Nightwalk and an awkward confession

You're Mine

 

(Continued)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

Jongjin, Woohyun, Hoya and I, being the only people who take cooking, gave out orders rapidly before we started on making the curry. We were given two hours to prepare all the food, which was more than enough time.

We turned to look at Class 1-3 who seemed to be making some kind of salad and chicken pasta. Eli seemed pretty professional about cooking.

Some people helped to prepare the cheese hotdog while the others either helped in making the curry or just made the ‘menu’ for our restaurant.

Yes, we had to think of a name as well. But I’m sure the menu team – Myungsoo, Jeongmin, Minwoo and G.O. – would think of something good. All we were in charge of was preparing the food.

It’s sad that we don’t have a stove to cook over, just a fire. So basically, we somehow have to get this small pot of curry over that fire and remove it without burning ourselves. Then again, there are handles on the pot for a reason. Hehehe.

Jongjin and I worked well together, maybe because we’re neighbours and all. Woohyun and Hoya fit quite well into the team, too. We managed to mix the curry within thirty minutes. The other team who was making cheese hotdogs were also almost done. They had to make theirs presentable so maybe that’s why it’s taking so long.

We began to cook our curry over the fire that the twins, Hoya, and Dongwoo, had started with a matchstick. Woohyun went over to supervise the cheese hotdog team that had to do some decorations. I went over to the menu team to check on them while Jongjin stayed behind. I think he was one of the only people who would take higher cooking.

 “G.O., how’s it going?” I asked upon approaching them.

“We’ve done the border and all. We’re trying out fonts for the menu. We haven’t thought of a name yet, though,” Jeongmin said.

“Our class comprises of twenty people and is called 1-4… If I ignore the number of people in class, why not call ourselves ‘The Fantastic Four’?” I suggested.

“Ryeowook hyung, there’s no originality in that,” Minwoo told me.

“I was kind of thinking something like twenty-one. You know, cause our class has Yesung hyung too. And not to mention the fact that we’re in Year 1. But I don’t know how to write it,” Myungsoo explained.

I took a piece of their rough paper and started drawing on it. In the end, I wrote 2NE1.

“What’s with the ‘NE’?” Minwoo asked curiously.

“I was thinking of something like ‘New Era’?” I said unsurely.

“Yesung hyung, is this name alright?” G.O. asked. Jongwoon hyung came over to us and widened his eyes, seeming a little surprised.

“You know that the female counterpart of our school has a clique who calls themselves 2NE1? How did you think of this? That clique is nice, so there shouldn’t be any problem with using their name. They might even be happy that you thought of the exact same thing as them,” Jongwoon hyung commented.

“My high school senior told me about her clique which was called 2NE1. Her name was Sandara Park,” I told them. Everyone nodded and Myungsoo began writing more fonts.

“Thanks Yesung hyung,” Jeongmin said. Jongwoon hyung smiled and went off to talk to Hankyung hyung again.

“Well guys, good luck designing the menu. I’ll get back and check on the curry,” I told them before leaving to find Jongjin.

By the time I got back, the curry was almost done. The cheese hotdog was also finished and all they had to do was cook it for a short while. Then that leaves us with a lot of time.

After we were done with the curry, we took it off the fire and Jongjin tasted it. He said that it was not bad, and by his standards, that meant that the curry was good.

“Do we have rice to eat with the curry?” I asked.

“No, we don’t,” Woohyun answered me, horrified.

“How many credits do we have left?” Jongjin asked.

“Three,” Sunggyu replied. I took those three credits and ran to the ‘store’.

“Jongwoon hyung, do you have rice?” I panted.

“Well we do but three credits aren’t enough to cover the cost. We can give you less rice for those three credits though. The original price for a bowl is five credits. I can give you half of a bowl,” he told me.

“Arasso,” I replied and he filled a bowl with rice, around the half mark. “Thanks hyung!” and I ran off to wash the rice before we would cook it.

We had forty-five minutes left and all we had to do was to cook the rice. After we were done with that, we were left with half an hour and we used the remaining ingredients to make a few more cheese hotdogs. The Sung brothers were decorating the curry somehow.

The thirty minutes passed by in a flash and before we knew it, it was time for tasting and the final decision would be made. I didn’t even realise that Kyuhyun was in Class 1-3 until now.

