Chapter 25- Stuck

Rescue Me

 

"I wouldn't take no for an answer.."
 
"Argh! Key is just being so darn difficult these past few days. If only I've known he'll be like this I would've rejected
his offer.."
 
Amber was pissed off at Key's new attitude. She didn't expect that Key could talk and treat her in such a way. But most of the
times it crosses her mind, she'd think that maybe it was caused by their effed up relationship. It is caused by what she did that night.
 
"Ms. Amber?" a voice by the door spoke.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Hello. I'm the stylist sent by Mr. Kibum? We have to go now."
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"Shop. We'll shop for some clothes that you'll be wearing tonight.."
 
"Oh yeah.. I forgot about that. Come on."
 
A carpool was waiting for them downstairs. The stylist had a really peculiar style. She wore printed socks over her pants.
She wore 4 inch platforms, a blue sheer top with a black tank underneath and nerd glasses. Amber had her doubts.
 
They arrived at Seoul's fashion district where most of the high end European designers stores are located; Versace, Dolce&Gabbana,
Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Chanel,Yves St. Laurent name it.
 
"I think an Yves St. Laurent dress will suit you best. I feel you aren't really the feminine type.  They have plenty of dresses
which are sultry but not too revealing, depiction of the epitomy of womanhood."
 
"Okay, I  think I trust you, I don't really know much about these kind of stuff."
 
They stepped out of the car and headed immediately for Yves St. Laurent.
 
"Ms. Amber, may I ask how old you are?"
 
"22.. I'm 22 years old."
 
"So you're a year younger than Master Key?"
 
"Yeah..he's already 23 if I'm not mistaken."
 
"Master Key seems really fond of you. It's the first time he purposedly called me out to style a woman."
 
The stylist was busy picking out dresses from the racks. Some were gorgeous other are just downright hideous, well not really but
it didn't suit Amber's taste.
 
"Please try them.."
 
A shopping assistant led Amber to the fitting room and she tried each one. The first one was a purple cocktail dress with a knotted
waist and silver embellishment by the area where the knots meet. She liked it but it was too short. Next was a baby pink dress, once she
saw it, she stepped out of the mirror.. No words can describe how much she disliked it. A yellow two piece suit was next and she felt
really powerful in it but the stylist didn't like it. 
 
"You'll seem more dominating than Master Key, we wouldn't want that.."
 
Amber tried more clothes now under the supervision of the stylist.
 
"This! This is the one."
 
"You think so?"
 
"Yes! Now come on, we have to bring you to a salon! You need a makeover.."
 
----------
 
It was 6:30pm. The business dinner was scheduled at 7:00pm at the Hyatt Centennial Hotels. They were scheduled to meet at Key's
office.
 
"You could sit down while waiting you know.."
 
"I can't just sit down.. It's almost a quarter to seven and she's not here yet." Key remarked.
 
Jonghyun then pointed at the door. Amber came walking in. Key turned around. He was stunned. She was beautiful.
 
Amber wore a red gown with a black lace outer sheath by the bust area and train. The stylist had her hair dyed blonde and slicked back
to accentuate her feminine facial features yet muscular jawline. It all seemed too nostalgic for Key. He had a flashback on the night they
rode on the ferris wheel.
 
We were able to stop at the top of the ferris wheel. It was the first time I saw her wear cute clothes. The lights from the rides hit gently
on her face as it lit up her cheeks, eyes, nose. She was beautiful. It is the first time I'll ever try and open up to someone after so long.
 
"Master Key, Yoohoo.. Master Key?" the  stylist noona called.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Well? How do you like it? Did I do great?"
 
"Ahhmm. Yeah.. She looks great. Stunning actually.."
 
Key had his eyes locked on Amber and so was the girl.
 
"You look great tonight, Kk-..Mr. Kim."
 
Amber  had a faint smile on her. She wanted to say the name Key so much but she can't..
 
"Let's go. We wouldn't want to be late."
 
Key led the way down to the car that will bring them to their destination. They arrived in about fifteen minutes just in time for the opening.
The hall was clad with white and gold embellishments, the room however had a shot of red thanks to the roses. It was fragrant. 
 
"Kibum?" An old man's voice remarked.
 
"Uncle?"
 
"My boy! How have you been? You running the business again?"
 
"Yes.. For almost a month now."
 
"Oh and who is this young lady beside you?"
 
"It's my gir..business associate, Ms. Amber Liu.."
 
