Chapter 22- Heir

Rescue Me

 

Amber froze right on the spot. She even heard Taemin's footsteps as the boy left to head for the elevator. That voice, it seemed
all too familiar. She had her head down the entire time. It had been so long since she last heard that voice fill her ears. She was
sure of it. It was him. He sat down at the sofa opposite where she was seated. She noticed he got a lot more masculine. He also
looked very sharp. She lifted her head. She was right.
 
"Jonghyun oppa?"
 
"I thought you wouldn't recognize me! It's been some time Amber.."
 
"You came back to Korea? Last time I saw you, you were teaching Korean at the school I enrolled in."
 
"Ahh, yeah. Well, I was offered a job here. So I came back, I also came to miss my family.."
 
Amber was puzzled. She didn't expect that Jonghyun was the owner of the company.
 
"You're sure well off since I last saw you. Look at you, owner of a big company."
 
"Owner??"
 
"Ughh..yeah?"
 
"Ahh. You must be mistaken. I don't own this place. I was just hired to be a secretary here."
 
"But Taemin? He called you boss.."
 
"Well, because my position is higher than his."
 
"So, are you my client?"
 
"No! How could I be?"
 
"Well, Taemin said that you've been gone and stuff."
 
"He must've been talking about OUR boss. My boss.. The owner of this company.."
 
"So you're not my client?"
 
"I told you no! Taemin-goon. He never learns.."
 
"So where do I meet him?"
 
"Well, the front desk hasn't informed me yet. He'll enter through his own secret door on the other side of the building. Only
the boss and I know that passage. He'll still pass the main door but will take a different set of stairs and elevator.."
 
"What's the point?"
 
"For security purposes.. Especially now the media is on a frenzy."
 
"Media?? Why what's so special about your boss?"
 
"Ohh, seems like Taemin-goon hasn't told you.Well, I'm not in the position to tell you that."
 
"Fine fine."
 
"Ohh, he's here.. Come."
 
------
 
"Seems your boss is really rich oppa.. Look at the interior of this place.."
 
"Yeah.. You can't imagine how rich he is."
 
They entered a room deep within the premises of the penthouse. It was a fairly large room but welcoming. Paintings, artworks 
and sculptures gave the artistic feel to it. She was in awe. Jonghyun wasn't lying. This kid is rich.
 
"Boss, we're here. I'll get going. Just call me when necessary. Be gentle on her! Amber, take a seat."
 
Amber thanked Jonghyun as he closed the door. She sat on an Italian Leather covered seat. It was really comfortable.
 
The owner of the company had the back of his chair facing Amber. It was a really large seat. The air was tense.
 
"Uhm. Hi! I'm Amber Liu. I'd always ask my clients to call me Amber.. So, I presume you have a really, REALLY big company.
I don't get the idea of what product we'll be selling?"
 
"It's kind of vague isn't it?"
 
Amber has had another frozen in time moment that day. She stiffened up.
 
"Yy-yeah.."
 
The chair then started to slowly turn around. Amber's heart was beating like crazy. The moment he faced Amber, her heart just stopped.
It was as if she had a heart attack..
 
She tried to say something.. But nothing was coming out of . She was only able to mutter one word.. One name.
 
"Kk-key?" She breathingly mustered. Her voice was trembling and her palms were extremely sweaty. Cold sweat started to run
in her back though the airconditioning is obviously on max.
 
It was Key alright. He looked really different since Amber last saw him. He now had blonde hair with a black base (Sherlock hair :D). 
He is wearing a suit which makes him exude a powerful aura. He also had his hands clenched together while his chin is resting on them.
It was far from his frail looking image with his black hair (Replay like), cargo pants and leather boots.
 
"Yes?" He replied.
 
"Yy-you're my client?"
 
"Yes. I am." he answered coldly.
 
Amber was still trembling like crazy. She didn't expect one bit of this.
 
"You own this place?"
 
"Isn't it obvious?"
 
Amber can't seem to process everything that is going on. A lot of questions kept boggling her.
 
"But how did you??"
 
"Do you know Mr. K?"
 
