Chapter 31-All Over Again

Rescue Me

 

Amber couldn't be happier. She feels that that she and Key have have finally reconciled. The kiss at the party was more than
enough to tell her how Key feels for her. She came into the office with such a faint smile on her hoping not to let anyone notice
how elated she really feels.
 
"Good morning oppa!"
 
"Why are you so happy? You know, you and Key owe me big time! I had to talk to tons of guests. I didn't get to enjoy my night.."
 
"Sorry oppa..It's just that.."
 
"What?"
 
"Ani, nothing.. It's nothing. I'll be going oppa. Key wants us to work on a new project. I'll meet him in his office."
 
"He's not yet in though.."
 
"It's okay.. I'll just wait for him. Later oppa!"
 
"Later.."
 
Amber went to Key's office. The room was empty. She checked the time and she herself was surprised to know that it was only
a quarter to 9am. Key doesn't come in not until 9:30am or 10:00am. It varies most of the times. He goes not earlier than 9:30
but not later than 10. She just sat at the sofa. She kept on giggling and smiling remembering what happened that night..
 
-------
 
They headed back downstairs all smiles to mingle once again with the guests. They didn't really care that guests weren't able to
talk to them. They felt like they were the only ones in the world. Holding unto each other's hands was ecstacy. They kept taking
glances at each other. One would divert eye contact once caught. Again, they'll laugh. She felt that they were in love all over again.
 
-------
 
She took the time to look around Key's office. She didn't think he'd mind. One folder caught her attention though..
It was entitled Kim Corp Main Administrators. She was about to open it but she heard the door swing open. She immediately held 
the folder as if it were part of her file.
 
"Amber?" a female voice spoke.
 
"Nana? Hi.."
 
"Are you waiting for Key?"
 
"Yes. We'll  have to talk about the new project he's planning.." 
 
"I was at the party.. I didn't see you two."
 
"We were ughh. Maybe you just didn't notice us.. There were really a lot of guests."
 
"Yeah. Maybe, umm.. Amber, can I be honest with you?"
 
"Sure Ms. Nana. Anything.."
 
"I don't like you speaking and hanging around comfortably with Key.."
 
"Excuse me?"
 
"He's my fiancee Amber.. It was set about three months ago. Our families are well acquainted. This has been long planned, it was only
then Key actually agreed. He's been avoiding me lately since he's started working with you. I know it's because of work. 
Please do understand where I'm coming from. Key is important too me."
 
She was speechless. She expected the two would be involved in some kind of relationship but not as his fiancee.
 
"I'm sorry Ms. Nana.. Sure, I understand perfectly."
 
"Thank you Amber.."
 
------------
 
Amber left Key's office after conversing with Nana. She has accidentally brought the file with her. As she was about to place her
things on her desk, a piece of paper dropped out off the folder from Key's office.
 
"Omo. What's this?"
 
She opened it. Read and stare at it.. That's all she could do.
 
-----------
 
Key came into the office with the same face Amber came in earlier that morning.
 
"Jonghyun hyung.. Is Amber in yet?"
 
"Ahh yeah, but she went out for a while. She wanted to check the materials that'll be used for the next project."
 
"Ohh. Okay.. I see."
 
"By the way Key, Nana came in earlier today. Same time Amber came actually.."
 
"They came together?"
 
"No.. Amber came a few minutes earlier than Nana. I just don't know where Nana took off after.."
 
Amber came back past noon. Key was obviously eager to see her so it was pretty obvious he waited patiently in his office.
He welcomed Amber soon as she came.
 
"Hey! Amber.."
 
"Oh, hey.."
 
"Where did you go to?"
 
"I just checked something.."
 
"Have you eaten lunch?"
 
"Yeah.. I just finished. Talk to you later.. I've still got some paperworks to do."
 
