Going Overboard

You're Mine

 

(Two days later)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

I turned around when I heard my name being called, and I wrapped an arm around Wookie’s shoulder, pecking his forehead softly. Wookie had been discharged yesterday and, although he didn’t need to, he was going to school.

What happened on Saturday was horrible. After Donghae ran off, Eunhyuk broke down. He completely broke down and started screaming as he cried. He screamed about how he hadn’t meant to hurt Donghae, and that he was sorry. Leeteuk had to get the nurses to sedate him before Eunhyuk actually calmed down.

Needless to say, we had all been terrified by Eunhyuk’s outburst. He and Donghae were always the brighter ones; the ones who were never upset. It seemed so strange not to see them together and being hyper and I could see how sad everyone was, especially Wookie. He still blamed himself, and it took me a long time to convince him otherwise.

Sungmin had gone after Donghae that day, and he returned home with the latter. Donghae had, apparently, cried his heart out at Han River. It was where he and Eunhyuk officially got together – we all knew that. It was so expected of Donghae to go there to try and mend his broken heart. Poor guy.

I doubt that Donghae will come today, just to avoid Eunhyuk, but our fishy was never the type to skip school if he could help it. I wonder if he moved home to avoid Eunhyuk. After all, how could he stand sleeping in the same house as Eunhyuk?

I sighed, and Wookie looked at me in concern. I gave a small smile, trying not to worry him. Wookie had finally changed his mind set and stopped blaming himself, and I wasn’t going to get him started again. No way will I do that.

We went downstairs in silence, Jongjin following behind us awkwardly. Wookie was still staying with me since Kangin simply refused to forgive him. My parents were more than glad to let Wookie stay with us, and he slept beside me. I was happy with the current arrangement, of course, but Wookie shouldn’t be staying with me because he has no home to return to. That’s just screwed up.

The bus ride was spent in silence as well, none of us knowing what to say. When Sungmin boarded the bus, we merely greeted him before falling back into silence. Even Jongjin didn’t know how to lighten the mood, having heard about everything that’s happened over the weekend. At some point in time, Kyuhyun got on the bus as well, comfortably placing his on the seat beside Sungmin.

We arrived at school quickly enough, probably because I zoned out a couple of times. We made our way into the cafeteria and stayed there, too tired to do anything. Eunhyuk was sitting alone at a table in the far corner of the cafeteria, looking depressed. He looked the same when we visited him yesterday, and none of us knew what to say to make him feel better. He had told us his theory about him being drugged, and we had been so ready to get the truth out of Hyoyeon, but he told us not to. He said that it would be of no use anymore.

Leeteuk came to stand in front of us, forcing a thin smile onto his face. He looked slightly aged from all the stress. I’d bet that everything that happened really took a toll on him. And he hadn’t been talking to Kangin, either, since Kangin was too stubborn to forgive Wookie.

Moments later, we saw Henry and Zhoumi walk into the cafeteria, hand-in-hand. We widened our eyes and glanced back and forth at each other. Since when did Henry and Zhoumi get together?

The new couple stood in front of us and greeted us awkwardly.

“Hi, guys,” they said with a sheepish smile.

“You guys got together? Like finally?” Kyuhyun questioned. Henry blushed and nodded. Aww! He is so cute when he’s all shy! Well, of course my Wookie is cuter, but Henry is still cute.

“Henry kind of confronted me after Saturday since he was jealous about me comforting Eunhyuk, and then he just confessed. I confessed too, of course, but I never thought that Henry would take the initiative. We didn’t want to announce this on Sunday since…” Zhoumi trailed off and pointed towards Eunhyuk who was still being depressed in the corner. We all nodded in understanding. It was no wonder that Henry was looking so pissed off that day. At least something good is happening in the midst of this mess.

“Don’t tell Eunhyuk about this,” Leeteuk reminded. We nodded in agreement. Eunhyuk would go crazy if he found out about the two being together. As it is, we have to stop our skinship in Eunhyuk’s presence. He would not enjoy knowing that his friends were getting together while his relationship was in a crisis.

“Is Hae coming?” I questioned. Leeteuk sighed and shook his head, rubbing the bridge of his nose. That much had been expected, since Donghae obviously doesn’t want to see Eunhyuk’s face. We wouldn’t want him breaking down again either, so it’s best that the two of them calm down first.

Heechul and Hankyung walked in just then – or rather, Hankyung walked while Heechul strutted.

They waved a hand in acknowledgement and Heechul immediately glanced towards Eunhyuk.

“How’s he holding up?”

We shook our heads morosely and Heechul groaned.

“My poor baby Hae. He must be feeling horrible,” Heechul said and messed his hair up in frustration. Wait a moment there. Did our resident diva just mess his hair up?! KIM HEECHUL MESSED HIS HAIR?!

The eight of us gaped at him, including Hankyung. None of us have ever seen Heechul do something to ruin his appearance. Never. He must be pretty stressed out by this too.

