Chapter 32- Trying

Rescue Me

 

Amber went on her way all broken inside. She didn't know where to run to. She was lucky her bag was leather, her things didn't get wet.
She called up Luna.
 
"SUnyoung?"
 
"Unnie? Are you okay? Why is your voice trembling??"
 
"Can I come visit you?"
 
"Yes of course! I'm sure Onew oppa wouldn't mind.. I'll send you the address. Be careful unnie.."
 
Luna sent the address of Onew's place and Amber just walked. She wasn't from where it's located. She knocked on the door several times.
A newly browned hair Luna welcomed her.
 
"Oh my gosh! You're dripping wet! Come in here and change your clothes!!"
 
Amber didn't respond when Luna dragged her in. She was in shock from all what's been happening in her life. She loved Key so much.
But she knows.. She has to let go. She's drowning and has been blinded by her love for Key. He's been hurting her but she didn't care.
Luna gave Amber a bath as it seemed the girl was incapable of doing it herself.
 
"They fit you! You're lucky I still have some of my old clothes with me.."
 
"Thanks.."
 
"Yeobo! I'm home.." Onew shouted from the door.
 
"Oppa!" Luna ran happily greeting her husband.
 
"We have a visitor?" Onew asked as he noticed another pair of shoes by the door.
 
"Ahh well, Amber unnie is here.."
 
They entered. "Hey Amber.."
 
"Hi oppa. Sorry for being a nuisance.. I just have nowhere to go to right now.."
 
"No.. It's okay. Luna loves company since I'm out for work. Have you been crying?"
 
"No! I'm just tired that's all."
 
"You can stay the night with us if you want.." Onew offered.
 
"I'd rather not.. I don't want to disturb you."
 
"I wouldn't take no. Please? For my honey as well?" He smiled.
 
His eye smile was just adorable, no one can ever resist it. Even Amber.. "Okay oppa.. Thank you. Don't worry. It's only for tonight.."
 
--------
 
Amber accepted Onew's offer. She had to stay in the guest room though. They actually moved. Onew's previous place was a bachelor's pad. But since he's more than willing to start a family with Luna, they decided to move to a bigger place. The baby is still a long way through so they had the extra room serve as a guest room temporarily. It was already late evening and Amber can't sleep. She went to the kitchen hoping food could comfort her.
 
"Can't sleep?"
 
"Yeah.."
 
It was Luna.
 
"So does Sulli already know you're pregnant?"
 
"Yeahp. I told her a few weeks back. She was quite surprised though. She didn't know that I was with Onew oppa then.."
 
"I see.."
 
"What's up with you? Why did you go here dripping wet with the rain.."
 
"I ughh. Forgot my umbrella."
 
"How's work? I saw the magazine covers you and Key oppa were in.. You two look good together.."
 
"Luna, can we not talk about the project? It's over. I resigned."
 
"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know.."
 
"It's okay.."
 
Luna stared at Amber for a good minute.
 
"You know that I'll always be here for you right?"
 
"I know.."
 
"Come on, give your dongsaeng a hug."
 
Amber walked towards Luna's arms and wept.
 
"It's over. I can't do it anymore Luna. I have nothing left to offer. I tried.. I tried to patch things up and when I thought that things
were finally getting better, there it is. I learned he is enganged. It's all part of his plan Luna. He was playing me. It was all a show.
He made me believe that he loved me again. But he didn't. It was all a plot for revenge when he saw me that night with Henry.. I never wanted to cheat on him Luna. I never did it in the first place. But I knew it was wrong, and it broke his heart.. But this? Isn't this too much?
I had to let go Luna.. I'm tired."
 
Luna didn't really say a word. She just let Amber weep in her arms until she has stopped..
 
"Feeling better?"
 
Amber nodded and mouthed thank you..
 
"You should rest. Onew oppa might be wondering why I'm not by his side. See you in the morning unnie."
 
"Okay.."
 
Amber left the following morning after finishing breakfast with the Lees. She thanked them and considers herself in debt to them.
Last night was one of her weakest nights. She needed Luna the most then and Luna never fails her. Instead of going straight home,
Amber decided to pay Minho and Krystal a visit. It's been a while and as far as Amber remembers, Krystal must've given birth by now.
 
"Minho oppa?"
 
"How's my dongsaeng doing? You look.."
 
"Messed up I know.. You don't have to tell me."
 
"Want a drink?"
 
"No. I'm good. How's Krystal?"
 
"Well she gave birth two weeks ago."
 
"I'm sorry I wasn't able to visit.. Things have been crazy."
 
"It's okay.. No biggie. She'll be coming in tonight. You could visit if you want.."
 
"Sure..Is it a girl? Boy?"
 
"I'm a proud appa. It's a boy for us first time around.."
 
"Wow, congratulations.."
 
"Thanks.. So where's??"
 
A voice then butted in. He called on Amber's voice. It's been quite some time since Amber heard that. The voice she's turned down before.
 
"Myungsoo?"
 
"Hey. What are you doing here?" he asked.
 
"Well, what are you doing here?" she asked back.
 
"I come here often after school.. You?"
 
"I'm a patron so to speak. I know them.. They're like my adopted brother and sister, Minho and Krystal.."
 
"Ohh. I see..Are you alone?"
 
"Pretty much.."
 
"Then mind if I join you?"
 
"No. Not at all. Feel free to join in.."
 
Amber and Myungsoo spent the afternoon talking to each other. They found out that they have a lot more in common than they thought. Myungsoo is taking up music in Luna's university. Apparently his grandmother on his mother's side is part Chinese so he knows how to speak a little. Amber taught him a few words that day. Also, Myungsoo is well versed in English. Amber laughed at him though for mispronouncing some words. They had fun. Amber was able to take her mind off of Key for a while.
 
"Myungsoo, It's been fun. I need to go home.."
 
"Ohh, sorry for keeping you.."
 
"It's good. It's all right."
 
"So, see you next time?"
 
Amber paused. She nodded.
 
-------------
 
She held it tight in her hand. She must find the right time to give it to her soon. Before things are too late..
It was it. It held everything. All that is there to know.
 
He had to speak to her. His conscience can no longer bear the thought of not telling her. He must meet her.. For one last time. He needs to reveal it all.
 
------------
 
Again, I'd like to thank everyone for reading! Hoping you're enjoying reading this.. Aigoo, a few more chapters left before everything is revealed. Actually, few more details are lacking like Key's life and what happened to him and why he ran away blah blah.. 
Can you give any thoughts on who were the last two figures that were "speaking" in the last part? Teehee. Feed me with thoughts!
Stay tuned!