Chapter 23-Boss

Rescue Me

 

Amber went to check out her newly constructed office a floor below the penthouse. Jonghyun and Taemin were
there to assist her. She didn't have a say on how the construction would look like or how her office would
be arranged. She did like how the design team did her office though. A lot better than she expected.
 
"So, do you like it Amber?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Yeah.. I like it a lot. The colors, they're not too loud but not too gloomy at the same time..The furnishings
are amazing. Thanks.." 
 
"Really? Woah. Glad you like it. Boss Key chose everything.." Taemin added.
 
Jonghyun then gave the kid a whack at the head.
 
"What?!"
 
"You're just too noisy, you know?"
 
Amber laughed it off. "So Key chose this for me?" She thought.
 
"Amber, Key said he'll meet you in his office in thirty minutes.. He's on his way."
 
"Okay.. I'll be here."
 
The two left and Amber was left in her office. She scanned the entire room. she really liked it.
 
"He knows my taste really well."
 
She looked at the paintings, sculptures. She also got a state of the art computer and a mahogany made table.
Her receiving area was also big. The sofa is made of silk. She just wanted to lie down and feel it. She laid down.
------
 
"Amber.. Amber!"
 
"Mwo? Huh?"
 
"What are you doing? You're late!"
 
"Taemin?"
 
"Key is going to be angry! Hurry up!!"
 
"Ohh my gosh.. Why didn't you wake me up?!"
 
"I was.. You were sleeping so soundly on the sofa.."
 
"Oh my.. Ughh. How do I look?"
 
"You look fine. Go!"
 
Amber ran up the stairs in a hurry to reach Key's office. The elevator was still several floors below. She can't afford to be so late. She fixed herself up before entering his office.
 
"Key?" She peeked in.
 
"Do you what time is it?!"
 
"I'm sorry.. I fell asleep in my office."
 
"Please, sit down."
 
Amber sat down.. She brought several paperwork which included several of her business plans.
 
"Key, here's the.."
 
"Mr. Kim. Please address me as Mr. Kim.. I am your client and I am your boss. I wish to maintain a professional relationship between us Ms. Liu. Please follow protocol."
 
Amber raised an eyebrow when key turned around and made a funny face.
 
"So, about proposals on marketing and advertisement? Were you able to prepare them?"
 
"Yes. I brought in about five.."
 
"Five? Just five?"
 
"Yes. Five.."
 
"I was hoping for more. My business is owned by a reputable company and I cannot jeopardize it because of poor advertising. Ugh. Can I read them?"
 
Amber handed in her papers. Key read each one for about 15 minutes and made some notes on the side.
 
"I made some notes and edits on your proposals. I don't really like them. Please make the necessary edits. I'll be needing
fifteen proposals by the end of the day.. Contact Jonghyun once you're done."
 
"Fifteen? Mr. Kim, are you serious? Fifteen."
 
"Yes. I said it quite clearly.. Fifteen. Tick tock."
 
Amber left the office and stomped her way down the stairs. Jonghyun saw her..
 
"Yoh, Amber. What's with the long face?"
 
"I never knew your boss, Mr. Kim is such a diva. Are you serious? FIFTEEN PROPALS IN Five hours?! Arrgghh!!"
 
Amber went straight on her computer. She's really frustrated that Key required fifteen proposals by the end of the day.
 
"He's got to be kidding me. Does he actually know how hard it is to make business proposals!? Ughh!"
 
After two hours, Amber only has six done. She had to edit the first five and thinking about a new one isn't really easy.
Jonghyun came in.
 
"Amber?"
 
"Jonghyun oppa? Hey."
 
"I brought lunch.. You've been on that computer for two hours. Rest a bit.."
 
"I can't. Key needs fifteen proposals from me by the end of the day.."
 
"Really? That is a lot."
 
"See?! And I bet he doesn't even read every single detail. Does he even know what he wants?"
 
"Key may seem like a bossy man but he knows what he wants.. He didn't finish business school early for no reason."
 
"Early?"
 
"Well, Mr. Kim is indeed his father and the business gene seems to run in his blood. He graduated business at the age of fourteen."
 
"Fourteen?!"
 
"Yeah. He silently managed one of their shops after graduating. But I heard he went off somewhere and stopped managing the store. Oh
well, he is back and I'm glad to see him.. Before I left, he seems really sad and all. He seems different now though. The aura of sadness
is still there but something is keeping him happy. I just can't tell what it is. Anyway, you should get back to work.."
 
Amber was surprised that Key actually got to finish business school at the age of fourteen. 
 
"No wonder he was able to talk to Henry like that.."
 
Her office phone then ringed.
 
"Taemin?"
 
"Yeah. Amber, boss Key said he only needs ten proposals. If you're done by now he said go to his office asap.."
 
"Ten? But I've already done eleven, and I'm working on the twelfth one.."
 
"Woah? really? Just get the 11 ones printed and bring it to him. He seems impatient."
 
"Okay, arasso.."
 
Amber grabbed all eleven proposals and headed to Key's office.
 
"Mr. Kim?"
 
"Come in.." 
 
Key was busy looking through paper works.
 
"I brought in eleven.."
 
"Kindly lay them down on my table first. I'll get to them in a while. Take a seat.  There's coffee if you want."
 
Amber helped herself a cup of coffee and sat down on the sofa. She looked at Key. He looked so focused. She's never seen Key
in such light. He always seemed chilled and at ease. Not like this Key in front of her, tense and snappy.
 
"You're coffee is getting cold." He said. 
 
Amber got embarassed. Key seems to have noticed that she was looking at him. Several minutes after, he reached in for the proposals.
He segregated each one in two; one stack had four, the other seven. 
 
"Ms. Liu?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"The stack which has four papers, make a few more edits and additions. The other seven please scrap them.."
 
"Scrap? Why?"
 
"I don't like them. Work around those four.."
 
Amber looked at the clock.
 
"I need you to do overtime. I need an advertisement plan by tonight. I'll be waiting.."
 
"I get it."
 
Amber closed in on the door behind her and fell on her feet. Taemin was watching her.
 
"Well? How did it go?"
 
Amber shook her head.
 
"I still need to do some edits..I'll be working overtime."
 
--------
 
For the second time, Amber went to her office and examine the four papers Key wanted her to work on.
 
"What more does he want?"
 
She read each one and added details. It was already 9:00pm and she still wasn't done. She heard a knock on the door.
 
"Jonghyun oppa, I'll be done in a bit.. Sorry."
 
"Ms.Liu?"
 
"Mr. Kim?"
 
"Jonghyun already left. He said he needs to do something.. Aren't you done yet?"
 
"Sorry. I'm about to finish the last one."
 
"I brought you food. I've realized we haven't eaten yet."
 
Amber didn't expect that. "Thank you."
 
Key then placed the food on a table near the door.
 
 "I'll be upstairs. Please hurry.."
 
Amber smiled. "Yes, Mr. Kim. Thank you.."
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Okay so I brought in a little bit of the diva Key in this chapter.. How was it? LOL. Oh, Key.. You stubborn, stubborn boss. Give Amber a break, yeah? :D Stay tuned for the next one.