The first day of school

You're Mine

 

(The first day of school)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

It was the first day of school again! A new school year has started, and Jongjin just entered my school as a freshman. Of course, as his elder brother, I have to show him around. Not to mention the fact that I was somehow made in charge of his class.

Technically, 2013 hasn’t started yet and we shouldn’t be having school tomorrow right? Since it’ll be New Year and we should celebrate. But nope, our school doesn’t swing that way. We start on the Monday of the first week of January, unless the first of January was a weekend. We hardly ever celebrate holidays, so we go to school for practically the entire year. Sure, we may have some school holidays and we don’t have school for a week in March and September, the entire of June and December, and some other holidays scattered around.

The usual holidays are the school’s anniversary, our principal’s birthday, when the school gets good results from the previous cohort, and when we win an award for our sports or aesthetics groups.

I was on the bus with Jongjin while flipping through the class profile. Jongjin was asleep since he had a pretty late night. He was out with his high school friends before they finally decided that they were graduates. They still keep in touch though, and they plan to hang out every now and then.

I stopped at a particular name: Kim Ryeowook.

This name sounded familiar. He was born on the 21st of June, 1987, just half a month older than Jongjin. Why do I have the impression that I know him?

I scanned through his profile quickly. He was a talented musician who often composed his own music. He was the brother of a certain Kim Youngwoon who was also in the school. Kangin.

I saw his address and was stunned for a moment. It’s just next to my unit. No wonder he seemed familiar. I’ve never spoke to him though. Just his brother.

I decided to stop looking through the class profile and looked up. We reached our stop and everyone was already getting out. And it was only minutes till school starts.

I shook Jongjin violently and grabbed my bag, sprinting to the door.

Jongjin was still sleepy and rubbed his eyes before looking around him. Only then did he notice that we had already arrived and that all our schoolmates were off the bus. All but one.

As Jongjin hurried towards me, I stared at the lone schoolmate. Then I slapped his cheek.

“Lee Sungmin, wake up or we’ll be late!” I shouted at him.

His eyes snapped open and he inhaled sharply before snatching his bag up from the seat and running off the bus. I followed after Jongjin got off as well.

“Thanks Yesung hyung! If it weren’t for you, I would have been on that bus all the way till it reached the bus terminal!” Sungmin exclaimed and hugged me.

“You know that you shouldn’t stay up so late. I bet you’ll be sleeping through all your lectures with Eunhyuk and Donghae later,” I clucked my tongue in disapproval.

I felt someone poking my left shoulder and I turned to face Jongjin.

“Hyung, we’ll be late in thirty seconds. And they’re closing the gate,” Jongjin told us.

It took a short second to make me realise what he meant. Then we all began running to school.

As we were nearing the gate, I spotted Heechul and Hankyung. And the sad thing is, Hankyung was piggybacking Heechul and he was carrying both their bags’ weight. Not bad. Not bad at all.

All five of us stepped through the gates just as the bell rung. We still had to go to assembly for the principal’s talk about the new school year. Crap.

“Hey Hankyung, Heechul,” Sungmin and I greeted together. Jongjin knew them but he didn’t know what to say, so he just said good morning to them.

“Chullie, wake up. We’re in school already,” Hankyung said, putting Heechul on the ground lightly.

“We are? Oh hey Yesung, Sungmin, Jongjin. Come on, we’re late and Teukie will never forgive us for being this late on the first day of school,” Heechul said and hurried up the escalator to the auditorium.

When we reached the school auditorium, everyone was already standing. Since our school doesn’t allocate specific seats, we made our way to our usual area. Knowing that my brother was starting school today, Leeteuk reserved five seats for us.

We moved in as far as we could and I was standing beside Leeteuk.

“Kim Jongwoon, how many times have I told you to leave home early and come over as soon as possible? Since I’ve met you, and even before that, you’re never been early to school. Not a single time!” Leeteuk hissed over the school song.