"Of course. He's one of the biggest and richest businessman Korea has. I've always known about him even when I was young.. He became a prominent figure in Korea because of his firm approach towards his business. He always takes things seriously.."
 
"You seem to know a lot about Mr. K?"
 
"Well, I had to study him before I went here. But he's also on the news lately. About his child with his first wife.."
 
"You seem to watch the news lately. Well, has the child been found?"
 
"Well, rumors speculated he had a daughter.."
 
"Oh, so that was what was happening the other day.."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Seems like the girl by the front door was a coy. She's not the real successor of Mr. K."
 
"How did you.." She then stared at Key. "Don't tell me?"
 
"You're looking right at him.. I am the legitimate and only successor of Mr. Kim Kanyoung.. Kim Kibum."
 
Amber then stood up. "Key this is not funny. What's going on?"
 
Key then had this smirk on his face. He stood up and started to walk towards Amber.
 
"I'm not joking here. I am Kim Kibum, son and heir of my father."
 
Amber fell on her knees. Key wasn't indeed joking. He sounded scary. He is indeed the son of Mr. K.. Mr. Kim.. The last name. It all made sense now.
 
Key then leaned in closer. Amber closed her eyes..
 
"Shall we get started?" He whispered.
 
He then walked away and Amber was flushing red.
 
"I thought he was going to kiss me." She thought.
 
"About the product, since your business is about retailing I'd like to hire you actually."
 
"Hire me?"
 
"You heard me. I want to hire you."
 
"For what? Your business is already so big."
 
"I'll be planning to expand our business by opening a variety of shops. I need your.. Expertise in promoting."
 
"I see where this is going.. you need my experience in promoting different types of products in analogy of promoting your business?"
 
"Exactly."
 
"Okay..Is that it? Do you want to talk about anything else?"
 
"No. I'm not in a rush. We'll have plenty of time to talk about it. You can go."
 
Amber saw this as a chance to talk to Key..
 
"Key, I ugh.."
 
"By the way Ms. Liu, I'll have your temporary office set up a floor below.. You can contact Jonghyun or Taemin if you
need anything. Until then.."
 
"Yeah.. 'til then."
 
She walked out of Key's office. She wanted to run out of there. The way he called her by her last name stung her. He addressed her
in such a formal manner. 
 
"Am I all that to you now?" she mumbled.
 
-----------
 
Amber went home and she went straight to her bed. Luna was in the kitchen busy preparing for their dinner.
 
"Unnie? Could you help me here?"
 
"No!" She shouted.
 
"Come on. I could use some help."
 
"I told you, no!"
 
Luna got pissed off and went straight to Amber's room.
 
"What's your problem?"
 
"I'm dead. I'm officially dead.." (facepalm)
 
"You're lucky I was just washing the dishes. Why? Spill."
 
"isawkeytoday"
 
"What? Could you speak a little ssslloowweer?"
 
"I saw Key today."
 
"Key oppa? Omo. Isn't that good? Did you talk to him?"
 
"I talked to him. But not in a way you would really expect."
 
"Huh?"
 
"He's my boss, Luna. He's my client.."
 
"Mwo?!How on Earth did that happen?"
 
"For some whim of nature, he turns out to be the estranged son of the big business man, Mr. K."
 
"Are you serious?!" Luna was obviously surprised. She sat by Amber on her bed. "Go on. Keep talking.."
 
"He'll hire me for his business. I'll be having an office there by next week. ughhh! This is a disaster.."
 
"A disaster?! Are you kidding me? It's great. I can't believe he's rich. No wonder he was able to afford your dinner in Namsan before!
Besides, this is a chance to get back with him."
 
"There's another thing.. He called me Ms. Liu, by my last name."
 
"Ooh. Harsh.."
 
"Could you not shove it up on my face?"
 
"Sorry, I was just joking..Well, I'll prepare the food. Just grab a plate if you want."
 
Luna left Amber's room.
 
"When will my crapped up life end!!!!" Amber shouted.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Another update. :) Onew is the only one left not having an appearance.. LOL.. With the new parts in mind, this fic could perhaps go on for several chapters more.. I planned to end by the 25th chapter on my previous storyline.. But yeah, I'll add some more. Hope you'll like that. Stay tuned!!