24th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

-Day 6 -

The next morning Sora opened her eyes and found L's face only inches away from hers. As strange as it might sound, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. She had to admit that he was handsome.

He was somehow different from the other boys (partly due to the fact that he was a stalker).

Sora was glad that he cared for the, although she had tried to escape several times and she had confronted him with silence most of the time, not appreciating how much he cared for her.

Sora's head ached, so she choose to go back to sleep.

But then, L opened his eyes. A tiny smile formed on his lips when he caught her watching him. >>Do you feel better?<<, he asked.

>>No<<, she whispered. Her voice was quiet, since hurt.

They both laid there, facing each other.

L slowly reached out his hand, touching her forehead. >>You still have a fever.<<

Sora's eyes widen at his sudden touch, but she relaxed when his hand cooled her hot forehead. L, who noticed that, kept his hand on her forehead until she closed her eyes and fell asleep again.

 

 

Bright colors and lights were driving her crazy. She was surrounded by different things, but she couldn't identify them. She felt hot, yet cold at the same time and everything was blurry . . .

 

L just came back into Sora's room, carrying an ice pack. His eyes widened as he saw her rolling on her bed, mumbling things. He ran over to her, not knowing what to do. It seemed that the fever had become much more worse, to the point where she started to have strange dreams.

>>Sora! Sora! Wake up.<< L gently shook her and after a few moments, she blinked. She opened her eyes, but immediately shut them again, do to the dizzy feeling and bright colors around her. She still thought that she was dreaming, or better, she thought her dream was reality. A voice called her name, but she couldn't tell who it was. She just wanted everything to stop. She felt dizzy, exhausted and just wanted to die.

>>Please wake up<<, L beseeched and put the ice pack on to her forehead. She probably feels very hot, since she is sweating and has blushing cheeks.

He grew more worried from every minute that passed.

He took a towel and put it on her forehead, therefore removed the ice pack. He then wrapped one arm under her back to lift her up a bit and placed the ice pack on her neck, to cool her even more.

>>It's hot. . .<< Sora could hardly speak.

She opened her eyes and teared up. L looked at her apologizing. >>Don't cry<<, he said quietly and took a tissue to wipe away the tears which were running down her cheeks. >>I'm sorry that I can't bring you to a hospital.<<

>>I'm cold<<, she mumbled and started to shiver.

L immediately removed the ice pack and towel and covered her with a blanket.

Sora closed her eyes again, but continued crying. He went on wiping her tears away and eventually reached out his hand and interlaced it with Sora's. She trembled, do to the cold she felt.

Sora stretched out her other hand and hold L's free hand.

>>Don't leave<<, she said and looked at him with her big and innocent eyes. L let go of her one hand only to tenderly trace the features of her face with his free hand, being amazed by her beauty.

>>I won't ever leave you<<, he told her sincerely whereupon Sora put on a weak smile and hold on to his hand tightly.

L's heart was beating faster when he saw her smile. >>I hope when you've become healthy again, I'll see you smiling at me more often<<, he whispered.

 

After some time had passed like this, Sora felt hot again. So L quickly uncovered her. He felt horrible that he couldn't help her with anything else than that. He cupped her face in order to cool her glowing cheeks and forehead with his cold hands.

As he looked down to her, he thought: She's so fragile, I don't know what to do as I don't want to cause her more pain. There has to be a way of helping her. . .

>>Get healthy quickly<<, he said, slowly bending down to kiss her forehead. But as he leaned back, she started to shiver again. >>C-cold<<, she stuttered.

L covered her with the blanket again. Then Sora opened her eyes and, to his surprise, stretched out her arms. Hesitantly he laid down next to her and embraced her gingerly, making sure to warm her. She buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

>>Thank you<<, Sora said silently. But L heard it yet.

Hearing that from her, knowing that he somehow eased her pain, and also having the chance to hold her in his arms, he forgot about his miserable life for once. He felt as if he had finally found his peace, the missing piece in his life. Now I'm sure I don’t wanna live another day without you next to me. I'm not gonna let anyone tear us apart. At this thought L watched her slowly falling asleep.