“Well I’m sorry but Jongjin was being hyper about entering a new school. And he kind of forgot to pack his bag. He woke up late too so I can’t be blamed!” I whispered back indignantly.

“We’ll continue this conversation during the speech,” he ended.

After the entire morning assembly ended and the principal, Lee Sooman, went onto the podium, Leeteuk turned to confront me.

“So what have I told you?” Leeteuk asked me.

Leeteuk was the so-called leader of our ‘group’. His real name is Park Jungsu, but people rarely ever call him that. For some reason, he decided to name us Super Junior. He’s the eldest amongst us and always led us well. He’s just a year older than me though.

We plan to graduate together with the rest of the group, so we usually slack during lessons. Same goes for Heechul and Hankyung and everyone else. Unless we’ll graduate together with the youngest member, we’ll make sure we don’t graduate.

We were all in our second – and last – year together.

Our school, Seoul Institute of the Arts, was a prestigious school that only the elite could get into.

We were good, but the teachers weren’t too strict on us. They knew about how close we were and didn’t mind the fact that we flunked our finals on purpose.

Thus, we had been retained in our second year for a while now. Ever since Shindong and Kangin joined us, Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Zhoumi a year later, we’re now at our newest batch of recruits, whoever they may be.

I’m sure Leeteuk and Heechul have been retained at Year 2 for three years now. Hankyung and I have been retained for two years, Shindong and Kangin for one, and the rest just came up to Year 2.

We all decided that we’d move on to graduate together since Year 2 was the last year in our school’s case. The thing is that unless you’ve really studied arts in high school, you wouldn’t be able to get in here. That’s why they don’t need us to stay for too long before letting us out into the entertainment industry. Or any industry that requires arts, such as cooking and whatnot.

Jongjin was here to learn about being a barista for our family café, Handel and Gretel. He took cooking and coffee-making in high school, graduating with a diploma. Now, he’s here to get a degree to show the world what my family café’s made of.

Anyway, I’m really curious to see if our group will get any newbies next year, or if we’ll be complete this year. Jongjin won’t be a part of us, I just know it. We’re all taking something related to music – like rapping, dancing or instrumental music – and another major while he’s taking cooking and higher cooking. Oh well.

Our school has this system of normal and higher courses, and those who opt to do both the normal and higher version of a course won’t have to go for all of their minor lessons. They only have to go once a week to find out about homework and projects.

I think normal cooking refers to just cooking, while higher cooking refers to high-class dining which includes coffee-making. Jongjin is one of the few people whom I know will actually go to both major and minor lessons everyday without fail. That’s what he plans to do and he will since he excels more as a barista than as a chef. He’s been in love with all sorts of culinary skills since young though.

I take music and higher music, and I can’t be bothered to go for all my minor lessons every day. So I just go for lessons on odd days. Anyway, normal music only includes stuff like singing and some projects where we have to source out songs and twist the lyrics a little.

On the other hand, higher music requires one to know composition. We also have to take a song and change its tune instead of the lyrics. It’s a lot harder than what it sounds like, really. We’re required to learn how to use various sound editing software and change the music. Its either that or we use instruments to recreate our own tune which is more fun and challenging.

I can’t play many instruments though. Only the piano, which makes me feel kind of sad…

“You told me to leave home early and come over to school as soon as possible. But I told you, Jongjin was out late last night and he overslept today! I tried to wake him up but it took quite some time and he still had to pack his bag and take a short shower!” I exclaimed.

“But you could’ve rushed a little more! And Heechul, Hankyung, you guys aren’t any better. I’m sure Heechul did something last night huh?” Leeteuk smirked.

Right. Did I mention that my school is an all-boys school? So we had tons of gays here, including a few already in our group: Eunhyuk and Donghae, Heechul and Hankyung, Leeteuk and Kangin. Sungmin, Zhoumi and I were still unattached, and Shindong had a girlfriend outside of school, Nari. She was a pretty nice girl.