The two facilitators stepped out to taste the food that we had prepared. Hankyung hyung seemed extremely impressed by the curry and cheese hotdog. On the other hand, Jongwoon hyung was just neutral with Class 1-3’s food.

“I’m sorry to say this, but Class 1-4 wins!” Hankyung hyung announced and started clapping.

“Yeah, I agree. Class 1-3’s chicken pasta, which was the main dish, turned out kind of weirdly, didn’t it?” Jongwoon hyung asked.

“About that, it’s cause we failed the first two times and ran out of ingredients. Niel contributed to our failure as well!” Eli pointed at one guy who looked like a frog.

“That I have to agree with. C.A.P. here was distracting me,” Niel complained. I remember him now. He was in my group during the treasure hunt yesterday!

“The two classes may now eat your own food. Class 1-4 will also get more food for dinner later on,” Jongwoon hyung told us. “Now I’ll give you ten minutes to finish the food and then another five minutes to pack up. We have to go to our next destination soon.”

We shared the curry rice with our classmates and all of us helped to wash all the utensils. We assembled with Class 1-3 before we left the outdoor cooking location. On the way out, I spotted Kevin and Kiseop clinging onto each other. I also saw Henry and I gave him a ‘hwaiting’.

We found out that our next activity would be kayaking. In teams of four, we had to cooperate and work together. Then we were to race against Class 1-3.

When we reached the kayaking location, the two facilitators began to teach us how to kayak. They grouped us and we began to practice. I was grouped with Sunggyu, Donghyun and Dongwoo. We didn’t go very fast at the start, but we slowly got the hang of it and began to do things more quickly. I wonder how Kwangmin’s group would do it, though.

I looked over at their group and apparently, Kwangmin was using only his left hand to row the kayak. They seemed pretty good at it. Strange.

We were called to number our groups and before we knew it, we were up against Class 1-3’s Group 4. It comprised of Bang Yongguk, L.Joe, Yoseob, and Choi Jonghun.

“Ready, get set… GO!”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Class 1-4 loses for kayaking. Class 1-3 wins and hence, they will get to shower before Class 1-4 tonight. People please pack all your kayaks and get ready to go for dinner. But firstly, you guys go and change before dinner. I don’t want you catching a cold,” Hankyung hyung instructed.

All forty of us hurried to keep the kayaks and lifejackets. We grabbed our daypacks and rushed towards the toilets. It’s not like we needed to go into the cubicles or anything but we just wanted to compete. I’d bet its cause of the activities we just had.

After changing, we assembled in our classes and were brought to the dining area for dinner.

This time, we did the cheer again and were allowed to eat. We got bibimbab again. I have a feeling that all of our meals will be bibimbab. Well, maybe with the exception of breakfast.

After eating, we were supposed to retire to our cabins for an hour break. However, I was told by Hyunseong to meet the others in the field, and tell my cabin-mates as well. I just did as he told and went to find the other four.

“Hey guys, Hyunseong told us to meet the other classmates in the field,” I told them.

“It’s Jeongmin’s birthday and we managed to sneak a cake in with Jongwoon hyung’s help. Minwoo and Donghyun hyung are getting the cake now while Hyunseong stalls for time,” Youngmin informed us. We nodded in understanding and headed to the field where everyone else was.

“You guys know why we’re here, right?” Kwangmin asked our class.

“Yeah!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“So when we see Hyunseong, we prepare and then start to sing. Then we’ll just play around and leave everyone half an hour for break. Is that alright?” Kwangmin asked.

“No problem,” Hoya replied.

Donghyun and Minwoo returned with the cake and lit the candles, waiting for Hyunseong to appear. Barely a minute later, Hyunseong ran into the field, panting.

“He’s going to reach in five, four, three, two… one!” Hyunseong counted down and as he predicted, Jeongmin appeared at the count of one. We erupted into a loud chorus of the birthday song and Jeongmin looked just as surprised as one could be.

After we were done, he started crying and hugged Hyunseong tightly. Aww…

“T-thanks you guys,” Jeongmin choked out while crying. Hyunseong smiled and patted Jeongmin’s back in comfort, pressing his lips on the younger male’s crown.

“You’re welcome!” Minwoo squeaked. “But we’re not done.”

Minwoo used his finger to scoop up some of the cake icing and smeared it on Jeongmin’s cheek.

