9th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

The whole next week, Sora hung around with Chaejin. At lunch time, they went out just to sit under a tree, studying for a test and sometimes Chaejin would fell asleep because he had had a late schedule the night before.

 

At the orchestra, she and L.Joe didn't talk but she happened to see him more often around school. She wondered if he did that on purpose but in the end she just shrugged it off.

As Sora went to her locker on Friday after school, L.Joe passed by, a girl following him. >>Oppa~. Please~.<<

 

>>No I really can't be your boyfriend.<<

 

>>Why not?<<

 

>>Because. . . I already have a girl.<< His eyes landed on Sora. >>There she is.<< He approached her. >>Are you finished, yeobo?<<, he asked her.

 

She frowned. >>Please help me with this<<, he whispered.

 

He was so close and he called her >yeobo<. Sora stiffened but eventually said: >>Let's go. . .<<

 

L.Joe wrapped an arm around her shoulders and they left school.

 

After they had left the school and the students couldn't see them anymore, she moved away from him.

 

>>I'm sorry<<, he apologized. >>Where are you going now?<<

 

>>Home<<, she answered coldly.

 

Her father wasn't there for the weekend, since he had a guest role in a new drama and he flew to Jeju Island for that.

 

Suddenly her phone peeped.

 

Chaejin: I didn't know you were dating L.Joe xP

 

Sora: I would never do that. That was just fake.

 

Chaejin: Really? I thought you'd have changed your mind and would give him another chance. Seems like there isn't a romantic story behind it. * pout *

 

Sora smiled at Chaejin's childishness. He just wanted her to be happy, so he probably hoped for her to finally have a boyfriend.

 

>>Who are you texting? Stop ignoring me, please~.<<

 

Sora: Sorry for disappointing you. Have a nice weekend and sleep enough, okay?

 

L.Joe snatched her phone away. >>Writing with Chaejin again? Is he your boyfriend?<<

 

>>No we are just friends. Now give me my phone.<<

 

>>Get it yourself.<< He smirked and started running away from her.

 

She sighed and ran after him. She was fast and as he turned around to see where she was, he tripped and landed on the ground.

(A/N: That's actually not how he fell but I think that's just too funny to miss it out)

 

At first she was surprised but as she reached him she saw him laughing, already getting up. She tried hard not to laugh at him but in the end, she couldn't help it.

 

>>Stop laughing<<, he told her, embarrassed. He looked at his hands. They were bleeding. >>Do you have a tissue?<<

 

She rolled her eyes and got out a tissue and some plasters. >>Here.<<

 

He looked at the plasters. >>How should I do it when both my hands are bleeding?<< He looked at her with puppy eyes. Sora swallowed hard at his cuteness. Three years ago, he had always tried that on her when he wanted her to do something for him.

 

>>Show me your hands<<, she demanded and he immediately stretched out his hands. She put one big plaster on each of his hands. >>Finished.<<

 

He looked at his hands and then at her. He looked really innocent at this moment. >>Would you like to do something now?<< His eyes became even bigger and he started to pout. >>Please?<<

 

She couldn't resist this side of L.Joe so she nodded.

 

>>Let's go to Lotte World.<<

 

>>But. . .<<

 

>>You look like someone that likes roller coasters and stuff.<<

 

She bit her lip. The last time she'd been to an amusement park, was with L.Joe to Disneyland.

 

>>I take that as a yes then.<< He grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her to the next subway station.

 

>>I want my phone back.<<

 

As they arrived at the subway, he stopped and got out her phone. >>But you'll stick with me to the end, okay?<<

 

>>I already said yes.<<

 

L.Joe beamed. >>Then let's go.<< He pushed her into the subway. >>Do you want to sit down over there?<<, he asked her, trying to be a gentleman.

 

>>It's okay.<<

 

 

As they entered Lotte World, Sora's eyes grew bigger. >>Heaven<<, she whispered. L.Joe chuckled next to her.

 

>>Where do you wanna go first?<<, he asked.

 

She pointed at a roller coaster not far away from them.

 

>>Picking the biggest right away, I knew you wouldn't be scared of roller coasters.<<

 

>>Stop talking and let's go.<<

 

L.Joe raised his eyebrows and followed Sora, who already hurried to the roller coaster. Now that she finally talks to me, she's disrespectful. What's with that girl?

 

>>Ya! Miss-I-don't-tell-L.Joe-my-name wait!<< He ran after her.

 

>>Aren't you tired of calling me that long name?<<

 

>>You won't tell me your real name<<, he stated.

