Chapter 14- Is it a deal?

Rescue Me

 

 
It was still a magnificent encounter. She met such a beautiful woman. No, it's not that she's going all crazy for Victoria. It was just that she the latter made an impact on her. Her presence, her beauty and her aura were all admirable for Amber.
 
"Hello? Earth to Amber? Hello?"
 
"Ahh yes oppa? What is it?"
 
"I was asking how was your client talk yesterday? Were you able to make a deal?"
 
"Ahh. Sadly no, but I have this feeling she will call anytime soon."
 
"I see. Well, how did it go? What happened?"
 
"Well she checked out my store. She said she really liked the way it was laid out. The presentation,segregation of items and others. To be honest I was really starstruck with her. She was incredibly beautiful."
 
"But you are beautiful too Amber."
 
"Thanks oppa. But seriously, she is like the epitomy of beauty. You should've seen her. Also, we're both from foreign lands so I can somewhat relate to her."
 
"Really? How were you able to say so?"
 
"Her name. It definitely doesn't sound Korean. I call her Victoria but apparently her real name is Song Qien."
 
"Song Qien?"
 
"Yeah. It sounds very Chinese to me.."
 
"Song Qien.." Key kept murmuring the name.
 
"Oppa, why? What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing, it's just her name sounds so familiar.. It's like I've heard it before."
 
"Maybe you saw it in an ad or something? Forget about it."
 
"Yeah.. I guess so."
 
Amber and Key definitely had their pep talk with each other that day. But it was cut short since Amber received a phone call. It was from Victoria.
 
"Woah. Oppa, I've got to go. Victoria texted me and asked if we could meet. She said bring paperwork.."
 
"Really? Well go. I wouldn't want to ruin your chance of closing in on a deal. Good luck."
 
"Thanks oppa. Bye!"
 
---------------
 
It was Key's day off. He just went straight home since he doesn't really have anything better to do. However, the name of Amber's new client still bothered him.
 
"Halmeoni, I'm home."
 
"Welcome back Kibum. So, how is Amber?"
 
"She's doing great. Halmeoni do you know any Chinese people?"
 
"None really. Why?"
 
"Song Qien, it sounds really familiar. It really seems that I've heard it before."
 
"Maybe it's just your imagination. Forget and stop thinking about it dear.."
 
Key still couldn't take his mind off the name. He mumbled and thought hard. Until his eyes widened. It was as if he was enlightened with something. 
 
"That's it...But why?"
 
----------------
 
Amber came to meet Victoria as fast as she could.
 
"I'm sorry. I always arrive late for our meetings."
 
"Please don't apologize. It's no big."
 
"I'm really interested in your business Amber."
 
"Thanks. I brought in some papers, I was just wondering what product you would put in our store? I think it would be best for us to be able to talk asap on how we will present the product to our target market."
 
"Product?"
 
"Ahh, yeah?"
 
"Ohh. Sorry, I lost you there. About that.. I want to buy your business."
 
"Products? Well we could.."
 
"No Amber, I want to buy your business. I want to be its new owner. I want the title basically.."
 
"Excuse me?"
 
"You heard me. I want to buy your business."
 
"But Victoria, it's not for sale."
 
"Even though I would offer you 750 million Won for it?"
 
Amber was surprised on how large the sum of money Victoria was willing to offer.
 
"Amber how much did you invest into your business?"
 
"Ahh, well.. Around 5 million won."
 
"If you sell me your business you will definitely gain an incredible profit, am I right?"
 
"Well yeah.."
 
"Think about it. You could start anew with the money I'm offering you.."
 
Amber thought long hard. She had a firm decision and she knew she wouldn't regret it.."
 
"I've put effort, blood, time and love on my business. Seeing it come to life and become successful. To be honest, the money you have offered me. It's blindind and tempting.. But I'm sorry. I can't sell my business. I can't let it go. Please forgive me." Amber bowed.
 
Victoria had this smirk on her face.
 
"That's too bad. If that is case I don't think I can still make a deal with you."
 
"I'm sorry. But thank you.."
 
Victoria then stood up. "I've got the bill. Bye Amber."
 
Amber didn't really reply. She felt kind of shy for refusing Victoria but she wasn't willing to give something up she worked hard for so long. Money can't match the happiness she feels everytime she's at her store and seeing how successful it has become.
 
-------------
 
"I was kind of expecting it. But still I'm disappointed"
 
"She seems firm. But why did you offer her such a big sum?"
 
"I hoped you wouldn't mind it Sir since it's easy for us to.."
 
"Enough. Argh. You can go. I'll think of something."
 
-----------
 
"Oppa, can we meet?"
 
Amber texted Key. The lad just had this feeling that something was up. He immediately went to Amber's place to see how the girl was doing.
 
"How was it?"
 
The girl just shook her head.
 
"Im really sorry. Aghh. It's their loss."
 
"Yeah.. I guess you're right."
 
Key hugged Amber trying to comfort her. The girl hugged back but the next statement she uttered surprised Key.
 
"She offered me 750 million won to buy the business."
 
"Mmwo??! Are you serious?"
 
"Do I look like I'm joking?"
 
"No. But that money.. It's insanely large."
.
"I know. Honestly speaking I was really blinded by it but I didn't want to give up my business just because
of money."
 
"How come she offered that much?"
 
"I don't really know. It got me wondering too actually. My business isn't really the biggest in Seoul yet she offered such a large amount.. It boggles me."
 
"Well you should just forget it. I need to go home. Would you be okay?"
 
"yeah. Thanks for coming over urgently."
 
"Bye. I love you Amber."
 
"I love you too Key.."
 
-----------
 
Key arrived home early. He was still stuck at the thought 750 million won was offered to Amber.. He just stared at the wall figuring out why they'd be investing so much. He only snap out of it when his cellphone ringed.
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"....."
 
"Hello? Who is this?"
 
"..."
 
Key hung the phone.
 
"Who was that?"
 
He checked the logs but no number displayed. He just brushed it off.
 
"Maybe just a prank call. Aghh. I've got to go to sleep. I still have work tomorrow."
 
-----------
 
"So it's still the same? I see. Very well. This would be very interesting.."
 
-----------
 
Hello to all my readers and subscribers!
 
How did you find this chapter? Amber wasn't able to close the deal. But I just had to not let her 
give up her business. It's like giving up someone you still love so much though something much better
is right in front of you. Any thoughts? Thanks for reading and stay tuned.