Chapter 3- Phone Call

Rescue Me

She woke up in a better mood. She doesn't understand why but meeting Key makes her really happy. She went out of her bed and just like the usual she tried to prepare breakfast. She planned to make omelette that day and four slices of ham and five strips of bacon. Luna was still asleep. A friend of hers, Sulli, had an overnight stay at their condo because of a study session Luna conducted. 

She sang this happy tune as she was cooking not noticing that Luna woke up.

"Unnie, what's that smell?"

"I'm just cooking breakfast. Be ready in a bit. Wake Sulli up."

It was 7.30am, Amber whipped up a scrumptuous breakfast. 

"Woah! Amber unnie. This looks good." Sulli remarked.

"Nah. She's just in a good mood." Luna replied.

"Luna will you stop teasing me?"

"What? I didn't say anything." (giggle)

"Hey, are you girls busy today or something?" Amber asked.

"Hmm, nope. Not really." They replied.

"I was wondering if you guys would want to accompany me."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know. Shop. Dine perhaps? I don't know. I just want to treat you guys especially Luna since you just came back."

"Aww, that's so sweet. No, seriously. Why?"

"It's my welcome back gift okay? Besides I want to check out this tea house at the mall we love to go to. I heard they have traditional green tea or something."

Luna still doesn't believe Amber. 

"You're not the type that likes to drink tea unnie, what got you into it?"

"Huh? Well."

The two girls stared at Amber.

"It was because of that guy okay? He had me drink this tea. I've been wanting to have it again. I was hoping that tea shop would be serving the same kind."

"Oohh. No wonder you're so happy. Wait! Did you meet him again?" Luna asked.

"Let's just say destiny wanted it." Amber teased.

"Oh my gosssshhh!" The girls squealed.

"SSsshhh! calm down!"

"You met him last night??? Where? When? What'd you guys do?"

"Woah, one question at a time."

"I saw him at the train station last night. I treated him dinner as a thanks for helping me the other night."

"Ooohh. So, did you manage to get his name this time?" Luna asked.

"Duhh, of course." 

"What's his name?" Sulli asked.

"It's Key."

"Key??" They both remarked.

"What a weird name.."

"Ughh quit it! Hurry and shower before I change my mind in treating you two."

The girls headed out to Agpujeong first to look for clothes and accessories. They managed to grab some deals but not as much. They then headed back to Central Seoul and headed for their favorite mall. They shopped and ate and shopped some more. It was as if Amber's pocket was overflowing with money.

"Gosh unnie. Thank God you have such a great job." Luna said as they were resting at one of the benches in the mall.

"I do have to thank God. My business didn't start out easily."

It was 8:00pm. Amber invited the girls to have tea.

"Hey, wanna have tea? It's already 8:00."

"Sure!"

As they were walking, Amber's phone rang. "Excuse me."

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Yeobeoseyo? Amber are you there?" a trembling voice said.

"Hello? Key? Yes. It's me. Why?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know who to call. My grandma is at the hospital. She started breathing heavily I.. I.."

"Key calm down! I'll be right there.."

Amber disconnected the phone call. "Seems like our tea time will have to wait. Sorry girls. I've got to go."

Amber looked for the closest  taxi and asked Key where he was. The boy texted the location. Amber arrived in about 10 mins.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know who to call. I started panicking. She started breathing heavily and suddenly lost consciousness." he said while crying.

"Calm down. I'll try to help in any way that I can. Where is she?"

"She's in the emergency room. The doctors haven't come out in 2 hours."

They waited for an hour more. Key was obviously restless. Suddenly his phone rang. He looked at it.

"Amber could you excuse me for a sec?"

"Uh, yeah sure."

Key left where he was sitting and answered the call a few feet away from Amber.

"What do you want? What? Tell him I said no. I said no. How come you guys are always so persistent??Tell him that I'll never receive his money!"

Amber heard everything. She was surprised that Key started shouting like that.

"Sorry about that."

"No. It's okay." Amber said.

Two more hours passed and finally a doctor went out.

"Mr. Kim??"

"Yes?"

"I'm glad to say that you're grandmother is now stable but she is still unconscious. I would have her stay here in the hospital for a few more days. You can meet her within an hour."

Key was relieved. "Ahh, doctor. Thank you. Thank you so much!"

He turned around. There were tears in his eyes but definitely tears of joy. He then had this urge to hug Amber.

"Ahh, Amber. Thank you so much!"

"For what Key?"

"For staying here, I don't know what could've happened if you didn't come. Thank you so much!"

He jumped and jumped for joy. He was happy. Amber was happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hohoho.. :)  Another chapter! XD How is it? Hope you liked it. Stay tuned! :D