“CAKE SMASH!” Dongwoo shouted and took some cream as well, joining in the fun. By now, Jeongmin had stopped crying and began chasing after Minwoo, as well as Dongwoo.

Hoya who protected Dongwoo was hit by Minwoo, who was then chased by Sungjong. Hyunseong aimed for Minwoo but hit Donghyun instead. Also, Myungsoo who was helped by Sungyeol was helping Sungjong. Basically, all the couples got involved. At some point in time, I was hit, as well as Sunggyu. Hence, we all joined in the fight.

In the end, all the cake was used for our cake fight and our faces were smeared in cake. Some of my hair was screwed up, too. NOOOO!

After we finished using all the cake and had a good laugh, we decided to go and wash the cake off of our hair before we returned to our respective cabins.

Jongwoon hyung had told us earlier on that we would be having the night walk next. And it was supposed to be done solo.

“Are you guys freaked out about the night walk?” I asked. We were settled down on our beds, resting before the night walk.

“Sure as hell. I’ve never been the bravest person around and now we suddenly have to do a solo night walk in some forest. I wonder if we can beg the facilitators to let us go in pairs…” Sungyeol shuddered at the thought of going for the night walk alone.

“But I doubt they’ll let us choose our pairs,” G.O. pointed out.

“It doesn’t matter. Those who want to go alone can do so and the others will be paired up by the facilitators,” Hoya shrugged. “I know Dongwoo and Jongie are really scared but I want to go alone,” Hoya said.

“Yeah well good luck to you my friend,” Youngmin sighed. “If possible, I’ll go with Kwangmin. But like G.O. mentioned, we probably can’t choose our partners.”

“Then we hope for the best. Who do you think will go alone?” I asked curiously.

“Besides me, Woohyun might want to try. Myungsoo… maybe he would. The others like Jongie, Yeollie, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu would never ever go alone,” Hoya said.

“Yeah. Myungie might just decide to go alone,” Sungyeol agreed.

“Hyunseong hyung and Donghyun hyung might try to go alone. Minwoo might too, cause he’s a brave kid. Oh wait… he isn’t. The two eldest amongst Boyfriend might go alone,” Youngmin concluded.

“Jongjin will definitely go alone. As for Seulong, he doesn’t really have anyone to go with but he looks brave. Hyunseung won’t go alone for sure. Neither would Taemin,” I said.

“I know Seungho might want to go alone, and so do I,” G.O. ended the discussion.

“Let’s go. It’s almost time to gather,” I told them and went outside to put my shoes on. We went to the field together and gathered within our classes.

“The facilitators have discussed this and we’ve decided that we’ll allow you guys to go in pairs. However, we will be deciding who pairs up with whom. Firstly, who wants to go alone?” Teukie umma asked. About forty to fifty hands were raised and those brave people were selected to go first.

Teukie umma then paired the remaining people up within their classes. The other facilitators were already at their hiding place, no doubt.

“I’m staying here to give instructions. The first person may go now. The facilitators are hiding in the darkness but they’ll tell you where to turn. It should take no more than five minutes,” Teukie umma said and the first person, Siwon, went off.

Then every minute, another person would go. It continued like that for everyone, including the pairs. It wasn’t long until I was due to go with Dongwoo.

We both held each other’s hands tightly, as if we would die if we let go. As we walked past a tree, we saw a crossroad in front of us.

Then we suddenly heard an eerie voice.

“Go towards the left…”

It was Heechul hyung’s voice, but I think I slapped him in the face due to fear.

“KYAAA!” I screeched and started whacking the figure beside the tree.

“YAH! Kim Ryeowook, don’t hit me like that! I can tell that it’s you,” Heechul hyung hissed and hit my head back. “Just go to the left, sheesh.”

We followed directions and again, we met a crossroad. This time, I expected someone to talk to us and tell us the directions. However, all we saw was a figure pointing to the right.

“Hello?” Dongwoo called out.

The facilitator couldn’t hold his laughter and exploded.

I recognise this person as Shindong hyung.

“Shindong hyung! How could you scare me like that?” I whined.

“Ryeowook? Oh I’m sorry. It’s part of my job,” Shindong hyung laughed a little more. “Just go to the right and you’ll be just fine.”

