~Donghae~

Dearest Darlingest Diary

 

Diary~

How have you been my long awaited friend? It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Have you been missing me? I didn’t mean to put off writing to you, Diary! I really didn’t! You must believe me!

It’s just that there have been so many things to do. I’ve been extremely busy this past week. You see, Eunhyuk and I have been working on our teaching, when we’re not working we’ve been playing together, when Eunhyuk is busy then I play with the others.

…I guess I’ve been playing a lot…

*sigh* Sorry Diary…at least I’m writing now, right? So don’t feel lonely anymore, alright? I know how that feels, and it’s tough to deal with. So I beg of you, please forget your feelings of loneliness or else I’ll be really upset.

Now that we’ve settled that, I want to say this: I really admire Hyukkie’s dancing abilities. Have I said that to you before? I don’t exactly remember. If I have, then I’m saying it again. He just turns into another being when he dances, it’s magical. If I didn’t know better, I would say that he was a magical being sent to bless this earth with his flawless moves.

I wonder what it would be like if that was true…

He probably would have come from another planet where there were other beings just like him. Ah! The thought of having more people like Hyukkie makes me so happy! I wish him being magical was true…it would be the best thing EVER!

Well, to top off all of the playing that I did this week, Eunhyuk took me to the amusement park! I was so happy that I could have died right there, Diary! He bought us these animal headbands, and he gave me a pair of blue bunny ears! They’re so cute, and I’m finding it a rare occurrence whenever Eunhyuk wants to buy something. This means that I should cherish the headband forever and ever!

Also, my best friend let me choose whatever ride I wanted to ride on. I didn’t know what he liked, so I tried to take him on all of the rides I liked. (We didn’t get through all of them since there wasn’t enough time in the day to go to each one.) However, it seemed as if he was excited for each one I chose. It was great! For my top favorite rides, I got super excited because it’s been a while. For some odd reason, he also got excited for them. It was as if my happiness was contagious and it spread to him. Or you know…our minds could be linked. I really enjoyed the fact that he got happy whenever I did though. I felt like he really cared for me during those times.

I really hope that he cares for me because I care for him. Although it hasn’t been that long since we met, I feel as if we’ve been friends ever since we were born. It’s a great feeling!

I should probably mention something about my sadness…shouldn’t I? Well, I’m finding out that whenever I am around Eunhyuk, it’s as if the world is alright for once. He makes the bright blue skies appear in my head when the clouds of sadness threaten to invade. I feel a breath of relief swell up inside of me for once. I didn’t know that could possibly happen. So, I’m slowly getting through the pain that aches in my heart.

Actually, whenever I’m around the people that I live with, I also feel calm as if nothing’s wrong with me or with the world. It’s odd, but I have no regrets. I think the people I’m surrounding myself with are helping me fill the hole.

I forgot to mention something! Eunhyuk told me that he’s making a list of things he wants to do to cheer me up whenever I’m sad. At first, I didn’t know what to say at first.

One day, I was crying my eyes out over the box of things that Yunho just happened to drop by because that girl had asked him to give it to me. In the middle of the tears and the pain, Eunhyuk walked into our room and stopped a few feet away from me. I thought he was going to start speaking to me about whatever he wanted to say, so I kept my back to him and wiped at my wet eyes. We stayed that way until the silence lasted on too long. At that moment, I turned around to look at him. His mouth was opening and shutting as if he was trying to say something, but his voice rebelled against him. As he turned to go, he all of the sudden blurted with his back to me: “I’m buying you a swimming pool of dog treats. So…so don’t be sad anymore!”

It was probably the most ridiculous wonderful thing I’d ever heard. I mean, Eunhyuk? Buy me a swimming pool? The thought made the tears run for their money and a bubbly feeling rose up inside of me. No matter how hard I tried not to, I threw my head back and laughed at all of it. The thought of my roommate buying me something was hilarious, the thought of him buying me a swimming pool full of dog treats was even better. My sudden outburst supposedly forced his awkwardness away, and he went on to tell me that he was making a list of things to make me feel better, but I’ll have to wait until I can see them all.

In truth, I don’t care if he got me anything, or even tried to do something to make me feel better. I’m pretty happy with the fact that he expressed his care and worry.

Does all of this mean that he does care for me Diary?

Oh, today was also a fun day. I finally went to pay a visit to Father’s grave. I brought him all of his favorite foods and soju (I didn’t drink any of course) and told him everything that he had missed from the last time I visited him. I cried a little bit during the stories (okay…I cried a LOT), but that doesn’t matter much. It wasn’t a major detail. Visiting my father and telling him everything was the major detail.

My heart feels so much lighter now than it did, Diary. I’m thankful.

After I got back from my visit, I helped Eunhyuk out of the pantry that Kangin stuck him in. It’s as if that man is a sorcerer. He’s practically mischievous enough to shove my best friend into odd places. He puts my poor friend in the weirdest places I’ve ever seen! I don’t understand how he can place Eunhyuk into some of the places he puts him in—like the cabinet. The only reasonable explanation is that he’s a sorcerer.

Diary, could you possibly tell me why I’ve been thrown into a mass of magic these days?

I should make a list of who’s magical so far…it could possibly help me keep my head on straight.

1.   Kangin the sorcerer

2.  Mr. Soo Man because he manipulates electronic devices in our house.

3.  Eunhyuk MIGHT be a magical being from another planet.

4.  Lay the alien

5.  Hyun Joong for seeing a UFO…I think people who see UFOs are magical. (Even if this one is outright crazy)

6.  Siwon…for being so perfect

I only have six people? Well…that’s not that much. I thought I had more. Maybe they’ll come to me later.

Once he was free, the two of us left to play soccer with Junsu and Yunho. (I felt bad for leaving Heechul. I know how troublesome our dongsaeng can be, and the two haven’t been getting along well lately.) But soccer was so much fun! Who knew?

Junsu and Eunhyuk were soccer ninjas. They just owned the field, darting right and left, controlling the ball as if they had played soccer ever since they were born. I wouldn’t put it past them for being able to play blindfolded. They were THAT impressive.

Yunho wasn’t that good at playing, though. He tripped a couple of times and kicked at the ball only to miss. (Don’t tell him I said that, Diary. This must be strictly confidential! He wants others to think that he’s perfect at everything. But he can’t be as perfect as Siwon, so it’s impossible.)

My skills are…alright…

Eunhyuk definitely was amazing. Did I tell you that? He was a soccer demon! It was fantastic! He got this determined look on his face and just attacked the ball like there was no tomorrow. (I kind of really like that look. He should make that face more often.)

In the end, no one won because Junsu’s and Eunhyuk’s skills are close to the same. But because Jaejoong had exclaimed that the two couldn’t go home tonight, we decided to stop by the store to get stuff to drink for everyone.

Yunho is getting bored by Junsu’s and Eunhyuk’s endless chatter, so I should go now to help him out. Take care Diary! I love you! And I’ll try to write more often~

~My Best Friend is Awesome~