Change of Heart

You're Mine

(Continued)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I ended the call and sat in my bed, trying to think of some way that I would be able to escape Sooyoung without losing a limb. Come on, nobody wants that for themselves. I still did want to become a chef or singer and it was pretty impossible to be any of those if I was missing a limb.

Maybe I should just be her servant first and think of a better plan.

I nodded to myself and stood up, silently apologising to everyone. I didn’t know how I would ever face Sungie if I do escape Sooyoung. Nonetheless, I would do everything in my ability to get away from her. I owed it to Sungie because he’s been the best to me in the past months and I couldn’t just disappear without a word.

Opening my room door, I looked around at everyone and smiled sheepishly. “I think I forgot something over at Sungie’s place. I’ll just pick it up and check if they’re here yet, alright?” I lied.

“It’s nearly midnight so hurry,” Youngwoon hyung told me. I nodded and quickly headed back to Sungie’s place, hoping that his family was asleep by now. I noticed that Jongjin’s room light was still but knowing him, he probably wouldn’t pay any attention to me even if he saw me.

I tossed my backpack on mine and Sungie’s bed and haphazardly stuffed my valuables in it. I looked at Kiki the stuffed giraffe, debating on whether or not to take him because Sooyoung would most likely throw him away, and decided to leave him here. Hopefully Sungie will feel that I’m still with him this way.

I scribbled a note as well, placing it at the bedside table, where the framed photo of Sungie and me was. Grabbing my backpack and checking that I had everything I needed with me, I left the house and went towards the stairs. If I took the lift down, I would pass by my house and everybody would see me. I couldn’t have that happening if I wanted to leave.

On my way down, I called Sooyoung again.

“So which limb are you offering?”

“I changed my mind. I’ll be your servant.”

“Oh really now? That’s fine by me. I’ll get tired of you within the year, so don’t worry about being stuck with me for too long,” she assured. I scoffed quietly, although she was telling me the truth. Sooyoung never liked to have the same servant for more than eight months, from what I remember. Well, that works in my favour so I won’t be complaining about anything.

“Where do you want me to meet you?”

“I’m already downstairs, actually. I figured that you’d agree to my terms.”

Just as I walked out of the stairwell, I spotted Sooyoung’s figure in a Mercedes and got in, ending the call. There was another car behind us, and as we drove off, I saw Sungie and the others being pushed out of the car. I bit my lip and forced my eyes toward Sooyoung.

“Why go through so much trouble if you’re going to let me go after a few months?” I asked. I really wanted to know, because Sooyoung’s been hunting me down since the start of the year and it didn’t make sense for her to just let me go like that.

“Because I’m still kind of mad at you for dumping me so easily back then, and it isn’t fair that you get to have happiness while I don’t,” Sooyoung told me. That’s it? Apart from her being mad, she was just jealous? If only I’d known things were like this, maybe I could’ve helped her. She didn’t have to break my friends’ relationships up to get what she wanted.

Actually, I think I’m starting to see the old Sooyoung again. I expected her to be much more pissed off but she seems surprisingly calm. It was a tad bit eerie since the last time I saw her, she sent men after me.

“Why are you suddenly so nice?” I blurted out.

Sooyoung remained silent for a few seconds before replying, “Do you not like it?”

With the way she said it, I panicked a little. “No! I’m just… suspicious. Why are you being so nice to me when all you did for the entire year was to hunt me down?”

I swear I saw her blush. Well that’s totally unexpected.

“There’s this guy…”

“And you need my help? In case you didn’t realise, Sooyoung, I’m gay. And what if I really wanted to offer my limb?” I questioned. I mean if she told me earlier, I would’ve agreed on account of our past relationship. I’m not too happy about what she’s done in the past months but she’s still someone important to me.

“The limb thing was really just to make sure you meet me. I’m also perfectly aware that you’re gay, which is why you’ll be able to put yourself in my shoes. He’s really nice and I just met him a couple weeks ago when I held a meeting with all my men. I was actually going to leave you alone since it seemed that I couldn’t do anything about you and that guy, but I figured to use you once more,” she explained. My jaw dropped completely.

She was really intending to let us go?

“Don’t worry; I’ll make sure you get together with this guy. He might be the one for you.”

Sooyoung smiled slightly and I really felt that the old Sooyoung, the one I once loved, is back.

“I hope so.”

 

----------------------

 

I was shown to my room the moment we got off the Mercedes. Sooyoung told me to get some rest before she would bring me to meet the guy tomorrow. While I had to admit that the room was huge and the connected bathroom was just as huge, I felt extremely lonely.

