Striking Again

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I woke up with my feeling even more pain than yesterday and I could only sigh. This was the price that everyone pays for getting amazing , huh? I guess I can accept this.

I turned around and the corners of my lips curved up when I saw that Sungie was still sleeping peacefully. After all, it was Saturday and who wouldn’t want to sleep in? It was already getting late though, so I decided to wake Sungie up to shower together.

I shook my boyfriend lightly and frowned when he didn’t respond. “Sungie~,” I sang softly, hoping that he would wake up this time. He continued sleeping, so I decided to give him a wake-up kiss. Sure enough, that worked fine because he responded to the kiss and I swear I could feel him smile.

When I broke the kiss, I saw that Sungie was grinning at me. “You were awake weren’t you?” I asked knowingly, sighing when he nodded. I should have known better. He was just pretending to be asleep so that I would kiss him.

I got out of bed with much difficulty and limped my way towards the toilet. Sungie followed me, holding my waist in case I fell and we washed up together. After washing up, we went to the kitchen to see that breakfast was ready on the table, and that Mr. Kim was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“You’re awake?” he asked. Sungie and I both smiled and nodded, greeting him before sitting at the dining table and eating breakfast. I was guessing that Jongjin cooked breakfast this time, because I could see that breakfast was Western-style and Sungie’s parents wouldn’t cook Western food.

Halfway while eating, my phone began to ring from the room and I groaned in misery, not wanting to get up and walk to the room. Sungie just laughed and got my phone for me, handing it to me as he sat back down.

“Thanks,” I said with a smile as I answered the call. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Ryeowook-ah, when do you want me over?”  Teukie umma asked. I frowned. Since when did I ask Teukie umma to come over? Hmm… Oh yeah! We were supposed to compose a song for the school concert!

I took a look at the time and saw that it wasn’t even ten yet. “Have lunch with us!” I suggested.

From across the table, Sungie raised a brow. I mouthed ‘Teukie umma’ and he nodded, seeming visibly relieved. I chuckled and shook my head disapprovingly. Sungie could be jealous so easily sometimes.

“No problem! Do you want Youngwoon over as well? He kind of wants to apologise to Yesung,” Teukie umma said. I covered the phone speaker and leaned across the table.

“Do you want hyung here too? He wants to apologise,” I relayed the message. Sungie shrugged and nodded, cutting a piece of blueberry waffle and holding it in front of my mouth. I opened it and he stuffed the waffle in, laughing when some maple syrup got on my chin.

As he went to get some tissue to wipe the maple syrup, I continued my conversation with Teukie umma. “Sungie’s fine with it and so am I,” I replied, smiling when Sungie wiped the maple syrup off my chin.

“Then we’ll see you in three hours,” Teukie umma told me before ending the call. Sungie fed me another piece of waffle and I did the same. We continued to feed each other until somebody cleared his throat.

“Can you guys not be so gross?” Jongjin questioned, scrunching his nose up in distaste. “I made those waffles for you to eat, not to be sickeningly sweet to each other!”

We both shrugged and Jongjin rolled his eyes, taking some milk from the refrigerator and hurrying back to his room. Sungie and I looked at each other once and laughed, continuing to feed each other as if Jongjin’s comment didn’t exist.

 

--------------------

 

After breakfast, I spent my time doing research for my History project. I had been working on it two days ago, but I only managed to do so little. It was a group project and that meant that I couldn’t be slacking. I would drag the rest of my group down, namely Hyunseung, Woohyun and Seungho.

Sungie rolled into bed beside me and stared at the laptop screen. “I hate History.”

“It’s fun! Wait… what happened in World War I?” I asked, mostly to myself. I flipped the pages in my textbook until I found the chapter on World War I and typed some stuff into the Microsoft Word document that was open.

Probably feeling bored, Sungie went to find something productive to do. “I’m walking Kkoming!” Yup, I knew it. What else did he have to do? He knows his syllabus so well already; it would be weird if he actually couldn’t do his homework quickly.

“Kay!” I replied, turning back to my project immediately. I heard my phone vibrate and I reached out for it absentmindedly, unlocking my phone with practiced ease. However, when I actually saw the message sent to me, I dropped my phone.

‘Watch out, Kim Ryeowook. It’s time to strike again.’

I didn’t even need to look at the sender to know that it was Sooyoung. I picked my phone up from the ground with shaky fingers and took a deep breath. What was the worst that could happen? We’ve managed to ruin all of her stupid plans, haven’t we? Right, I don’t need to worry.

I focused my attention onto my project, trying to forget about the message. It wasn’t too hard to do since a half hour flew by quickly enough and I saved the document. I got up and, again, limped my way to the kitchen to make lunch. By now, Sungie’s parents were both in the living room watching a variety show together.

“Ryeowook-ah, are you making lunch?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Yup. How does bibimbab sound?” I asked. Both of them didn’t have any qualms with eating bibimbab for lunch, so I started preparing ingredients and cooking the rice. All the time, I wished that Jongjin could take over so that I could just sit down because my really, really hurt.

I actually managed to finish making lunch without sitting down and damn did I feel accomplished. Well, Sungie did come back and help me. It only took us less than an hour to cook enough bibimbab for seven people.

