25th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

-Day 8-

Sora tiredly opened her eyes. She watched L for some moments sleeping next to her. She was almost used to the fact that he was sleeping next to her, he always did since she was sick.

Sora rolled over and looked at the ceiling. 8 days past already, since I've come here. She led out a sigh. I tried to escape three times. . .but now. . .I guess I just stop trying. . .

 

 

*L's POV*

 

I had just woken up out of a wonderful dream which of course contained Sora.

She was always the center of all my dreams. And every time I woke up reality was painfully slowly killing me.

Well, not this time though. Now Sora was lying next to me, only inches away. This seemed so impossible to believe. I couldn't remember a moment I hadn't wished to not only look at her from afar.

I turned to the side and saw her already awake, but drawn deep in thoughts. I watched her silently, like I was used to. But this time something was different about her . . . Although she was still sick, wore just an oversized white shirt with shorts and no make up, she seemed to shine.

Like an angel . . . my angel.

It was as if I was still dreaming and like in my dreams I felt this strong desire I couldn't describe. Her lips touching mine, my fingers running through her hair, the feeling of her pure skin . . . No! I mustn't think this way. I have to stop dreaming. What I have right now is more than enough.

Finally, in order to stop my thoughts, I spoke up.

 

*End of POV*

 

>>How do you feel?<<, a voice interrupted Sora thoughts.

>>I'm okay<<, she answered and as L's hand reached out to touch her forehead, she looked at him. >>Do I still have a fever?<<, she asked and coughed.

>>A little.<< He removed his hand again. >>Ask me.<<

>>Huh?<< Sora looked at him puzzled.

>>You look like you want to ask me something.<<

Sora was a bit amazed that he had noticed that. >>Er. . .how did you. . .bring me here?<<

It took sometime for him to answer. >>Remember when your father brought fan letters and food he got from his fans? I knew you love sunny10, so I send it to your father, pretending it would be a gift given from his fans. I knew he would take it with him home and that in the end you were the one drinking it. The drink contained some pills, that's why you fell asleep. . .it was dark outside. . .so no one saw me carrying you to the car. . .<<, he explained quietly, feeling quite uncomfortable.

A shiver ran down her spine.

>>Are you. . .scared?<<

>>No. . .not really.<< And that wasn't even a lie. She didn't feel scared around him, yet she thought he was strange.

Sora coughed again and closed her eyes.

>>I'll cook you something.<< L got up and went outside.

 

 

>>Sora?<<

She opened her eyes and saw L with a tray in his hands. He sat down on the bed and placed the tray on it. Sora lifted up her head, but it hurt. Still, she tried to sit up.

>>Stay like that.<< L took another pillow and leaned forward, placing a pillow behind her back to bring her into a better sitting position.

His face was only inches away and his eyes were looking at hers. Sora's heart stopped for a second, do to his gaze. He leaned back again and shoved the tray of food towards her. >>Can you eat by yourself?<<, he asked.

Sora slowly nodded and started to eat. A small smile formed on her lips. >>You always cook food I like.<<

L nodded and on his face formed a small smile, too.

>>And that although I'm picky with food.<< She continued eating, but was distracted by L's smile. She had never seen him smiling before. His smile made him look cute, not scary or mysterious. She looked at him with curious eyes and had to admit that she liked his smile.

 

 

 

Day in, day out, L cared for her. He brought her food whenever she felt like it, kept her warm or cooled her forehead until the fever was gone. He bought her medicine for the coughing and looked up the best recipes for food, which helped people recover faster from colds.

In the night, he would sleep next to her, in case she woke up and didn't feel well, or whenever she had a nightmare. He wanted to show her how much he cared for her and Sora appreciated it. She thanked him every day for being nice to her and comforting her well, since she really didn't feel well.

At times she would smile at him which made him happy like he had never been before.