Answers

You're Mine

 

(Continued)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I watched as Heechul hyung ate cookie after cookie, commenting on how delicious they were. Seeing how happy he was eating the cookies, I decided not to tell him about how the cookies had been dropped. Shindong hyung had joined him in his feast and it was all I could do to shut up.

When they were finally finished with the cookies, everyone was already in the cafeteria.

Min hyung stood up and looked at everybody who was absent during break. That was, well, everyone except me, Sungie, Kyuhyun and himself.

“Where were you guys during break?” Min hyung demanded. Hankyung hyung’s face flushed a deep shade of red and Heechul hyung just smirked. “Ok, I already know what HanChul were up to. What about the others? You guys better give me the answers that I want to hear, and obviously that would be the truth.”

“Mimi gege and I were discussing something,” Henry decided to answer Min hyung first. It was Zhoumi hyung’s turn to blush and I could guess what they had been discussing. Henry seems to be unbothered by it though.

“Really? How’s it going, Zhoumi?” Min hyung asked, winking at Zhoumi hyung.

“F-fine. We’ve made excellent progress,” Zhoumi hyung stuttered, blushing even more than before. He just decided to hide his face behind Henry and the latter simply allowed him to.

“Hae and I were having our lunch in class. We brought food today,” Eunhyuk hyung said nervously. Lunch? Honestly, hyungs? I can so obviously see through this lousy lie. Donghae hyung is burning up! It is so easy to tell that you’re lying!

“I’m not stupid, but for the innocence of the others, I’ll let this go. How about Shindong hyung?” Min hyung asked. Shindong hyung grinned brightly upon remembering what he did during break.

“I was having a really short picnic with Nari,” Shindong hyung told us, his grin still plastered onto his face. Min hyung smiled and nodded.

“Good for you, hyung. What about Siwon and Kibum?” Min hyung questioned, raising his brow.

“Well, we were discussing something too. We can’t tell you what it was about, but you probably know,” Kibum admitted, shrugging. Min hyung nodded and put his hands together satisfactorily.

“Good! I’m glad that MOST of you told me the truth and I’ll relay this to Teukie umma later,” Min hyung emphasised on the word while glaring at EunHae who gulped nervously. “We already know who didn’t tell me the truth and Teukie umma will deal with you guys once he’s fit enough to.”

We stayed in the canteen and got more food, chatting about what’s been going on before we decided to head home. I decided to pay a visit to Sungie’s place since I haven’t been there in forever and I wanted to play with Kkoming. A guy’s got to get over his fears.

The bus arrived and I headed to the back with Sungie, leaning against him as he sat down. Sungie wrapped an arm around my shoulder and looked down at me.

“Are you still upset about your cookies?” Sungie asked softly. I shook my head.

“I’m tired. Let me sleep,” I told Sungie. I felt him nod and I closed my eyes, allowing myself to take a short nap. Sungie would probably wake me up when we reach our stop.

 

----------------------------------

 

“Wookie, wake up.”

I stretched slightly and rubbed my eyes, grabbing my schoolbag and alighting from the bus, Sungie following behind me. We waited patiently for the lift to come and went upstairs.

“Come in,” Sungie told me, holding his house door open for me. Kkoming came running towards us even before we stepped into the house and I carried her into the house. After the first encounter with her, I made up my mind to get over my fear of dogs. Besides, Kkoming isn’t really scary. She’s just hyperactive, that’s all.

“Jongjin-ah, are you home?” Sungie called out.

“Ne!”

“Wookie’s here!” Sungie added.

“Arasso!”

Sungie chuckled and shook his head. “And hello to you too, Kkoming,” Sungie said and pecked Kkoming on the head. Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me to his room.

We ended up wasting our time away by watching random videos and we laughed so hard that we cried. After that, we began a mini karaoke session which Jongjin wasn’t too pleased about since his room was right beside Sungie’s.

When we were done singing, I decided to whip up something simple. I was hungry, and it wouldn’t hurt to fry an omelette or two. Sungie sat down at the couch, watching me cook while playing with his turtles.

I finished frying the omelettes and put them on plates, getting two glasses of milk and bringing everything to the coffee table, plopping down onto the couch beside Sungie.

“Thanks Wookie!” Sungie exclaimed and pecked me on the cheek. I smiled and cut a small piece of omelette, putting it in front of Sungie’s mouth. He gladly let me feed him, and he fed me afterwards.

We ate the omelettes and downed the milk, sitting beside each other in silence and just enjoying the moment. We then turned the TV on and began watching some random talent shows and I ended up falling asleep.

