Chapter 29-Building Block

Rescue Me

 

You could consider her to be the happiest sister. Luna was finally out of the hospital after three days. The girl hasn't informed
any of her friends at school. The girl will  be filing for a leave good for two semesters. She wouldn't mind not finishing in time.
Her pregnancy was the priority. Right before she was released, Amber had a heart to heart talk with Onew.
 
"Onew oppa?"
 
Onew was at the rooftop at early morning on the second day of Luna's stay. Amber approached him bringing with her a can of hot tea.
 
"Amber? Hi.. Please, join me."
 
It was kind of awkward. They talk but Luna is their common ground. They haven't got the proper chance to actually speak with
one another to actually know the opposite better.
 
"So oppa.. How do you feel?"
 
"I wouldn't be true to myself if I'll tell you I wasn't shocked. Of course I was.. I didn't expect her to say that. I seriously
thought she was sick. But you know, I'm really happy. I'm elated. I'm joyful. Every word imaginable to describe happiness, that's
what I'm feeling right now."
 
"So does that mean, you're going to take responsibility?"
 
"Of course, I'll take full responsibility. I love Luna.. I love every single bit of her. I bet my parents will be thrilled to meet her.
She came in the right time in my life. Actually, we're the same. It's been so long since I've dated somebody. My parents started to get
worried that I might not get married since I'm already 25. I'm a career man so they thought marriage is never in my mind. It is.
It always is. All that I was missing is the girl. I found that girl in Sunyoung. The moment I met her, I just felt it."
 
"Could you promise me that you'll take care of her? It would be best if she'll be staying with you. You practically have a family now."
 
"I promise you.. Not one second I will not care for her.."
 
"Thank you.. Thank you oppa. I knew that I could trust you on this.."
 
"Actually I wanted to apologize to you. I bet you wouldn't expect to have Luna get pregnant when we are still quite early in our relationship."
 
Onew then bowed his head. 
 
"No! It's fine. Actually, I too was shocked. But she seems really happy..All I wish for is Luna's happiness..
So you don't have to apologize. Besides, she's already 21. She's a little young to be a mom. But I know you two can do it.."
 
Onew kept his head down low.. "Thank you.. Thank you for trusting me."
 
Amber soon left to head to work. To be honest, she was quite envious of Luna. The girl finally met her match..Now that she remembered,
that day was only three days away from their planned wedding date, hers and Henry. She laughed off the memory.
 
--------
 
"Taeminnie, where's Key?"
 
"Uhh, didn't he tell you?"
 
"Tell me what?"
 
"He was going to visit the site of the construction. He's going to check how things are going and if the plan is being followed."
 
"Really? I didn't know.."
 
"Ooh. I'll give you the address. You can go check it out with him.."
 
"Okay. Thanks.."
 
Amber had no idea that Key was going to check the site of construction. She checked her phone but no messages were posted either.
Taemin gave her the address and she had one of the company cars take her there. When she arrived, most of the men were busy with construction.
She was yet to look for Key. She approached one of the men.
 
"Hi, have you seen Mr. Kim?"
 
"Ahh, yes. He's in the area where the kitchen will be placed. It's inside."
 
Amber followed the man's directions and she found a man clad in a suit with a safety helmet on his head.
 
"Key?"
 
"Amber?  Oh, hey.."
 
Amber was about to speak but again Key turned his back on her and talked to the project manager. She felt a little offended because
she knows she is partly responsible for the project. She wanted to be somewhat involved with all the talking and monitoring that is going on with the construction. Amber tagged along Key the entire day but that was the scenario, she was out of the conference. The construction of the electrical system, water system had been done days back. The only things left that day were the fixtures, decor, appliances.  The work ended early for that day since Key was fully satisfied how the staff worked. He also gave out bonuses which made the men really happy. Everybody has left but Amber remained in the store.
 
"Nice work today Amber.." Key cheered on.
 
"Nice work? Seriously? Nice work?"  She said in a sarcastic tone.
 
"Yeah. Why?"
 
"To be honest I don't really know why I came here in the first place. I shouldn't have come.."
 
"Wait, why are you acting like this?"
 
"I had a huge contribution on this project Key. You could've at least included me in the talk with the project manager."
 
"That's it? That's your reason for being mad at me like this? Isn't that a bit shallow?"
 
"Shallow? Why in the world would you think it's shallow? Excuse me but you asked for my help.. I still had a say in this project.. You know what?
Forget it.. I'm going home."
 
"Amber are you serious?"
 
Amber removed her helmet and walked out of the shop. She didn't speak a single word to Key. Not one.. She was really offended.
 
---------
 
The following day, Key came early for work.
 
"Jonghyun, please tell Amber to come to my office."
 
"Woah, I don't think that's possible.."
 
"What? Why?"
 
"Amber called in today. She said she was sick.."
 
"Ugh. Okay, nevermind."
 
Key went on with his usual routine for that morning; papers, signatures, scheduling of meetings, talking with investors, blah blah.
But he was uneasy the entire time. At around noon then, he stood on his chair, grabbed his coat and keys..
 
"Jonghyun hyung, I'll be out for a while.. Handle things while I'm gone.."
 
"Wait Key.. Where are you going???"
 
"I'll be handling a stubborn kid.."
 
Key had already left. "A stubborn kid??" Jonghyun mumbled.
 
Key drove off with his car to Amber's condominium. He went off the floor where it was located and knocked on the door.
No one answered. He knocked again.. Still no answer. Remembering something, he checked his pocket.
 
---------
 
She was humming a happy tune. She gave herself a much wanted break from all the stress in her work. A good employee of hers was handling her business so she knew the business was in good hands. Amber had her hair dyed back to a brown shade.. She didn't like the blonde hair so much. She also went on a little shopping spree. Luna was currently staying at Onew's place so she had the place all to herself. She came home.
 
"Gosh, I finally had a day off without Key dictating all the things I have to do. He can be such a diva.. Ugh." She nagged as she closed her door.
 
"Yah! Who are you calling a diva?"
 
(Gasp!) Amber almost dropped the coffee she was holding. It was Key.
 
Amber had her back on the door. Key started walking closer..
 
"Diva? I'm a diva? and who is that person that called in today and said that she's sick.. That she can't get out of bed. Who apparently went shopping?"
 
Key was now in front of Amber. He practically cornered the girl.
 
"What are you doing here? How did you get in?"
 
Key smirked. He leaned in his closer to hers which made Amber close her eyes. 
 
"You gave me a spare key, remember?" He whispered.
 
Amber blushed bigtime. She immediately escaped Key's cornering and walked away from him with her back turned.
 
"Quiet! I didn't invite you here. Please get out.."
 
"Could you stop acting like this?"
 
"You could've prevented this if you weren't so selfish yesterday!"
 
"Still? This is still about yesterday? You're like a kid having a tantrum.."
 
"Call me whatever you want.. Please, get out."
 
"I'm sorry okay..I didn't mean it that way.. I was actually hoping not to show you the end product of the project until the opening. I wanted to surprise everyone, surprise you.."
 
Amber has calmed down. "Really?"
 
"Yes. As another sign of apology, could you cut the ribbon for the opening tomorrow night?"
 
"Ribbon cutting?"
 
"Yeah.. You're right. I should've at least involved you. You did put effort into this. Please.."
 
"Okay..I'll do it."
 
"Okay, I'll be meeting you there.See you.."
 
"See you then."
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Their first boss-employee fight.. Hoho.. Key was being stubborn eventually giving in. Tension is building up. Can Key still resist Amber?? Hohohoho.. You'll see in the next chapter!