Chapter 21- Second Encounter

Rescue Me

 

Without a doubt, without a single question, Amber knows it. It's over. She was mad at herself for letting herself become vulnerable
when Henry came over. She blamed herself for not living up to her word of not wanting to see Henry again when they were in Jeju.
Tears didn't fall on her face. She was filled with frustration. She's frustrated over the fact that Key could've reconciled with her
and she blew it, totally blew it. Luna came home soon after..
 
"Unnie, I'm home. Are you there?"
 
"Sunyoung.." She answered meekly.
 
"Hey unnie, what's up? You drinking?"
 
"No.."
 
"No? Why is there vodka on the table?"
 
"Okay, I am.. Was!"
 
"And why is there spilled wine on the carpet by the door?? Did you have a party or something?"
 
"More like a disaster." Amber said as she placed her head between her knees.
 
"What happened?"
 
Amber can no longer control the tears that didn't want to come out.
 
"It's over Luna.. I blew it."
 
"Blew what?"
 
"My chances of making up with Key.. It's my fault Luna. Hh-he came over today but he caught me on the act of kissing Henry.."
 
"That's too.. Wait, what??? Kissing who? Henry?!"
 
Amber just nodded.
 
"What got into you?! Why were you kissing Henry?"
 
"I didn't kiss him! He kissed me. He suddenly came over when I got home. Apparently he knew Key was coming to make up with me.
He purposedly did that.. I don't  know what to do Luna. I actually let him kiss me! How can I be so stupid Luna? I hurt the most
precious man in my life. I'm such a worthless person!"
 
"Don't talk like that unnie. You are not worthless."
 
"I've got to face it Sunyoung. It's over for us.."
 
"You better rest unnie. You reek of alcohol. You better get some rest and I'll treat you to something tomorrow."
 
Amber just followed what her dongsaeng told her. Luna was right. She needs to fix herself.
----------
 
It has been two weeks since Key and Amber last talked. Amber went out with Luna. They were at Changpyeong, a little district within Seoul.
Luna usually takes Amber out several times a week to help her cope with what has happened between her unnie and Key. Luna noticed a big
change in Amber since the incident. The girl has gotten a lot quieter. She barely talks to other people. She would only speak back if
asked. Most of the times as well, Amber would wander off, obviously thinking of something else.
 
"Sunyoung, what are we doing here?"
 
"Well, some simple RnR I guess? We usually eat out or watch a movie.. I want to try something new."
 
"Are we going to a spa or something?"
 
"Not really. More of a secluded tea place. Come on! We're near."
 
Luna tugged unto Amber and brought her to a tea place.
 
"Ta-da!"
 
"It is quite quiet. I like it."
 
"Let's find a seat.."
 
A waitress soon approached them.
 
"Hi. So what will you two ladies have?"
 
"Your bestseller. We'll have that.." Luna said.
 
"Okay.. In a while."
 
After three minutes, the waitress handed over two clay glasses to Amber and Luna. "Here.."
 
"Thanks."
 
Luna sniffed the tea.. "It smells good unnie. Go on! Take a sip. It's my treat."
 
Amber picked her glass. Her eyes widened..
 
"This scent.."
 
She then immediately took a sip. Tears started to well in her eyes.
 
"Unnie? Oh my gosh.."
 
"No, I'm fine. This tea.. It's the exact tea Key gave me the first time we met.."
 
"I'm sorry.. I didn't know."
 
Amber shook her head. "I should thank you. I've been feeling so emotionless lately. This tea kind of woke me up."
 
"It's been two weeks since I last saw Key.. To be honest, I tried to avert my attention and not think about it too much.
But everytime I try to, random thoughts of him would just pop up. Then I realized, I shouldn't cry about it. I should be happy
that though we're over, I have great memories of him with me."
 
Amber then looked at Luna.
 
"Sunyoung, thank you so much for bearing with me. Thank you.. I should start fixing myself. I have clients to meet."
 
"That's the Amber unnie I know..."
 
------------
 
"I'm surprised.. You took my offer. I thought you'd never budge."
 
"..."
 
"I was just kidding. So, are you ready for this?"
 
"I'll do what's necessary and needed of me. Now, paperwork? What's the consequence?"
 
"Consequence? There's no such thing. At this age, I am no longer a man of schemes. Start tomorrow. That's all I ask."
 
"Arasso.. I'll get going."
------------
 
It's been three days since Amber and Luna went to that cafe.
 
"Woah, unnie. Why are you all dressed up?"
 
"I'll be meeting a representive of a client today.. I don't know the client's name but I heard this one's big."
 
"News flash!"
 
"Seriously Luna? News?"
 
"What? It's still early, nothing's on yet."
 
"There had been reports going on that Mr. K found his child. No reports however have confirmed whether it's a son or daughter.
But there had been rumors, it's a daughter for Mr. K. Fan accounts also saw a woman aged around 19-23 enter Mr. K's headquarters
yesterday. We'll keep you updated."
 
"Mr. K? He's like this big business man right?"
 
"Not only big Luna, he's like one of the biggest stockholders in Korea. I'm kind of surprised that he has a daughter if ever."
 
"Mwo? Why?"
 
"Well, he never publicly admitted he had a child with his first marriage. It boggles me especially the fact that Mr. K is rarely
seen in public."
 
"Unnie, you're late."
 
"Huh?"
 
"You're late."
 
"La.. Oh yeah! Gosh, thanks Luna. See you."
 
"Close this deal!"
 