It was already pretty late by the time I woke up, and I turned to my left to find Sungie asleep as well. A small smile crept onto my face and I pecked the tip of his nose, lying on his chest. I couldn’t tell whether or not Sungie was asleep, but his arms wrapped around my body protectively and I melted into his embrace.

I lay in the same position for a half hour before I felt that I should get home.

“Sungie. Wake up,” I whispered, trying to squirm out of his arms. When he refused to budge, I just sighed and tried again. “Yah.”

Sungie used one hand to point to his lips while keeping his eyes closed, causing my cheeks to burn in embarrassment. I had a small smile on my face as I kissed Sungie softly, but it seemed that he had other plans. He nibbled on my lower lip and I parted my lips for him. He immediately slipped his tongue into my mouth and began exploring it.

We broke apart when we were breathless and I looked at Sungie who had a victorious smirk on his face. I smacked his chest with a pout on my face, and Sungie just laughed at me.

“Why’d you wake me up?” Sungie asked.

“I have to get home and cook dinner,” I reminded him dryly. Sungie sighed and nodded, getting up to open the door for me. He opened the door and I hugged him before heading home. My house was beside his anyway.

“Miss me!” Sungie yelled. I chuckled and nodded.

“I will!”

I opened the door to my house and walked in, throwing my bag down on the floor and throwing my body onto the couch. Youngwoon hyung emerged from his room and looked at me with an accusatory glare. Did I do something wrong?

“Ne, hyung?” I asked curiously.

“Ryeowook, I know that Taeyeon was forced to kiss Teukie. You know that too, right?” Youngwoon hyung asked calmly. I nodded slowly, not knowing where this conversation was headed.

“Wait; let me interrupt for a moment. Shouldn’t you be in the hospital with Teukie umma?” I questioned. Youngwoon hyung raised a brow and shook his head.

“Visiting hours are over.”

“Ah, right. You may continue,” I replied.

“I know that Taeyeon spoke with you when Teukie was first hospitalised,” Youngwoon hyung started.

“How’d you know?”

“I asked around, ok? Sungmin doesn’t lie,” hyung admitted. I nodded in understanding and focused my attention back to the matter at hand.

“So? She spoke to me, yes, and what about it?” I asked suspiciously.

“What did Taeyeon tell you?”

“She was forced into it. Sooyoung forced her, but I won’t tell you how,” I answered.

“And there’s the problem right there. I need honest answers, Ryeowook. What is your relationship with Sooyoung and why do you seem to be so intimidated by her?” hyung demanded.

I gulped. This is not good.

 

-------------------------------------

 

—Nobody’s POV—

Sooyoung walked to the park where she had requested to meet her unni. The elder female hadn’t given her a prompt reply as was expected, obviously not taking Sooyoung’s threats seriously. Sooyoung’s lips curved up into a smirk as she spotted the familiar figure walking towards her.

“Sooyoung, how could you?! My appa and umma both lost their jobs and I know that you’re behind this,” the elder told Sooyoung. Sooyoung just kept the smirk on her face.

“Unni, I can do much worse. I know how much Soyeon wants to get into our school, and I can make that completely impossible unless you accede to my request,” Sooyoung shot back. She smiled when she saw her unni hesitate, and she just kept going on.

“You know your precious home? The one that you’re currently living in, of course,” Sooyoung asked. The other girl nodded, not quite knowing what Sooyoung was hinting at.

“Of course I do. What about it?” the girl asked, her voice slightly quivering.

“I can burn it down. All you have to do is say no, and your precious home will be gone,” Sooyoung finished her sentence. Her unni felt a lump in as tears welled up in her eyes. She sniffled and nodded, barely noticeable, but Sooyoung saw it anyway.

“Sooyoung, you… They’re both my good friends! How could you expect me to do this to them?!” the girl shrieked. Sooyoung just shrugged.

“I don’t care. Just do it, or else your home will be gone. I’ll get your parents’ jobs back, so don’t worry about it,” Sooyoung added and waved to her unni before getting into her car and heading home, leaving her unni behind.

“I’m sorry, oppas, but I have to do this. I didn’t have a choice.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whee second update of the day~! It feels good doing double updates :D

So can you guys guess what's next? The calm before the storm ends here, and the storm will begin! Lol ok I'm just being lame :P But srsly, what will Wookie answer and which unni has Sooyoung threatened? Can you guess?

I'll update again sometime next wk ok so look forward to it~! Annyeong! ^^