The last day

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

I awoke to the sound of Minwoo’s shouting again, groaned, and squinted to look at Minwoo. He heard me and scratched his head sheepishly.

“Hyung, did I wake you again?” he asked, smiling apologetically. I shook my head and returned the smile, telling him that I don’t mind. Once Youngmin was up, Minwoo left our cabin and returned to his own to wash up. Meanwhile, I woke the other three up.

We went to the toilet to wash our faces and everything, changing into a fresh set of clothes as well. Jongwoon hyung had mentioned something about cleaning a toilet, right? He said that it was the one that we usually use for showering at night.

The very thought of Jongwoon hyung made me blush and start squealing like a fangirl inside my head. Yesterday might have been the most awesome day since I broke up with Sooyoung! And not to mention the fact that Jongwoon hyung’s kiss seemed more… right, than Sooyoung’s.

When we were done washing up, we started to slack around in our beds, keeping our dry towels and leaving the other toiletries to dry. We began chatting about the camp and how we feel about it. All five of us actually wouldn’t have minded going through camp again!

Time passed quickly and it was 7.15am. We headed over to the field to receive our instructions for the day and, of course, get some breakfast. I’m hungry!

When our class was gathered, Jongwoon hyung briefed us on what we’d be doing today. It wasn’t much; after breakfast, we’d pack up. After packing up, we have to clean the toilet that we usually use for showering, but that’s about it.

We would then gather in the field and our respective facilitators would debrief us. Teukie umma would end the camp with a speech. When we went back to school, the facilitators would go through the attendance again and we have to give some sort of useful feedback before we would be dismissed to go home.

Jongwoon hyung finished informing us of today’s plans and led us over to the dining area for breakfast. We were, quite surprisingly, the earliest today. Maybe it’s just to make up for being late yesterday. That’s what I think, anyway.

We got our food and sat down, waiting patiently for the other classes to get here so that we could start breakfast. Today’s breakfast was more Western-style than yesterday’s. Breakfast comprised of bacon, a sunny side-up, and two hash browns.

When the other classes arrived, we did the hungry cheer as usual and began to eat when Teukie umma gave the command. This food isn’t too bad! I wonder which caterer the school gets it from.

After we ate our breakfast, we had to go back and start packing all of our belongings. We had an hour to do so and well, that was more than enough time for me! I strolled back with my cabin mates and we began to keep our stuff.

“Hoya, can you pass me my towel?” Sungyeol asked. Hoya was just in front of our towels so Sungyeol must have decided that it was convenient. Hoya turned to look at Sungyeol, looking slightly irritated but he nodded anyway. Then he picked Sungyeol’s towel up and hurled it at the latter.

“There!” Hoya said satisfactorily and grinned, continuing to pack his stuff. Sungyeol glared at Hoya spitefully and scanned the room. I saw his gaze land on Hoya’s favourite purple shirt – I’ve noticed that he has to have it with him at all times.

Sungyeol slowly picked up the purple shirt and smiled menacingly. He threw it on the floor and started stepping on it. Of course, he was barefoot so he couldn’t have done much, but Hoya was angry anyways.

I looked at Youngmin and G.O. who were looking at me as well. We exchanged a non-verbal message and I nodded, heading out to find Myungsoo and Dongwoo. Meanwhile, as Youngmin went to get Sungjong and Sunggyu, G.O. would try to prevent a fight from starting.

I ran out to Cabin 17 and shouted for Myungsoo and Dongwoo. They came out of their cabin, looking pretty confused. I stopped in front of them, taking a moment to catch my breath before I started to explain the situation to them.

“Hoya was irritated by Sungyeol who distracted him from packing, so he threw Sungyeol’s towel. In return, Sungyeol stepped on Hoya’s favourite purple shirt. Help get them to stop fighting please?” I pleaded. They nodded and headed towards my cabin.

“HoBaby!” Dongwoo called once he stepped in. Although we were all anxious to stop them from fighting, the two still remembered to take their shoes off. I’m glad for that. Jongwoon hyung, why couldn’t you have been more attentive to the sign on our door?

“Yeollie?” Myungsoo took a cautious peek inside. He was met by a flying pillow aimed directly at his face, and he took the hit right on. He glared at Sungyeol and huffed, fixing his hair and going into the ‘battle zone’, followed closely behind by Dongwoo.