“I agree hyung. Chullie made me go like, four or five rounds. I was so dead beat that I didn’t even want to wake up and he still made me piggyback him to school. All the way except on the bus. Then I had to run with him sleeping on me since we were running late,” Hankyung shot Heechul a glare that was meant to be fierce. It failed.

“Aww, you know you love me anyway,” Heechul cooed and kissed Hankyung.

“Ahem, we’re still in the auditorium. What’s with Min?” Leeteuk hyung asked Sungmin.

“Well I got caught up in all my pink stuff and I had a pretty late night too. But I blame it on my umma cause she kept me up to do the housework,” Sungmin reasoned and puffed up his chest.

“Fine, I can’t reason with you guys. Kangin, they’re bullying me,” Leeteuk hugged Kangin's arm and pointed to us. Oh bloody hell… Leeteuk, you got us into trouble you childish idiot.

Leeteuk and Kangin have been together since Kangin joined us with Shindong. This is their third year together and Leeteuk’s been in the school for five years already.

Kangin has this protective complex and he literally breaks people who bully Leeteuk. I must say, they haven’t had any problems ever. The only thing that they’ve had a really heated quarrel about was when Kangin got into a bar brawl. But they’re ok again.

“Who bullied Teukie?” Kangin demanded.

“We just explained why we were late to him and he took it as bullying cause we don’t listen to his advice,” Sungmin told Kangin.

Kangin understood what happened immediately. This has happened at least a hundred times, really. Leeteuk could be so childish. This is why I rarely call anyone in the group hyung. They all didn’t deserve it, being so weird and all. I was like that too.

“Teukie, how many times have I told you not to overreact about minor things like this? It’s not their fault they don’t get up early enough you know. It’s only the first day of school so take it easy on them for a while. Don’t be so petty arasso?” Kangin asked. Leeteuk pouted and nodded.

The stupid speech that I’ve heard for the fourth time took forever. Jongjin fell asleep, resting his head on my shoulder. Heechul fell asleep on Hankyung, Leeteuk on Kangin, Donghae and Eunhyuk on each other. Then I noticed someone missing.

“Kangin, where’s your bro? Wasn’t he coming here too?” I asked.

“He said that he was awkward with new people so he just went to find another seat. Don’t worry, he’ll meet us for break,” Kangin told me. I nodded and turned back to face the stage where Lee Sooman was ending the speech.

Our school works like this: we all start school together, regardless of which year we’re in, our recess is a one-hour long break at the canteen – which is like a buffet – and we all end school together. The day ends at around two, unless there’s some special event, and starts at eight; 3 hours of your major and 2 hours of the minor. Everyone takes at least two courses. Break would be at eleven.

When the speech FINALLY ended, everyone cheered and clapped for Lee Sooman to walk off the stage. Then Leeteuk was woken up to go make his speech for the freshmen. He was always in charge of this, ever since his first year at Year 2. I wonder what happens when we actually graduate, whenever we do.

Why were we in charge, exactly? The few of us had the best grades in the level for our respective courses. That’s what I meant by not graduating on purpose. We only fail our finals but when it comes to mid-years and other tests, we do the best.

All the Year 2s, including Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Zhoumi, filed out of the auditorium, leaving the six of us and the Year 1s. We went up together and stood in a horizontal line as Leeteuk went to the podium.

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m Park Jungsu but please call me Leeteuk. I’m in charge of the freshmen and with me are Heechul, Hankyung, Yesung, Kangin and Shindong. We will be in charge of the various classes from 1-1 to 1-6. I hope that you’ll support us and don’t cause too much trouble!” he joked. I know he tries so hard to be funny but not everyone can understand him like we do.

“The first week of school will be filled with ice-breaker games and lessons conducted by the few of us. For now, you won’t be split into your courses, but your homeroom class instead. It’ll be easier for you to bond with the people in your courses, got it?”

