lied. Sungie rolled his eyes, knowing that I was obviously lying. “Come on!” I exclaimed, pulling him as I moved forward.

“Yesung hyung and Ryeowook hyung! I haven’t seen you in some time, Yesung hyung! How’s life?” Sungyeol asked, grinning as he grabbed onto Myungsoo’s arm tightly.

“Fine, and getting better by the day,” Sungie replied as he smiled at me and ruffled my hair. I pouted and swatted his hand away, causing both Myungsoo and Sungyeol to laugh at us. “Oh yeah, you might want to loosen your grip on Myungsoo’s arm cause it looks like it lacks blood,” Sungie added. Hearing that, Sungyeol immediately took his hands off of Myungsoo’s arm and apologised to the younger male profusely.

“Just shut up and get our food, Yeollie,” Myungsoo told Sungyeol jokingly, handing an empty tray to his lover. Sungyeol grinned and nodded, putting all sorts of food onto the tray.

Sungie took some food for himself, and filled up the rest of the tray with food for me. I only knew that the food was for me since they were things that Sungie wouldn’t usually eat, and he isn’t the type to suddenly change his dietary habits.

We walked back to our table and sat down, beginning to eat without the others since they are nowhere to be found. As I was chewing on a piece of meat, I saw Kyuhyun walking into the cafeteria with Sungmin, both of their hands intertwined. I smiled at the sight.

“What?” Sungie asked with his mouth full. I just pointed to the couple and the sides of his lips curved up into a smile as well. “Well they progressed quickly. Kind of. I’m glad that they’re together after all that though,” Sungie said and I nodded.

“Where are the others? Apart from KangTeuk, of course,” Min hyung asked as he and Kyuhyun approached the table. I shrugged.

“They haven’t come yet. And why are you two so late?” I questioned, raising a brow.

“Kyu needed to catch up with some work and I was waiting for him,” Min hyung replied.

“So where are the others? Should we call them?” Kyuhyun asked. Sungie and I shook our heads instantly, and Min hyung did too. “Why?”

“You never know what HanChul are up to, and the same goes for EunHae. As for Zhoumi and Henry, and Siwon and Kibum, we’ll leave them alone. Shindong might be talking to Nari on the phone or having lunch with her. That doesn’t leave anyone,” Sungie explained. Kyuhyun just nodded and pulled Min hyung to the back of the queue.

Sungie and I ate our food in silence, both wanting to eat our food quickly. I do wonder where the others are, but I’m not willing to risk my innocence just to find out. No freaking way.

Sungie finished eating before me and fished his phone out of his pocket immediately, unlocking it and resuming his game of Temple Run. I could only sigh and shake my head while eating. Sungie has to stop being so addicted to the damn game.

KyuMin returned to the table with their food and sat down, both of them raising a brow at Sungie. Obviously, my beloved boyfriend who is so obsessed with Temple Run didn’t notice them.

“What’s with him?” Min hyung finally asked after realising that Sungie wasn’t going to respond to them anytime soon. I sighed and shook my head for the nth time.

“He’s addicted to Temple Run.”

“No kidding. What’s his score?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to look at Sungie’s phone but he failed to since the table was blocking him. I sneaked a glance at the phone and widened my eyes. He beat Teukie umma’s score.

“His score’s at eighteen million,” I said, trying to be nonchalant about it. Min hyung who was sipping on his glass of orange juice nearly did a spit take, but he held it in and ended up choking on the fruit juice. Kyuhyun patted his back to stop the coughing and when Min hyung finally composed himself, he looked at me.

“He beat Teukie umma’s high score?! How?!” Min hyung shrieked. I winced at the high-pitched sound, not knowing how to reply.

“He just did. Just eat,” I told them, wanting to end the conversation. The couple nodded and did as told, beginning to put spoonful after spoonful of rice into their mouths. Meanwhile, I continued watching Sungie play the stupid game, only looking up when I heard KyuMin stand up.