“Thank you,” Dongwoo said and we walked to the right.

After some time, we met a crossroad again. And again, we spotted a dark silhouette beside some plant. I could so recognise who this was.

“Youngwoon hyung!”

“Ryeowook? Just go up,” my hyung told us, pointing towards the slope on his left.

“Thanks hyung,” I said and pulled Dongwoo with me.

We were nearly done. There were just two more facilitators to go through.

I didn’t even notice that there was a crossroad in front of us until I heard a voice. It sounded like that of a little girl. Holy crap.

“Left, left, left…” and the voice just kept playing.

“AHHH!” Dongwoo and I both screamed and started whacking the air where the sound was coming from. We heard some rustling and a person stepped out. The sound had also stopped playing.

“Guys, just follow the directions. I’m Hankyung, by the way,” Hankyung hyung told us.

We thanked him before leaving towards the left.

“BOO!”

“KYAAA!”

“Did I scare you? I did, didn’t I? Success!”

It was Jongwoon hyung’s voice for sure.

“Yesung hyung?” Dongwoo asked.

“Ne. Just keep going straight and you should see the lights from your cabins. Good luck!” Jongwoon hyung cheered us on and we followed his instructions.

“There, Dongwoo!” I exclaimed excitedly while pointing towards the light. We began running but halfway there, I felt something brush past my arm.

“Dongwoo, was that you?” I asked, my voice quivering in fear.

“I felt it too. It wasn’t you, right hyung?” Dongwoo asked back.

We looked around and saw that it was a bat that had touched us.

“AHHHHHH!” we shouted and ran for our lives.

“Whoa, Dongwoo, chill. You’re out,” Hoya said and hugged his boyfriend. They were that obvious.

Dongwoo let go of me hand and thanked me before hugging Hoya tightly. He seemed like he was on the verge of tears. Well I was too, but I didn’t want to cry, so I held it in.

We went back to sit down at where our other classmates were at.

“Jongjin, you went alone right?” I asked. Jongjin turned to me and nodded while smiling.

“I found that it was pretty fun. I mean I can recognise all of the hyungs, especially my own hyung. And I happen to be a fan of horror films,” Jongjin told me cheekily.

“Really? I was scared out of my wits,” I admitted.

“Yeah, I heard you screaming,” Jongjin teased. I hit his head while pouting.

“It isn’t funny. I was really scared,” I told him.

“Well your screams scared the waiting people more,” Jongjin said.

Oh yeah, the waiting people. I wonder how they felt when they heard me screaming as if this night walk was the scariest thing in the world. I only screamed cause I was shocked, ok?

“I would’ve only screamed three times, but on the way back, this bat brushed past my arm. It was kind of freaky,” I explained.

“Excuses,” Jongjin stuck his tongue out.

“Let’s just wait for the other people,” I said, wanting to save myself the embarrassment.

“Fine by me,” Jongjin agreed and we sat there in silence.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

After some time – fine, a lot of time – everybody finally returned from the night walk.

Sungjong was scared as hell too. So was Minwoo. I don’t even understand why there are people who dare to take this night walk alone. It was so freaky!

We were told to settle down before Teukie umma started speaking.

“Everyone, how was the night walk?” Teukie umma asked. “I heard some people screaming, such as Ryeowook,” Teukie umma winked at me.

“I agree. Ryeowook, for one, was very scared by us,” Heechul joined in in teasing me.

“Yah!” I protested. Everybody turned to look at me and I blushed.

“Guys, stop bullying Wookie. He was just scared. I know some other people who were scared, such as Taemin, Kevin, Niel and Key. It’s just cause you know Wookie that you’re picking on him. Besides, I remember something about Leeteuk screaming his lungs out during his first night walk, right?” Jongwoon hyung asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Teukie umma.

Thanks for standing up for me, Jongwoon hyung. I know that it isn’t easy to speak against two of your hyungs and I’m really grateful to you for that.

“Yeah. I screamed a lot too, Heechul hyung,” some guy from Class 1-2 said.

“Hongki, you do not want to go against me. I’ve already recruited you as a Chocoball member so if you come and talk back to me…” Heechul hyung threatened.

“But hyung, you weren’t being fair to Ryeowook by picking on him just cause he’s with your clique,” Hongki argued. Heechul hyung sighed.

