Ready or Not?

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

All of us had left the hospital once visiting hours ended. Donghae had been awake at around 10pm, and naturally everyone had questions for him. He took the questions relatively well, not seeming too stressed about anything.

Thankfully, the questions ended in fifteen minutes. Donghae had been glad as well, and we gave him some food before leaving at 10.45pm. Since Donghae couldn’t be discharged yet, he had to skip school yet again. He told us to tell Eunhyuk to look him up, so we were planning to tell Eunhyuk after school.

I began my morning routine of brushing my teeth, Wookie standing beside me and rinsing his face. He grinned at me victoriously, happy that he managed to wash up faster than me. He quickly skipped out of the toilet and began to prepare breakfast.

I gurgled and spat into the sink, chuckling at how childish Wookie could be sometimes. After washing my face, I went to join Wookie in the kitchen. He was making some kind of Chinese noodles today, it seemed. There were dumplings by the side too, something that Wookie had miraculously made in the five minutes that he was out here.

“What’s that?” I asked, pointing to a small plate of dried food.

“Oh, that? Dried anchovies,” Wookie replied, throwing the noodles into the boiling water. I watched with interest as he threw in pepper, salt and soya sauce. He threw in some other stuff too, but I have no idea what those were.

I glanced at the clock and decided to wake my family members up first. I headed to appa and umma’s room, knocking on their door lightly. I knew that they would be awake by now. I merely informed them that breakfast was almost ready.

I then walked to Jongjin’s room and sighed. I knew that Jongjin would kill me if I pranked him again today, so I just decided to wake him up normally – as normally as possible, anyway.

I stared blankly at a snoring Jongjin and shook him violently. He groaned and attempted to swat my hands away before turning to face the wall again. I kicked his and Jongjin just scratched his . I whacked him multiple times on the arm, but I got no reaction. I rolled my eyes and bent down to Jongjin’s level, moving so that I was breathing on Jongjin’s ear.

“Jongjin-ah~,” I called. Jongjin wiggled around uncomfortably, obviously feeling ticklish. I already knew that Jongjin’s ears were sensitive. I continued calling him a few more times and he finally woke up, albeit very annoyed.

“Ok, I’m awake. Sheesh,” Jongjin complained, throwing the blankets off and stomping off into the toilet. Well somebody’s in a bad mood. I shrugged to myself and walked back to the kitchen.

I slid back into my seat and grinned as the aroma of the noodles wafted into my nostrils. Wookie is an amazing chef, and his voice is perfect too. What can’t my boyfriend do? Wookie finished setting the table and sat beside me, pecking my on the cheek as he did so.

“We’re visiting Donghae hyung today, right? After we tell Eunhyuk hyung?” Wookie asked. I smiled and nodded, greeting my parents as they entered the kitchen.

The surprise on my parent’s faces was hard not to laugh at. They stared at the noodles in awe and breathed it in, clearly not expecting Chinese cuisine for breakfast. Since Jongjin was always waking up late, I would usually prepare breakfast. Everyone knew that my cooking wasn’t all that great, so my parents have never had the luxury of enjoying Chinese food for breakfast.

“Ryeowook, you made this?” umma asked, barely containing her amazement. Wookie looked worried for a moment as he nodded unsurely. “It looks delicious!”

Appa and umma took their seats at the table and we waited patiently for Jongjin. He really did take a little too long to wash up at times, and today was one of those days. By the time Jongjin walked into the kitchen ten minutes later, our noodles had cooled down.

“Ryeowook hyung, you made Chinese noodles? Cool,” Jongjin said. We dug in and damn, it tasted wonderful. Wookie was blushing from all the praise that my parents were giving him. We managed to finish the noodles in a short ten minutes, and appa began his daily routine of reading the papers.

Wookie and I were about to start washing the dishes when umma walked in, telling us to get ready for school, and that she could handle the dishes. We thanked her and quickly retreated into my room to change.

 

-------------------------

 

Twenty minutes later, Wookie, Jongjin and I were downstairs, at the bus stop. Kangin happened to walk past us and he shot Wookie a disgusted look. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at Kangin’s immature behaviour, squeezing Wookie’s hand in reassurance. I knew that he would feel horrible whenever he saw Kangin.