Henry was the first to break out of the trance. “Umma, if it helps, I got together with Mimi gege.”

Heechul whipped his head around and glanced at their intertwined hands before slamming his hands on the table. Zhoumi flinched. Heck, we all flinched. Heechul then proceeded to glare at Zhoumi for some time before turning to Henry and squealing.

“I’m so happy for you Henry!” Heechul exclaimed, pinching Henry’s cheeks. “Now, take care of my baby, alright Zhoumi?” Heechul demanded. Zhoumi sighed exasperatedly and nodded. Everybody knows that Heechul can be such an sometimes, and he’s starting to seem bipolar too.

Heechul spent the next few minutes fussing over Henry, and Shindong had already arrived with Siwon and Kibum. When they came over to us, Leeteuk immediately forced us to go to the auditorium for assembly. Leeteuk then dragged Eunhyuk up forcefully, getting little cooperation from the monkey.

 

-------------------------

 

Assembly was boring, time ticking by slowly. Eunhyuk was endlessly fidgeting around in his seat and we kept glancing at him worriedly. It seemed so unusual that our usual fifteen was now only thirteen, and I knew that Kangin was somewhere in the auditorium avoiding us.

Once assembly ended, Leeteuk called his friend, Jaejoong, over. He asked Jaejoong to try persuading Kangin to let Wookie back into the house. Just like the rest of us, Leeteuk had taken to avoiding Kangin ever since he heard about what Kangin did. We had originally wanted to look Kangin up over the weekend, but so many things had happened and they just couldn’t handle everything.

Jaejoong acceded to Leeteuk’s request, probably sensing that something was up. Leeteuk thanked Jaejoong and we went to our respective classes for our major. I pulled Wookie in for a quick kiss before heading to music.

Needless to say, I didn’t pay attention for the entire three hours of lesson. Although my teacher was Junghoon hyung and he is really interesting, I just couldn’t find it in myself to pay attention. Of course, Junghoon hyung approached me after the lesson to find out the problem.

I explained what happened to him and he was more than shocked. Junghoon hyung hadn’t heard about any of the recent happenings and he was extremely worried. He even asked if we wanted his help to bring the police in, but I told him that it was fine. We didn’t want to blow things up even more. I thanked Junghoon hyung and headed towards the cafeteria to meet up with the others.

I sat down in my place beside Wookie and stole a glance at Eunhyuk. He looked even worse than he did in the morning. I wonder what happened to him.

Jung Yunho walked past our table and saw Eunhyuk, deciding to explain what his analysis of the situation was. He said that Eunhyuk probably missed Donghae too much since the two of them took dance as their major together. We understood perfectly and thanked Yunho, deciding to snap Eunhyuk out of his trance.

We tried everything: slapping him, spraying some water at him, using Kyuhyun’s PSP to hit him – which Kyuhyun wasn’t too pleased about. At the end of it all, Eunhyuk hadn’t moved a bit. Heechul sighed and talked about how Donghae was probably feeling, and that got Eunhyuk’s attention. Eunhyuk immediately glared at Heechul, and it wasn’t long before the monkey suddenly sobbed.

All of us were taken aback; Eunhyuk had cried multiple times over the past two days, but this was getting way too serious. None of us had eaten lunch, all deciding to stay and comfort Eunhyuk. This outburst was unexpected and we didn’t know how to react. In the end, I offered to bring Eunhyuk to the sick bay with Kyuhyun, since the two of us didn’t have to go for lessons later.

In the sick bay, or on the way there, Eunhyuk kept crying and apologising to Donghae. I looked at Kyuhyun and he nodded, understanding what I was trying to tell him. We have to get Hyoyeon to explain everything to Donghae, and to do that she needs to explain everything to us.

The moment Eunmi noona got things under control, I dialled Taeyeon’s number and she picked up quickly, not having lessons at the moment as well.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taeyeon, this is Yesung. Can you get Hyoyeon over later? We need to ask her some things,” I requested. I could imagine Taeyeon hesitating before she replied with a yes. “After school then. Don’t be late.”

With that, I hung up and faced Kyuhyun.

“Do you think she’ll crack?”

Kyuhyun smirked. “I’ll find a way to make her crack.”

I shivered a little at Kyuhyun’s tone, knowing that he was more than serious. We sighed in unison and glanced at Eunhyuk’s sleeping figure, watching as tears streamed down his cheeks even as he slept. This problem had gone too far.

Was Wookie right? Had Sooyoung ordered this? If she had, then this has to stop.

We can’t let her carry on with her plan anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok wtf is this. ._. I don't know what went through my brain when I wrote this, and I don't really know how to continue with this problem :/ Hopefully the next chappie will be better ><

Either way, I hope you guys enjoyed this (though you probably didn't) and will look forward to the next one :)

I don't have much to say so... yeah, annyeong! ^^