A moment later, Youngmin returned with Sunggyu and Sungjong.

“Howon hyung!” Sungjong yelled cutely. Even in times like this, his aegyo mode was still on. I don’t understand how anyone can be so adorable! Maybe Heechul hyung should adopt Sungjong as his second son, after Henry. Ok, I’m sorry for sidetracking.

“Lee Howon and Lee Sungyeol, you two stop fighting now,” Sunggyu ordered, like the leader that he was. He was kind of panting a little. I wonder why though. I mean our cabins are only that far away from each other.

“NO!” Sungyeol and Hoya shouted simultaneously and they growled at each other. This is an intense fight and hell, why must they start this now? We have to pack everything up in another half hour!

“Howon hyung~,” Sungjong called out and latched himself onto Hoya’s arm. Hoya seemed to relax a little and leaned into Sungjong’s touch. Infinite’s maknae smiled victoriously and nodded at Youngmin. At the same time, Dongwoo was talking to Hoya and getting the latter to calm down.

“Yeollie, you know Hoya hyung didn’t mean it,” Myungsoo said in a calm voice, wrapping an arm around Sungyeol’s shoulder. Sunggyu stood between the two and sighed.

“Can you guys be more mature? I understand that Hoya was pissed off and all, but that doesn’t give him the right to throw other people’s stuff like that. Also, Sungyeol, you don’t have the right to step on Hoya’s favourite shirt like that. You know he loves it. Just cause you want revenge doesn’t mean that you can take it out on the person’s belongings. This is immature, guys,” Sunggyu chided.

Hoya sighed and I could see that he regretted his actions. On the other hand, Sungyeol didn’t seem so convinced. He was still pretty mad about his towel being thrown around, although I don’t quite get why he’s so protective of his towel.

“No way,” Sungyeol crossed his arms on his chest.

“Yeol…” Myungsoo started, but was cut off.

“Do you know which towel he threw? The one YOU gave me,” Sungyeol poked Myungsoo’s chest angrily. Ah, so that’s why? Well that’s interesting.

“The one I got you for your birthday two years ago?” Myungsoo asked in surprise. Sungyeol pouted and nodded. Wait a minute, like what? Myungsoo got Sungyeol a towel for his birthday?

“May I interrupt something?” G.O. asked rather awkwardly. All of us turned to look at him and he scratched the back of his head sheepishly. Hoya nodded and raised his brow inquisitively.

“Why did Myungsoo get Sungyeol a towel as a birthday present?” he asked.

“He really had to get some necessities but he didn’t want to go, so I bought him a whole bunch of clothes, towels and whatnot,” Myungsoo explained. I stared at him, as Youngmin and G.O. did.

“What?”

“It’s true though,” Sunggyu confirmed.

“Well that’s strange,” Youngmin said. Myungsoo shrugged.

“Will you guys stop fighting now?” I asked tiredly. I don’t know how long they can argue for but I need to pack god dammit!

“Fine, fine. If Myungie decides that it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t,” Sungyeol gave in and held out his hand. Hoya took it and shook it, smiling lightly. Finally a truce!

“Let’s go and pack up. Jongie,” Sunggyu called. Sungjong replied with a bright ‘Ne!’ and skipped out with Sunggyu after giving each of his boyfriends a peck on his cheek.

“Dongwoo hyung?” Myungsoo asked. Dongwoo nodded and kissed Hoya, just as Myungsoo kissed Sungyeol, and they both left the cabin quickly. We all know that we have to pack everything as soon as possible.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

“Are you guys done? We’ll be inspecting your cabins,” Teukie umma announced. We were currently gathered in the field, receiving instructions. The facilitators headed to their classes’ cabins and started checking it, ensuring that we left nothing behind.

Ten minutes later, the facilitators came back out and told us that we have to go for area cleaning now. I am NOT looking forward to cleaning the toilet. Ugh.

“Let’s go guys,” Jongwoon hyung instructed and led us towards the toilet. I walked beside Jeongmin and sighed, trudging towards the toilet reluctantly.

“Hyung, it won’t be that bad. I mean what’s the worst that we might have to clean?” he asked, trying to comfort me. It’s not that I don’t want to clean the toilet. Heck, I love cleaning! But the fact that the toilet has been used for two days by three classes, which means a total of six times, is enough to scare me. I wonder what kind of condition it’s in.