Amber rushed to the nearest bus station. They were scheduled to meet at a restaurant around 10 blocks from her place.
 
"Gosh, this has been a vice of mine." Amber talked to herself.
 
As soon as she arrived, she didn't expect to see a familiar face.
 
"Hi, I'm Taemin.. Nice to meet you."
 
"Hi Taemin. I'm Amber."
 
The lad's face seems really familiar.
 
"I'm sorry, have we met before?"
 
The boy obviously flustered, stuttered. "Ahhhh. Aha. Uhm. No, I don't think so Amber."
 
"So, what do you want to happen today?"
 
"Ah, well my boss ordered me to visit your store and check it out and give him a call."
 
"I see. Come on. Let's go."
 
 
The two headed to Amber's store and the girl talked about it while touring Taemin around. 
 
"Personally, I like the atmosphere of your store. It's young but still wants business."
 
Taemin then noticed a little picture near the cashier. He went near and Amber wondered where he was going. He picked up the photo.
 
"You're boyfriend?"
 
"Nope. More like ex-boyfriend.."
 
"I see. Hold on. I'll call my boss."
 
---------
 
"Yeobosaeyo? Boss? yeah. I'm at the store. I like it a lot. No.. Yeah, saw one. Yeah just one. I don't have such a keen eye boss."
Hyung! Sorry boss. When? Where? Are you sure? Okay, I'll tell her."
 
"Seems like your boss is a guy.."
 
"Ahh, yeah. I usually slip in saying Hyung towards him. He isn't much older than I am so sometimes he doesn't mind but since this
is work, he obliges me to call him boss."
 
"So, what did he say?"
 
"Ooh, tomorrow he wants to meet up with you. I'll just text you the location for you to get there tomorrow. It'll be at his office."
 
"Okay.. There's no problem in that."
 
"So, perhaps tomorrow Amber? I'll be calling you. My boss said he needs me in his office."
 
"Yeah.. Sure. It's okay. Thank you. I'll be waiting for your call.."
 
Taemin left immediately. He was obviously in a hurry.
 
"That Taemin guy, he's really pretty, too pretty for a boy." Amber mumbled.
 
She just checked a few stuff in her store and checked on her staff if things are doing well. She also apologized for recent absence in the store.
 
------------
 
"Unnie!"
 
"Woah, Luna?  You're home early, what's up?"
 
"Nothing. It's our final performance in five days. We were given a day off today.."
 
"Really? That's good."
 
"So, unnie."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"How have you been doing?"
 
"Don't worry about me Sunyoung.. I'm really great. I'm just focusing on my business for now. Speaking of, I met a really pretty boy earlier."
 
"Really? What's his name?"
 
"Yeah. His name is Taemin.. He seems really young though to be working.. He looks about your age."
 
"Ooohh.. Well, how did it go? Did you close a deal?"
 
"Not yet. He's only a representative. I'll be meeting his boss tomorrow. I'm hoping it'll turn out as planned."
 
----------
 
Amber woke up early in anticipating Taemin's call. It was already 10:30am and she was starting to worry whether the client would still be interested. Her phone then
ringed.
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"Ah, yes. Amber, it's me? Taemin. Our boss just got in. Could you text me the address of your place? A carpool will fetch that will bring you here."
 
"Omo. Really? Isn't that too much?"
 
"No.. It's our boss' orders. Text me yah?"
 
Amber put the phone down and sent Taemin her address.
 
"His boss is really modest.."
 
Amber headed downstairs and a carpool arrived after 10 minutes of waiting. The driver even opened up the door for her.
 
"Thank you."
 
They passed by high buildings. Amber wasn't able to go to that part of the city. It was where the top companies stay.. From LG, Samsung and even a major branch of Hyundai
can be found in that area.
 
"We're here.."
 
Amber went off the car. She was dropped off at a 25-storey building. Taemin welcomed her at the door. 
 
"Come on.. The boss is waiting for you.."
 
Amber was like a lost child inside. The exterior of the building seemed really plain but the interior was to die for.. Golden chandeliers, marble counter tops
and carbon floors. Amber kept looking around, as they entered the elevator to go to the penthouse she saw a familiar figure right before the elevator door closed..
 
"Kangin oppa?" She mustered.
 
Inside the elevator,  Taemin is talkative as always..
 
"I'm surprised our boss personally asked a carpool for you.. He rarely does that. Actually, now that I think about it, he's never done that in the past two weeks."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Well, he just came back.. He's been gone for a while. Don't tell this to anyone but our boss is a really good hyung. I grew up with him but we kind of lost contact.
Good thing he's back though. He seems more mature and firm."
 
"Wow, that sounds like someone I know."
 
"We're here."
 
They reached the penthouse. It was beautiful. Purely white and black furniture filled the place..
 
"Oh, I forgot to tell you. His father is really rich!" Taemin smirked.
 
"Taemin-ah! You never change.. You talk too much." 
 
"Ohh, Hyung! I mean boss. Hey, should I get going?"
 
"Yeah. Just be on call, okay?"
 
Taemin left. Amber froze..
 
"That voice..."
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Another double update! I've been writing this fic nonstop.. The storyline just keeps on coming in. Amber is trying to move on. Key hasn't contacted her since. Missing the good moments? Hoho. Please be patient, more chapters will be coming.. Didn't I say before that this fic is halfway done? Well, new scenes came into mind so maybe I'll extend it. You like that? :) Hope you don't get tired of reading my fic. Stay tuned!