"Nice to meet you sir." Amber said as she reached out for her hand.
 
"Ahh, yes. Nice to meet you too." the man said as he shook Amber's hand.
 
"Well son, I should get going and mingle with more guests. " The man then whispered "You have good taste Kibum."
 
"Ahh, haha. Yes, uncle. Go on now. Greet more guests.."
 
------
 
Amber remained by Key's side early that night but he did notice that the boy was pale.
 
"Mr. Kim? Are you feeling well?"
 
"I'm fine." he answered coldly.
 
They talked to a few more guests until an annoying shriek was heard in the distance.
 
"Key!?"
 
"Nana?"
 
"Great, she's here again." Amber thought.
 
"What are you doing here?" Key asked.
 
"My aunt invited me over. It's good to know you came."
 
And just like a baby Koala holding on for dear life, Nana held on to Key for most of the night leaving Amber by the bylines. 
She just went to the bar and had a couple of drinks. Key on the other hand was just as annoyed on having Nana cling to him like
that. He was looking for Amber the entire night until he spotted a red gown walk out by a door.
 
"Could you excuse me for a second?"
 
He rushed off to where Amber was heading, it was the Emergency Fire Exit. Amber was sitting on one of the steps when Key entered.
 
"Ms. Liu? What are you doing here?"
 
Amber had a couple of drinks and just like the usual her when she's drunk.
 
"Me? Ah nothing, I'm just chillin'. You, Mr. Kim? Why aren't you with Koanana."
 
"This behavior of you is very unprofessional. Please, let's go."
 
"No!" Amber then started heading upstairs. Key closed in on the door.
 
"Ms. Liu!"
 
Key chased for Amber. Amber removed her heels to get away from the lad faster until she heard a heavy thump on the metal stairs.
She checked to see what it was. 
 
"Key!" She blurted out.
 
The lad was face first on the floor. Amber snapped out of  her drunken state seeing Key like that. She headed for the boy.
 
"You're burning hot.. No wonder you look so pale. Wait, I'll get help."
 
She went two floors down to where she entered but the door was locked.
 
"Locked?" She turned and pushed the knob but it won't budge. She only realized it was a reverse lock door. The lock was placed
on the other side to have it accessible in case there was fire.
 
"Drat.."
 
She went back to Key and dragged the boy by the flat surface.
 
"Man, you're heavy."
 
She reached for phone but it was dead. Key didn't bring any electronics that night. It was cold and they had no cellphone to contact
anyone outside. Key's fever also worsened. Amber was starting to panic but she tried to hold it in for Key's sake. Amber made Key sit by the wall.
An emergency faucet was located downstairs. She ripped a piece of her train and soaked it to serve as a cold compress for Key.
She wiped the lad's neck, arms and face. After which, she laid Key's head on her lap.
 
"Please don't complain." She mumbled.
 
It was already 11:00pm when Amber checked her watch. "The party must be over by now."
 
She herself was starting to fall asleep until Key spoke.
 
"Amber.." He mumbled.
 
"Key?"
 
"Ii-ii'm coold. Hold my hand, please.."
 
Amber didn't hesitate. She reached out for Key's hand and held it tight. Amber can't sleep. She was nervous. Several minutes
later, Key was sleeping soundly.
 
"Key? Are you still up?"
 
No response.
 
Amber heaved a deep sigh. "Key.. It seems I haven't said that name to you like forever. I thought I wouldn't have the guts to say it to you.
Do you know that I hate the new you? The rich, bossy, charismatic you.. You're also very stubborn you know? I bet you wouldn't talk to me
so nicely if you're not sick right now. Nana, she's really pretty.. Is she your?"
 
Subtle tears started trailing down Amber's face.
 
"I hate myself for complaining like this. I know I don't have the right. Especially after what I did to you.. Even to this day, it haunts me.
I think about it. It rushes right in. After seeing you again ,I'd cry almost every night wishing I could hug you, hold your hand, kiss you, 
and call you mine. But I know I can't. But please Key, give me a chance to prove myself this time. Give me a chance for you to fall in love with me again.."
 
Amber leaned her face towards Key's. She planted a kiss on his lips. "I beg you. I love you Key.."
 
 
She rested her head by the wall near her. Amber had cried herself to sleep.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Finally got a chance to include a KeyBer moment here.. It seems I haven't had one in several chapters.
Well, how do you like it? Any thoughts on how the two will go on from now? Feed me with thoughts.