“Yeah, well, there might be lots of grime or some kind of insect,” I listed. Jeongmin shuddered at the thought, obviously taking back what he said.

“Ok, fine, it is bad. But we can do it together!” he pumped his fist encouragingly. I smiled and nodded, pumping my fist as well. Maybe it won’t be so bad after all, cleaning the toilets with my class. Besides, we help each other lots.

We finally made it to the toilet and walked in, looking at the state of the cubicles. True enough, there were insects and worms. I wonder how we didn’t see them when we bathed. We must have been way too tired to care about anything.

“I’ll help you guys, but there’s a lot to do and we only have an hour, alright? Let’s get to work!” Jongwoon hyung shouted and handed out cleaning equipment to us. We all shouted a ‘Hwaiting!’ and started to clean the place up.

There were four cubicles, the outside of the toilet, and the shower area, so we split up. In my group were Donghyun, Woohyun, Taemin and me, and we were cleaning the shower area. As for the toilets, they were cleaned in pairs. The outside of the toilet would be cleaned by the others since it was the biggest area.

I started to fill a pail with water to wash all the soil away. I really don’t understand how we managed to dirty this place so much yet not notice anything.

“Ryeowook hyung, are you done?” Taemin asked. I turned to face him and nodded, turning the faucet off and splashing some water onto the floor. We began to use the floor scrubbers that Jongwoon hyung had given use and squatted down, scrubbing the floors with all our might. It’s a good thing that we have rubber gloves or I’d go crazy disinfecting my hands later.

It took us forever to get all the mud to the drain and wash it down with water. After that, Donghyun swept the remaining hair and stuff to the drain as well. Woohyun picked the hair up with his gloves, grimacing at the sight of the bunch of hair, and he threw it into a trash bag.

Next, I mopped the floor and Taemin washed everything back down the drain. Before we knew it, we were done! Of course we had to clean the cleaning equipment and return them, but we’re done with the disgusting part! Well, given that it took forty-five minutes…

We washed the floor scrubbers, mop, broom and pail, and put them all together at the side. We then washed the rubber gloves before taking them off and washing our hands properly.

By the time all of us were done cleaning up, it was time to head back. YEAH! I’ve never been so excited to get out of here before, like really.

Jongwoon hyung gathered us outside the toilet.

“Good job guys! Now you’re starting to look like a class. Come on; let’s head back to the field ok? I will debrief you and you’ll have your last reflection period before we prepare to go back home, got it?” he asked. We replied enthusiastically, and I literally dreamt about sleeping on my soft, fluffy bed.

Once we were in the field, Teukie umma got the facilitators to return the equipment while he gave us a short talk about the camp.

“How was it?”

“It was amazing! Tiring, yes, but amazing nonetheless!” this non-Korean guy shouted.

“Yeah, Xander’s right! We really bonded a whole lot, Leeteuk hyung,” Siwon agreed.

“That’s nice to know. Well before you know it, we’ll be heading back to school. Before that, your facilitators will be debriefing you guys and getting you to do your last reflection, arasso?”

“Ne!”

He then called the facilitators to gather their own classes and start to debrief us.

“Come here,” Jongwoon hyung led us to our usual debriefing area.

“How was the camp?” Jongwoon hyung asked.

“It was really fun, with the exception of losing to Class 1-3,” Seungho said.

“We all enjoyed the camp, that’s for sure!” Hyunseung exclaimed happily.

“I didn’t,” Kwangmin sighed. Right, he’s still injured.

“You did outdoor cooking and kayaking though, didn’t you?” Jongwoon hyung questioned.

“But I was left out of the bonding games!” Kwangmin whined. The whole class laughed at his childishness and he pouted even more.

“Hyung, what happens after camp?” Seulong asked.

“For one thing, your lessons will begin,” Jongwoon hyung started. We all groaned at the prospect of having to begin lessons again. We were having fun!

“Hey, lessons aren’t that bad,” Hyunseong countered. He likes lessons?

“I agree with that. But hyung, if someone doesn’t take the same course as you, will you get to do any projects with him?” Hoya asked. Jongwoon hyung shook his head.