The bus arrived and we got on. Jongjin fell asleep halfway through the ride, right about when Sungmin and Kyuhyun got on the bus. I waved at them and turned back to look at Wookie. He was staring at a score sheet for ‘One Fine Spring Day’. After a few moments, he nudged me and handed the score sheet to me.

“I did this for my project. It’s rearranged, kind of, since I changed the beat a little. Instead of piano accompaniment, this version is accompanied by a guitar. Myungsoo helped. I’ll let you listen to it and tell me if it’s alright. And Sungie, would you mind helping me check for any mistakes?” Wookie asked. I smiled and nodded, taking his iPod from him. I listened to it as I checked it against the score.

As I was listening, Wookie looked over at Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, did you finish that project?” he asked. I glanced up and looked back down at the score sheet, trying to pay attention to their conversation and the song at the same time.

I could almost imagine Kyuhyun’s eyes widen when he asked, “What project?”

Wookie would probably deadpan. “The one that’s due today. I told you about it the day after you woke up! We had to compose either a solo or duet, or rearrange a solo and record it. You forgot, didn’t you?” Wookie asked knowingly.

“Oh . Do you think the old hag will give me extra time?” Kyuhyun asked. I put the song on pause and lifted my gaze to be met by a panicky Kyuhyun. Wookie shook his head and Sungmin snickered at his boyfriend.

“Kyu, you . Do you happen to have ‘7 Years of Love’ in your phone?” Min asked. Kyuhyun fished his phone out and scrolled through his files, visibly heaving a sigh of relief. I guess he has it in his phone after all. “Just transfer that into a thumb drive. I can’t help you finish a score in a half hour, so you’ll be penalised for that. You should still be able to get relatively high marks though,” Sungmin assured. Kyuhyun nodded and took his laptop out quickly, already turning it on to transfer the song.

The bus arrived at our stop just as I finished listening to the rearranged version of ‘One Fine Spring Day’. As I handed his iPod back to him, Wookie looked at me nervously. “So? How was it?”

I pretended to be in deep thought. “It was nice, but…” I trailed off. Wookie widened his eyes and stared at me, stopping dead in his tracks.

“But what?”

“I prefer the original version,” I replied and grinned as I walked off, beginning to sprint when Wookie started to chase me all the way to school. I ran past Zhoumi and Henry who just looked at me in plain amusement.

“You troll!” Wookie screeched. I just laughed, feeling more carefree than I had in a long time.

Wookie managed to catch up and wrapped his arms around me, burying his face into my back. A smile made its way to my face as I turned around. Wookie looked up at me and smiled as well, although his face was slightly red from the running.

“You’re so mean, you know that?” Wookie questioned. I nodded, my smile widening when Wookie tiptoed to peck me on the lips. “But I love you anyway.”

“You know I love you too. Come on; let’s get away from Zhoumi and Henry. They must be laughing their asses off at the sight of me running away from you,” I joked, taking Wookie’s hand and leading him into the cafeteria quickly.

“Oh, and by the way, the song was really good,” I said sincerely. “But I honestly do prefer the original. It’s too bad that you had to rearrange it. Why did you rearrange it anyway? Mrs. Im wouldn’t have known that the original version was sung by you during camp,” I told him. Wookie shrugged.

“I just felt like I should rearrange it. Do you think I can ace this project?” Wookie asked.

“Definitely. Tell me if you don’t so that I can kick Mrs. Im’s sorry ,” I promised. Wookie laughed and leaned against me, sighing contentedly.

“Thanks, Sungie,” Wookie said. I knew that he wasn’t just thanking me for being so confident in his ability to ace the project. He was thanking me for accepting him for who he is and was.

“You’re welcome.”

 

-------------------------

 

The bell signalling the end of school rung and I cheered in my mind. The past two hours had been so boring since I didn’t need to attend my music minor on Thursdays. Kyuhyun had been so engrossed in playing whatever game it was that he enjoyed so much, leaving no time for conversation. I had spent the past two hours sleeping and staring at my phone blankly.

Students slowly began to file into the cafeteria, and among them were Wookie and Woohyun. The two were talking about something that seemed serious, but then Wookie laughed and I just shook my head disapprovingly. Still, the corners of my lips curved up into a smile.

