~Donghae~

Dearest Darlingest Diary

 

A/N: Soooooooooo, I want to apologize MAJORLY for trolling you guys!!! I wanted to apologize right away, but my friend was like "It's good to be a trolling author so that it keeps your readers on your toes!" >< I totally spent the rest of my summer with my friend because she finally moved to where she's reallyyyyyy close. Which didn't help my motivation to write Kibum's entry at all. I severely apologize once again. I'll come up with something great and amazing just for you guys for Kibum's entry! But it might take some time. To make it up, I doubled the length of Donghae's entry! :D Is that okay? Do you guys forgive me? (Sadly someone didn't like my trolling because I lost a subscriber T__________________T) 

In other news, two days ago, I ran my first 5K. That's quite a big accomplishment for me if you knew me in real life. I'm so proud of myself. The results weren't the greatest, but I'm going to push for getting better results ^_______^v I can do it, right? xDD Ohh and today I was coming back from taking my sister to her youth group and a four or five college girls were walking across the street. I was thinking about K-pop and staring off into space only to see one of the girls doing a funny dance and bumping into her friend only to be singing "Gangnam Style"! Like in Super Junior's words it: BLEW. MY. MIND. I mean, first off, I live in the U.S. Secondly, I probably live in a city that's extremely opinionated about what people like, so it was shocking.

Oh, and I'm starting school tomorrow! :D Second year of college, here I come! I gave up on trying to pass a level in Japanese because it was hard to get past my attempts to learn Korean. This semester, I'm really working on my history and cultural stuff! I'm excited! Anthropology is said to be fun. Oh and I have a music class, so I might have a chance to talk about K-Pop? Or you know Super Junior? Waaaah~ Can't wait! <3 

How are everyone elses' lives? Amazing? How about studies? Please tell me~ I love getting to know my readers~ 

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I've missed you guys soo much. Like seriously, I'm going to try my best to sit down and write more now that I have to go to school. That means hours on the bus with nothing to do. And hours sitting at the school when waiting for my next class. :D Oh if you want to see an awesome picture (of an edit for my newest story even if you don't want to read the story xD I'm not going to promote it again until I get to the story part of that fic which will be in two chapters :D) click here! ^_____________^v

Take care my beautiful and wonderful and lovely readers. I love you so much~ <3 Thanks for sticking with me for so long! I'll reply to comments next chapter! :D <33333

Alsooooo~ Go support Donghae's drama if you like dramas and Donghae's acting. :D It's on viki under Panda and Hedgehog! <3 ^___^v 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Konnichiwa Diary!

If you didn’t know, that means hello in Japanese. ^^

Who would have thought that going to a different country for even a week meant that you would start to pick up on their native language?

I’m also realizing that it’s actually quite fun to learn these new things.

Almost as fun as our adventures that we’ve gone on while being here.

I know that we came here for only a week, and to work on top of finding out whether or not Eunhyuk is part Japanese, but we accidentally got too caught up on playing that we had to put the search on hold until the end of our trip. We even came close to extending it a couple of days.

President even told us that we could stay away as long as we wanted, so it was a major possibility. During his update at the beginning of the week, he said that Junsu was doing just fine with teaching our class.

Well…that is until we learned of Yoochun setting the classroom on fire…

After hearing that news, we decided not to answer our phones. In fact, we took out the batteries until we were nearing the end of the trip.

When someone at work tried to tell us that we needed to come home as soon as we possibly could, we pretended that we couldn’t understand what they were saying. (That was Eunhyuk’s idea).

Past that crazy business, our hotel provided us a list of places that Korean tourists enjoyed visiting. It even had Korean pronunciation next to the Japanese words to help those who don’t know Japanese like Eunhyuk and I.

With the Korean pronunciation, we were easily able to figure out most places.

Whoever made such a list is a life saver.

…And magical!

And they’re as smart as Eunhyuk!

No wonder he believed with all of his heart that he was part Japanese. Both the Japanese and him are extremely smart.

But…Koreans are smart too, right? I sure think so.

Upon receiving the list, we then used it to make our own full of things that we wanted to do while there. When we didn’t know what something was, even with the Korean pronunciation, we tried our best to call up Junsu.

He strangely wouldn’t answer though. So, we had to call up Yoochun who had to tell us to speak to Junsu in a funny accent so that he wouldn’t hang up on us.