“Ok, fine. You win, Hongki. I’m sorry for teasing you, Ryeowook. It’s just that I’m kind of pissed that you whacked my face. I didn’t tell you, did I, Hannie?” Heechul hyung turned to Hankyung hyung.

A lot of us started to make pretend gagging sounds.

“Hyungs, you guys are really together?” one guy asked.

“Yes, Chunji. Aren’t we obvious enough? We go to school together and make out whenever we can. Isn’t that enough to show how much we love each other?” Hankyung hyung replied.

“Ugh, don’t even start. Chanhee, stop asking questions like that,” the guy beside Chunji complained.

“Sorry Byunghun babe,” Chunji apologised. Then they kind of had a make-up kiss. Everyone has a boyfriend, god dammit. Or at least everyone’s attached. Sheesh I feel so lonely.

“I understand that I’m very touchy-feely with Hannie, but you guys are juniors so don’t do that. We’ll dispatch the classes to shower. It’ll be in order of classes, but then you guys had activities earlier on so there are some classes that get to bathe first,” Heechul hyung said.

“Yes. Classes 1-2, 1-3 and 1-6 will be bathing first, followed by Classes 1-1, 1-4, and lastly Class 1-5,” Shindong hyung continued.

“After showering, you will gather in your classes in the field at 11.30pm. Your respective facilitators will debrief you and ask you guys to do a reflection in the notebooks that you were told to bring. Lights out by 12.15am got it?” Youngwoon hyung asked.

“Ne,” the cohort replied enthusiastically. At the thought of bathing, everyone perked up.

“I have to say that there are limited cubicles and only ninety minutes for all of you to bathe. There are showers outside the cubicles that can be used but if you value your privacy, then you may choose to use the cubicles. But I’m reminding you guys that you have to be quick. The good thing is that there are two toilets to bathe in so each class gets half an hour to bathe, understand?” Teukie umma asked.

“Ne!” we answered with the same level of enthusiasm.

“Heechul and Hankyung, you guys bring your classes to the respective toilets. You guys can bathe too. The rest of you, return to your cabins. I expect to see Classes 1-6 and 1-1 out in the field with your showering stuff at 10.30pm,” Teukie umma instructed.

“Classes 1-4 and 1-5, please gather in the field at 11pm with your toiletries. Until then, you guys can rest for the next half hour. You may sleep, but please make sure you gather on time,” Jongwoon hyung told us.

“Get back to your cabins,” Teukie umma ordered. We all went back, Classes 1-2 and 1-3 being more hyper since they wanted to bathe quickly.

“Let’s go guys,” Jongwoon hyung told us and headed towards our cabins.

When I went back into my cabin with the other four, Jongwoon hyung followed us in as well.

“Jongwoon hyung? What are you doing here?” I asked in confusion.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m elated that hyung’s in my cabin. But isn’t it a little weird that he suddenly came in here? Wait a minute…

“Yesung hyung, out!” Sungyeol shouted angrily. Yup, Sungyeol had noticed it too.

Jongwoon hyung… HE DIDN’T TAKE HIS SHOES OFF.

“GET OUT!” Youngmin screeched while pointing at the door.

“I don’t want to be rude, hyung, but please go out and take your shoes off,” Hoya said calmly.

“Go out hyung, and take your shoes off before coming back in,” G.O. agreed.

“Look at our used-to-be-clean cabin! It has mud stains at the entrance! NOOO!” I exclaimed, horrified. I know I’m being a drama queen but it really took a lot of effort to make the cabin so clean you know?

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Jongwoon hyung apologised and hurried out.

“AHHH! YOU JUST DIRTIED THAT AREA!” Sungyeol yelled and glared at Jongwoon hyung.

“HYUNG!” Youngmin whined.

“Ok, my shoes are off. Wow your cabin is clean,” Jongwoon hyung commented as if nothing had happened in the past two minutes.

“Hyung,” I growled.

“Clean. The. Floor.” All five of us gave him our best death glare. “Or else.”

“I’m just going to get the mop…” Jongwoon hyung said and dashed off to the storeroom.

He returned about a minute later with a mop and a pail of water. He then went on with mopping all the places that he had stepped on earlier.

Before we knew it, he had finished mopping the floor and our cabin was in its original condition again – clean.

