5th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

During dinner:

>>How's school until now?<<, her father asked as they ate dinner at a restaurant.

>>Fine<<, she simply answered.

>>Did you made friends already?<<

She nodded. Her father didn't have to know that Chaejin was the only one she talked to, that he was the only one to see her smile, the only one to make her smile. Chaejin was the only one she would smile at and she didn't even know why.

 

At the rehearsal:

Sora had hoped he would be late or something, but as she entered the music room on Wednesday afternoon, he was already there. Not even all of the others were there. 

>>Look whose here.<< L.Joe smirked.

She frowned and sat next to him, taking out her violin, and started playing the song she had practiced at home.

>>You practiced, huh?<<, L.Joe asked. >>But wait, this is wrong.<< He rearranged Sora's fingers on the hand she was holding the violin. >>It's like that.<<

She stiffened and put down the violin. >>Don't touch me<<, she muttered and studied the notes again.

 

After rehearsing, she got up and went out.

Today she had to take the bus, but it was raining in sheets. She sighed and took off her blazer to put it over her head, when suddenly someone held his umbrella over her head. She looked to the side just see L.Joe.

>>I need to take the bus too. Let's go together.<<

She shook her head and started walking, but L.Joe caught up with her. >>Why are you being like this? Did I do something for you to hate me?<<

These words let her heart ached. How can you not know?!

She didn't reply, but walked next to him under his umbrella.

Suddenly a hard wind blew and it was blowing Sora's hair back, showing of her neck.

L.Joe looked at her from the side and his eyes landed on the scar on her neck. >>That scar. . .<<, he whispered, but Sora understood it. She panicked.

Don't recognized me!

 

Luckily her bus came and she slipped in, without thanking L.Joe, without even looking at him.

At home, she was playing the piano, when she stopped and her hand reached out for her neck.

This scar. . .you always teased me with it. You first laughed when I told you that I got that scar because I fell as a little kid and scratched my neck on something. You said I probably wished that a Vampire was responsible for the scar. You always said so much stupid things.  I always were the one, getting teased by you. Also, I were the only one to get to know your dorky side.

She wiped away the tears and continued playing.  

 

Next day, after school, Sora went to the music room.

She wanted to join the choir, until she realized who was in charge of playing the piano in the choir.

She immediately wanted to leave, but she didn't want to be rude. So she just stayed and sang along.

Meanwhile, her eyes were glued on the lyrics in her hands. She didn't want to see L.Joe. It really hurt.

After it, she tried to leave as quickly as possible but she couldn't because the teacher wanted to talk to her. L.Joe, the idiot, packed up his things really sloooow in order to hear what the teacher had to say.

>>I would really appreciate it when you join the choir every Thursday. Please think about it, okay? I think you have a very good voice and maybe you could sing a solo too.<<

L.Joe stood next to the teacher. >>I think she has a very unique voice. She definitely should join the choir.<<
The teacher nodded.

>>Thank you<<, Sora muttered and then hurried to leave the music room, followed by L.Joe.

>>Ya! Miss I-don't-tell-L.Joe-my-name, where are you going?<<, he asked.

>>Home<<, she simply replied.

>>Let's get something to eat<<, he suggested and grabbed her wrist.

>>No!<<

>>Then tell me your name.<<

She shook her head.

>>Then I'll just call you babe?<<

Sora felt like throwing up.

>>Not good? Then, angel?<<

>>Let go of me<<, she hissed.

>>Why are you like this?<<, he whined, still not letting go of her.
She turned around and looked at him. She was angry, yet sad. >>Let. Go. Of. Me.<< Her voice was about to break, partly because of anger, partly because of grief.

>>What if not?<< He smirked.

She raised her hand and slapped him.

Surprised of her action, he let go of her wrist and she hurried to leave school.

Since the day, L.Joe had left her in the past, she became a loner in school and soon, people, especially boys took advantage of it. They started to bully her and the only thing to stop that, was to learn how to hurt them. She could slap, kick and pinch really hard. But in the end it didn't help, they only continued bullying her.

 

She was home alone, because her father had some appointment. She was sitting in the music room and played her flute. She thought about what she had done earlier and she didn't feel guilty at all. She hoped that now L.Joe would finally leave her alone. She couldn't stand being near him.