“After this week, you’re free to approach us for help in your courses. I minor in music and major in variety, Shindong majors in dance, Yesung majors in higher music, Hankyung majors in martial arts, Heechul majors in fashion, Kangin majors in cooking. The few of them all minor in music. We hope you’ll have fun this week and enjoy your years in this school! Now please follow your respective class leaders,” Leeteuk instructed and got off the podium to stand beside Kangin.

We all held up our placards and waited patiently for everyone to get into order before leaving for the classrooms. Jongjin walked past me and smiled.

“Hi hyung!”

“Have fun arasso? We tried our best to plan this!” I told him. He nodded and went to the back of his class. When I did a headcount, everyone was here, so I left first.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

I stepped into the class and went behind the teacher’s table, waiting for them to settle down quickly so that we could start the games.

“Ok. Hi everyone! My name is Kim Jongwoon, but you can call me Yesung. I’ll be your class facilitator for this week, so please feel free to approach me if you have any problems. Before we start anything, does anyone have questions?” I asked.

Jongjin raised his hand. Oh .

“I do. Do you have any pets, hyung?” he asked me mischievously.

He knows that I used to have a dog called Sora and I gave Ddangkkoma up for adoption two years back. Aish, Jongjin…

“Yes. I used to have a dog called Sora and a turtle called Ddangkkoma. Now, I have two turtles called Ddangkkoming and Ddangkkomaeng. I also have a dog called Kkoming. Any other questions?”

Again, Jongjin raised his hand. He was out to reveal all my secrets.

“Why’re your hands so small but your head so big?”

Damn, this was embarrassing. The class began to laugh, but I decided to laugh along as well. It’s not the first time anyone’s pointed this out to me anyway.

“I was born like this.”

“How long have you been in this school?”

The killer question.

Oh well, might as well tell the truth.

“This is my fourth year. But just to clarify, it’s only because my group of friends want to graduate together and there will most likely be some Year 1s joining us again this year. It’s not that I really flunk my finals. Anyone have questions BESIDES JONGJIN?” I stressed.

This time, someone else raised his hand.

“Are you by any chance related to Jongjin?”

I checked the class profile. This guy was Lee Taemin.

“Yes,” I sighed. “He’s my younger brother.”

Everyone went ‘ohh’ and I looked at Jongjin who was grinning at me. Annoying little bastard.

“Now that we’re done with questions, it’s time to group you guys. Each class has exactly 20 people, so split into two groups of ten each. I know this seems like elementary school stuff but Leeteuk’s a childish person so bear with it. If you can’t group yourselves, then I’ll decide for you,” I said.

After a minute, there were two groups of seven and six each. The other seven people were at a loss about what exactly to do.

“You, you and you, go join them,” I said to Jongjin and two others. I wasn’t quite paying attention to who I pointed at. It was just random.

“And you four, join the others,” I told Taemin and the other three.

Once they were done, I got them to sit in two circles. Most of them groaned at the thought of playing icebreaker games.

“Like I said, blame Leeteuk. You can follow me for recess and ask him why he planned like this. But beware of Kangin if you plan to do that,” I grinned at them.

“Why?” one boy asked. Again, I checked the list. His name was Jo Youngmin I think. Either that or he was Jo Kwangmin. They were identical twins with different hair colour.

“Who are you? Youngmin or Kwangmin?” I asked.

“I’m Youngmin. Kwangmin’s the one with black hair,” he told me while smiling.

“Yeah, so in reply to your question, Leeteuk and Kangin are together. It’s not a surprise to see gays in the school so don’t worry too much,” I told them.

“I see. Thanks Yesung hyung!” he thanked. This is why I want to be the class facilitator for Year 1s. They’re all so cute and innocent! As compared to Heechul, anyway.

