Realisation

You're Mine

(A day later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I sang as I made some porridge for Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun. School had ended not too long ago and the moment I arrived home, I already began to make the fish porridge. Sungie was standing behind me, back hugging me tightly while looking over my shoulder.

To be completely honest, I hadn’t expected Sungmin hyung to come around so quickly. He had gone from staring at the wall to talking and laughing and that was all because of Kyuhyun. I know he said that I had a role to play as well, but I know that Kyuhyun was the main reason. Despite how Sungmin hyung reacted to Kyuhyun two days ago, I know that somewhere deep down, Sungmin hyung wanted Kyuhyun back too.

I sighed, putting the ladle in the pot and going to sit down. I wonder why on earth this was happening to the two of them, because god knew they didn’t deserve it. I kept trying not to blame myself for anything, but it was kind of hard to when there was a constant reminder that all of this was my fault. In fact, Sooyoung had turned up at the hospital and asked me about Kyuhyun and Sungmin hyung. The victorious smirk on her face was so annoying, I almost slapped her.

I felt Sungie let go of my waist and sit down beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me to him. “What’s wrong? Are you blaming yourself again?” Sungie asked accusingly, and I nodded in response. “Why? Kyuhyun and Min are back on track, even if Kyuhyun doesn’t remember anything,” Sungie reminded me.

“I know. But seeing Sooyoung yesterday kind of reminded me of all the that’s been happening,” I replied, puffing my cheeks up in annoyance. While I didn’t like to see my friends hurt, I knew that they hated seeing me blame myself. That applied for Sungie the most, and that’s the main reason why I always tried not to blame myself anymore.

Sungie grunted. “That is seriously the most annoying person on Earth, I swear.”

Sighing again, I nodded in agreement. Sooyoung was seriously getting on my nerves, and as much as I hated to admit it, I was disappointed in her. I still treated her as a sort of friend, yet she treated me so hostilely. I never expected her to have been so hung up about our breakup.

We sat in silence for the next few minutes, simply enjoying each other’s presence. This would make me sound horrible, but I was actually a little happy that Sooyoung wasn’t targeting me directly. At the very least, I would be able to stay with Sungie. I felt horribly guilty for thinking that way, but it was the truth.

When my porridge boiled, I went to turn the stove off and immediately transferred everything into a container. Sungie was off with his pets, claiming that he would be of no help to me. That was pretty true, so I just let him go and play with his pets.

By the time I was done, it was already 3.30pm. We still had homework and school, so we couldn’t stay for too long. The journey to the hospital would already take quite some time, so I quickly picked my bag up and headed outside to Sungie.

I bent down and put my arms around Sungie’s neck, sharing a short kiss with him as he turned to face me. “You’re ready?” he asked, already getting up and patting the three animals. I nodded and Sungie went to get his bag as well, returning barely a half minute later.

“Jongjin-ah, we’ll be back after dinner!”

There was a really faint reply but we heard it anyway, and we left for the hospital.

 

--------------------

 

Upon walking into Kyuhyun’s room, we noticed that there was something, or rather someone, missing. Kyuhyun wasn’t anywhere to be seen, but Seohyun had informed us that he was with Sungmin hyung. After thanking her, we went to look for Sungmin hyung.

Again, there was someone missing. Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun both weren’t in Sungmin hyung’s room. While I was happy that they were out somewhere, getting to know each other more, I couldn’t help but question their sanity.

“Does it make sense for two sick people to be out by themselves?” I questioned, looking at Teukie umma with a raised brow. He merely shrugged and I set the container down on the table, finding a clean spot on the floor to sit down.

“I told him that, but he said they’d be fine. Heechul had to add in the fact that if either of them faints, the hospital personnel will help them,” Youngwoon hyung rolled his eyes at Heechul hyung who returned the gesture. It was a little hard to believe that they were older than me by more than two years, but I guess that’s what made my hyungs fun.

“If anything goes wrong, we’ll blame you two,” Sungie stated matter-of-factly.

“Fine by me,” Heechul hyung replied. Hankyung hyung sighed, shaking his head disapprovingly but did nothing otherwise. I doubt he’d want to get Heechul hyung angry, anyway. We stayed in silence for the next few moments, until someone suddenly walked into the room.

All of us turned to look at whoever came in, only to see that it was Seohyun with some guy. Wait. Seohyun and a guy? And, hey, that guy looks familiar! Is he a schoolmate? Could he possibly be…? My gaze travelled down to spot their interlaced fingers. Bingo.

Heechul hyung and Sungie seemed to be able to recognise the guy, both jumping up and pointing at him simultaneously. “Jung Yonghwa!”

Yonghwa seemed to recognise the two of them as well, looking at them in surprise. “Heechul hyung? Yesung hyung? What’re you doing here?” Yonghwa asked. That’s right! This guy was in Sungie’s group for the treasure hunt during orientation, and Heechul hyung was in charge of his class.

“We should be asking you that. Don’t tell me you’re Seohyun’s fiancé,” Heechul hyung joked. When Yonghwa merely stared at him blankly before nodding, Heechul hyung’s eyes widened in shock. “Are you kidding me?”

Yonghwa and Seohyun walked towards us, sitting down and holding up their interlaced hands. They both had similar rings on their middle fingers, meaning that they were engaged. Wow, I wonder what Kyuhyun will think when he sees this. I hope he won’t go ballistic again and forget about Sungmin hyung’s existence.

