27th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

From this day on, they both always prepared the food together. When L would leave the house to go shopping, Sora would stay in her room and read, watch TV or would play her violin.

When L was at home, they would talk about random stuff and sometimes L would talk about his old friends. They watched TV, played games, read and L listened to Sora playing the violin.

 

-Day 20-

 

Sora's eyes landed on the TV screen. She froze, when she saw the face of her mother. >>Today, it's been six months that she died and her fans are mourning especially on this day<<, a TV reporter said. >>On May 6th, the famous singer Lee Eunji died because of cancer. She was married to actor Kim Jong Suk. . .<<

Sora zapped to another channel in order to not see any pictures of her mother. It's been six months today?

She sat down on her bed and let out a loud sigh. For her it was a bit surprising. Since she never looked at the dates, she didn't even expected to have the 6th of November soon. She hadn't thought about her mother often since she came here. Only in her nightmares, but they came less. The pain brought by the death of her mother, was slowly disappearing from the day she came to Seoul. But now, to see her in the television, to know it's been six months ago that she passed away, the pain came back.

She buried her face in her hands and started sobbing. Eventually L came into her room. He grew worried and sat down next to her. He knew why she was crying, so he didn't ask, but patted her back until she looked up at him.

>>Please don't cry<<, he told her.

She looked at him with big eyes and then she slowly stretched out her arms and wrapped them around L. She felt his warmth and as he hugged her back, she felt comfortable. Hugging him made her stop crying and the two of them just remained in this position until she pulled away after a while.

>>Thanks<<, she muttered.

L, who actually didn't want to let her go, asked: >>Are you feeling better now?<<

She nodded. >>A little bit.<<

>>Do me a favor and stop crying, okay?<<, he quietly asked.

Sora sadly smiled. >>Okay.<<

>>But if you do cry, then come to me.<< He slightly smiled at her, when she nodded.

Some time in silent passed. Sora then broke it: >> You have a nice voice when you speak.<<

>>Is that so?<<

Sora nodded. >>I like listening to you speaking.<<

>>Should I talk more, then?<<

>>You can read something to me<<, she muttered shy.

L got up from the bed and went over to the bookshelf. He stood there for quite a while, until Sora became inpatient. >>Are you going to choose a book, already?<<, she asked.

L smiled amused and chose a book. He then returned to the bed, in which Sora had made herself comfortable. L sat down next to her and opened the book.

He had a glance at her, making sure if she was serious about the reading.

>>Hurry up!<< She smiled and laid down in the bed, looking at L.

He shifted his eyes to the book again and started to read.

Sora watched him with curiosity. She found L's attitude interesting. He was so different from other boys. He behaved totally different. He was usually the calm one, but sometimes he had these moments . . . and around friends he seemed not to be that calm. He was very strange. L seemed to be in his own little world sometimes

. . . well. . .often.

L ended the first chapter and looked at Sora.

>>It's finish already?<< She started to pout a little. >>Can you read one more chapter?<<, she asked.

L laid down on the bed and made himself comfortable, he then continued reading.

As he finished the second chapter, his eyes landed on Sora. She was already asleep. L went over to the bookshelf and placed the book on it, then went back to the bed.

He bend over and covered Sora with her blanket, then looked down to her.

You are always so beautiful, Sora. He slowly bent down until his lips touched her forehead, cautiously so she wouldn't wake up.