Chapter 7- Attachment

Rescue Me

"No Amber. I should be the one that's thankful.."

It was their most honest conversation since the day they met. The very first proper one in fact. The moment they had in that ferris wheel cart was definitely a night Amber will not forget. It kept replaying inside her head for the next three days. One thing was weird though, Key hasn't contacted her since that night.

------------

It was a Wednesday, 9:00am, Amber woke up later than usual. Luna has already left for school. She went straight to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror. She sure looked like a mess. Her hair was all scruffy and standing like crazy, dark circles can be seen under her eyes. She said sarcastically, "How pretty."
She was out of it that day. She sat on a chair and sipped her coffee hoping it could help her snap out of it. But it doesn't; not a single bit.

"Ugh. What's with me?! Sunyoung? Where are you?? Go home now please.."

Amber wasn't in the mood at all. She didn't fix her bed. She didn't wash the dishes and she only had chips for the day and only bothered to watch television. It was already past 2:00pm when Luna came home.

"Unnie, I'm back.."
No one answered.

"Unnie? Oh there you are.. Unnie, why are... Eww. You haven't bathed? and why is the condo so dirty? What's up? Is something bothering you again?"

"Aneyo. Look! On TV, Mr. K. Damn, that man is surely a mystery man.."

"Who is he anyway?"

Amber was surprised and went straight to Luna.. "You don't know Mr. K?? He's like one of the richest and biggest investors in the Korean Stock Market.. I heard he is really rich and his business are really successful. I wish I could be like him someday you know.."

"Oohh Okay okay. Calm down. How was I supposed to know. I'm into acting not business."

Amber went back to the couch.

"You haven't answered my question. Why is the condo so dirty?"

"I'm just not in the mood to clean, that's all.."

Luna didn't really like Amber's answer. She rushed near the sofa and turned the TV off.

"Heyy! What was that for?! I was watching you know.."

"Start talking.."

"Talking about what? There's nothing to talk about.."

"Nothing? You just drank three MUGS of coffee, you've been lying on the couch all day and won't mind how dirty our place is.. You're only like this when you have a problem or something's bothering you.. So speak up?!"

"Why are you shouting at me???! You don't have to shout at me.. I'm still older than you!" Amber replied as she stood up the couch and confronted Luna.

"I wouldn't be like this if you aren't being difficult! I just came home from school and I found the place like this.. Who wouldn't be frustrated! And you seem like you don't care at all.."

"Luna, I.. I'm sorry.."

"Look, I'm sorry for shouting. But I just want to help."

"Yeah. I know. Sorry.. To be honest, I don't know what's up with me either."

"Well did anything happen lately?"

"Well, Key hasn't texted me since we went out the other day. I'm just bothered.."

"Ugh. That solves it.. You are  bothered that Key hasn't made contact with you since you two went out? Well have you tried visiting him?"

"well, no."

"See?! You should've went out and checked on him. What did happen anyway?"

"You see, hmm. well.."

"Fine, if you don't want to tell me, its fine. Wait, don't tell me.."

"What? Luna what??"

"Are you starting to feel something for Key??"

Amber didn't really think that way until Luna told her.

"I don't know Luna.. I honestly don't know."

A moment of silence followed. 

"Unnie I wouldn't be home for 5 days."

"Mwo?? Wae??"

"We have this enrichement activity for theater class. It's preparation for our performance.."

"Is it really necessary for you to go with them?"

"As much as I want to keep you company, I can't.. Attendance will be checked and would count as a regular class day. I can't afford an absence."

"Okay Luna. I understand. Just be careful.."

Luna started walking to her room until Amber said, "You're right. I should see how he's doing.. Thanks Sunyoung. You're really a lifesaver."

Amber bathed and immediately went out to visit Key. She arrived and knocked on the door. Key's grandma answered it.

"Aigoo. Halmeoni. Hello. Sorry for coming over unannounced.."

"No.. It's alright. I'm feeling quite lonely. It would be fun to have some company.."

Amber entered. She saw that Key's grandma was using the comforter she bought.

"Halmeoni, may I ask where Key is?"

"To be honest dear, I don't know.. Kibum hasn't really talked to me lately. I know this may not be my business, but did something happen between you two? An argument perhaps?"

"No halmeoni.. Not a single argument.."

"Well, if you are looking for him, I have a feeling he may be at downtown Seoul looking for job openings.."

"Then I'll go look for him.."

"But dear, the city is really big.."

"I'll find him. I promised you I'll reach out to him no matter what right?? I'll call when I see him."

"Okay dear. Be careful. Thank you.."

Amber went off faster than lightning.. Key's grandma mumbled, "Don't do this to her Kibum. Let her help you.."

---------------

Amber went straight to downtown Seoul and started looking for Key. She searched and looked for stores with job openings hoping she would meet Key. 4 hours passed and still no sign of him. 

"Kibum, where the hell are you?" She sighed.

As she lifted her head, she saw this jacket. A jacket so familiar, she would know who it is even in her sleep..

"Key oppa!"

He turned around. It was evident that he was surprised..

"Where have you been? I know I may sound like a lunatic for saying this but why haven't you contacted me since we went to Everland?? Did you hate it?"

"Amber, look.."

"I've been so bothered about it! You could tell me if you don't like me or you find me annoying. It kills me to the bone when I don't know what's wrong.."

Key closed his eyes and started talking, "Look, it's not that I hate you. I could never hate you.. It's me. I.."

He peeked to see Amber's reaction. He didn't expect what he saw. Amber was stunned, but not at him..

"Amber.. Amber?"

Key turned around. He thought long and hard. He was sure. That was it..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to my subscribers! Sorry I haven't updated faster than I used to. Exams in university came. Yey! I'm exempted for Biology finals.. :) Happy happy. I'm also a happy fangirl since SHINee has made their comeback! Jjang. SHINee is indeed daebak.. Their live performances are to die for.. akjcklsjdcskdcks And since Key is my bias, I couldn't stop spazzing. :D 

Anyway, back to the story.. Amber was really worried why Key started ignoring her. Key seems to reject Amber's presence.. But why? Hmm. And you think what did she see? Or should I say, who did she see????"