Chapter 30-Giving In

Rescue Me

 

"Hey, it's been some time since I last came home..I miss you."
 
"I know dear. I know you do.."
 
"I don't I can still do this.."
 
"You were never forced to this in the first place Kibum.. You're just hurting yourself."
 
"But she broke it..Things would never be like this if she hadn't done that.."
 
"Look within you dear, find that place in your heart for forgiveness."
 
"I don't think there still will be a place for that. I've got to go..Bye. I love you."
 
"I love you too.."
 
----------
 
Agitated, nervous, giddy, squirmy and every possible adjective you could think of;
you can use to describe Amber's rapid beating heart. She was thrilled when Key actually said that she'll be
cutting the ribbon for the opening of a restaurant in Seoul under Kim Corp. She'd never experienced such a
grand event. Ribbon cutting is such a big deal for a business. She felt honored yet pressured at the same time.
She has opened up the depths of her closet to find a decent dress. The dress they bought for the dinner was
in really bad condition because of all the rips she has made. She practically had nothing to wear.
 
"This is impossible. I don't think I can still cut the ribbon if I don't have a dress to wear.."
 
Losing hope, she thought of one last thing as the last option. She reached for her phone.
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"Unnie, I need your help.."
 
Amber went down to a cafe near her place to wait for someone.
 
"You're lucky I didn't get lost.."
 
"Sorry unnie, I need your help bigtime.."
 
It was the stylist Key hired for Amber when they had to attend the business dinner.
 
"Master Key actually told me that you'll be having a ribbon cutting ceremony tonight. He did say that you'll be there.
I didn't expect you're the one who's cutting the ribbon.."
 
"I had a contribution in the develpoment of that project, so I think it should be right for me to cut it at least.."
 
"I suppose. So why did you call?"
 
"Well, you see is.. I don't really have a dress to wear to the event? I need your help in picking out one."
 
"Ahh! I thought you'll never ask.. Come on!"
 
The stylist dragged Amber out of the cafe and they immediately rented a cab. She took her to a small town.
Far from the high fashion district of Seoul.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"You'll see."
 
They went off at a three storey apartment type building. The stylist led Amber to the third floor and a huge design studio welcomed her.
 
"Wow! Is this your place?"
 
"Yeah.. I'm actually studying design.."
 
"So, why are we here?"
 
"Well you see, when I met you that day? I was actually inspired to make a dress for you.. I don't know why. But I just did.."
 
"Really? Omo.. Thank you."
 
"I want to show you something.."
 
The stylist headed towards a small walk in closet and brought out a dress..
 
"Well? How do you like it?"
 
"Wow.. It's really beautiful."
 
"This is the dress I made for you.. I want you to wear it for the ceremony.. Though I'm not sure it'll fit perfectly. I wasn't able
to take your measurements.."
 
"Really? This is for me? Oh my gosh.. Thank you unnie. I'll be honored to wear it."
 
The dress is made of several colors; blues,  greens, yellows, reds and pinks. It's not typically Amber's taste to wear such loud colors.
But she really likes it. She tried it on. It fits like a glove.
 
"Wow, what do you know? I don't think I have to make adjustments at all.. You like it?"
 
"Like it? I love it!"
 
"Okay, it's settled then. Now we have to style you!"
 
----------
 
"Why does she always have to be late!"
 
"Key, calm down. I bet she'll be coming.."
 
"All of our guests have arrived. The photographers are here. She's the only one left.."
 
Jonghyun then tapped Key's shoulder. "You're Cinderella, she's here.."
 
Again, it was as if time stood still for the two of them.. Key turned to see if it was Amber. It was.
She came out of a car in her beautiful dress. The stylist had her her dyed to a jet black color.. She had a lip on her.
She was gorgeous.
 
The photographers took pictures of Amber which kind of startled her. Key then reached out for his hand as to somewhat lead Amber
up the steps heading towards the door of the restaurant.
 
"We should start.."
 
Amber nodded.
 
She was holding really large scissors in her hands, similar to that of a grass cutter. She then opened its mouth and clipped the ribbon.
Everybody clapped. They then guided and welcomed the guests in. The restaurant Key built under their corporation is obviously a restaurant for the rich. It was a three storey restaurant. The first floor was where the kitchen was placed and some tables. The second floor held the main hall for the diners while the third was the VIP lounge. It had a bar and loveseats.
 
Amber and Key remained on each other's side the entire night greeting the guests, thanking them for coming.
 
"Are you bored?" Key whispered.
 
"Well, a little bit." She replied.
 
Key then took Amber's hand and led her to the third floor. No one was there. The guests were busy eating a floor below.
He told the bartender to whip up two drinks. He took both and led Amber to a small passage near the comfort room.
 
"Where are you taking me??" She giggled.
 
"Just wait.."
 
Key then pressed on one of the tiles on the wall and a shaft opened. A series of stairs soon followed.
 
"Come.."
 
Key apparently took Amber to the rooftop.
 
"I'm the only that actually knows that way exists. I wanted to have a little sanctuary when I come and visit the place so 
I thought why not the rooftop."
 
"It's really fresh up here Key.."
 
The restaurant wasn't so high but high enough to have a view of the cars passing by the highway. The lights were beautiful.
 
"Here.."  Key handed the glass.
 
"Ohh, I try not to drink anymore.."
 
"Come on. It's just one."
 
Amber took it.
 
"Let's have a toast.." Key invited.
 
"For a successful collaboration.." he said.
 
"For the success of the restaurant." Amber added.
 
They toasted and immediately took a sip from their glasses.
 
The rest of the night they spent laughing, giggling, playing games and making fun of the people that walk below.
 
"We work great together.." Key remarked.
 
"Yeah, I guess so. I have to commend the design team though. My proposals for the design wasn't easy.."
 
"Amber?"
 
"Yes?"
 
They then had eye contact. They stared into each other's eyes. They knew it. They were thinking the same thing. They were feeling the same thing. Key leaned in. Amber just kept on staring. He leaned in a little closer and soon they were just a few inches away.
 
"You look beautiful tonight.." He whispered.
 
The feeling of his breath as it hit her face made her shiver. They were never that close before since that night.
Her heart was beating so fast like it's going to burst.
 
"You could kiss me, if you want to." She blurted.
 
Key giggled, "You know me to well."
 
And wasting no time, he finally placed his lips on hers. All of their memories rushed into both of them. It was a nostlagic kiss.
No, in fact it seemed better. They've longed for each other so much. Key bit Amber's lower lip. The girl took it as a sign and she opened . Key slid his tongue and their tongues battled. Things were definitely heating up. Key cut off the kiss to gasp for air.
 
"I think we should head back down. Jonghyun might be going crazy handling all the guests.."
 
"Yeah, I guess you're right. It's cold out here.."
 
They then held hands and made it down the stairs to head back to the 2nd floor. They seemed to be the happiest people alive.
They believe that their happiness was going to last.. Or so they thought.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sorry I wasn't able to give you a double update yesterday. I wasn't really in the mood to write.
So, yeah.. Was it hanging? Can you see that Key seems to be "falling in love" with Amber all over again? Hoho. Look out for something though. Next chapter is going to be intense so I need some time to write and think it through. look out for it though!