Jongwoon hyung returned the cleaning equipment before coming back to our cabin and this time, he remembered to take his shoes off. I guess anyone would learn their lesson after cleaning the floor for us, just cause he forgot to take his shoes off.

“Yesung hyung, you’re quite forgetful aren’t you?” Hoya mused.

“Yeah. We asked you for paper this morning to write that warning on our door and half a day later, you forget everything,” G.O. chuckled lightly.

“Yah. Don’t bully your senior like that. Next year, I’ll get back at you,” Jongwoon hyung swore.

“You’ll still be here?” Youngmin asked.

“Yup. My clique has this thing about graduating together. That means that we’ll graduate with your batch unless we find more members next year,” Jongwoon hyung explained nonchalantly.

“That’s so cool! So I’m thinking that your clique is real bonded?” Sungyeol asked curiously.

“Yeah well there are three couples within us right now. Does that count?” Jongwoon hyung said and laughed. Although it was awkward, we laughed along with him to save him the embarrassment.

“Have you guys managed to bond by being in the same cabin?” Jongwoon hyung questioned.

“Well I guess so. We know more about each other after chatting in the morning. The camp is great for helping us bond, Jongwoon hyung. Especially since we’re grouped by you guys, so we’ll be with people we’re not close to and thus, bond,” I answered. The other four agreed with me and Jongwoon hyung smiled.

“Well tomorrow will be tiring so I hope you guys will have a good rest tonight. Remember, Leeteuk planned everything, so don’t ask me why your schedule seems so much more tiring than the others,” Jongwoon hyung winked at us.

“I have a seemingly bad feeling about this…” Hoya mumbled.

“I was just kidding. But not about the tiring part. I’m going to check on the other cabins now. See you guys in forty minutes,” Jongwoon hyung waved and left our cabin.

For the next forty minutes, we prepared our bathing things and chatted more. I don’t know why, but we just started talking about the camp and previous camps that we’ve attended.

Time flew by and it was 11pm. Time for us to bathe!

 

--------------------------------------------

 

As far as I know, the Infinite guys bathed in the public toilet together. After they were done, the Boyfriend guys bathed together as well. The other eight of us bathed in the cubicles. We all finished bathing within twenty minutes and we settled into our cabins to keep our stuff.

There were a few chairs in the cabin, so we decided to hang our wet towels there until the next day. Also, our toiletries were put neatly in one corner of the cabin so that it was more convenient for us to take when we shower tomorrow.

After we kept everything, we went to the field with our notebooks and pens to do our reflections.

“How was today?” Jongwoon hyung asked.

Our class was huddled together, away from the other classes.

“It was awesome!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

“I liked the outdoor cooking,” Woohyun agreed while smiling.

“We may have lost to Class 1-3 when it came to kayaking but who needs that? Cooking is more important!” Minwoo stated.

“So I can say that today was good? Even the night walk?” Jongwoon hyung asked.

“About that…” Taemin trailed off.

“It’s ok Taemin. I was with you all the way,” Sungjong patted Taemin and wrapped his arm around the latter’s shoulder.

“Yah!” Hoya and Myungsoo both complained.

“Ok, sheesh. Possessive people,” Sungjong rolled his eyes and took his hand off Taemin’s shoulder.

“The night walk was fun!” Jongjin argued.

“Are you crazy?” Kwangmin stared at Jongjin.

“My brother has a thing for horror,” Jongwoon hyung explained.

“He must be mad to have enjoyed that night walk,” Sunggyu clucked his tongue in disapproval.

“I agree with Jongjin that the night walk was fun,” G.O. said.

“It wasn’t that bad,” Myungsoo sighed. “Jongie and Yeollie were just being timid.”

“Kim Myungsoo!” Sungyeol protested. “How could you say that about me?”

“Myungsoo, you stop teasing your boyfriends. Sungyeol, shut up.” Sunggyu ordered.

“Ne Leader Gyu,” both of gave in.

“Boyfriends?” Hyunseung raised his brow, emphasising on the ‘s’.

“Yeah they have this love whatever-shape-it’s-called,” Seulong said.

That guy doesn’t talk much does he?

“How’d you know?” Jeongmin asked curiously.

“He rooms with Myungsoo, just like me. Jeongmin, you have to think more,” Hyunseong teased.

“Donghyun! Hyunseong just made fun of me!” Jeongmin whined to their leader.

