Chapter 28-Worry

Rescue Me

 

 
It's been going on for two months. Luna's been having recurring cases of vomiting, headaches, dizziness every now then. 
She's really starting to worry. But she hasn't told anyone about what's happening especially to Amber or Onew. She doesn't
want to bother them. She doesn't want to burden them, especially Amber.
---------
She was starting to work part time jobs around Seoul when she met Amber. Amber had already started living alone but she was still
with Henry back then. 
 
A tired looking girl came into the fast food chain she was working at and ordered two burgers, large fries,
large drink and a duo sundae. Luna was surprised that a thin looking girl could eat so much. She found the girl interesting.
She had short hair and a boyish demeanor to her.. The way she also ate her burger so sloppily was interesting for Luna. The girl
kept coming to the store every other day but Luna noticed she was getting thinner and looking more tired everytime she'd come.
One day, she was waiting for a follow up order and Luna decided to take the order and bring it to her.
 
"Ms. Here you go.."
 
The girl only gave a faint smile as a thanks. Luna sat opposite her.
 
"Hi, I know this may be none of my business but I just feel you're going through a rough time." Luna then wrote her digits
on a tissue paper."I'm Luna. call me if you want to.."
 
"Thanks Luna.. I'm Amber."
 
That was their first encounter. Amber had been a patron of the store and when Luna was on break, they'll talk. They became instant friends. They just clicked. Amber gained on weight as well. They seemed to have a mutual connection of enjoying each other's company though they were born in such different cultures. One night however, Luna called Amber. She was crying. Apparently her boyfriend which she was trying to break up with beat her up. Amber came to her rescue and invited her to stay with her. They've been roomies ever since.
 
------
 
"Unnie, how is your project with Key oppa?"
 
"Well, construction has started though I don't know in which part of Seoul it is. It's been going really well."
 
"I see. That's really good."
 
"Luna, you've been eating lately?"
 
"Hmm? Well, a little bit. Why?"
 
"You seemed to have packed a few pounds."
 
"Really? Well I haven't been to the gym lately. I'll just hit the gym later this afternoon after school. See you unnie.."
 
"Bye.."
 
Amber went on to work and Luna made her way to university. She was happy because she'll ba having a class under Onew that day.
Only her closest friends know her relationship with Onew. They'll about it when they are together but they are cautious
because other students may eavesdrop and being in a scandal is the least of the thing Luna wants Onew to be involved in.  He has a good
reputation in the school.
 
It was already past 1:00pm and Luna is still feeling sick. She wasn't in the mood to eat lunch because her stomach had been turning since
that morning. She felt really weak, her knees were shaking and her vision started to black out. She lost consciousness in the hallway.
 
-------
 
"You seem uneasy Amber, what's up?"
 
"Nothing Jonghyun oppa.. I don't know. I just feel giddy, you know?"
 
They were in a middle of a meeting with Key and some prospect investors when Amber's phone rang.
 
"Sorry.." She rejected the call. Again, it rang.
 
"Excuse me for a minute." She already answered it, it was Onew.
 
"Onew oppa? I'm in a middle of a meeting.. Can this wait?"
 
"I'm sorry for disturbing you, but Luna.."
 
"Why? What's with Luna?"
 
"She's in the hospital, at the emergency room.."
 
"What?! In what hospital? I'll be going there."
 
"Kwon Jang Memorial Hospital. It's near our university. I'm really sorry for disturbing you.."
 
"No, it's okay..Oh my gosh."
 
Amber put down her phone and entered the conference room again.
 
"Mr. Kim, I'm sorry. I need to go.."
 
"Why? We are in a meeting.."
 
"I know.. But please, it's an emergency. To all our investors, I'd like to apologize for my rudeness but a family member of mine
is in the hospital. I am her only family here in Seoul. I'm really sorry.." She bowed a full 90 degrees.
 
And Amber fled off. She was already looking for a taxi but all that were passing by already had a passenger. A car then came rushing
out of the company's parking lot, it was one of the company cars.
 
"Ms. Liu, please get in." said the driver.
 
"Omo.. Thank you.."
 
Amber told the driver where they were supposed to go. She was starting to panic. She was really worried for Luna. She had noticed
that the girl seemed pale lately but she just shrugged it off. She arrived at the hospital in no time and headed for the emergency
room.
 
"Onew oppa!"
 
"Amber-ssi?"
 
"Where is she?"
 
"She's still in the emergency room. Doctors have already attended her but no news as of the moment.."
 
Amber sat down. "This is all my fault. I should've forced her to see a doctor. I've already noticed how pale she has become lately.
I'm really sorry oppa."
 
"It's okay. None of us wanted this to happen.."
 
One of the doctors then came out.
 
"Who is the immediate family of the patient?"
 
Amber approached the doctor. "I am.."
 
"Well you see.."
 
The two seemed to discuss what was going on with Luna. Onew distanced himself from the conversation of the two.
 
"What did the doctor say?"
 
"Well, she needs to be confined for a few days. They'll be transferring her to a room later today.."
 
Onew can't figure Amber's face. He doesn't know whether Luna is fine or something serious is going on. 
 