Wookie spotted me then, and he waved to me excitedly. He held a box of what could only be food. He probably made that during his cooking lesson. He bid farewell to Woohyun and made a beeline towards our table. He managed to slow down enough to slide into the space beside me.

“Sungie! Do you want to try this mango pudding?” Wookie asked. I grinned and nodded, and Wookie lifted the lid of the box quickly. He almost literally shoved a spoon into my face and I took it from him calmly.

While I ate and commented on the pudding, I could feel Kyuhyun burning holes into my head. Did he want the pudding? He only had to say so, and I would gladly let him have some. Wookie was explaining how difficult it had been to make pudding and all the culinary terms just lost me, so I merely nodded and smiled as he spoke.

The others came and sat at the table at some point in time, and Heechul snatched my pudding away from me. My pudding! Damn you, Kim Heechul. May you burn in hell. Thankfully, Wookie had saved some for us to share. He said that we could take it from the kitchen where Wookie had his classes after we settled the problem with Eunhyuk.

“But Donghae…” I started. Wookie sighed and nodded, knowing what I wanted to say. Donghae felt safer around us than with the others. We didn’t pressurise him into answering any questions, and we told him the truth. Sungmin didn’t lie either, but all of the others seemed to hide things from Donghae and he didn’t like it.

When Heechul finished my mango pudding, I leaned in to whisper to Wookie. “Should we bring the mango pudding for Hae?” Wookie stared at me for a moment before nodding, barely hesitating. We ran to the kitchen and were back within five minutes. By then, the rest of them had already begun to talk about how we should approach Eunhyuk. In fact, they had already finalised the plan.

“I’ll let him hear the recording now,” Shindong decided, taking Kyuhyun’s laptop – the latter refused to but was threatened by Sungmin – and headed towards a depressed Eunhyuk with Zhoumi. There would be some of us who would go to the hospital first, and that would be Wookie, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and me. Kibum was going too, but only to drive us.

The ride to the hospital was long and boring. We barely spoke to each other during the thirty-minute drive. There just didn’t seem to be anything to talk about besides Donghae. When we arrived at the hospital, I almost thanked God.

We went to Donghae’s room and he was already awake, looking at something on his phone while sipping on water. He grinned when he saw us and put the phone down. Wookie immediately took the pudding out from his bag and passed it to Donghae.

“For me?” Donghae asked delightedly, his eyes twinkling. Wookie nodded with a smile and Donghae began to stuff the pudding into his mouth right away. Kyuhyun gaped at Wookie, shooting him an accusing look. Wookie merely shrugged and grinned cheekily at Kyuhyun.

“Hae, Hyuk is going to come here later on. I want you to be calm, alright?” Sungmin asked. Donghae stiffened and stopped eating. He nodded slowly.

“I don’t know if I can though,” Donghae admitted with a sigh.

“Just try not to freak,” I advised. Donghae nodded again and continued eating his pudding. He probably didn’t want to overthink things. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and dug it out, opening the text that I just received. My eyes widened and I showed the message to Wookie.

‘Eunhyuk’s probably going to reach in five minutes. He took Hankyung’s car. I swear Hankyung brings his car on random days. Be ready and tell Hae.

-Leeteuk’

Wookie cleared his throat. “They said that Eunhyuk hyung will be here in a few minutes,” Wookie announced. Donghae dropped the spoon to the floor and the sound of metal hitting concrete was loud in the quiet room.

The silence filled the entire room. Nobody spoke for a minute or two. “Hyukkie is coming?” Donghae asked softly. We nodded at him and he gulped. “I don’t know if I’m ready to face him just yet.”

It seemed that Leeteuk’s estimation was off, because Eunhyuk burst into the room right after Donghae spoke. Eunhyuk was panting heavily and he stared right into Donghae’s eyes. I exchanged looks with Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and Wookie.

Before Donghae and Eunhyuk said anything, the four of us were already out of the room.

“I hope they can solve things on their own.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm focusing more on YeWook interactions now and to be honest, I think they're adorable :D (don't mind me, praising my own fic)

Ok so some EunHae drama's gonna go down and of course their problem will end in the next chapter, so to all the EunHae shippers out their I'm so sorry for dragging this for so long ><

I'm not quite sure what's gonna happen after their problem but I have a rough idea, I guess :)

Look forward to the next chapter! Annyeong! ^^