The first second Eunhyuk opened his mouth to speak in a crazy accent that he came up with on the spot, Junsu found out and started to insanely yell through the phone.

I wonder why he was so mad. What happened while we were away?

…was it because of the fire that Yoochun made?

Even to this point, I am severely wondering what was wrong with him.

Since he wouldn’t speak to us the entire time we were trying to figure out places, we had to call up others who we thought might know or even understand Japanese.

We ended up with having to ask Yoochun for interpretations, since he just has to know Japanese if Junsu knows it.

There was one specific time when we had to ask what a certain café was, and he began to evilly laugh through the phone. At first, I thought something was odd about his behavior, but went along with what he said it was.

Which was a maid café.

Thinking that going to an authentic Japanese maid café would be a great adventure, we put that on the top of our list and went there right away.

However, right as we walked in, we were greeted by a line of men dressed in butler suits. Aside from those butlers, there weren’t any other men, only women.

They even began to laugh at us and send weird looks our way.

I first wondered if maid cafes were popular among women in Japan, so they allowed butlers to seat the customers. Or what if Japan is mixed up in the fact that they call ‘butlers’ what we call ‘maids’ and ‘maids’ what we call ‘butlers’?

That would make more sense.

After that crazy encounter, I tried to talk Eunhyuk into checking out a butler café.

But I think he was too depressed about the maid café, because he was really against checking it out.

Since I believed he was depressed, I wanted to cheer him up the best I could, so I looked at our two lists once more when he wasn’t around and found out that Japan has their very own Lotte World.

Who would have thought? A Lotte World!

I was particularly excited to make it a surprise, so I told him to dress in playing clothes before blindfolding him, put him in a taxi, and pointed to the name on the list to help the taxi driver figure out where we were going.

Don’t worry, Diary, I made sure to have my adventure backpack packed and ready to go, so we had everything we ever needed for the amusement park.

Once at the location, I pulled off Eunhyuk’s blindfold, and he got so excited that he sped out of the car and rapidly bought us tickets.

To think, the others call the man stingy. He always buys me things without a fight.

He even bought me a stuffed Nemo hat that I could wear the entire time there. In return, I bought him an anchovy hat, because of how much he loves the nickname anchovy.

Ah~ I love amusement parks so, so, SO much! Especially when that amusement park is Lotte World!

That place is the BEST!

And the fact that the Japanese Lotte World was just as amazing made me feel like I chose the best of the best when trying to cheer up Eunhyuk. Not only did he forget about the maid café and have a lot of fun, but I forgot about my slight disappointment and enjoyed every second!

Maybe I should work at Korea’s Lotte World as a part time job. Then, Eunhyuk and I could go there a billion times for cheaper!

I think that is one of my best ideas ever!

Now that I think about it, ever since I’ve met Eunhyuk and the others, I’ve been coming up with amazing ideas.

I even think that my ideas come out better when Eunhyuk and I put our heads together.

Maybe it’s because he’s such a genius? Or because he’s magical?

Well, after our amusement park adventure, we decided to pay our respects to one of the major temples in Kyoto. (I don’t remember what the temple was called, neither does Eunhyuk, but that’s because we couldn’t pronounce it for the life of us. We just ended up calling it Kyoto’s Big Temple.)

I kind of feel bad for the temple, mainly because I couldn’t understand anything when we were there.

If there was a sign up explaining something, it was all in Japanese, and I can’t read Japanese at all. (I should have taken a picture and sent it to my younger brother, but I had left my phone at the hotel that day.)

There were actually two touring options. One was to take one that spoke in only English or to take one that spoke only in Japanese. Since Eunhyuk and I felt more comfortable with English compared to Japanese, thanks to Siwon, we chose to take the English tour.

However, I can only speak simple English sentences. Anything else takes a long time, considering that I have to break words down and translate them into Korean so that I could understand.

Having someone blurt out English a mile a minute really wasn’t ideal for either of us. So, we simply snuck away from the guide and tried our best to go around on our own.

In the end, we got lost and had to wander around the temple for hours. But we didn’t find that a problem because Eunhyuk made our wandering around into a game.

