Choice

You're Mine

(Two months later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I glanced around at everyone and they nodded in reply, knowing what was expected of them. It was Sungie’s birthday in less than twenty-four hours and I intended to give him the biggest surprise of his life. The fact that he was just a little slow at picking up things definitely helped to surprise him. After he receives his surprise from me, he’d probably look back at the surprise he gave me for my birthday and sigh, a thousand times over.

Not that it mattered to me, anyway, because I still love Sungie despite his failure at surprising me.

Over the course of the past two months, I swear he’s tried to surprise me at least twenty times. All those times, he failed. I could sense his presence behind me so I wasn’t at all surprised whenever he suddenly placed his lips on my cheek from time to time, nor when he would suddenly back hug me when I was cooking.

Well, at least he had a boyfriend like me who was brilliant at planning surprises. Sure, he knew me well, but that’s where the other hyungs come into the picture. If my plan wasn’t obvious enough, I was going to use a few of the hyungs to distract Sungie while the rest of us set up the party at his house. Our exams were coming up soon and this was the only time that we had to have fun together before all of us Year 1 students would be studying like crazy. The other hyungs would just flunk again so that we could graduate as a whole group.

Sungie looked at everyone, then at me. “What’s with that look?” he questioned suspiciously.

I pretended to look at him innocently, smiling while blinking in mock confusion. “What look?”

Deadpanning, Sungie shook his head in disbelief and decided to stop questioning me. I grinned victoriously to the others and I could see that some of them were having some issues with holding their laughter. On the bright side, lunch would end soon enough and nobody was having the same lesson as Sungie next. At least he wouldn’t be able to question them about anything.

Sungie eyed the others suspiciously once more before muttering, “I may be slow but I know you’re hiding something from me, Wookie.” I shrugged and pecked him on the cheek, promising to tell him that he’d know what was going on soon enough. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch, and all of us stood up in unison to get to our next class.

Sungie walked me to class and gave me a chaste kiss before promising to meet me at the gates with the hyungs because apparently, Teukie umma, Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyung wanted to speak to him privately. The moment Sungie was out of sight, I smirked to myself and made my way to my seat. Woohyun and Hoya gave me a look.

“Ryeowook, you look seemingly evil. Why?” Woohyun asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I returned the gaze and he continued. “You aren’t planning to do anything bad, are you?”

I sighed and raised my brow at them. “You honestly think I’m going to do something bad? Me?” I questioned, pointing to myself.

“Now that I think about it, it does seem ridiculous…” Hoya remarked.

“Exactly! I’m just glad that my plan is going well,” I said with a grin

“What plan?”

All three of us jumped upon hearing Niel’s voice join our conversation so suddenly.

“I will strangle you one day, Niel. I swear I will,” Hoya threatened. Niel held his hands up in surrender and looked to Woohyun and me for help. Both of us shrugged because we’d been shocked too. Niel should know better than to surprise us like that.

“Really though, what plan are you talking about?”

I fiddled around with my pen and figured that it wouldn’t hurt to tell them since the three of them had enough sense not to tell Sungie anything. “It’s Sungie’s birthday tomorrow and I’m surprising him tonight,” I told them.

“It is? We should have a small celebration for him during lunch tomorrow!” Woohyun suggested. I glared at Woohyun. I knew that Sungie wouldn’t hear anything from our conversation but nonetheless, I didn’t want anyone to be so loud. For all we knew, someone could hear and tell him. I mean he probably was expecting a surprise from me but I wanted to keep it was secretive as possible until tonight.

Woohyun noticed the glare and gulped. “Sorry.”

Before I could say anymore, Ms. Park walked into class with a stack of papers.

“Pop quiz!”

The entire class groaned in unison as she walked around and handed out the papers with a smile.

 

-----------------------

 

After school ended, I hurried over to the gate to where the others were and we got into Kibum and Siwon’s cars before heading off to mine and Sungie’s apartment block. There were four people missing and clearly, it was Sungie with Teukie umma, Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyung. The plan seemed to be going well so far, but I was a little worried about how long they could stall Sungie. What could they do that would require ten hours?