-------- 
 
Luna was transferred to room 407.. Amber asked Onew if she could talk to the girl privately. It was a pretty long talk actually.
Onew was really nervous. Is she fine? Is she extremely sick? He had all those questions boggle his mind. Amber came out after what felt
like forever. The look on her face is again hard to read. Onew had to ease his tension of what's going on so he came rushing in Luna's room. The girl was sitting on her bed. She looked a lot better though an I-V drip was injected in her.
 
"Luna, hey.."
 
"Hey.." She had a faint smile on her face but there was worry in her eyes.
 
For some weird reason, there was an awkward silence in the room. Luna can't look at Onew in the eyes and the boy was wondering how come.
 
"Onew oppa, I'm sorry.." She started crying.
 
Onew was caught off guard. Sorry? Why was she sorry? Onew can't understand why Luna was apologizing.
 
"I already had my doubts oppa.. But I didn't want to tell you..I'm scared. What are we going to do now?? Your reputation? What will the university say? I'm so sorry oppa.."
 
"Woah, Luna.. Calm down. Come on. Tell me, what's going on.."
 
Luna shook her head. There was fear on her face.
 
"Don't scare me like this Sunyoung. Are you sick? Is it something serious?"
 
"No. I'm not sick oppa. Not a single bit.."
 
"Then what??"
 
"I'm pregnant oppa. I'm already making my way to my second month of pregnancy. Oppa, what are we going to do??"
 
Onew knew he heard it right. Luna did say she was pregnant. He smiled. He spread his arms wide open and hugged the girl.
 
"Pabo. What are you crying about? There's no need to cry.."
 
"But oppa.. You're work?"
 
"What about my work? I can always apply in other universities, right? Don't cry. This baby, we're going to raise it together.."
 
"Really oppa? You're not mad?" She looked up.
 
Onew made eye contact and just gave the most wonderful eye smile one could imagine. "Why should I? This is a blessing to both of us! Are you kidding me? I'm happy. I'm ecstatic! I'm going to be an appa!" He then placed his lips on Luna's. The girl felt reassured. She knew that Onew was a responsible guy but she was scared that he might be overwhelmed with the news. She's really happy that he was all accepting of the situation.
 
"Omo, is it a girl? A boy?"
 
"I don't know yet oppa. It's too early to tell."
 
"Seems like she already broke the news to you.." Amber butted in.
 
They laughed in unison. They were all really happy. A few hours later, Onew then went out for a while to buy food.
Amber being a sister figure to Luna volunteered to buy clothes for Luna.
 
"You still have to look pretty even though you're tummy is growing. No wonder I thought you were gaining weight.."
 
A faint knock interrupted their conversation. A male figure was seen through the door. It was Key..
 
"Omo, Key oppa?" Luna remarked.
 
"Hi Luna, I brought you some flowers."
 
"Aigoo aigoo. Thank you so much.."
 
Amber and Key then left Luna alone after a few minutes to let her rest.
 
"You didn't come back to the office.."
 
"I'm really sorry, Key.. I'm sorry I blew the possible deal."
 
"No, everything's fine. In fact they found it funny.."
 
"Mwo?"
 
"You apologizing because of an emergency. I don't know. They found it funny. They'll be meeting us again next week. They like you.."
 
"Really? Wow. That is weird."
 
"So, what happened to her?"
 
"She's pregnant. She lost consciousness because apparently all the stress from school and lack of sleep, lowered her blood pressure.
She was also a little dehydrated. The doctor said mild meds can be taken and proper rest. The doctor advised she take a leave from
school temporarily because her pregnancy is a little sensitive but other than that, she'll be fine."
 
"Really? She's pregnant? Who's the father?"
 
Distant footsteps were then heard across the hallway. Amber pointed the guy that was walking towards them.
 
"That guy, making his way towards us? That's the father.."
 
Key looked at him carefully. His eyes widened once he realized who it was.. "Onew hyung??"
 
Onew in turn focused his teeny weeney eyes towards Amber and her companion.. "Key?!"
 
The two lads hugged once they were close. Amber was lost.
 
"Wait, wait.. You two know each other???"
 
The two didn't hear her question. They were like little playmates who haven't met for so long.
 
"Hey!"
 
"Omo.. Sorry. Yes, I know him Amber. Ahh Kibummie, you've grown.."
 
"How? How did you? I can't follow.."
 
"Amber, you see.. I used to have music lessons when I was young. His father taught me how to play the piano. Whenever I had my classes
at late afternoon, Lee sonsaengnim would bring Onew hyung with him. We'll play in between practices..
 
All four entered Luna's room as if there was a great reunion party. All were laughing. All were smiling.. It was all Luna could
ever ask for. Seeing the smile back on Key's face? It was all Amber could ever ask for at that moment..
 
-------------------------------------------------
Double update! YEY!
I wanted to present the background story of Luna and Amber, how they got close to each other, how their friendship flourished and why they care for each other a lot. Little by little, Amber will discover Key's life when he was young but she has yet to  find out the "turning point" in Key's life. And though Key may seem all happy here, it isn't really because of Amber. At the end of the day, he considers Luna as a friend and meeting his childhood friend Onew also added to his happiness.. 
You do have to remember he still has this "anger" in him though it is not as intense as it was when they broke up. Two more chapters before I bring Nana back to the picture. :D enjoy.I'll be updating again tomorrow! :D