I glanced at the clock and nearly died choking. I’m going to be late! My next class is all the way at the other end of the school.

“Wookie, you ok?” Sungie asked, patting my back and looking at me with concerned eyes. I nodded and saw the screen of his phone from the corner of my eye, beginning to cough even more. Sungie followed my gaze and widened his eyes.

“NO!!!”

 

-----------------------------------

 

I skipped out of class with a box of freshly baked cookies in hand. We pretty much only baked today, but I already shared the rest of the pastries that I’d baked with everyone else. We’d been baking in pairs, and the class was pretty small, so everyone just shared everything with each other.

I headed into the canteen and smiled as I spotted Sungie sitting with Kyuhyun, both of them doing their own thing. I was walking towards them, not watching where I was going, when somebody banged into me. My box of cookies was knocked out of my hand and the lid flew off, causing my cookies to be scattered all over the floor.

“Omo! I’m so sorry! Let me pick that up for you,” the person who knocked into me apologised began picking the cookies up and putting them inside the box.

I glared at the person and felt tears stinging my eyes. My cookies… What am I supposed to do with them? I sighed and blinked the tears away, willing myself not to cry over spilt milk, or in this case, cookies.

“Here. I am so sor- Ryeowook hyung?” the person said in confusion. I eyed him up and down, not quite remembering who he was.

“And you are…?” I asked after moments of trying to figure out who this person was.

“I’m Joonmyun! Don’t you remember me, hyung? I was in the freshman year of high school with you before I transferred,” the boy told me. Joonmyun? Oh, that kid!

“Long time no see! You’ve grown so much!” I exclaimed and drew Joonmyun into a hug, momentarily forgetting about my wasted cookies.

“It’s nice to see you again, Ryeowook hyung. But your cookies…” Joonmyun handed the box of cookies to me and I took it from him with a small smile, shaking my head.

“It’s nothing. What class are you in?” I asked.

“Class 1-3. Well I have to go find Yixing. Do you remember him?” Joonmyun asked. I smiled and nodded, remembering him as Joonmyun’s boyfriend. “I’m already late. I’ll see you another time!” Joonmyun exclaimed before running off while waving to me. I waved back and as soon as Joonmyun was out of sight, I looked down at the box of cookies and walked to Sungie and Kyuhyun, feeling depressed about the wastage.

I sat down beside Sungie and sagged against him, setting the box down on the table with a pout on my face. Sungie turned to me and raised a brow, and I just pointed at the box to show what I was so upset about. Sungie took the box and looked at its contents.

“What happened?” Sungie asked me. Kyuhyun looked up from his laptop and watched me intently as well. I sighed and told them about how somebody knocked into me and made me drop the cookies. Sungie questioned why I didn’t demand compensation, so I added the part where the person who knocked into me happened to be an old friend.

Slowly, the others came into the cafeteria and I just sulked. Sungie decided to eat the cookies to cheer me up, not caring about the fact that they’d been dropped on the floor.

Heechul hyung walked over with Hankyung hyung and his eyes lit up upon seeing the cookies. His hand immediately reached out for them and grabbed a cookie before shoving it into his mouth.

“Heechul hyung, wait!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, but it was too late.

“What?” Heechul hyung asked with his mouth full.

“Forget it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did the title of the chapter kinda troll you guys? I had no idea what to name this and since both Jongwoon and Wookie got upset over something, might as well... I have no idea what happened in this chapter cause I was just trying to end it before it got too lengthy and out of topic. XP

Well the good news is... THERE WILL BE A DOUBLE UPDATE! Yesh, courtesy of the fact that it is my bday ^^ So look forward to it alright? :)

I think the next chapter will still be slightly fluffy-ish, nothing big happening yet. It shall be the calm before the storm.

See ya guys later and hope you enjoyed this awkward chappie~! Annyeong! ^^