Appa's secret

Operation: Melt Oppas' Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 39: Appa's secret

 

 

Ye Seul walk along the doors when she heard someone coughing so hard. She stopped from her tracks when it’s from her appa’s room. She quickly opened the door without knocking or asking persmission. She saw Mr. Ban Deol clutching his chest while coughing hard.

Ye Seul ran to him. “Appa, what’s wrong?!” she worriedly sat down beside him and lightly patted his back. Mr. Ban Deol gave her a weak smile and placed his warm palm on her right cheek.

“Appa is fine. I just choked.” He coughs again but an empty bottle dropped and rolled to the floor. Ye Seul picked it up and saw it’s a medicine and it’s already empty. Ye Seul just stared at the medication. Her eyes became watery.

“No. You’re not fine at all.” Her shaky voice made Mr. Ban Deol heart to soften.

“Ye Seul…” he reached for the bottle back but she took it away from his reach.

“How long are you not taking medicines already, appa?” she asked, really worried about him not drinking his medicine anymore. Because the medicine is expensive, Mr. Ban Deol can’t buy anymore and plus he still needs to budget expenses for his adopted kids.

“Why are you keeping this secret to us?!” Ye Seul cried out. She’s crying because she’s hurt. While they are having tasty foods and everything they needed, Mr. Ban Deol is suffering from his health conditions.

Mr. Ban Deol lowered his head in shame. “I don’t want you to worry about me anymore like this. I’m already old, Ye Seul. The thing I only want is to make my kids happy.” He smiled.

This caused for Ye Seul just to cry hard. Mr. Ban Deol hugged her tightly in his arms and cradled her. She just cried in his arms the whole night.

 

The next morning, Ye Seul is down. She kept staring blankly at the ground while riding the public bus with her oppas. Daehyun just kept staring at her full of worriedness. The bus arrived on its destination. Ye Seul tripped on the last step of the bus but Himchan instantly caught her. “What’s wrong with you?” he’s not asking it sarcastically but because he’s really worried.

Ye Seul raised her head up w

Please log in to read the full chapter