“NOOO!” Sungjong cried in despair. He is such a drama queen.

“It’s ok Jongie; you have me,” Myungsoo tried to comfort the younger male.

“But Hoya hyung…” Sungjong looked as if he were on the verge of tears.

“Doesn’t that mean that we’d have to change our dance formations?” Sunggyu and Minwoo asked at the same time. Jongwoon hyung nodded at them morosely.

“Yes, you do. Unless the dance, rap and music teachers decide to get you guys to merge and do a project together, you won’t work with each other,” he explained.

“But hyung, do people usually take higher cooking?” Jongjin asked. Jongwoon hyung smiled and shook his head, causing Jongjin to sigh.

“Oh wait, I heard that some of the U-Kiss guys are. For example, Eli is taking higher cooking,” Jongwoon hyung suddenly remembered.

“Then what else happens after camp?” Donghyun asked. I just know what’s going to come.

“I won’t be with you guys anymore,” Jongwoon hyung sighed. He actually looked reluctant to leave our class. I don’t want him to leave either!

The whole class started protesting, making Jongwoon hyung shut us up.

“We have to get you to do your reflections. Come on,” he told us and we took out our reflection booklets. I saw that he used the back of his hand to wipe his eyes. He was probably tearing. Aww, hyung, you’ll miss our class won’t you?

He gave us the four questions to our last reflection. Honestly, I feel like crying too. How can they let us bond so much with our facilitator only to take him away a week later? That’s just unfair, to both the facilitator and class.

I sighed and opened my ears up to catch the questions. And they were:

1. Do you believe that the camp has been useful in bonding your class?
2. How do you feel about this camp?
3. Who else do you think you’ve bonded with apart from your classmates?
4. How are you going to continue bonding?

Question 4 was the same as yesterday’s question, but the others are different… kind of.

I answered them reluctantly, knowing that the camp was coming to an end and I wouldn’t see Jongwoon hyung as much as before. Heck, we just confessed and got together! Now we’re going to be separated again by hours and hours of lessons.

I doubt I’d be called again but I couldn’t be bothered even if I was. I answered the questions quickly.

1. Yup, it sure was! Without the camp, I probably wouldn’t have found out about my cabin mates’ weird habits or secrets, and I wouldn’t have known much about the couples in class. ^^
2. I loved it to the max! I don’t ever want camp to end but it will, and this means that my time with Jongwoon hyung will be so much shorter than before! Sure, we live next to each other, but our alone time in school is shortened. T.T
3. Well, obviously Jongwoon hyung. And by bonded, do you mean get together? Cause we did~
4. We SO have to organize class outings and stuff. If not, we should just hang out and do homework together! I mean most of us take music anyway :)

As expected, I wasn’t called up. Instead, Dongwoo was called up to answer the first question.

Jongwoon hyung started to read Dongwoo’s answer out.

“I definitely bonded alright! I found out so much about my cabin mates and my other classmates throughout the entire camp, especially about their abilities,” Jongwoon hyung gave Dongwoo his book back and thought for a while.

“Donghyun,” he called.

“Camp was awesome! I’ve never had so much fun with any of my previous classes before! I don’t really want camp to end since lessons will start and we won’t get to see Jongwoon hyung as often anymore. Damn,” Jongwoon hyung read and smiled bitterly. It’s so damn obvious that he’s reluctant to leave us.

“Jeongmin?” he decided hesitantly. His voice cracked slightly and he was really going to break down.

“I’ve bonded with my cabin mates and other classmates, but mostly I’ve gotten closer to my cabin mates. I also got closer to Sungjong and Taemin who are the same age as me. Next, Hyunseung,” he called. From my point of view, I could see Jongwoon hyung’s tears glistening in his eyes.

“We’ll get Jongwoon hyung to help, of course! He’s so amazing in putting events together isn’t he? I mean sure, Leeteuk hyung planned most of orientation, but Jongwoon hyung’s improvisation is just pro, like really. Jongwoon hyung, go out with us ne?”

By the time Jongwoon hyung finished reading Hyunseung’s answer, he had already let the tears fall. He sniffled and passed Hyunseung’s book back to him, trying to control his tears. Great job, Hyunseung. Your answer was touching enough to make hyung cry.