“We’re serious. We’ve been engaged for four years now. I thought about letting Kyu oppa know, but I think now still isn’t the right time. Who knows what he would do to Yonghwa oppa?” Seohyun said, seeming slightly afraid of the prospects. I could empathise with her. She did love Yonghwa, after all, and wouldn’t want him to get hurt. But I could see some cuts on Yonghwa’s face. I wonder where he got those from, because they don’t look accidental.

“If you don’t mind me asking, Yonghwa-sshi, how did you get injured?” I asked, genuinely curious about what happened to him. It was then that both Yonghwa and Seohyun became nervous, and I suddenly became suspicious. What had happened to Yonghwa? It must have been something serious, if both of them were suddenly getting all nervous over this.

“I fell,” Yonghwa replied, his voice sounding a little shaky. This only served to make me even more suspicious, but I couldn’t ask anymore as Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun returned to the room. Seohyun and Yonghwa immediately let their hands go, and Kyuhyun eyed Yonghwa weirdly.

“Minnie, do you know him?”

Sungmin hyung frowned, shaking his head. “Who are you?”

Yonghwa stood up, smiling at Kyuhyun. “You don’t remember me? We’re in the same higher music class,” Yonghwa said. I suddenly remembered that, yes, Yonghwa was indeed in our higher music class. How could I have forgotten? No wonder he was so familiar.

Kyuhyun smiled apologetically at Yonghwa. “Ah, sorry. I lost my memory,” he explained.

Yonghwa nodded. “I heard. Well, I’d better be going now,” Yonghwa told us, already turning to leave the room. I narrowed my eyes at both him and Seohyun, getting up from my position on the floor.

“I’ll send you out!” I offered, not bothering to wait for a reply as I immediately followed after him.

 

----------------------

 

I caught up to Yonghwa, who seemed to be trying to get away from me. I wouldn’t have any of it though. I ran up and held his hand in a tight grip, preventing him from walking any further. He tried to pull his arm from my grip, but I only held onto his wrist even tighter than before.

“Jung Yonghwa, right? I know you didn’t get those from a fall,” I said, turning him around to face me. Yonghwa seemed to be terrified of something, which made me wonder who did this to him. I had a guess, but then that would mean that Seohyun’s involved as well. “Tell me what happened.”

I didn’t fail to notice how Yonghwa flinched when I tightened my grip, so I knew that his wrist was injured as well. Yonghwa seemed to be in a dilemma, and I could understand why instantly. I know who did this to him – Sooyoung. Just the thought of it made my blood boil, and I subconsciously tightened my grip on Yonghwa’s wrist. I let go when I heard him yelp, apologising right away.

“Was it Sooyoung?” I asked knowingly. Yonghwa’s eyes widened in shock for a fraction of a second, and then he shook his head furiously. I knew it. Sooyoung was behind all of this. But then… that meant that she made use of Seohyun. And that also meant that Seohyun was a part of her group.

“I know it’s her. What did she do? What did she make Seohyun do?” I demanded. Yonghwa eyed me unsurely, debating whether or not to tell me the truth. If he did, it was very likely that Sooyoung would do something to him and Seohyun again. But if he didn’t, I wouldn’t be able to help him.

After what seemed like forever, Yonghwa took a deep breath to calm himself down.

“She kidnapped me.”

I blinked at Yonghwa, dumbfounded, as if I couldn’t understand what he just said. Sooyoung kidnapped him? Didn’t she kidnap Taeyeon’s parents, too? Now she’s resorting to kidnapping people of our age, from our school, too? That’s going too far, even for her standards. I clenched my fists angrily and kept my gaze on the ground.

“And?”

Yonghwa gulped audibly. “S-she got Joohyun to run Kyuhyun over.”

My head snapped up. “What?!”

I was beyond furious now. How dare she? I don’t care if she targets me, and to be honest I was still somewhat fine if she tried to break my friends’ relationships up, because things always worked in our favour. But to run my friend over was too much, especially when she used his ex-girlfriend to do her dirty work. I stormed off, away from Yonghwa, and to the park nearby the hospital.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I dialled Sooyoung’s number. There was a click before Sooyoung’s voice sounded through the speaker. “What do you want?”

I grit my teeth. “You got Seohyun to run Kyuhyun over?”

I could almost picture Sooyoung’s smirk as she replied, “What about it?”

“Meet me at the park near the hospital. I need to speak to you.”

Sooyoung didn’t even hesitate. She immediately acceded to my request and hung up promptly. I spent the next few moments staring at my phone, already beginning to regret my decision. What the hell had I been thinking? Did I honestly just ask to meet Sooyoung again, after what happened the last time I did that?

Sighing, I went to find a bench to sit down at. It didn’t take long before I spotted a black limo pull up by the park, and Sooyoung got out of the limo. My throat went dry as she started towards me.

Well, here goes nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

What is this even? ._.

Well, now Wookie knows too. I mean he already knew that Sooyoung was the one who ran Kyu over, but he didn't know how she did it. Eh, I don't even know anything anymore XD

I hope you guys enjoyed this and look forward to the next chappie! Ok, I'm gonna have camp from Thursday to Sunday so I might update on Monday instead of the weekend. Hope that's fine with you guys :)

I'll see you next week then! Annyeong~! ^-^