We went to watch TV with Sungie’s parents while waiting for Teukie umma and hyung to come over. I could only guess that they were together when Teukie umma called. They most likely had makeup or something.

Sungie’s parents were looking at me worriedly when I limped over to the couch. I gave them a sheepish smile and lied that I pulled a muscle, telling them not to worry. When Sungie asked me why I lied, I just said that I was too shy to admit that we had .

He seemed to accept that and wrapped an arm around my waist as we watched the latest episode of Running Man. Barely ten minutes into the show, the doorbell rang and Sungie went to get it. Kkoming followed after him while barking at the door, and whoever was outside.

Teukie umma and hyung came into the house and greeted Sungie’s parents with a smile. They headed into the kitchen and I took that as my cue to go in there as well. Naturally, Sungie followed me and, just like before, supported me to prevent me from falling.

Once in the kitchen, I could see how hyung was glowering. No way, is he angry again? But we didn’t even do anything wrong this time! Damn, he was still smiling apologetically at me earlier on.

I sat down a little too quickly and winced a little, looking up to see hyung still angry. I made a sound of distress and flailed around. “Are you still angry?” I asked, face planted on the dining table.

“I’m angry about something else. Kim Jongwoon, what did you do to my brother?” hyung demanded. Is he for real? That’s why he’s so mad? On one hand, I’m glad that hyung is back to the way he was before: protective of me. On another hand, I really don’t need Sungie to be hit again.

“Is there a problem?” Teukie umma questioned. I glanced up and saw hyung frantically shaking his head. Wow, he’s whipped. Hyung is so damn whipped. I barely concealed the laugh that escaped by faking a cough.

“I see no problem with you guys having at all,” hyung said through gritted teeth, forcing a smile. Sungie laughed out loud and went to get food for all of us, sliding into the chair beside me and forcing me to get my face off the table.

“Let’s eat!”

 

--------------------

 

We were all in Sungie’s room and… hyung looked a little pissed off again. I raised a brow, wondering why on earth hyung was getting all angry again. I followed his gaze to the bed and… oh. We didn’t change the sheets or anything. It still smells like sweat and .

Teukie umma didn’t seem to care as he plopped down onto the bed, looking as comfortable as any normal person. I guess he doesn’t have any problems with sitting on a bed which people had on.

“So Ryeowook, what kind of song do you want to compose?” Teukie umma asked.

I didn’t even hesitate before replying, “A ballad, of course.”

He nodded in agreement. “That’s good.”

The two of us took Sungie’s keyboard and started trying out some tunes. Meanwhile, Sungie was just on his phone and hyung was reading a book that he brought along. It only took fifteen minutes for us to come up with the tune for the first verse, which was a lot faster than usual.

Teukie umma and I started talking about how we should think of the lyrics, and what I wanted the song to be about. Well, I must say I haven’t really thought of that yet. I pondered about it and told him that I would give him a reply next time.

He seemed to accept that and we continued to compose the song. We didn’t even realise when an hour flew by and we were nearly done. The only thing left to do was to compile the tunes into one song and we would be done. That and we had to write a score sheet too.

A cup of water suddenly obscured my line of sight and I looked up, taking the water from Sungie gratefully. He handed a cup of water to Teukie umma as well, and to hyung too. I rolled my eyes when hyung spitefully took the water from Sungie. I can’t believe he’s angry with Sungie for having with me. Really now?

“Hyung…” I said dryly. “Stop being childish.”

“Ryeowook’s right. Just stop sulking about it already. He’s not little anymore, no matter what you think,” Teukie umma agreed. Sungie merely shrugged, not really caring about how hyung thought about him.

Hyung opened his mouth to reply but my ringtone cut him off. I should really change my ringtone to something other than ‘Moves Like Jagger’. I snatched my phone off the table and answered it curiously when I saw that the caller was Sungmin hyung.

I decided to put the call on loudspeaker so that everyone could hear it. After all, Sungmin hyung wouldn’t have called me to ask about something private.

At first, all we heard was crying and sobbing. Did Sungmin hyung call the right person?

“Sungmin hyung?” I asked unsurely. The crying became louder and Sungmin hyung’s breathing got heavier. I didn’t want to know what happened. It had to be something pretty horrible and I didn’t want to know. As it was, I could already feel my palms sweating and I bit my lower lip nervously.

“Y-yeoboseyo? Ryeowook-ah? K-Kyu got into…” there was a lot of noise on the other end and Sungmin hyung began crying again, even harder than before.

“Kyu got into an accident.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It seems like no one really guessed who the next couple was ._. Was it that hard?

Well, this is gonna be a horrible event that probably will go on for some time, maybe even longer than the EunHae problem >< I'm sorry to all the KyuMin shippers! My cousin, who also happens to ship KyuMin, simply loves seeing Min in pain and gave me this idea XD

Hmm... not much happened here apart from that. Kangin's back to normal! :D He's all protective and stuff again ;)

Ok, it's getting pretty late. Can anyone gimme suggestions on what KRY song you want me to use? :) There's so many and I just can't make up my mind :/

That's all from me for now. I'll try to update but my exams start next week. No promises there! >< Annyeong! ^^