Before we knew it, the entire class was crying. We don’t want Jongwoon hyung to go, most of all me. Even Jongjin seemed like he didn’t want his brother to leave the class. Jongwoon hyung is the best senior, facilitator and friend that one could ask for, and for me, the best boyfriend.

I held my tears in, wanting to look strong. I walked up to Jongwoon hyung and drew him into my arms. Jongwoon hyung didn’t even care about his pride and just cried in my chest. It was a little awkward cause I’m shorter than hyung, but we managed. As soon as he was in my embrace, I began to cry too.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

After a good ten minutes of crying, we settled down and decided that we need to go. Jongwoon hyung still had that look plastered onto his face, and my heart just broke. I can’t bear seeing hyung so sad, dammit.

“Jongwoon hyung, come here,” I told him. Everyone else was in their cabin, grabbing their stuff. As for me, my stuff was already outside. I had taken everything out and gone to find Jongwoon hyung as quickly as possible.

Hyung was carrying his bags and he walked over to me. His eyes were still puffy from crying for ten minutes straight. He stopped in front of me and put his bags down, tilting his head to look at me curiously. KYAAAAA hyung is SO cute!

“Ne, Wookie?” he asked in confusion. I smiled and shook my head, wrapped my arms around his neck and giving him a light kiss on the lips. Well, it started out as a light kiss. Within seconds, hyung was nibbling on my lower lip, obviously asking for entrance. And me? I let him, parting my lips slightly so that his tongue could explore my mouth.

Thankfully, there wasn’t anyone who saw us making out before we broke apart for air. I could tell that my lips were starting to get swollen from the short make-out session just seconds ago.

“Sungie hyung, don’t be too upset. You can still meet the class during recess, right?” I reminded him.

“Yeah, that is true. Thanks Wookie, for accepting me,” he said sincerely. I shook my head furiously.

“What do you mean? I should be the one thanking you, for loving me,” I replied. Wow. We’ve only been in a relationship for a day and we’re already so cheesy. Heck, our relationship isn’t exactly official yet, either.

It was about time for everyone to gather and take attendance, so Jongwoon hyung and I pretended to have not seen each other before this. I sat down on the damp grass while waiting for the rest of my class. It is still winter, so it’s rather cold and my is practically getting frozen.

Slowly, the other classes began to gather and sit in rows of two. The facilitators walked down the rows, marking our attendance and ensuring that all the cabins were emptied. I heard that if there were somebody’s belongings left behind, those in the cabin would be punished rather severely.

After all that, it was 12.03pm and the buses were already gathering near the entrance of the camp. Home sweet home, here I come!

We piled into the bus together with Jongwoon hyung and started fighting for seats. The Infinite and Boyfriend guys did, anyway. In the end, Infinite won the backseats. WooGyu sat separately from the other five who just managed to fit in the back row.

Meanwhile, as the others just sat with their normal partners, I sat beside Jongwoon hyung. Jongjin seemed a little upset about having to sit alone, and I felt guilty. Jongwoon hyung had told me that it would be fine. Jongjin would end up falling asleep against the window no matter what.

As the bus started, I felt my eyelids start to droop down. I fought the lethargy that threatened to overtake me and I lost. Eventually, I fell asleep on Jongwoon hyung’s shoulder. He was humming ‘It Has to Be You’ softly as a lullaby. Jongwoon hyung pressed a small kiss onto my forehead just as I dozed off. I slept like a baby, smiling for the entire ride back to school.

When we arrived at school, Jongwoon hyung shook my shoulders lightly. I yawned and stretched, blinking my eyes a few times to get adjusted to the brightness.

“We’re here?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. Hyung smiled and nodded, standing up to go and wake everyone else up. I yawned again, leaning against the window and looking out. We are back in school! Wait. Why am I happy? Aish.

Within five minutes, hyung had managed to wake everyone up – except for Youngmin and Dongwoo – and we got off the bus, thanking the ahjusshi who drove us back. Minwoo had managed to scream at Youngmin loudly enough while Hoya just carried Dongwoo bridal-style.

“Let’s go to the foyer and wait for the other classes to get back. Leeteuk wants to mark your attendance again and gather some feedback about the camp before he’ll dismiss you,” Jongwoon hyung told us. I groaned inwardly, wanting to jump onto my soft bed at home.