 

>>I'll tell you my real name when you reach 175 centimeters.<<

 

L.Joe looked at her, totally surprised. >>What? Did you just. . .<<

 

>>Don't be surprised. It is like it is. You are not very tall.<<

 

L.Joe pouted. Since we came here, she's a completely different girl.

 

 

After the first ride, L.Joe looked pale. >>Are you okay? Is it because of the roller coaster?<<, Sora asked him, a bit worried.

 

L.Joe shook his head. >>I don't feel well for a few days. It's probably just a flu.<<

 

>>Do you want to go home?<<

 

>>It's okay. Let's go somewhere else.<<

 

 

After a few more rides, they went to a food stand. >>What do you want to eat?<<, he asked.

 

>>Meatballs<<, she said.

 

He nodded and ordered one portion.

 

>>What about you?<<

 

>>I'm not hungry<<, he explained.

 

>>Are you sure you don't want to go home?<<

 

>>No, no it's okay.<<

 

They sat down on a bench as Sora ate her meatballs.

 

>>I noticed you are more talkative these days<<, L.Joe said.

 

She shrugged her shoulders. Is that so?

 

>>I mean, you are even talking to me and I remember that you hate me.<<

 

>>By now I know you, that's why I talk to you.<<

 

>>If you say so.<<

 

She just wanted to eat her last meatball when L.Joe took her hand, shifted her hand to his mouth and ate it.

 

Sora was taken aback by his action. >>What-<<

 

>>I'm sorry but it looked delicious.<< L.Joe pouted. He knew she couldn't resist his pout.

 

>>You said you aren't hungry.<<

 

>>Sorry~.<<

 

Sora looked at him closely. He was pale and looked really sick.

 

>>What is it?<<, L.Joe asked. >>Something in my face?<<

 

>>You look sick. Do you have a fever?<<, she asked, not even knowing why she was caring.

 

L.Joe touched his forehead and then reached out for hers.

 

>>What are you doing?<<, she asked and leaned back.

 

>>I have to compare.<< He leaned closer and touched her forehead. >>It's okay. No fever.<< He coughed. >>Let's go to the Viking.<<

 

 

After that L.Joe dragged her into a photo booth. >>Now look cute<<, L.Joe said.

 

Sora rolled her eyes at him, while he did his aegyo next to her.

 

>>Can we go now?<<

 

>>Okay~.<<

 

As they went out of the photo booth, they passed a shop with cute little couple things and funny hats. >>Ewh<<, she mumbled. Years ago she would have killed to go in a shop like that with L.Joe, now she was just annoyed by it.

 

>>Should we buy headbands? Girls like that, don't they?<<

 

>>Did you never have a girlfriend?<<, Sora asked him.

 

He shook his head.

 

>>Korea is full of lively, cute and pretty girls.<<

 

>>How do you know what kind of girls I like?<<

 

>>Every guy likes that kind of girls<<, she quickly explained.

 

>>Well, I've never found the >right< girl.<< He chuckled.

 

She didn't know what to say, so she just kept quiet.

 

 

After a few more rides it was late already and Sora watched L.Joe getting more sick from minute to minute so she forced him to leave Lotte World.

 

>>I'll walk you home. It's not save outside at this time<<, he said.

 

>>And I thought you lived in America. Shouldn't you know that it is much more dangerous there?<<

 

>>Right.<<

 

They took the subway and sat down. L.Joe rested his head on the window and closed his eyes. Since he really didn't feel well, Sora led him take a little nap.

 

She tapped his shoulder when they reached her station. >>L.Joe, wake up.<<

 

He straightened and rubbed his eyes.

 

They got out of the subway and took the way to her home.

 

Sora kept on looking at him. He walked very slowly and sweat formed on his forehead.

 

As they reached her home, she knew she couldn't let him go in this condition.

 

>>Come with me<<, she said and grabbed his arm.

 

 

The boy put down his camera and watched Sora looking at L.Joe with a worried expression on her face.

She said something to him and they went into the house.

You are so caring dear, but why does it have to be this guy? He thought and looked at the picture on his camera. You are especially beautiful today. I really like the ring you wear. May it be from your mother?

He approached the window of the ground floor and observed Sora, this time together with L.Joe.

It wasn't the first time for him to watch her like this. He even knew the code of her front door and had been in her house a few times while she was away but seeing another guy here made him furious.

If he touches you dear, I swear he's going to regret it.

He felt like killing L.Joe but decided against it since Sora would hate him for that. So he just stayed near the window without showing himself, following every of Sora's moves with his gaze.