“Jeongmin hyung, stay away from my boyfriend,” Minwoo warned.

“Minwoo, I’m not cheating on you. Hyunseong, shut up.” Donghyun told them. Sunggyu and he are really similar in their leading methods.

“I know about it too. Myungsoo was with Sungyeol and Hoya was with Dongwoo. Then they met Sungjong in high school. Myungsoo and Hoya fell in love with Sungjong but they still loved their boyfriends. Hence, they made this compromise and thus, Myungsoo and Hoya get to keep their boyfriends and get a new one,” Seungho explained to those who didn’t know.

Some of us looked at him in confusion.

“He rooms with Sungjong,” I explained.

“Ok, end of discussion. Now I need you guys to answer a few questions. Write them down in your notebooks and then take some time to think about them. I’ll ask read some people’s answers later so be serious. First question…”

I’ll just tell you guys the questions.

  1. How do you feel about today’s activities? Have you bonded?
  2. What was one thing that you didn’t do well?
  3. How can you improve yourself?
  4. What do you wish to accomplish tomorrow?

And my answers were…

  1. It was super fun! Of course I bonded! I became so much closer with my cabin-mates and the Infinite guys, especially Hoya and Woohyun. Cooking was wonderful and I hope to learn more from Jongjin. He’s such a good cook! :O
  2. I couldn’t exactly row the kayak well since I’m weak. I dragged Sunggyu, Donghyun and Dongwoo down because I couldn’t row the kayak in the same tempo as them, so they had to slow down to accommodate me. T.T
  3. I will TRY to work out and get some arm muscles. I doubt it’ll work but I’m willing to try. Maybe I’ll ask someone like my hyung to help me! :D
  4. I want to perform well for campfire night! I also hope to find out more about my classmates and maybe Jongwoon hyung ^^

After ten minutes or so, Jongwoon hyung told us to stop.

“Youngmin, what’d you write for question one? Let me see,” Jongwoon hyung held out his hand.

“But it’s kind of embarrassing…” Youngmin blushed slightly.

“I don’t care. I told you that I’ll pick some people to check their answers. So you enjoyed the outdoor cooking because you spent more time with your twin, huh? Ok,” Jongwoon hyung nodded and handed Youngmin his book back.

“Sungjong, question two,” Jongwoon hyung said.

“Ne hyung,” Sungjong replied and passed his book to Jongwoon hyung.

“You didn’t perform well for kayaking because you were weak. That’s not really your fault, you know. Not everyone has strength,” Jongwoon hung said and gave Sungjong’s book back.

“Jongjin, question three,” Jongwoon hyung grinned evilly.

“You didn’t do well for cooking? Are you freaking kidding me?” Jongwoon hyung asked incredulously.

“The curry wasn’t up to standard!” Jongjin exclaimed.

“It was PERFECT,” Woohyun told Jongjin firmly.

“Ryeowook, question four,” Jongwoon hyung walked over to me. Uh oh…

“You want to perform well for campfire night. Seems reasonable. You also want to find out more about your classmates and… maybe me?” Jongwoon hyung looked at me, bemused.

I started blushing and hid my face in my hands.

“Fine, I shan’t tease you. You guys seem to be closer after today. I hope that tomorrow’s activities will bond your class even more. You guys may go to sleep now. Lights out by 12.15am,” Jongwoon hyung returned my book to me. “And you, Wookie, shall be dealt with after camp.”

I gulped. What does he mean dealt with?

“Go to bed now. Goodnight!”

We all went back to our cabins for bed.

“Minwoo will wake you up tomorrow, Youngmin,” I told him.

“He’s the only one who can. Goodnight,” Youngmin yawned.

“Goodnight,” the rest of us chorused and Hoya turned the lights off.

I fell asleep quickly with Jongwoon hyung’s words lingering in my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I admit that I could've elaborated more about Jongwoon's threat but hey, what can I say? My brain juices were dry and I couldn't quite think of any more to write for that part :/ Oh well...
Wookie and Jongwoon are only gonna get closer from now on and the next few chappies will be all about the camp and what happens :)
I'm pretty long-winded so there are lots of parts that don't make any sense. They're just there to fill in the chapters ^^
Well I'll update again next week so see you guys then! Annyeong! AND COMMENT ><