Well, there was a reason why I chose the four of them. Apart from the fact that they’d known Sungie the longest, they were also somewhat good in stalling others. After all, they had Heechul hyung on their side. That alone was enough to stall Sungie for at least two more hours.

Ok, maybe I was pretty curious about what they were doing.

I mean, who wouldn’t be? I was the one who planned this surprise, yes, but that didn’t mean that I didn’t miss my boyfriend. I’ve become so accustomed to having him with me for the past seven months that it really whenever he wasn’t with me.

“Ryeowook-ah, do we have to buy anything? Dinner or whatever?” Sungmin hyung asked. I looked around and checked my list, frowning a little and pointing out some of the items that we still needed. Then I pondered for a little while and smiled.

“I guess I can cook dinner for you guys, since everyone’s helping me out here,” I told him.

Sungmin hyung grinned. “Ryeowook’s cooking us dinner!”

“We’re in for a feast then,” Youngwoon hyung said, grinning as well. I rolled my eyes and shoved Sungmin hyung lightly, telling him to just get the things that we need so that we can start setting up. He grabbed Kyuhyun, Siwon, Kibum and Youngwoon hyung before leaving the house and promising to be back within a couple of hours.

Since we had more than enough time before midnight, I plopped down on the couch and called Kkoming over. She gladly leaped onto the couch and curled up next to me as I her fur. Shindong hyung hadn’t come over yet, having had planned a short date with Nari. Eunhyuk hyung and Donghae hyung were somewhere in the house, hopefully not making out, and Zhoumi hyung and Henry were by the turtles’ tanks.

I ran through my plan again in my head. Teukie umma, Hankyung hyung and Heechul hyung would drop Sungie off and pretend to drive off, but would actually just quickly park the car and get into the lift after Sungie. The rest of us were supposed to keep quiet in the house and turn all the lights off. When Sungie walks into the house, Kyuhyun would play a video that I’d worked on for two weeks and Sungie would hopefully watch it without looking for me. Someone would open the door to let the other three hyungs in so that they could pop the confetti and we’d party through the night because it was a Sunday tomorrow and we were celebrating at my house, although we were currently at Sungie’s place. As usual, my parents weren’t home.

It wasn’t a very elaborate surprise but everyone had told me that the video was good. I really did work hard on it, after all. It was accompanied by the song ‘No Other’ and there was a couple of short clips of our dates together. Of course, I added my sincere and heartfelt message to Sungie in the video because I was really so thankful that he’s my boyfriend. I also included some random pictures of us together, or just of him. I just hope he isn’t too embarrassed by it.

For the hour plus that we were waiting for the others to return, I listened to some music, tried to work on my latest music project, and chatted with Zhoumi hyung and Henry. It was nice to see that their relationship was back on track, since they’d been through quite a bit. I was rather suspicious about the fact that Eunhyuk hyung and Donghae hyung were missing and that Kkoming had started to paw on Sungie and my bedroom door. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and went over, twisting the doorknob to be met by what was probably the most horrific sight I’ve ever seen.

“Oh my god, get off our bed! NO! GET OFF DAMMIT! I DON’T WANT YOU HAVING ON OUR BED!”

 

----------------------

 

As it was nearing eleven at night, I rechecked everything and ensured that we were good to go. Smiling in satisfaction, I grabbed my phone and called Teukie umma to tell them that they could start making their way back soon. The dial tone sounded several times before there was a click and I furrowed my brows. I tried calling Hankyung hyung too but he didn’t answer. The same went for Heechul hyung, and even Sungie.

As I was about to freak out, an unknown number texted me and I quickly opened it, hoping that it was one of them and that somehow, all of their phones had died. However, I froze as I read the message and I flinched when Shindong hyung tapped me on the shoulder.

‘Choose either: your boyfriend or the sassy guy.

-Unknown number’

“Ryeowook, is something wrong?” Shindong hyung asked.