“The first game you’ll be playing is the memory game. Basically, the first person stands and says his full name, the second person says the first name and then his own, the third person says the first, second, then his own, and so on. So the last person will have to say all ten names, got it? The game goes in the clockwise and the last person is chosen by a game of scissors paper stone. The loser is last, and the person on his left is first. So start choosing the last person,” I instructed.

For one group, the last person was – quite funnily – Jongjin. Karma’s a .

For the other group, a boy called Hyunseung was the last.

I decided to sit in on Jongjin’s group and watch.

“Kim Sunggyu.”

“Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo.”

“Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun.”

“Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Hoya.”

I checked the list for that name. His real name was actually Lee Howon but it seems that he’s like me, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Kangin. We all have nicknames given by our friends, don’t we?

Then it just went till Jongjin.

“Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungjong, Yang Seungho, Im Seulong, Kim Jongjin! Ha! In your face hyung!” Jongjin shouted at me. The other group turned to check out the commotion. I think they were stuck.

“Yes, Jongjin, your memory is good. Now let me go check out the other team,” I said.

I walked over just as the last person, Hyunseung, was speaking.

“Kim Donghyun, Shim Hyunseong, Lee Jeongmin, Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin, No Minwoo, Lee Taemin, Jung Byunghee, Kim Ryeowook, Jang Hyunseung! Yes!!!” he exclaimed happily.

Why were people so good at this nowadays? I remember that I could barely remember the names of my classmates in Year 1. Well they’re all graduated now except for Hankyung so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

“That only took a few minutes right? So now, five people from each group switch and we do it again!” I exclaimed with fake enthusiasm. They all groaned but did as told.

This time, Jeongmin was the last person for Jongjin’s group and Sungjong was the last for the other group. Then they began all over again.

Once they finished, it was about 8.50am. The principal’s speech did take a hell lot of time, starting from 8am. It’s time to move on to the next game.

“Now we’ll play whacko! Or rather, double whacko! One group is the inner circle, and the other will be the outer. I’ll take the place of the whacker. When the name of a person from the inner circle is called, the person behind him will have to call out another name before he’s hit. The person who’s called has the chance to hit the person behind to alert him, got it? I’ll start,” I grinned evilly.

Everyone got into their respective circles and sat down.

“Who’s the whacker first?” Dongwoo asked.

“Good question. Who’s register number 15?” I asked.

“Me,” Sungyeol sighed.

“I’ll shout a name first then. Kim Jongjin,” I said. I hope that the person behind me, No Minwoo, was an alert kid or I’m doomed.

“Kim Sunggyu!” Hyunseong shouted for Jongjin.

“Yesung!” Oh damn.

“Lee Sungjong!”

“Nam-”

And just like that, Sungjong was made the whacker. Sad life the poor kid has.

After a few more rounds, we switched so that the outer people were now the inner people, and vice-versa. In front of me now was Yang Seungho. Hope I’ll be alert enough so that the kid doesn’t get into trouble.

This time, Donghyun started the round.

“Kim Myungsoo!”

“No Minwoo!”

“Lee Howon!”

“Kim Ryeowook!”

“Yang Seungho!”

I was startled when Seungho started to whack my leg in panic.

“Jo Kwangmin!”

Thank god I was fast enough.

Then this went on for a while more before we switched to the other type of double whacko.

“The person directly opposite of you will have to save you, so remember your partner well. I’ll number you guys from 1-10 and 1-10, so match your numbers correctly. Jongjin 1, Sunggyu 2, Sungjong 3, Youngmin 4…” I continued until I sat down as 20. The last whacker previously was Nam Woohyun, so he got ready to run.

My partner was Myungsoo.

“I’ll start. Kwangmin!”

And the double whacko started all over again.

By the time it really ended, the time was 9.36am.

“You guys need to go to the toilet or drink water? I’ll give you ten minutes,” I told them and a good half of the class ran off, including Jongjin. The people left were Sungjong, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Kwangmin, Youngmin, Minwoo, Ryeowook and Taemin.

