12th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

After school, Sora went into the music room, just to find L.Joe already waiting in his seat. >>Oh hey.<< He smiled.

 

>>Hello.<<

 

There was an awkward silence between them, which last to the end of the rehearsal.

 

They both packed their stuff, as a girl approached them. >>Are you really a couple?<<, she asked.

 

>>Of course<<, L.Joe said and smiled confidently. >>Come yeobo.<< He took Sora's hand and left the school building. Outside, L.Joe saw from the corner of his eye a shadow next to them. As he turned around, there was nothing though. L.Joe shrugged it off.

 

>>What was that again?<<, Sora asked him.

 

>>I totally forgot that they still think that we are a couple.<<

 

>>Well, you should clear out some things then.<<

 

>>But I don't want to<<, he started whining.

 

She first removed her hand from his and then looked at him. >>Tell me why.<<

 

>>Because girls keep annoying me. I'm exhausted of dumping them.<<

 

>>Why do you dump them anyway? There are beautiful, even bared faces.<<

 

>>They aren't right for me.<<

 

Sora rolled her eyes. >>Well I'm not pretending to be your girlfriend. The girls will start bullying me.<< She turned around and walked to her bus station.

 

L.Joe looked at her leaving, then, again he saw a shadow. It was a boy.

 

L.Joe raised an eyebrow. Does he attend that school? He doesn't wear an uniform. L.Joe once again shrugged it off and went home.

 

 

At school the next day:

 

Sora hated paring up in sports. But now that Chaejin was on a schedule, it made it even more worse.

 

A boy approached her. >>Should we be stretching partners?<<, he asked.

 

She could nothing else than nodding, since everybody had a partner already. >>I'm Ricky, by the way. Aren't you the girl, L.Joe likes?<<

Sora shook her head.

 

>>Huh? Aren't you the girl who is in a fake relationship with him?<<, he whispered.

 

>>That's me<<, she muttered.

 

>>Then why didn't you say yes at my first question?<<

 

>>Because L.Joe doesn't like me<<, she stated.

 

>>But he told me that he-<<

 

>>Are you annoying a girl again, Ricky?<<, a boy interrupted.

 

>>Chunji hyung, what are you doing? Shouldn't you play basketball or something with L.Joe hyung?<<

 

His friends I suppose?

 

Chunji smiled his typical smile, which let girls normally faint. Sora didn't bother at all though.

 

>>I'm Chunji.<< He winked at her. >>I already talked to you once<<, he remembered.

 

>>What are you guys doing here?<<, another boy asked.

 

Where do they all come from?

 

The boys eyes landed on her. >>Oh, hello. Changjo-imnida.<<

 

If there's another friend then please come out now because this is getting on my nerves.

 

Sora, sitting with Ricky in the grass, looked at Chunji and Changjo standing next to her on either side. She kinda felt. . . pressed.

 

>>L.Joe never told us your name.<< Chunji flashed his eye smile at her.

 

>>She doesn't like too many people being around her<<, another voice interrupted.

 

Sora sighed. She hoped that L.Joe would save her out of that situation.

 

L.Joe pushed Chunji aside. >>Are you okay?<<, he asked.

 

Sora raised an eyebrow. >>It's not that they tried to kill me<<, she told him.

 

A smile formed on everybody's face, except for L.Joe. He felt embarrassed that she talked to him like that, especially in front of his friends.

 

Sora looked around, just to see people already watching them. She sighed and looked at the grass.

 

>>Excuse me, but I know that some of you don't belong to this class. Please stop disturbing my class<<, the sports teacher told them.

 

The guys groaned and Chunji and L.Joe walked to the benches, while Changjo went back to his stretching partner.

 

Ricky giggled. >>Did you see L.Joe hyung's face?<< He started laughing.

 

Sora just continued looking down, feeling stares coming from L.Joe.

 

>>Did you know that L.Joe lived in America?<<

 

Sora nodded.