We sat down on the concrete floor, already beginning to chat amongst ourselves. I could see that Jongwoon hyung was tired too, so I patted the floor beside me, gesturing for him to sit down, to which he gladly obliged. As he sat down, he automatically took hold of my hand and I appreciated it.

While waiting, I nearly dozed off again, but Jongwoon hyung managed to keep me awake by chatting about Kkoming with me. It was pretty random though. At least he managed to keep me awake.

“What happened to her after that day?” I asked in concern. I haven’t really bothered to find out much about Kkoming since she fell sick the other time.

“She’s fine now, since she has her medicine which umma gives her every morning and night. Besides, it isn’t the first time she’s down with a fever,” Jongwoon hyung shrugged.

“But you tricked me into going over even though you knew that I have a fear of dogs?” I asked, raising my brow inquisitively. I still haven’t gotten my revenge for that you know.

“I just wanted to help you overcome your fear. Since we’re together now, anyway, you’ll be coming over a lot more often won’t you?” hyung asked me. I gulped at the thought of going near Kkoming a few more times, nearly freaking out.

“Y-yeah, I guess,” I stuttered. Hyung looked worried but didn’t say anything.

Just then, Leeteuk hyung cleared his throat loudly to get our attention.

“Ok, facilitators, let’s mark your classes’ attendance again,” he instructed. Jongwoon hyung sighed and released his grip on my hand, standing up with his class name list and walking down the rows to ensure that everyone was present.

As Youngwoon hyung was marking his class’s attendance, I could feel his murderous glare boring into my back. He must have seen Jongwoon hyung and me holding hands.

After the facilitators finished marking the attendance of every class, Leeteuk hyung went to the front and started speaking again.

“Now, we’ll give out feedback forms which you guys have to fill in. It’s the school that wants feedback, so bear with us for a while,” Leeteuk umma apologised and bowed before passing a stack of forms to the first person of each row.

We filled in the forms halfheartedly, not even bothering to look at the questions. There was that standard ‘Any suggestions?’ question which I put in effort to answer. Actually, I just requested for a longer camp, but hey, it’s better than my other answers.

We returned the forms and Leeteuk collected them before putting the stack of papers to one side.

“Three cheers and three cheers and three cheers for camp! Hip-hip?” Leeteuk umma shouted.

“HOORAY!”

“Hip-hip?”

“HOORAY!”

“HIP-HIP?”

“HOORAY!!!” we cheered enthusiastically. The entire cohort applauded and Leeteuk umma gathered the facilitators. All six of them bowed a ninety-degree bow before waving to us, signaling our dismissal. Everyone dispersed but Jongjin, me and the facilitators.

“Hyung, you heading home yet?” Jongjin asked. Jongwoon hyung shook his head and Jongjin shrugged. “I’ll be heading back first then,” he informed Jongwoon hyung.

“Sure. See you later,” Jongwoon hyung answered and Jongjin waved to us before he went home as well. The remaining seven of us headed to the canteen and sat down, waiting for the other Super Junior members to be dismissed.

“Why didn’t we get the other four to stay?” Heechul hyung asked, groaning in annoyance.

“We forgot, ok? Now Ryeowook, what were you doing just now?” Youngwoon hyung asked. Yes, he did see Jongwoon hyung and me holding hands. Darn.

“It’s actually a funny story. You see…” I started awkwardly but was stopped by Jongwoon hyung.

“We’ll just come clean, alright?” Jongwoon hyung looked at me, as if asking for permission to tell hyung about our relationship. I shrugged. We can’t hide this forever now can we?

“Come clean about what?” Shindong hyung asked in confusion.

“And what’d they do?” Hankyung hyung wasn’t too clear about what was going on either.

Jongwoon hyung took a deep breath to calm down.

“Wookie and I are together.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Muahahaha! XD Wookie and Yesung are together AT LONG LAST :D

The next chappie probably will be about the next school day which is… three days later. I’ll explain what Youngwoon did to Yesung with a flashback and the story’s gonna be in Yesung’s POV ^^

Did you guys like this chappie? I hope you did cause I’m adding more skinship and YEWOOK ARE TOGETHER! Like officially! ;D

Ok, I’ll see you guys again next week and don’t forget to leave a comment at the bottom of the page. Annyeong guys! :)