Chapter 6-Smile

Rescue Me

 

 

 
I couldn't stop my tears when he asked me to pour out my frustration. The image seemed really dark. I saw Henry's face and my anger escalated. The tears kept coming. No matter how much I forced myself to stop crying I couldn't. I stopped soon as I thought I let everything out. When I opened my eyes, he was there. He wiped the tears off my face. The world seemed more colorful then.
 
"Amber? Amber.."
 
"Mwo? Huh? Oh, yeah."
 
"Seems like you drifted off." 
 
"Myungsoo, I think you're really great and all. You're practically the type of guy a girl would want.." 
Amber couldn't look into Myungsoo's eyes. The lad just smiled.
 
"Looks like I didn't make the cut.. Thanks though."
 
"I'm really sorry."
 
"Can I have at least a hug? I had a great time."
 
"Sure.  Thanks too."
 
----------
 
"God that was really embarassing.." Amber thought to herself as she was making her way home.
 
As soon as she arrived..
 
"Well unnie? How was it?" 
 
"Sunyoung. You should seriously stop setting me up with guys.."
 
"Mwo? Wae? Don't you like Myungsoo? He's really popular in our university you know?"
 
"He's nice Luna. He's really good but.."
 
"But what?"
 
"I don't know. I just don't feel it. I see him more of as a friend that is cool to hang out with.."
 
"Don't tell me your turning all boyish again unnie.."
 
"Aish. Stop it Sunyoung.."
 
"Fine, well you should at least rest.."
 
"Yeah.. I'll just take a shower alright?"
 
Amber fixed herself and went for a shower. Luna then snuck to obtain Amber's phone from her bag. She scrolled through the messages.
 
"Ohh. So that's your number? You better agree with me." Luna said with such an imposing attitude.
 
---------
 
She opened her eyes. That was actually the first time she noticed how unevenly painted their ceiling was. The light above her bed also seemed a lot dimmer.
 
"I should seriously change the light soon."
 
Luna then popped out of nowhere.
 
"Unnie!" She said with such a grin on her face.
 
"What do you want Luna?"
 
"Mwo? Nothing? I just wanted to wake you up. I cooked breakfast!"
 
Luna dragged Amber all the way to the kitchen to present her the breakfast she cooked.
 
"Woah. This looks good."
 
They started digging in and Amber seemed please with what Luna prepared.
 
"This is pretty good Luna.. You should cook more often."
 
"I know! Well you see unnie, I was wondering if you would go out with a guy I set up ONE LAST TIME. He was pretty hard to convince."
 
"Yeah sure.. Mwo, wait what???!"
 
"Yey! You already said yes! Don't take it back?"
 
"But Luna????"
 
"Please unnie? This one last?"
 
Amber can no longer resist. "Okay. Fine.. BUT this is the last one. Arasso??"
 
Luna just smiled.
 
Amber took a bath. She mindlessly walked around their condo not realizing what Luna has prepared on her bed.
 
"Hey Luna, what's all this?"
 
There was a set of clothing on Amber's bed. A pair of black thigh high socks, a floral skirt, plaid short, white tank top, loose gray shirt, and a beanie.
A pair wedge leather boots was aslo on her bed."
 
"Ahh this? This is what you'll be wearing."
 
"What??? Hell to the no. I wear heels and all but not this. Not this cute girly outfit?!"
 
"Come on unnie! You have to look cute once in a while."
 
Luna was really excited in dressing Amber.
 
"What's with the outfit? Where did you set us up anyway?"
 
"I set you up at Everland. It's really nice there. I already packed you a set of extra clothing in case you take water rides."
 
As soon as Luna finished dressing Amber.. "Woah, yeppo-dah! You're really pretty unnie.."
 
Amber went on her way to Everland. As soon as she arrived she remembered what Luna said..
 
"He's wearing a green jacket with a fur-like border on the hoodie. He'll be staying at the bench near the entrance."
 
"Aish Luna.. You owe me big time."
 
She approached the entrance and found the guy Luna was talking about. He had his back turned so Amber approached cautiously.
 
"Hello, I'm Amber.. Nice to..."
 
Who she saw startled her.
 
"Key?! What are you?? You? Why are? The jacket. Aigoo.."
 
"Amber? I should be asking you. Your friend called me and asked if we could meet to prepare for your birthday.."
 
"Friend?? You mean Luna? Aish that girl."
 
It was a moment of awkward silence.
 
"Well since we're here, we might as well enjoy right?" Key suggested.
 
"Yeah. I guess you're right.."
 
The duo went on the different rides the park has to offer.
 
"Woah, look! Let's ride the roller coaster."
 
Amber ran but Key didn't seem to like the idea.
 
"Come on." Amber dragged Key.
 
As soon as the ride started Key started screaming at the top of his lungs. Amber found it really amusing.
 
"You were really cute up there oppa.."
 
They were both stunned. Amber slurred her speech.
 
"I.. Omo. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.."
 
Key smiled. "Aneyo. It's okay. Call me oppa if you want to."
 
Amber smiled in reply.
 
They rode several more rides. The whole afternoon was filled with laughter.
 
"Oppa! Look ice cream! What will you have?"
 
"I'll have what you'll have."
 
"Okay. Ahjussi, two strawberry please!"
 
"This is really good." Amber said as she ate her ice cream happily.
 
It was well past 6:00pm when they decided to take one last ride.
 
"Hey want to ride the ferris wheel? We'll make it in time to see the view of Seoul at night."
 
The line for the ferris wheel was quite long. Amber blushed as she noticed that the line was filled with couples.
They had to wait for around 40 minutes to ride the ferris wheel.
 
The ride to the top seemed like forever. They were pretty lucky because they were able to stop right at the top.
 
"Woah! It's really pretty." They both remarked.
 
"Thank you Key.. Thank you for today. It's been quite a while since I had fun like that."
 
"Aneyo. I should be the one thankful to you. I've always excluded myself from happy places such as Everland.
Ever since with what happened to my parents I never wanted to elate myself too much. I decided to be an anti-social.
I lost every reason to smile."
Key then stared at Amber.
 
"But thanks to you, I found a reason to smile once again. Thank you Amber."
 
Amber was really touched. "Your welcome."
 
The ferris wheel went down. Faster than when it went up. The pull of gravity they thought. Key went off first. He took Amber's hand to assist her in going off. Their smiles said everything. The night was right. Everything seemed right.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I intended in this chapter to show that they were finally being comfortable with each other.. Stay tuned!