As we tried our best to find our way out, we kept running into tour guide groups, so he proposed that we should pretend to be a part of that group and act completely interested in what was being said (even if we didn’t understand). When someone caught sight of us and wondered who we were, we would have to disappear as quickly as we possibly could.

We followed at least a group that was from Russia, a Chinese speaking group, and even a Filipino group! Yet there wasn’t a single Korean tour group.

When I asked Eunhyuk about it, he said that it was because Koreans have specific days that they go to the temple on, and we kind of broke that “rule”. But he also stated that it was okay because at the time he believed that he was part Japanese.

Once we were finally able to find the exit of the temple, due to the fact that we were able to fake being part of the tour group from Thailand really well, we got onto the bullet train back to Tokyo and found an ice cream shop that was based off of ice cream in the U.S. There we bought the biggest ice cream sundae and shared it in a park that was nearby.

Let’s just say, ice cream styled after the kind served in the U.S is interesting, but extremely delicious.

The only sad part was that we were only given one cherry because they had run out of cherries by the time we had ordered.

Cherries are the best part in ice cream, or so I’ve been told, but I was willing to give it up so that Eunhyuk could enjoy it this time.

Eunhyuk had another plan, though.

With that plan in mind, he told me to hold the cherry between my teeth.

Not sure what he was thinking, I did exactly as I was told and watched as he reached over, grabbed the back of my head and pulled me towards him.

It was like the pepero game, but the pepero was replaced by a cherry!

I was so shocked by the suddenness that I tried to pull away from him only to be pulled back by his unsuspecting grasp. At that, I accidentally slammed forward and bumped lips with him.

The shock didn’t even settle in until I realized that I couldn’t breathe.

Sometimes I wonder if the lack of breath was partly because of our lips brushing and partly because of the treacherous red fruit that had been forced into my mouth and lodged into my throat, stem and all.

Due to the impact of our lips, Eunhyuk began to freak out, that is until he realized I was choking. At that, he freaked out even more causing such a commotion that someone came over and finally helped me get the cherry free.

After thanking the stranger, we instantly threw away the ice cream and went to our hotel in silence.

The next few days for the trip were kind of awkward (especially when we went to the shopping districts and passed an ice cream shop, even if it wasn’t styled after the U.S.).

When we saw guards at the palace in Tokyo, we decided to get over our little crazy experience, and began to pretend to be bodyguards to random strangers.

That was a lot of fun.

But we had to stop when we got yelled at by a random Japanese stranger that we were “protecting”.

We ended that day, though, watching a movie on my laptop only to accidentally fall asleep next to each other.

As I said before, our trip was pretty fun and all, but then we had to focus on the bigger question: Is Eunhyuk part Japanese?

Well, to tell you the truth, Diary, we couldn’t find anything on our own because we didn’t know where to look.

When Eunhyuk his phone, planning to change our plane tickets so that we could have a few more days of searching, he found out that his mother had called him around twenty times, leaving at least fifteen voice mail messages. In those messages, she told him that he wasn’t at all Japanese, he didn’t even have a drop of Japanese blood running through his veins.

However, he was told that he does have a smidgen of Chinese blood and a great, great, great, great, greaaaaaaaat relative twice removed and probably five more times removed is from Thailand.

At first, the news that he wasn’t close to being Japanese killed my poor best friend on the inside. He was so distressed that he clutched onto me for a few hours and sobbed as if his heart was going to shatter into a million pieces.

Knowing that feeling all too well and not liking that he had to deal with it as well, I hugged him back and cried with him.

When the tears passed, we fell asleep together only for me to wake up a handful of hours later to Eunhyuk mulling over the thought of being part Thai, Chinese, as well as mostly Korean.

Because he was thinking this over, I was able to convince him that he was just as smart as the Japanese because of this mix (mainly because it doesn’t matter what nationality he was because he was just smart, but I didn’t tell him that).

Satisfied with that, he decided that we should go play for the rest of our time in Tokyo.

Now, we’re about to board the plan to Korea.

It was an extremely fun trip, and we learned vital news.

Eunhyuk is happy with who he is and with what we did, and so am I.

We definitely needed this trip.

I also want—Oh!

The plane is boarding now.

Bye Diary~ I’ll write again when we’re back in Korea. Hopefully our friends will be happy to see us! Take care~

~Jaa Matta (See you later)~