Chapter 27- Fun

Rescue Me

 

He was able to go out of the hospital after two days of confinement. He went back to work the following day where his employees welcomed him. Jonghyun instructed the entire staff to come to work a little early to prepare for the arrival of Key. Everyone was there, from the cleaning aides, accountants, designers, to the top administrators of each department. However,one figure was missing from the crowd.
 
"How do you like the welcome party we prepared Kibummie?"
 
"I like it. Thank you.. Though the balloons could've been yellow or pink."
Key wasn't focused. He kept on looking from side to side, looking for something..
 
"You sure are picky.. Hey, wait up. What are you looking for? Or should I say, who?"
 
"Where's Amber?"
 
"She'll be coming in late. She called me earlier. Apparently her roommate is sick.."
 
"I see.. I'll be at my office. Tell everyone I'm grateful and just get back to work once everything is over."
 
"Hey, wait. You're not joining us?"
 
Key went on as if he didn't hear Jonghyun. 
 
"Fine."
 
Key was a little mad knowing Amber wasn't at the office to welcome him back. But he understood there was a good reason behind it. It's just that he can't help feel disappointed. He pictured in his mind that Amber would be the first one to greet him. But he shook his head.
 
"What are you thinking Key? This is not what you want to happen.." he remarked as he tapped his cheeks.
 
-----------
 
"Did you like eat or drink something Sunyoung?"
 
"No. I don't know. I feel so sick. I feel like throwing up everytime I'd try to get up from bed.."
 
"I checked your temperature earlier but you don't have a fever. Over fatigue perhaps?"
 
"Maybe.. Sorry for burdening you like this unnie."
 
"It's no big. I called early today that I'll be timing in late. Is he really coming to look over you?"
 
"Yeah.. He texted me earlier."
 
"I haven't met Onew.. I'd like to meet him. I'll wait for him to arrive."
 
"He's a little shy though. It was really cute the way he asked me out."
 
"Really? Spill! I want to know."
 
"Well, I've always been openly talking about the fact that I like him. I find him extremely attractive for some weird reason.
He sings really well which is a big plus. His piano skills are also quite good. He's shy though. I was rehearsing in the practice room
one afternoon until he came in. He placed a bouquet of flowers on the piano and played a song. He then he asked if I could be his girl.
I didn't hesitate to say yes."
 
"That was cheesy.."
 
"You're mean! I think it's romantic."
 
"I'm kidding!"
 
A barrage of doorbells followed their conversation. "He's quite a doorbell ringer for someone you'd call shy.."
 
Amber opened the door. A charismatic, milky skinned, eye smiling guy was standing on the door. He had brown hair with golden highlights.
He wore pants, sneakers and a polo shirt. Amber loved Key to death but this guy was downright handsome. 
 
"You must be, Jinki-ssi?"
 
"Ahh, yes.."
 
"Please come in."
 
Onew entered. Amber peeked behind his back and mouthed "He's hot" to Luna. Luna just laughed.
 
"Luna. How are you feeling?" Onew said as he hugged the girl.
 
"I'm still feeling a little sick oppa. Sorry, to make you worry."
 
Amber looked at the sight. She smiled. She was happy for Luna. Luna is a very independent type of girl. Ever since she broke up with her
high school sweetheart, Luna had been very cautious. Amber felt that Onew was a guy she can trust to take care of Luna.
 
"Sunyoung, I'll be going to work now. Get well. Onew oppa, please take care of Sunyoung."
 
"Count on it.."
 
"I'll be going. Bye you two! No funny things." She shut the door.
 
The two blushed at Amber's joke.
 
--------
 
"Hi, Ms. Liu!" the front desk girl greeted.
 
"Ohh, hello."
 
"Drat, I came in later than I asked for."
Amber said she'll come in at around 10:30am but it was already 11:45am. But she can't really force Onew to go so early. The guy had
to file an excuse slip for his absence that day without having other students suspicious. Teacher-student relationship were somewhat
forbidden in Luna's school.
 
"Amber! Where've you been?"
 
"Taeminnie? Ah, I came from home. My roommate got sick so I had to look after her for a while."
 
"Omo. Hope she gets well. Did you tell Key hyung?"
 
"I already informed Jonghyun oppa. Why?"
 
"Nothing, Key hyung had been looking for you since this morning he came in."
 
"Really? I'll just meet him upstairs. See yah Taeminnie.."
 
Amber liked that Taemin told him that precious information. She bet Key wouldn't say a word about it.
 
"Mr.Kim?"
 
"Amber?"
 
"Hi, sorry. I'm late today. I brought in some design proposals for the layout of the shop you'll be opening."
 
"I see. Place on them on the table. I'll be meeting some investors later this day. I'll be returning them by tomorrow."
 
"No problem."
 
"What? Why are you smiling?"
 
"Me? I'm not smiling."
 
Amber was obviously teasking Key. 
 
"You're smiling. Is something up, Ms. Liu?"
 
"Really it's nothing. I was LOOKING for some papers in my office but I didn't find any." Amber emphasized on the word looking.
 
Key being a smart he is realized that Taemin might have told Amber that he was looking for her since this morning.
 
"Taemin again?"
 
"What? What about Taeminnie?"
 
"Argh! He told you?"
 
"I haven't met Taemin the entire day.."
 
"You're lying.."
 
"Mr. Kim, the investors are in." a woman paged.
 
"Argh. You're lucky they're here or I'll be tormenting you. Please meet with the design team about the plans."
 
"Okay, Key.."
 
"We'll talk Amber.. We shall talk."
 
Key went out his door to make his way to the conference room. He met Taemin on the way and did the "I'll keep my eyes on you"
gesture. Taemin was dumbfounded.
 
"What hyung? What?!"
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A short fun chapter.. A little refreshment or side dish perhaps? :) OnewxLuna. Another couple that I ship, but LOL Keyber is still my ultimate OTP. I don't know. I just adore those two. I find their interactions so adorable..
So, yeah.. Clickity next! (Am I too talkative?XD)