The meeting

I am Cinderella,Would you be my prince?

Poster credit to keychibi/poster paradise

 

You were woken up the next day by a loud knocking on your door.

"Yah Park Lee Jin!What time it is now!It's time to work!",your stepmother yelled through the door.

You rubbed your eyes and took a glance at the clock.8 o'clock.Its this late?You sighed but still get up.You touch your cheek that was still stained with your tears.You rushed to wash your face to prevent anyone to know and put on a simple sweat pants and big T-Shirt.

After washing up,you dashed downstairs along with Juju who were following you behind.Your stepmother were yelling and telling you about the things to do today.

"Go to the market 1st!Buy all the groceries we need",she ordered.

You looked at the maids who were busy chatting among each other.They are just like your stepmother.Double face.They always chat around and let you do all the work but when your father came back,they would pretend to work hard.Except for one,the oldest maid,Madam Im,that had already worked for your family since you were borned.She was just like your mother,taking care of you and she pitied you a lot.She always help you with your chores and that's why she had become one of the maid your stepmother hate.

She had tried to tell your father about the mistreat of your stepmother but end up getting threatened.She is the only one working for her family.She need this job to continue her living.So,you assured her it was okay,since you always believe that things would get better.

“I will get the groceries.Miss Lee Jin,please go ahead and rest”,Madam Im offered.

“Pshhh,Miss?”,Lee Eun rolled her eyes.”Who is she to be called a miss”.

“Madam Im,I believe you have something more important to do”,your stepmother smirked.”Now,go wash the toilet!”.

“Its okay ahjumma,I can do it.I will wash the toilet when I come back”,you answered.

Your stepmother shove the grocery basket into your arms roughly and pushed you out from the door.”Don’t come back unless you brought everything!”,she warned.

------

WooHyun woke up the next morning,fresh.His cheek were still swollen because of the slap yesterday.He stretched and greet the morning with a big smile.But his happiness doesn't last long.Just when he about to get change,his father barged in.

“WooHyun,get ready.We will meet Mr Kim’s daughter in a while”,Mr Nam spoke.

“Meet her for?”,WooHyun forrowed his eyebrow.

“For marriage!We will see how she looks like and hows her manners.If I like it,you can get married”,Mr Nam proudly smile.”Now,get changed.Stop asking”.

WooHyun stood infront of his wardrobe for a moment before he responded.He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.*No,I will never meet her.Never will*.In a glimpse of eye,he ran pass his father and dashed to the front door.He need to get out from there.He knew that he must do it.

--

“Ahjumma!I need two mullet fish please”,you smiled.

“Aigoo!Lee Jin ah,you are here so early today!”,the fish ahjumma greeted.

“Yeah,I need to buy some fresh seafood today”,you replied.

You thanked and bowed after she handed you the fish you wanted.You always liked to go to the market.Everyone there treated you like their own child.They are just like your..outside family?You wished you could spend your whole day there but you knew it was not possible to do so.

Everyone in the market greeted and smile at you when they see you.Some of them even offered and gave you free things.You walked around the market,feeling as happy as ever when you noticed a little girl and her father.They were so loving and sweet.The father feed her a piece of tangerine while she warmly smile back as a thank you.The father then patted her head and peck her on the cheek.*Appa used to treat me like this,until omma pass away*,you sadly thought.

Your tears started to run.You quickly ran away from the people from the market.You swore you wont let anyone see you cry after being insulted by Lee Eun when you cried during your mother’s funeral.”Sick cry baby”,she said.

You ran into a small alley that no people is around.You put your groceries aside and sat down.You hugged your knees and started to cry.

“What must this happen to me?Why cant I have appa and umma back?Why must she appear..?”,you whispered between your cries.

Just then,WooHyun were running into the alley after being chased by his father’s bodyguards.His father noticed him running away,so he commanded his man to bring back WooHyun.Luckily,Woohyun was a good runner.He ran into the busy market and found a small alley.He rested both of his palm on his knee and pant.

He wiped his sweat that were dripping from his forehead and suddenly stunned.He just realize he is still in his pyjamas with uncombed messy hair.Then,he noticed you.He saw you burying your face into your knees but he had not known that you were crying.He approached you worriedly.You,who was crying so hard,hadn’t notice his present eventhough he is getting nearer and nearer to you.

He bent down to match his height with you and poked your shoulders with his fingers.You jumped up in shock that you accidentally elbowed WooHyun on his cheek.

“Ouch!”,he yelped.You quickly wiped your tears away and put your fist out protectively.”Whatt..what you want?”,you stupidly asked,thinking that WooHyun is a bad guy that were trying to you or something.

“Yah!Dont you know how to say sorry!Ahh”,he cried ,still rubbing his cheek.Now its even,the right side that were slapped by his father yesterday and the left side that were elbowed by a stranger.*Great*.

You lowered your fist because you had a weird feelings that he is not a bad guy and burst in laughter.WooHyun’s face were as red as tomato due to the hits.

“What are you laughing at”,he raised his brow.”Nothing”,you hold in your laughter.Then,you noticed him in pyjamas.

“What are you doing here in a pyjamas?”,you asked curiously.

WooHyun embarrassingly rubbed his forehead.”Erm..”,he stuttered.

“Oh I know!You stay at that house there isn’t it!”,you pointed your fingers to one of the old house near the market.You thought that WooHyun is a village boy because of his image of running around in pyjamas.

WooHyun turned to look at the house and just nooded.*Maybe..its better to keep it as a secret from a stranger that I am the richest bachelor in town*.He then walked towards you and leaned down to match his face and your face.Your eyes and his eyes met.

“You were crying,isn’t it?”,he asked,noticing your tears stain.

“No-,I wasn’t”,you denied.Suddenly,he cupped both of your cheek.”Pretty girls like you shouldn’t cry”,he blinked.

 

-End-

Thanks for subscribing and comments.For those who had follow all my stories until now,i appreaciate your supports alot.*touched*.Thank you!