Chapter 11- Apologies and Assurance

Rescue Me

She was able to calm down way faster than she expected. Never in her dreams did she want to meet Henry again like that. She just felt lucky that Key was there  to take over the situation. She wanted to cry, big time. She didn't want to meet Henry like that and of all the ocassions, she didn't want to see Henry when she was having such a great time with Key. Key still held her hand tight.

"We could go if you want. I wouldn't mind it at all."

"No! I don't want to. I wouldn't want Henry to ruin our date like this. No.."

"Shall I ask the waiter to bring in the food?"

"Yes please.."

Key called on one of the waiters and asked whether they could already bring in the food.

To tell the truth, Amber wanted to run out of that restaurant asap. She didn't want to have that scene repeat over and over in her head. It was too much of a shock. But she didn't want the reservation Key made go to waste. Reserving a table in Namsan Tower is quite expensive plus the food he ordered. She was certain that he must've spent most of his salary just to provide a decent dinner.

The food arrived. It was an Angus Beef steak lathered with Mushroom and Thyme gravy with a potato and asparagus side dish.

"Woah. Is this Angus beef?"

"Yeah. I thought you might like it."

"Yes. Oh my gosh. It's been so long since I last ate Angus Beef. Thank you."

Their dinner was really silent. Amber loved the food but she was still quite off because of the whole encounter with Henry. On the other hand, trying to cheer up the girl called for the desserts to be brought it.

"Chocolate is known to release Endorphins in the body. I was hoping this could cheer you up."

Key ordered a chocolate truffle cake with a blueberry pudding by the side.

They digged in. Amber seemed to have finally cheered up since she's started smiling and ate the dessert happily.

"I was hoping you liked the dinner." 

"Yes. Oh my gosh, yes. I loved it." 

"It's quite late. I think I should bring you home."

"Yeah. Let's go.."

Key and Amber already left the restaurant. They rode the bus back to Amber's place since the trains were about to close in a few minutes. Amber just leaned her head on Key's shoulder the entire way.

"We're here. Come."

Amber was really sleepy. Key guided her on their way up to her condo.

Amber felt really guilty. She feels she has spoiled the entire night because of her attitude and how she acted after meeting Henry again.

"Oppa..I just can't take it anymore." She shouted near her door.

"I'm really sorry! I ruined the entire night. I'm such an insensitive piece of for doing that to you. I loved the dinner. I really did. But because of the whole Henry encounter I kind of lost it. I'm really sorry. I had fun with you the entire day. I loved those kids. I loved enjoying the day with you every moment of it.. It's just..."

Key then covered Amber's lips with his fingers.

"You know, for a an independent girl, you worry too much. You talk too much. It's okay. I know you enjoyed the dinner. I know you loved it. I can't blame you for feeling off when we started eating. Now I want you to shut up and come give oppa a hug. I'll take it as an apology."

Amber just nodded and hugged Key.

"I'll call you tomorrow. Have a good sleep okay?"

"Okay oppa. Have a safe way home."

Key waved goodbye. Amber entered the condo but she almost tripped. Apparently she almost stepped on Luna..

"Were you snooping?!"

Luna just meronged the girl.

"Sorry unnie. You shouted suddenly so I came near the door to see what was going on. I almost opened the door but I heard a man's voice so I listened instead."

"Ugh. Fine.."

"That was really mean you know?"

"Could you not put it my face that I was a ?"

"Sorry. I just thought maybe you could try to make it up to him.."

"Really? How in the world can I do that? He gave the most wonderful dinner I've had in my life."

"Why? Where did you two eat?"

"He brought me to the overlooking restaurant at Namsan Tower..  He even ordered expensive meat for our meal."

"THAT restaurant at Namsan Tower???? Did he order Angus Beef Steak? Do you know how much those things cost???"

"No. But I know they're friggin' expensive."

"How was he able to afford that unnie? He's a contractual worker isn't he?"

"I don't dig in how or how not he paid okay? That's rude."

"Yeah.. So going back to making it up to him, I got a plan."

Amber listened..

--------------

"Halmeoni! I'm home.."

"Kibum. How was it?"

"It was great Halmeoni.. Though I did something very stupid."

"What is it dear?"

"I called myself her boyfriend without even asking her officially."

"Well does she seem angry?"

"No. but.."

"Well, she doesn't seem to mind. Just ask her officially tomorrow."

"Yeah.. I guess you're right. I'll be sleeping. Good Night halmeoni.."

"Good night dear. Sleep well."

--------------

"Don't mess it up unnie.. You have one shot."