“Uh, no, nothing,” I replied, avoiding everyone’s gazes. I moved over to the kitchen where nobody was and glanced at the message, rereading it multiple times because my brain refused to process the words on the small digital screen.

No. No. No, no, no! How could she? How dare she? She had no right to make me choose between them, because there was simply no way for me to choose! That … she’ll pay for what she did, I swear it on my life.

I clenched my fists and picked my phone up, knowing that Sooyoung would pick up the call. She clearly wanted me to make a choice, didn’t she? I had to try my best to prevent myself from cussing her out since nobody else knew that they were in trouble. I eyed everyone in the house, forced the fakest smile ever, and retreated to the bedroom, locking the door.

“What the hell do you want from me?” I snapped. There was a snicker on her part, and I could just imagine Sooyoung giving me a mocking look. When I next look her up, she could keep wishing that I’d be intimidated, because I wasn’t going to back down when they were at stake. No damn way.

“I told you; choose.”

“What makes you think I can choose, dimwit?” I retorted, getting more agitated by the second.

“Well then, would you like to grant me one wish?”

I gaped although she couldn’t see me. What?!

“Why would I do that?” I questioned.

She seemed to ponder for a moment. “Well… I could kill them.”

The colour drained from my face totally. I know she means what she says. Essentially, she was making me choose between Sungie, Heechul hyung and myself. The only way for the two of them to survive was for me to sacrifice myself, because she’d kill whoever I don’t choose. If I chose my boyfriend, my friend would be killed and vice-versa.

“What do you want me to do?” I asked, in a much smaller voice than before.

“You’ll be my personal servant. Of course I’ll get tired of you eventually, or you’ll piss me off. When that happens I’ll probably beat you up and leave you to die in the deserted streets. Do you want to offer a limb? That works too! I’m sure nobody wants a disabled chef or singer!” she chirped. I shivered involuntarily, but I knew that I had to stand my ground. Actually, the idea of offering a limb doesn’t seem all that bad when compared to becoming her personal servant.

I glanced towards the bedroom door and felt tears prick my eyes. I didn’t want to become Sooyoung’s personal servant, yet I knew that it was near impossible to achieve my dreams if I was disabled. Still, there was no way I could choose between Sungie and Heechul hyung. Taking a deep breath, I hoped that Sungie would still want me if I was missing a limb.

“Ok, you win. If I give you a limb, will you stop harassing my friends and me and let the two of them go?” I asked. Sooyoung snickered, making me frown because come on, what else does she have up her sleeve? She’s already gone to the extent of kidnapping my boyfriend, hasn’t she?

“I will, but apart from giving me that limb, don’t ever meet Kim Jongwoon ever again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

BAM BAM BAM I AM BACK! And I give you guys... this. I'm so sorry, but I had to speed things up because my ideas for this fic is dry andddd it's about time for me to move on to my next fic idea! So clearly, this fic is coming to an end~

Ok, don't kill me. Ryeowook is really going to lose a limb, I am not kidding. I just... couldn't think of anything else ._. I was gonna make him Sooyoung's servant but I had no idea how the hell he's supposed to escape her because really, she owns a mafia. Like come on, you don't just escape from that.

Don't worry, YeWook will have their (somewhat) happy ending although yeah, Wookie's gonna be like... missing a limb. Damn that sounds depressing even to me TT I am truly sorry to all you people, really really sorry about the angsty-ness of this chapter :/

Please continue stabbing Sooyoung in your head, but only because of this fic because she's a really sweet girl in real life. I won't give any spoilers on the good (somewhat) things that're coming up but just know that the lovely couple named YeWook will get back together eventually, ok?

Please look forward to the next chapter and I'll make sure to update by like Wednesday morning or something, because I'm heading to Bangkok for the rest of the week and won't be able to update on the weekends. Also, I totally owe you guys chapters and I need to finish this fic ASAP. Really.

Ok, that's all from me now! The last section was total bull and I'm sorry if anyone is depressed right now. You guys probably expected a fluffy birthday celebration but NOPE, my brain decided to be evil to you lovely people and churned this out D: So... see you guys in a couple days! Annyeong! ^^