Epilogue

Rescue Me

It was a cold summer afternoon. If she was to put all the things that had happened to her in a single word, she'd pick just one; Amazing. If people would ask her the same question over and over again, she'd answer the same way no matter how many times. Though a lot may oppose on what was amazing in the entireity of the experience she gained the past few years, it's just the way she'd put it. It's been amazing.

She's got to admit, along the way she experienced a lot of anger, sadness and frustration. She had to go through betrayal. The pain she experienced when the only person she seemed to trust back then broke her heart. How miserable she was and sleepless nights she had to endure to try and forget the horror it was. The devastation she had to push through of having to go through another heartbreak that same year and trying to forget yet again. It was a rough ride but then again she wasn't the only one.

The mere fact that she had to break a heart at the same time. The mere fact that despite all the hurt it was still one person that she screamed for, one person she yearned for. He was the reason all the changes in her life. Though the toughest obstacle in her life was her time with him, she can't deny the fact that he was the real reason why she could consider her life amazing. She never complained on how things happened between the two of them. All that she cared about was that they were together once and for all and that's all that matters..

------------

"Yeobo.."

A man spoke which broke her out of her trance. She had been staring nonchalantly at the scenery before her that she forgot what was really going on. It was actually busy day that was ahead of her. That day has been long arranged but she can't seem to get over the fact that the day has come for them to actually celebrate. She held the man's hand so tight only have him respond the same way.

"You were such in deep thought.. Is something bothering you?"

Amber only shook her head and smiled. Trying to ease the man's worry for her..

"No, I'm fine. I just remembered something. The atmosphere somewhat influenced me.. It's just so calming here.."

The man ,soon after hearing her assuring answer, had Amber's head rest on his shoulder. The girl only showed a faint smile. His simple moves always make her feel all funny at the stomach. His simple gestures would always make her flutter.. He just has it.

"Key, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?"

"Remember the time when you asked me to wait for you and I said yes.. Did you really believe I was going to?"

"Yeah.. I believed in it hundred percent.. I know it was a selfish request on my part but I felt you'd be true to your word no matter what. I felt that when we meet again, I'd still have you by my side." Key then peeked on what Amber was doing. She was still peacefully laying her head on her loved one's shoulder..

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Do you really have to ask?"

"Yeah.. That day when we met again, did you plan all of it? Did you know I was coming?"

Key took a while before he answered Amber's question. The girl didn't dare look at him fearing she might receive an answer she doesn't want.

"No.. To tell you the truth I didn't know you were going to halmeoni's that day. I didn't know that you were going to pass by that bridge that day.."

"Then what was it?"

"I actually came from halmeoni's earlier that day. Much earlier.. I paid her visit and told her that I plan to meet with you one of the following days. I was finally able to stabilize the company and appa and I healed the wounds that were made between us. We were finally able to hug each other after the longest time. It was a hearfelt moment actually now that I think about it. I went to his room. He wasn't brave enough to look me in the eye so I just hugged him. I hugged him so tight and he hugged back saying Sorry  countless times. I missed my appa.."

"More than you missed me?"

Key let out a giggle. "Maybe?"

"So you mean, if I didn't go to halmeoni's this.. What we have now wouldn't happen?"

"Maybe now, but things may have turned out differently."

Key then fixed his posture as Amber removed her head from his shoulder. He then faced Amber and hugged her..

"But why does it matter? We're here. Together.. I'm here, hugging you so tight. Letting you feel the warmth. Now keep quiet and hug oppa back.."

Amber did as she was told. She even buried her face in his chest.. Taking in everybit of his scent and how much she loved him. She hugged even tighter only having Key let it go..

"I love you Amber.."

"I love you too, Key."

"You better fix yourself.. They're waiting for us.." Amber nodded.

She had a little trouble standing up. It's been a big change for her for the last few months. She was thankful that she had Key with her. She was thankful that her loved ones were by her side.  Key assisted her in going down the flight of stairs. It was a massive surprise from everyone. Amber had a huge smile on her face as she carefully went down. 

Luna and Onew were the very first to greet them. Jinyoung has grown to be such a beautiful young girl, her resemblance to her appa is inevitable. Minho and Krystal brought along their son which showed immense potential to be a basketball player despite the young age of 5. Jonghyun and Taemin were seated at a picnic table a few feet from the crowd seeming to be awaiting meal time like little kids. Henry was at one corner keeping halmeoni company. But perhaps one of the guests Amber was most grateful that could come were Myungsoo and Nana.. The two just came home from their honeymoon a few days back. Amber was elated to see everyone. She was near tears. Though her family is not there with them, she felt she was at home. Her friends, halmeoni and Key.. They made her feel right at home.

Amber held unto Key as she reached the final step of the stairs.. Everyone was cheering for her and congratulating her. Luna hugged her immediately, as if more excited than Amber herself.. "Congratulations unnie!"

Minho, Krystal, Jonghyun and Taemin practically much did the same. Myungsoo and Nana handed over their gift. Henry just smiled from afar while Halmeoni showered Amber with kisses on her cheeks..

"Congratulations dear.. I know you'll be great."

"Yes.. Thank you halmeoni..."

----------

It was a sight to behold.. Amber couldn't wish for anything more. She was crying. They were tears of joy.. She only had Key back hug her as he rubbed Amber's stomach..His words were more than enough to ease her..

"We have such amazing people around us, let's love her with all that we have. Let's provide for her in any means that we can. Let's be great parents okay Amber??"

Amber nodded. She felt safe. She felt rescued. It's all she could ever hope for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue! XD Sorry if it seemed a bit long but I wanted to conclude  it finally.. A little explanation on what happened on the last chapter. Again, thank you so much everyone for being part of Rescue Me! Hope you stay in tune for my future fics.