43th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

*L's POV*

 

I walked down the empty highway. The sun was going down and made the surroundings appear in an orange light. The wind was blowing and I kept walking. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going, but that didn't matter anyway.

This day was different. It really was. The sky was clear and the clouds from the days before had vanished. Just like my feelings. Now I only felt . . . empty.

Since Sora had left me, I had nothing left to feel. It were only walls that had held me captured. I had no reason to live any longer.

I stopped my walk as I reached a bridge, just as empty as the street behind me. I stepped on it and walked up to the mid. Then went to the edge on the right side.

The sight was really beautiful, with the sun going down, the rushing water and the silence of the arising night enveloping everything.

I climbed over the railing, but still holding on to it from behind as I now looked into the deep.

It was kind of funny because I then remembered a quote by Nietzsche:And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.”

How fitting for my situation, I thought sarcastically.

I closed my eyes, tried to relax and just let my thoughts wander.

It's a little cold tonight . . . But all I can think of when I close my eyes . . . is you, Sora.

I want to be close to you right now.

We would look into each others eyes. I could see your smile.

I could feel your touch. I could feel your hands on mine, your soft hair . . . our kiss.

I wish it lasted forever. You and I were made for this.

You'll be mine.

One day soon I'll hold you like the sun holds the moon and then we won't have to be scared . . .

I don't have to be scared . . .

I don't have to be scared because without your love I don't how I survive, it's you that's keeping alive . . .

that kept me alive.

I thought of every second I had spent with Sora.

The moment when she told me that she loves me.

The feeling when I kissed her for the first time and her blushing cheeks.

Every night she fell asleep in my arms and every night she would sleep without having nightmares because of that.

Every time before she fell asleep I would tell her that I'm always there to protect her, so she would sleep peacefully. In return she would release me from any kind of pain by just playing the violin.

I breathed in and imagined the sound of her violin, a sweet yet sorrowful melody.

Suddenly, the silent night seemed to be filled with this melody, made me stop breathing because of its beauty, released my pain and fear, made it easy to take the last step into the abyss.

Because I will only miss you when I'm breathing, Sora . . .

 

*End Of POV*

 

------------------------

T_______T NOOO, I didn't want to kill him. *feeling like a murderer*

I'm sorry to everyone who had hoped for L and Sora to end up together but I did this for the sake of the story.

She just has to end up with L.Joe since this is the right thing to do.

Moreover I think there can't always be a happy ending for everybody.

So please bear with my choice. *puppy eyes*