Really, I did miss Sungie a whole lot. If I’d known this would happen, I wouldn’t have sent the hyungs to distract him. I would’ve just gone out on a date with him. It’s been more than twelve hours since I last saw him, I think, and damn that’s pretty long.

I took a quick shower, packed my stuff into the closet and lay down on the bed. It was a big bed too, probably queen-sized, but that only amplified my loneliness. Sooyoung told me that I couldn’t contact anyone else because she needed to figure out what to do from now and knowing my friends, they’d definitely come to rescue me immediately.

I sighed, pulling my phone out and looking at the time. It was past 2am now but I couldn’t fall asleep. She did mention that I couldn’t text my group of friends, but she never mentioned anything about texting others. I mulled over it for well over fifteen minutes before setting my phone back down.

It really to be without Sungie. I never really realised how much I’ve come to rely on him and need him. Although it was slightly scary to need somebody so much, I knew very well that Sungie needed me too. That fact alone made me feel a heck lot better and worse, all at the same time.

I actually wonder if Sungie’s still unconscious. I had a million messages and missed calls from my hyungs, asking where I was and why the other four were unconscious in the lobby. I blocked those, of course. I blocked everyone’s number except for Sungie’s, because I wanted to at least have some form of contact with him. If I hadn’t blocked everyone else’s contacts, I wouldn’t be able to resist the urge to text them. I had at least fifty messages within five minutes, asking me where I was.

The bed was comfy, much more so than mine and Sungie’s, but nothing beat the comfort of home. I hadn’t exactly asked about how I would go to school, but I think Sooyoung would figure something out. I’ll probably get homeschooled or something, which seems like a pretty weird idea but whatever. I was the one who agreed to help Sooyoung out, after all. I can’t be going back on my word now.

I spent the next few hours simply tossing and turning and getting used to the idea of sleeping alone, for however long I needed to. I personally didn’t think that Sooyoung needed me around 24/7, so I was really hoping that she’d be able to let me go home soon. Everyone is worried sick because I just disappeared, and if they actually saw the note I left, they’d be even more worried.

I groaned when I saw that it was nearly five in the morning, having drifted off into semi-consciousness a couple of times. Screw this, I’m getting up to cook something. I can’t very well just toss and turn on the bed forever.

Just as I was about to get out of the room, my phone rang and I picked it up quickly. I hesitated, wondering if I should answer the call, before finally deciding that Sooyoung wouldn’t kill me for it. “Sungie?”

“Kim Ryeowook, where the hell are you? Tell me where that brought you.”

God, I miss his voice. “Actually… ignore that note. I’ll be back in a few days, alright?”

“What? Wookie, we know she took you. Is she threatening you?”

“It’s like five in the morning,” I deadpanned. “I’m staying here of my own accord. She isn’t threatening me. And before you say anything, I am not cheating on you. I love you most, got it?”

“I don’t get this, but I trust you. That doesn’t mean I’m not worried though. Can you at least tell me where you are? Sooyoung’s house?” he guessed. Ok, maybe I shouldn’t have picked his call up.

“I’m not saying anything about where I am. I’ll be back as soon as I can. Sungie, just try to pass the next few days alone,” I told him. As much as I didn’t want to hang up, I knew I had to. At this rate, I might very well just tell him Sooyoung’s address.

“…fine. I’m not happy about this, Wookie.”

Sighing, I nodded to no one. “I’m not either. I miss you, I love you, and happy birthday. Sorry I can’t celebrate it with you,” I apologised. I heard Sungie snort in disbelief and despite myself, a small smile crept onto my face. He wasn’t pissed at me, I know that much.

“I love you too, and this is the worst birthday ever. I’ll at least see you in school, won’t I?”

“Maybe?”

“Yah!”

“I’m kidding!” No, I really had no idea if I was going to school. “Go do your stuff and I’ll see you soon.”

As Sungie agreed and hung up, I could hear him grumbling to himself about how I should understand his worries. As soon as the line was cut, I sighed and rolled around on the bed. Of course I knew that he was extremely worried, but he just has to trust me on this.

After a couple more minutes of lying in bed, I washed up and searched around for the kitchen.

When Sooyoung woke up and saw me, she frowned.

“What the hell happened to you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I couldn't sleep and it's currently 2.30am here. I don't know what I'm doing typing at these hours but I wanted to get this up before I flew to Bangkok.

Um, this chapter seems a little too jumpy and awkward. This fic has dragged out wayyyy too long and I don't even know what to write anymore TT

Well, only a couple more chapters to go I guess. Seriously, how did you guys even read this entire thing? It's crap!

I should go sleep, but I probably won't :P But anyway, that's all from me for now and look forward to the next chapter~ Annyeong! ^^