Key just nodded and left Amber's office. He was quite wondering though why something was off. Consider Key annoying, he kept
following Amber around. Amber avoided him saying she had to meet with the design team or she was busy making proposals she could present. It was past quarter to 5:00pm when Amber has finished all of her proposals. It was raining hard that day. She wanted to submit the papers asap because she was bothered that going home would be such a hassle. What she saw however didn't thrill her..
Nana was in Key's office, hugging the boy. She did her best to hold in her tears.
 
"Mr. Kim, I already brought in the proposals. Please check on them."
 
"Place on them on the table."
 
"Thank you, I'll be going now Mr. Kim.."
 
"Wait, Amber.. Hey!"
 
Amber closed in on the door. She already brought her things with her.. She went downstairs in a rush.. Tears were welling in her eyes.
Key ran after the girl. She completely walked into the rainpour not minding how wet she'll get, not minding her things would get wet.
But right before she could get far, Key grasped her wrist.
 
"Amber, hold up.."
 
"Let my hand go."
 
"Amber?"
 
"Please! Let my hand go!!"
 
"What's up with you? You've been acting weird all day.."
 
"I'm fine, Mr. Kim.. Please, I need to go home."
 
"Are you serious? Mr. Kim? What happened? You've been avoiding me.."
 
Amber then faced Key. She was crying. He was taken aback..
 
"Why are you??"
 
"Don't touch me! I can't do this anymore. I don't know what to do to make it up to you Key. I did everything. Last night? What
was it all about? Were you just playing me the entire time?! Were you making fun of me?!"
 
"I'll never.."
 
"For God's sake Key! You're enganged aren't you?! Nana told me! She told me everything! I don't know what I can still give you.
What do you want from me, just for you to forgive me? I cried day and night, trying to repent for what I did to you! But you must know,
I never wanted to cheat on you. I'll never cheat on you. But that night, I know.. It broke your heart Key. But didn't you realize it also
broke mine? That kiss? Were you just playing? Was it all a show?"
 
"Amber.."
 
"And you! You're father?? You knew it all along? You're also a part of it weren't you? This.. All of this? I've had enough of it.
I'm tired Key. I've offered up all that I have to please you, to let you notice me again.. I can't continue on like this.
It's over Key. Was this all part of your revenge? If it is, congratulations.. You definitely succeeded. I'm more broken now than I was with Henry.
 No need to fire me, I quit.."
 
"Amber! Wait.."
 
Amber ran away under the pouring rain. Key no longer attempted to run after her. She was broken. He was guilty. He was in shock.
He raised his head staring up at the dark gray sky. He didn't know if those were running on his face were tears or just the rain.
 
"You should get inside." Nana spoke. She brought an umbrella with her. "Let's go.."
 
Key didn't complain. He didn't say a single word. She was shattered and it's all his fault. This wasn't part of his plan.
He wanted revenge. But not like this. Not breaking Amber's fragile heart into dust. He dried himself up.  Taemin and Jonghyun stood by
observing Key. They wanted to keep an eye on him. The boy has tendencies to do something rash if he's sad.
 
"You think he'll be okay hyung?"
 
"I don't know Taemin-goon. I really don't know.."
 
Nana left Key's office soon as the lad dried up. Key just sat on his chair with a blank stare.. He didn't talk to anyone. He canceled
all his meetings for the day. He didn't care if he lost his clients. He has lost her forever. Not long after though, he stood and went to
Amber's office. He cried as soon as he entered. There was a faint trace of Amber's perfume in the room. He longed for her for so long. Yet
he broke her heart..
 
Key was enraged with himself. He started throwing things off of Amber's desk, crying as he pleaded.
 
"You are so stupid Key! You're a stupid stupid bastard!" Folders, pens and papers flew. He noticed one thing though.
 
"The administration of Kim Corp?"
 
He read carefully through the list. He saw a name, a very familiar name..
 
"It can't be..."
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Amber has given up on them. She was broken not only because of Nana but also because of something else. It's just so sad but this fic's end is coming near.. :( Again, thank you to all my readers!! Clickity next!