 

>>When he came here, he seemed really depressed and sad. Totally different from now.<<

 

Why is he telling me that?

 

>>Maybe you can find out why he was like that. He never told us.<<

 

Probably because of his mother. He definitely missed her.

 

>>Are you shy around strangers?<<, Ricky asked.

 

>>All girls, please come over here for the high jump.<<

 

Sora sighed and stood up. She was lucky that they didn't play any games where they had to split into teams. She hated these kind of games.

 

Since the first jump was not that high, almost everyone passed it. Then it got harder and harder. Sora hated L.Joe and his friends for watching her with excitement and for cheering whenever she passed.

 

It ended in kind of a competition.

 

>>Yuri, you can do it!<< Friends of the girl who was left over with Sora cheered for her. Yuri smiled confidently. >>Of course I can.<<

 

Sora rolled her eyes, earning death glares from Yuri and her friends.

 

L.Joe and his friends stood next to Sora. >>You can win that<<, Changjo said.

 

>>She's really arrogant. Please don't let her win<<, Chunji told her.

 

>>When you win, L.Joe will buy you ice cream and carry you around the school<<, Ricky said, grinning.

 

Changjo and Chunji nodded in agreement.

 

>>What?<<, L.Joe asked, opened mouthed.

 

>>Well, then I'm gonna lose on purpose<<, she replied, already fearing that L.Joe might do that for real.

 

>>No!<<, Ricky exclaimed.

 

Sora sighed. She hated the pressure that was put on her. >>There are more important things than winning<<, she muttered.

 

>>I don't mind if you lose. Otherwise I have to buy you ice cream and carry you<<, L.Joe said.

 

She frowned. >>You won't do that for real, are you?<<

 

>>Be quiet, Yuri will jump first<<, Chunji interrupted.

 

Yuri jumped and didn't made it.

 

>>Okay, now you only have to win this.<<

 

>>When you lose, you have to tell me your name<<, L.Joe whispered.

 

She bit her lip. That was something that encouraged her to win.

 

>>Hurry, hurry.<< Changjo smiled and Ricky pushed her away, towards the high jump.

 

Sora took a few steps back, then started running and. . .jumped.

For a second she thought she'd touched the crossbar, but she didn't. As she landed on the mattress, she heard L.Joe and his friends cheer.

 

Her cheeks heated up as she noticed that ALL eyes were on her. The four guys came running towards her. >>That was perfect!<<, Ricky exclaimed.

 

Sora closed her eyes for a second when she just laid there on the mattress.

 

This is so embarrassing.

 

She opened her eyes as she felt arms around her. She got lifted up and carried bridal-style. >>Let me down<<, she hissed.

 

L.Joe smirked. >>You won, so I'll carry you. I hope you are fine when I only carry you to the benches, since you are very heavy.<<

 

>>Not my fault that you are small and weak.<<

 

The other three members followed them, while clapping and cheering for her.

 

L.Joe carried her all the way to the benches, where his class sat.

 

Can someone just kill me? Please?

 

L.Joe led her down when they arrived at the benches and Sora immediately sat down and buried her face in her hands.

 

>>You embarrassed your girlfriend, hyung<<, Changjo pointed out the obvious.

 

>>Aigoo~<<, Chunji and Ricky made and smiled.

 

L.Joe rubbed the back of his head. >>Are you okay?<<, he asked her.

 

She looked up and nodded.

 

>>Seems like we're gonna eat ice cream again<<, L.Joe said.

 

>>Will you buy me ice cream when I'll win first place too?<<, Ricky asked.

 

>>Of course<<, L.Joe replied.

 

>>He only says that, because he knows that you aren't going to win<<, Chunji told Ricky.

 

>>No one of us would win first place, except for Niel hyung, maybe<<, Changjo said.

 

Niel? Don't tell me that's another friend.

 

>>You have to meet Niel hyung too~<<, Ricky told Sora.

 

>>He's too noisy. She probably won't like him<<, L.Joe replied, making all of them laugh.