Chapter 35- Behind the Walls

Rescue Me

 

"Kibum, when you meet her someday, you must tell me okay?"
 
"No. I don't want to leave your side."
 
"You must marry my dear.. I would want to see my grandchildren. I'm not getting any younger."
 
"But eomma?"
 
She started walking away with such a peaceful demeanor. She had a smile on her face and she was ever angelic.
But a screech, a loud, dragging screech followed. 
 
 
 
She was the one reason he lives. She was the one person he felt he could always trust. But when the day came of him seeing her
with another man, believing she cheated on him. He was shattered. He was broken inside. He sought revenge. He sought redemption.
Knowing that his father wanted him back, he saw this as a chance to obtain what he wants.
--------
 
"You've been sleeping okay?"
 
"Ahh, hyung. Yeah. I've been okay, I guess."
 
"When was the last time you checked your previous company?"
 
"It's been some time since I last called Jonghyun hyung. He'll be meeting me today to update me on the progress."
 
"I was quite surprised you came to the main office Key. It's not like you to actually try and be close to your father."
 
"I have my reasons Kangin hyung.."
 
"Reasons? What reasons?"
 
Key didn't answer. He does have his reasons; reasons he can't really tell. He had a lot of things to fix, a lot of pieces he has to
amend. Things went far from what he wanted to happen. He wanted revenge but he never wanted to hurt her. But apparently his grandmother was right. He only made things worse. What's worse is he broke her heart. He knows he might never have her again. 
A knock awakened him from the trance.
 
"Come in."
 
"I've got a lot to tell you.. But I think you might want to talk about one thing only."
 
"Papers please hyung.. I need to know how the business is doing. You do know that my father doesn't know that I still monitor
the branch's progress."
 
"You're too giddy aren't you? Here.. The clients have been flooding in. You're lucky that Taemin and I have been handling the situation
fairly well. It's not easy talking to those crazy clients of yours."
 
"I know and thanks.."
 
Right before Jonghyun could sit down, he caught a glimpse of Amber's photo on Key's desk. He smiled.
 
"You sure you can concentrate on your work even though she's all smiles on your desk?"
 
"Shut up hyung. You don't know how much the situation has been tormenting me."
 
"Arasso arasso. I get it."
 
A moment of silence followed until Jonghyun decided to finally open up the topic about Amber..
 
"We could talk about her if you want. I met her the other day. We had coffee."
 
Key didn't answer. Jonghyun sighed.
 
"She seems better actually.. She was actually smiling when we met which I didn't expect. What happened between you two was intense Kibum. She did say she wants to move on. I can see it in her Key, she was hurt by what you did. If only I knew that was the situation then I would've stopped you from your foolishness."
 
"You don't have to shove it up my face, hyung."
 
"I'm just saying.. Things wouldn't turn out this way if only you didn't let your emotions take over you. You're always the same. Ever since when we were young, you're always the one that would let your emotions get the best of you. Remember the time when Taemin was teased by one of the kids in the playground? He kept on calling Taemin a girl, he cried and you got so furious that you punched the kid in the face. It was funny actually. But still, it wasn't right."
 
"Could you stop lecturing me?"
 
"I'm not lecturing you! I'm just saying the better option! This wouldn't have happened if you didn't agree to marry Nana in the first place."
 
"It was part of the deal hyung! Could you blame me for seeking revenge?!" Key shouted.
 
"No! But did you actually want to break her heart? I bet not. You love her! Yet you did it anyway.." Jjong replied.
 
It was a heated argument between them. Key was being stubborn as ever not wanting to listen to Jonghyun's advice. He was about to leave but remembered to say something.
 
"The time when you called me back then? She was with a Myungsoo guy, if I remember correctly. He looks serious Key. I suggest you hurry. What you're planning isn't easy. Do you really think you can make it in time?"
 
"I don't know hyung. I don't know.  But I have to finish this before I meet her again.."
 
"I see. But hurry Key.. She might be slipping off your grip on her. She can't wait forever Key, especially after what happened."
 
"I know that.. Thanks hyung."
 
"Oh, by the way.. You gave her a bracelet right? I think she  still has it on. It was a bracelet with a locket and key charm."
 
Jonghyun went on his way after he spoke those words. Key didn't know how to react. Should he be happy that Amber still wears what he gave her or should he be sad knowing for a fact that Amber may be moving on. But can she be blamed? Again, he knows it was his fault this time.
 
"Key.. Someone is here to see you."
 
"Let 'em in."
 
"We need to talk."
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A little Key action. I've been missing him in my own chapters. XD All we've been having is MyungBer.
Anyways, someone wants to talk to Key.. Who could it be? hoho. Was this chappie a little short? Sorry. :((
Clickity next!