~Siwon~

Dearest Darlingest Diary

 

Hello Journal,

My name is Siwon. Choi Siwon. Nice to meet you J. To let you know before you get your hopes up or anything, I don’t exactly know what I need to write. My feelings? That would hinder you too much. My day? Wouldn’t that bore you?

Yet from what I was told is that President Soo Man wants us to bore and hinder you. This means that I’ll have to apologize in advance.

Well, let’s begin our newfound relationship with an introduction about myself. Although you know my name already, I would like to repeat it to make the introduction complete. My name is Choi Siwon, and my actual birthday is April 7th, 1986. However, my parents didn’t register my birthday until February 10th, 1987. So if you get confused about my actual birthday, just pick and choose and I’ll be perfectly fine with it. Anyways, my blood type is B, and I love the song “The Way You Look Tonight” by Tony Bennett. (I’m actually listening to it at the moment. The song was so beautifully composed.)

Moving on, my family owns the largest supermarket chain in Seoul, and I’m sadly the only son in the family. This means that I’ll probably have to stop my acting career in the future to take over the business. (I heard from President Soo Man that there’s one other sharing this apartment who had to deal with close to the same problem as I will have to face in the future.) I wonder what will happen when that time comes, because I don’t think I’ll be close to giving up acting for office work even in the future. Oh well, it’s worthless to continue worrying about something like that since my father is as healthy as can be. Maybe I’ll add in an extra prayer tonight to make sure that he stays healthy for years to come. (Don’t take it the wrong way. I just don’t want to lose my father, even if I might be scared of him at times.)

I think I released a little bit too much information about myself in less than a page. I was always told to be careful after I started acting. But sometimes…my mouth—or in this case my pen—just slips. Oh well, whatever I say to you is strictly confidential anyways.

Should I go on and explain to you about my acting?Scratch that last comment; I think it would bore you a bit. I’ve been in too many dramas to count, and so we could be sitting here for days. That would mean that my schedule would be messed up, the directors would be upset, and I wouldn’t be a good housemate to the men I share this apartment with.

Oh! On that note—and the acting note—one of the newer actors is going to share a room with me! I wonder why President Soo Man decided to arrange the rooms like this. Do we all secretly have something in common? Aside from being actors, I don’t see anything else that I have in common with Kibum. He’s a little too quiet. Maybe he’s just shy?

The other pairs are just as odd. For example, the one who was kicked out due to not wanting to take over his family’s business was paired with the poor, sweet, feminine man. (It’s hard to remember that the man is the oldest due to the way he acts. But you can obviously tell that the snarky kid is the youngest out of everyone, even when he doesn’t want to respect us.) President put the sweet worded man with the harsh tongued man together in one room. That’s rather odd, right?

The last pair of roommates would be the heartbroken Donghae and the unexplainable Eunhyuk. At the moment, both of their personalities are unexplainable. Heart ache never fails to cloud over the true personality of a person. But I guess if you look hard enough, Donghae seems sweet and innocent underneath the hangover and hurting heart. Eunhyuk seems so random, and very…mature. Not mature as in grown up mature, but the…other kind. Aside from that, I sure hope that they get along well.

Did President know what he was doing with putting all of us together?

In truth, I don’t even know anything about what President Soo Man is thinking. He came up to me a few days ago with what seemed like an insane idea. He stated that he was growing bored with his daily life, and so he tried to conjure up this “grand plan”. And what was this grand plan? Find six random men who were desperately in need of help and put them in an apartment he had bought a while back (he must have grown bored of having an extra place). He claimed that he already had one person who was living in the apartment, which meant that he only needed to find five more. He had even more plans for these six strangers, but he refused to tell me any of them.

I thought it was odd that he was confiding in me about such an idea. That is, until he came up to me and said that I needed to be one of the six. The funny thing is that I don’t think I even had a problem with my life. I am perfectly content with the life that God has graced upon me.

I was nowhere close to being in need of an apartment, like most of these men living here.

Look at Donghae, he used to live with a girl for three and a half years, putting his all into loving her. When he went to propose, he found out that she had been cheating on him through half of that time. In the end, he really didn’t have a place to go, which is where President came in handy.

Kyuhyun got kicked out of his house. Sungmin lost his job and couldn’t find another due to his feminine personality, which would have resulted in losing his own apartment. (Personally, I think it works for him.) Eunhyuk has just been living in the apartment for a while, so he doesn’t count. Last, but not least, Kibum was looking for a way to get away from his hurtful past. Everyone was looking for something, everyone but me. Maybe God planned this for all of us? Maybe President didn’t even think through half of this and just let God do what he wanted?

I think I’ll settle on that. Anyways, I should go console Donghae some more. Everyone is broken within this house, and it’ll take more than just prayer to mend each one of them. I think I’m starting to know why I was put here in the lives of these five strangers. Pretty productive Journal entry, wouldn’t you say so?

Well, I’ll have to talk to you later Journal. It was a pretty nice change for once to be able to think things through on paper. Until next time~

~Soldier of Light~