21th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

He came back with a tray of food in the evening. Sora was lying in her bed, pretending to sleep.

L placed the tray on the table next to her and sat down on the bed, looking down to her. He reached out his hand and held a strand of Sora's hair in between his fingers.

Sora winced at the sudden touch and hid under the blanket. >>Don't touch me<<, she told him.

>>Please eat something. I come back later<<, L said and left her room.

Sora got up and ate the delicious food without really wanting to.

 

After dinner, she went into the bathroom to shower. The hot water rattled down on her head and she just tried to enjoy the shower, not thinking of her current situation.

When L entered her room, she was already asleep. He sat down next to her on her bed and watched her sleeping. He loved her peaceful expression. He actually loved every expression of her.

He gently the back of her hand, while slowly losing himself in staring at her.

Sora rolled over to sleep on the other side and L told himself that it was time to go. He took the tray of food in one hand and in the other hand Sora's clothes she had wore for two days already and which she had dropped on the floor while changing into more comfortable sleeping clothes.

 

L went downstairs to clean the dishes and to put Sora's clothes into the washing machine before going to bed himself.

Oh dear, you have no idea of how much I love you. . .but you will understand it some day.

 

- Day 4-

Sora woke up by a soft knock on her door. She didn't respond, knowing that L would enter anyways. He placed a tray of food and drinks on her table like he always did.

>>Should I buy you something?<<, he asked. >>Food I can cook for you? Or candy?<<

Sora didn't answer right away, when suddenly an idea popped into her mind. >>Flowers<<, she said.

I didn't know she likes flowers that much. She always surprises me anew.

I'll make sure to buy her the most beautiful flowers I can find, L thought and but just said: >>Okay.<<

He left the room and went downstairs to his car.

The drive to the South of Seoul took an hour and first thing he did was entering a flower bouquet shop.

 

>>Annyeonghaseyo<<, the Ahjumma at the counter greeted him. >>Annyeonghaseyo<<, L greeted back and went through the shop until his eyes landed on Sora's favorite flowers: Lilies and roses.

>>I'll take this bouquet<<, L told the employee.

>>They are very nice. Are these for your girlfriend?<<

L hesitated at first but then nodded.

>>A lucky girl to have such a handsome boyfriend who buys her flowers.<<

>>Thank you<<, L muttered and gave the woman her money.

 

After doing the grocery shopping, he passed his school. . .the school he didn't attend much and since Sora and he were living in the house on the countryside he hadn't been there one single time.

He could spot Sungjong and Sungyeol (the others already graduated). Seemed like it was lunch time. They were chatting and laughing, like they always did.

L shrugged it off and drove home.

 

 

>>L.Joe hyung, what are you looking for? Is your girlfriend not in school yet?<<, Changjo asked.

>>What happened to her? Is she ill?<<, Chunji asked further.

L.Joe didn't respond. He just looked around the cafeteria and spotted Chaejin who was sitting with his friends.

No Sora.

L.Joe had called her several times but she wouldn't pick up. He thought that she was still mad at him for what had happened on Saturday, but not seeing her or even hearing anything from her made him feel sad and frustrated. Even so frustrated that he finished his food and walked up to Chaejin.

>>Can I talk to you?<<, he asked him.

Chaejin looked up and nodded.

>>Is it about Sora?<<, he asked as they both left the cafeteria and went outside.

>>Yes. Have you heard something from her?<<

Chaejin shook his head. >>I'm starting to worry. She didn't reply on my messages and the teachers say that she's unexcused.<<

>>So it's like she's skipping school?<<

Chaejin nodded.

>>Try to call her again<<, L.Joe told him.

>>She won't pick up anyways.<< Still, he got out his phone and dialed her number. After some time someone picked up. Chaejin's eyes grew bigger and L.Joe leaned in to hear something.

>>Yoboseyo?<<, a man voice said.

>>This is Seok Chaejin. . .who am I speaking to?<<, he asked.

>>Kim Jong Suk. Sora's father.<<

>>Ooh. . .annyeonghaseyo. I'm a school friend of Sora. . .and I wanted to ask how she is, since she didn't reply on any calls and messages.<<

There was a long silence on the other end. >>Sora. . .she's missing since Sunday.<<

Both L.Joe and Chaejin gasped. >>She's missing? How. . .<<

>>I went off to a schedule and when I came back she wasn't there anymore. At first I thought she got kidnapped. . .then I saw that she had packed her suitcase, violin and even took her passport with her. . .<<

>>And she didn't leave a note or something?<<, Chaejin asked.

>>No. . but still, the police is looking for her since there's no flight recorded under her name. It would be nice of you and her other friends to call me when they have a clue where she might be.<<

>>Of course.<<

After Kim Jong Suk gave Chaejin his number, they ended the call and the boys looked at each other, not knowing what to do now.

>>Do you think. . .she left?<<, Chaejin asked uneasily.

>>No. She wouldn't ever leave.<<

Chaejin nodded. >>She has no reason, does she? I mean. . .now that she made friends. . .<<

>>Yes.<<

>>Did you notice anything lately?<<

L.Joe shook his head. >>Not really<<, he lied.

>>What should we do?<<

>>We can't do anything. Just hoping she'll return.<<