I started towards Ryeowook who was humming to himself and writing some words down.

“Can I see that?” I asked, holding my hand out.

He was a little surprised but nodded and handed it over. It was a music score for a song called ‘One Fine Spring Day’.

“Can I listen to it?”

He looked at me with a dumbfounded expression but nodded, his eyes twinkling in excitement.

 

A warm wind is blowing like it was that night.
The flowers you lovingly planted have bloomed.
Before I know it spring has come again.
I still want to deeply sleep like its winter.

You are so very far, so very far.
To be honest I miss you every day.
Even the very small, very small trivial things,
make me think of you every day.

Your comforting scent fills the room,
in the flowers scattered around.
Because I’m afraid one day I won’t be able to feel it,
I want to take hold of even the air that you were in

You are so very far, so very far.
To be honest I miss you every day.
Even the very small, very small trivial things,
make me think of you every day

A day becomes months.
It seems that even in my heart too, a new spring has come…

You are in such a far away, far away, far off place.
I believe to you every day is spring.
On a far off day, a very far off future, if you see me again,
tell me we were always together

 

I smiled to myself unknowingly, enjoying his angelic voice.

Even when he was finished, I was still smiling like an idiot.

“Jongwoon hyung? Hyung,” he called me, hitting my arm lightly.

“Ne? Oh, I’m sorry. I must have blanked out. It was a really beautiful song. Did you compose it all on your own?” I asked in amazement. I think even I won’t be able to compose such a good song.

He blushed slightly at the praise and shook his head.

“I had help from my hyung’s boyfriend and friend, Leeteuk hyung and Sungmin hyung,” he admitted.

“Leeteuk can compose?!” I shrieked.

“Yeah. Jongwoon hyung, do you know them?” he asked me curiously. I nodded at him, not quite understanding why he refuses to call me Yesung.

“Why do you keep calling me Jongwoon? I mean I’m fine with it but it’s a little strange that someone out of my family would use that name,” I told him. He looked a little upset when I said this.

“Do you… do you not like me calling you Jongwoon hyung?” he asked sadly. Frankly speaking, he looked like a little puppy right now. So cute!

“No, not at all! I’m just not used to it but if you want to, I won’t mind at all,” I told him and smiled. “And that was a really good song. You’re joining us for recess right?” I asked.

“My hyung told me to, so I don’t see why not. Ten minutes is almost up, Jongwoon hyung,” he informed me, pointing at the clock.

“We’ll move to the next games then. Talk to you later,” I said and approached the twins who were asleep. Let’s hope they wake up easily.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

I was wrong. It took me only a minute or shorter to wake Kwangmin up, but Youngmin was a whole different case. Even Kwangmin didn’t know how to wake him up. According to the younger twin, Youngmin could sleep through an earthquake.

It was already time to continue activities and Youngmin was STILL asleep.

Finally, Minwoo approached me.

“Yesung hyung, do you need help?” he offered.

I nodded desperately.

“Youngmin hyung, time to wake up~!” Minwoo yelled in an aegyo way.

Miraculously, Youngmin opened his eyes sleepily and looked at Minwoo, smiling at the younger male.

“Yes, Minwoo, I’m awake. Thanks,” he stood up and stretched before pulling Minwoo with him to stand beside his brother.

 “Time for the next game!”

We went to the field to play ‘Virus’. If you don’t know it, it’s practically catching. But after you are caught, you and the catcher have to hold hands and catch someone else. Then you’ll just keep adding more and more people to the link until the last person is caught. The first to be caught is the next catcher. If the link is broken, those with the original catcher stay and the rest are free to run away again. I joined them for the first round.

Everyone was screaming and there was frenzy in the field. I was kind of scared that something might happen but we played anyway.

As I predicted, something did happen.

Seungho managed to run into Kwangmin and the younger kid fell. He used his hand as a support so at we thought he was fine at first. It wasn’t until he started to curl up into a ball and cry that I got really worried.