"Let's hope it goes as planned Sunyoung. I can't mess this up.."

Amber asked Key if the latter can wait back home for lunch. Amber has planned something the entire day to make it up to Key for the spoiled dinner date.

Amber was carrying two large bags. Yes, bags not just plastic bags..

"Hi oppa."

"Hi Amber.. What are you carrying?"

"Ahh, this? It's nothing. I was just hoping you could help me carry these to the playground. They're quite heavy."

"Okay?"

Key just followed. He didn't know what was inside the bags..Amber was right, they were really heavy.

"Kids!!! Line up!" Amber shouted.

"Eomma!"

"Key could you just lay down the bag over there by the bench?"

Key did as he was told. Amber then started bringing out lunch boxes from the first bag. She gave each kid one.

"There's already juice inside. Enjoy the meal."

All 19 kids were given lunch boxes.

Key was still dumbfounded. He felt the lunch boxes were still warm.

"How did you?"

"It wasn't easy. I had to wake up really early morning and go to Lin Shen's house. I asked several of your neighbors to check where she lived. I asked where the other kids lived. I asked them if they could have lunch with me at the playground. They enjoyed the thought of it. I went back home asap to prepare their lunch.."

"Is that why you have a lot of bandages on your hands?"

"Ahh, well.."

"Come oppa. Let's eat too."

Like the other day, Amber spent the afternoon with Key and the kids. They played around and ran around the playground. It was a sight to behold. They seemed like parents playing around with their kids. It was past four when they decided to bring the kids home one by one..

"Want some tea?"

"Yeah sure.."

Key and Amber went back to Key's place. He left the girl by their tiny living room. He hurriedly went to the kitchen. 

"Amber, could you help me over here????"

"Coming.."

"What is it??????"

Amber had wide open when she opened the door heading to the kitchen.. Key made the room dark by covering all the windows. The room was only lit because of a single candle on a cake Key baked for the girl..

"Oppa, what is? It's not my birthday or anything?"

"Yeah. I know.. I just wanted to bake you one. Is that so wrong?"

"No." Amber replied with a funny face.

Key took the cake to the dining area and had Amber blow the candle. Amber sliced a piece and they shared it. Chocolate icing was still left on the plate. She then took her finger and wiped all of the chocolate of the plate and wiped in on Key's nose.

"You look like Rudolph.."

Key stared at the icing which made Amber laugh. He then took a dab of chocolate from his nose and wiped it on Amber's cheek.

"Payback!"

"Ahh! That's not fair!"

They then started running around the place until both stumbled down. Amber fell on top of Key. They had a hang time of arounf three minutes before both stood up. Both of them were burning red..

"Amber.."

"Oppa.."

They said simultaneously..

"Look, I..." They said together again.

"You go first.." Again.

"Oppa, I'm really sorry." Amber then blurted. 

"I know you said it was okay but my conscience really bugged me, so I wanted to make it up to you..The kids mean a lot to you so I asked for their help. I'm really sorry Key oppa." Amber then bowed after she said that.

"I'm sorry too." Key bowed.

"I  haven't asked you formally yet I blurted it out to Henry that I'm your boyfriend. It's really unethical of me to do that. Please forgive me."

Amber then sat up.

"Why should you be sorry?"

Key was still bowing down. "Because I haven't asked you properly. I feel so insensitive for labeling myself without even asking you first."

"Oppa could you sit properly."

"Yes." Key jerked up.

Amber then cupped the boys face and planted a kiss on the lad's lips.

"You don't have to apologize for that. I didn't mind it at all. In fact, I. I ugh.."

"You what?"

"I liked it when you said that you were my boyfriend in front of Henry. I felt you really care for me. and.."

"And?"

"Oh gosh this is so embarassing.."

"And what Amber?" Key giggled.

"That you like me, that's what. So thank you.."

Key then kissed Amber back. 

"So does that mean a yes, Ms. Liu? Can you give me the honor of being your boyfriend?"

Amber nodded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't understand." Key teased.

"Yes, Mr. Kim! I am now your girlfriend. Happy?"

"Yes! I am very happy."

They laughed. It was official. They are officially together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been really in the mood lately to keep updating this fic. :) Ideas have been coming in non-stop so I keep on writing.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I think I'm halfway done? I think this fic won't be too long since the plot really goes quite fast. Ahaha. Sorry for the banner if it's not Keyber related. But I just find Key so adorable there. I'll put up a y Amber gif for the next one.
Again, I would like to thank all of  my readers and subscribers. Stay tuned for the next chapter!