Chapter 2- Train Station

Rescue Me

She wasn't sure what kind of tea was it. It was different from what she usually she drinks at tea shops in Central Seoul. It had this detoxifying feel to it. It was as if the tea was calming her down. It was green. She was certain it seemed green unlike the usual brown like color.

"Unnie.. Unnie!" Luna kept calling Amber.

"Huh? Wait.. What??"

"Uhh. I knew it. You weren't listening. What are you thinking? No. Wait. Let me rephrase. WHO are you thinking of?"

"What? Who? No one! I wasn't thinking of anyone." Amber said defensively.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Really? I mean, really? Seriously?" Luna kept on insisting.

"Okay okay!" I was dozing off. I was thinking but not of someone, more of something. Happy?"

"Fine. Hey unnie, where were you last night?"

"Nowhere just roaming around Seoul."

Amber drank her coffee. 

"You had a one stand didn't you?"

Amber spat the coffee from .

"Are you friggin' kidding me Luna? There's no way I'd do that. No. Not now." She paused "But.."

"But what?"

"I met someone last night."

"Ohh. Spill! I'm listening."

"It was this guy. He had this thick coat on and working boots, his denim was obviously ragged."

"Ooh. Was he cute? What's his name?"

"He was okay. I can't clearly remember his face. I was drunk remember?"

"Drunk? You weren't drunk. You went home and seemed perfectly fine."

"He gave me this some sort of tea. That's what I was thinking about."

"Yadah yadah, what's his name?!"

"That's the problem.."

"Why?"

"I didn't get the chance to  know his name or even get his number. I know it was stupid."

"Seriously? You didn't get even his name? Great unnie."

"Come on. Don't tease me like that. I was dazed last night. I can't think straight okay?"

"Well whoever he is I'm thankful to him he didn't do anything funny to you."

"Uh. hey unnie, I gotta go run some errands later okay? I won't be having dinner here tonight."

"Really? Errands?"

"Yes! I'm going back to school. :D Wish me luck."

----------------

Luna left early afternoon. Amber was obviously bored. She can't get out of her mind the lad she met last night.

"Who are you? Why did you save me? Ohh Amber. Snap out of it. You should just shop and get your mind out of petty things. He was a guy you just met.."

Amber prepared herself to shop in Agpujeong. She liked bargains. She had the money to fend for branded clothing but she didn't like most of the designs. As she was roaming around the district, she saw this dainty necklace. It had a vintage feel to it. It had a nice feel to it and it had a locket charm.

"Ahjumma, how much for this?"

"Ahh, just 500won dear."

Amber gave the lady a thousand. "Keep the change."

Amber had her eyes locked on the necklace. "I don't know why but I love this."

She wasn't able to buy a lot of things. She didn't like anything besides the necklace she bought. She was to head back home. Traffic was pretty bad and she didn't want to pay a taxi a lot of money just because of waiting in traffic.

"I'll take the train."

Amber headed to the nearest train station. The next train is set to arrive in 5 minutes. She still had her eyes on the necklace.

But as if it was a whip of faith, she looked at the other side of the platform. There he was. The guy that stopped her from jumping off the bridge. She couldn't explain how happy she was. She started shouting.

"Hey! Hey Mister! Over here!"

People started staring at her. They must've thought she was crazy.

"Hey Mister in the green furry jacket!"

He still didn't look. Amber then screamed.

"Hey you bastard!"

He looked. "Mwo? Who are you calling a bastard?"

"Sorry. Hey can you wait for me over there??? Please? Be there in a bit."

"Yeah sure."

Amber ran up the flight of stairs like there was no tomorrow. She had this urge to just meet with that guy. Just as she promised, she arrived in no time.

"Sorry for shouting back there." She said as she grasped for breath.

"You could've called me at least by what I was wearing, not by calling me a bastard."

"I did! But you just won't look. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

"So what do you want?"

"Well I was wondering if you have some time. Maybe for dinner? I haven't thanked you properly yet."

"Well.."

"Please. Don't refuse. It's the only way I can actually thank you for saving me last night from all the jumping and the tea."

"Okay."

Amber was really excited to meet him again. They decided to eat at a samgyupsal restaurant near the station.

"I'm really sorry with what happened last night. I was out of it."

"Really, I told  you it was nothing."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't able to get your name last night. I'm Amber."

"My real name is Kim Kibum but I go by Key. Just call me Key." he said.

"Okay. Key.. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything's fine."

Amber ordered Samgyupsal and  two bottles of beer.

"You better make sure you don't get drunk." Key said.

"I won't I promise. I had too much last night okay?"

Amber kept talking and talking but she noticed that Key was quiet.

"Sorry, I kept talking about myself. So, what do you do?"

"I do part time jobs whenever I can. But most of the time I stay home with my grandma."

"Oh. Wow."

"Why?"

"Nothing. I just remembered by family. They're back in the USA. Now that I realize it, I haven't contacted them in 5 months."

"You should call them. I bet they miss you."

"Yeah, I guess your right."

It was already 8pm when they finished eating at the restaurant.

"I'm sorry I have to go. I still have to take care of my grandmother."

"No it's okay. I had a great time. Thank you."

"Thanks for the time. Oh and the dinner." Key said.

"Uhm, can I borrow your phone?" Amber asked.

"Sure."

Amber then dialed a series of digits.

"I saved my number, named it Drunkard. Hope you don't find weird or what."

"No. It's fine. But why didn't ask for my number?"

"I don't know. I just think you have a lot of stories to tell."

"Really? Now I seem the mysterious one?"

"Yeah. For some weird reason you have this mysterious aura about you."

"Okay. So, yeah.  Thanks again. Bye. Take care of your way home." Key said.

"You too. Nice to meet you again Key!" Amber said as she reached out her hand.

"Me too. Nice to see you again Amber." Key replied as he shook the girls hand.

And so they parted ways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two chapters in one day! XD Got in the mood to write. How is it? Stay tuned.!