I sprinted across the field to him as fast as my legs could carry me.

“Kwangmin! What hurts?” I asked immediately, all my training for an emergency kicking in.

“My right thumb… My left leg hurts a little too…” he moaned in pain. I scooped him up into my arms and carried him to the sick bay, Youngmin following close behind us.

On the way to the sick bay, I saw Youngmin's pained look. The hell?

It’s only the first day, so why does this have to happen?

When we arrived, the nurse took a look at Kwangmin and shooed us away after I laid him on the bed. Of course, we both did as told. We didn’t need to delay his treatment any further than it already was. So we stepped away and went to the waiting area.

“Kwangmin… umma trusted me to keep you safe. Why didn’t I keep a closer eye on you?! I would never have let you get hurt like this…” Youngmin reproached himself. I patted his back softly.

“It’s not your fault. Nobody could have predicted that something like this was to happen. Let’s just hope that it isn’t too serious,” I prayed. Youngmin nodded and drew his knees closer to his body, hugging them in fear.

After what seemed like – I don’t know, an eternity? – the nurse drew the curtains back and walked towards us. Kwangmin was sleeping and his right thumb was bandaged neatly, but I knew that there was something very wrong with it. Also, his left leg seemed to have been bandaged slightly.

“What happened?” I asked in concern. Youngmin jumped to his feet and looked at the nurse expectantly, waiting for some form of news.

“His left leg had a torn ligament, but it was a small one. His right thumb is fractured and I have neither the time nor equipment to help put a cast on it. I already called an ambulance and they should be arriving soon. Right now, he’s sleeping cause I gave him some anaesthetic so that he won’t feel the pain. May I ask who will follow him to the hospital?” she looked at both of us.

Naturally, Youngmin raised his hand.

“I’m his older brother; I’ll go. Yesung hyung, help me inform the school ok? I’ll call my parents on the way,” he asked. I nodded and he helped the nurse to push Kwangmin to the parking area right outside the general office.

I sighed and looked at the clock. It was already time for break and I bet the rest of the gang are already there. Why not just leave now? So I headed to the general office, told them what happened to the twins, and headed to the canteen to find my friends.

I hope Kwangmin's fine. It was my fault for not ensuring his safety. I’m in charge of the class so why wasn’t I more careful?

On the way to the canteen, I stopped halfway and punched the wall angrily. I was angry at myself for being useless, not at anyone else. When I looked at my fist, it was bleeding. Umma will kill me at night when she sees my injured hand.

I heard someone calling me from behind and I spun around to face Sungmin.

“Hyung, are you ok?” he asked me worriedly.

I shook my head and hugged him for comfort. I didn’t know what to say now so I just stayed there for a moment to gather myself.

Sungmin didn’t seem to mind much and he patted my back, comforting me without even knowing what happened to make me like this. I was usually a calm and collected person, so how did I break down? He must’ve been curious but knew better than to ask.

After a while, I broke the hug and looked at Sungmin.

“What happened?”

“I’ll explain to you when the others are around. Don’t worry, I don’t have some terminal illness and nothing’s wrong with me,” I assured him.

“But your hand… I saw you punching the wall. You’re not a violent person, hyung,” he told me. So he had seen it huh? No wonder he had been so worried about me.

“It’s nothing. It’s just a little blood, no biggie. Come on, the others must be getting worried,” I said and pulled him to the canteen with me. I just remembered something.

Leeteuk will kill me too.

Wonderful life I lead, huh?

 

 

 

Well here's the first chappie for you readers~

Comments are always loved and please tell me if you have anything to say about the plot ^^

Yeah so I'll try my best to update weekly but sometimes I can only update once every two weeks (aka fortnightly)

Continue to support this story ok? :D

 

@voicesinsync well Sooyoung's my bias in SNSD too but apparently people like to pair Wookie and Sooyoung together... What can I do? At first it was another member... Sigh~