15th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

She winced when the doorbell rang. She walked over to the door and looked at the display next to it. It was definitely L.Joe outside there, so she quickly opened the door.

 

>>Hey<<, L.Joe greeted her with a shy smile.

 

>>Hi. . .<< She let him in and he slowly walked into the living room.

 

>>So why did you call me?<<, he asked.

 

>>I . . .was bored.<<, Sora answered.

 

>>You sure?<< He grinned.

 

She ignored him and went into the kitchen to get something to drink for the both of them.

 

>>I assume we are friends now<<, L.Joe said, as she sat down next to him on the sofa.

 

>>What lets you assume that?<<

 

>>You invited me over.<<

 

>>I already regret it.<<

 

>>Mean~.<< He pouted.

 

Sora slightly smiled.

 

>>You smiled!<<

 

>>I didn't.<<

 

>>I saw it.<< He pointed at her and grinned.

 

>>Stop that.<< She shoved his arm away. >>Let's just start working, okay?<<

 

>>Okay~.<<

 

They silently studied and after an hour or two, she looked over to L.Joe, just to find him taking a nap.

 

He was lazily lying on the sofa, the book on his chest. Sora smirked and kicked him off the sofa.

 

>>Ya!<< He laid on the floor, but quickly sat up and rubbed his eyes. >>What was that for?<<

 

>>You came here to study not to sleep.<<

 

>>But I don't get the things I should study.<<

 

>>Let me help you then.<<

 

>>But you are a year below me.<<

 

>>And?<<

 

He sighed, sat down next to her and showed her the things he had to learn.

 

She then started to explain it to him and soon he understood it.

 

After another two hours of studying and explaining, L.Joe whined: >>I'm hungry~.<<

 

>>Shall we cook then?<<

 

>>Cooking? We? Well, I can help you at least.<<

 

They went into the kitchen and Sora got out some vegetables, rice and meat. >>Can you wash the rice?<<, she asked L.Joe.

 

>>I'll cut the vegetables. You'll just cut yourself.<<

 

>>Stop talking rubbish. I know how to cut food.<<

 

But L.Joe wouldn't let her do it. So she washed the rice, put it in the rice cooker and then fried the meat, while he did the vegetables and sauce.

 

>>Where's your father?<<, he asked while cooking.

 

>>At work, I suppose.<<

 

>>What's his job?<<

 

>>That's a secret.<<

 

>>I hate you for having so many secrets.<<

 

Sora smile, shaking her head.

 

While L.Joe looked over the food, which was cooking, she went over to the water tap and just wanted to wash a spoon when she had a look out of the little window, just in front of the water tab. She saw a shadow hiding behind the tree on the other side of the street.

 

She froze and dropped the spoon.

 

The shadow disappeared as fast as he had appeared.

 

>>Why did you drop it?<<, L.Joe asked, picking up the spoon.

 

Sora quickly turned around and wanted to leave the kitchen, when L.Joe grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around. >>What is it?<<, he asked and looked at her shocked expression and pale face.

 

>>N- Nothing. I-I just. . .remembered that we forgot something important for the sauce. . .<<

 

L.Joe raised an eyebrow, not really believing her.

 

>>C-Can you. . .?<< She pointed at her wrist and L.Joe's hand around it.

 

>>Oh sorry<<, he muttered and let go of her.

 

She quickly went over to the rice cooker and took out the finished rice. What was that? It was definitely not a cat. . .

 

>>Do you think it's finished?<<, L.Joe asked, holding up a spoon with sauce on it.

 

>>Taste it<<, she told him.

 

>>You should taste it first. Maybe I'll die of it.<<

 

>>I don't want to~<<, she complained, but L.Joe was already walking towards her with the spoon in his hand.

 

>>Now say aaah.<< He grinned.

 

>>You taste it first!<<, she said and formed to a thin line.

 

>>Open up your mouth.<< L.Joe stood in front of her, amused that she acted so childish.

 

Sora wanted to run away from him, but he held her. >>Oh come on, don't act like a little kid.<<

 

She stopped and pouted.

 

L.Joe smiled. >>The first time seeing you pout.<<

 

>>Just be quiet and give me that spoon.<< She wanted to reach for it, but L.Joe placed it in by himself.

 

Taken aback that he just fed her, she froze.

 

>>What are you doing? You have to swallow it<<, L.Joe told her.

 

She did and smiled. >>It's good!<<

 

>>Really?<< He went over to the sauce and tasted it himself.

 

>>Aaaah~. It's hot!<<

 

>>Pabo<<, she muttered and looked at him amused.

 

He ran over to the water tub and filled a glass with cold water.

 

>>I burned my tongue<<, he whined.

 

Sora giggled. >>You should have known that it's hot.<< She went over to the fridge. >>You should put ice on your tongue.<< She gave him ice cream.

 

>>Can I eat it?<<, he asked.

 

>>When you don't eat it, how should it cool your tongue?<<

 

>>Right. . .<<

 

>>Okay, eat it. Hurry, hurry.<<

 

Sora went over to the pan with the meat in it and waited for it to finish, while L.Joe happily ate his ice cream.

 

>>Hmm. . .it came out good<<, L.Joe said, as they started eating what they had cooked.

 

>>Yes, it's delicious.<< Sora smiled as she ate it. She really loved the food.

 

L.Joe chuckled. >>We should cook more often together.<<

 

Her smile grew bigger. >>But next time, try not to burn your tongue.<<

 

>>I'll try my best.<<

 

She giggled at his big grin and childish behavior. By now she felt really comfortable around him.

 

As they continued eating, L.Joe told stories about him and his friends. For example, how it was like when he first attended Seoul Arts High School.

 

>>They all were friends already and since I were in the same classes as Chunji, I made friends with him and quickly with the others

too. . .<< And then he drifted off to tell her the funny-first expression he had of his friends back then and stuff. . .

 

>>. . .and then Chunji and I lost the bet and had to wear the high heels.<<

 

Sora laughed. >>There must be a picture! I wanna see it~.<<

 

L.Joe laughed as well. >>I promise you, you won't ever see it! Not as long as I'm alive.<<

 

>>Why? Is it that embarrassing?<< She kept on laughing when she thought about L.Joe wearing heels.

 

>>It was embarrassing, although I still kinda liked it, since I was a lot taller with the heels on.<<

 

Sora hid her face behind her hands and laughed. >>You really must regret drinking not enough milk in your past.<<

 

>>I really wanna grow taller, but I don't. . .looking at Changjo makes me feel bad. He's the youngest among us six but still the tallest. He grew 10 centimeters in one year.<<

 

Sora had calmed down by now. >>10 centimeters? How did he do that?<<, she asked, while getting up and putting the bowl she had just eaten from into the water tub. She told herself to no look outside the window, since she really didn't want to see what was out there.

 

>>No one really knows how he did that<<, L.Joe said, getting up and bringing her his bowl.

 

As she turned round, she gasped. L.Joe was only centimeters behind her. He smirked. >>What is it?<<

 

>>N-Nothing.<< She quickly took the bowl out of his hands and started washing it. L.Joe still didn't move. Sora could feel the heat coming from him and even his calm breath on her neck.

 

Her heart fluttered and her cheeks heated up. She turned her face to the side. >>Ehm. . .<<

 

>>Yeah?<< L.Joe looked down to her, slightly amused by behavior.

 

>>C-Can you bring me the other dishes?<<, she asked and turned her head to the water tub again.

 

>>Why?<<

>>Huh? B-because. . I have to wash them. . .<<, she answered with a shaky voice.

 

>>Really? You want me to leave you here?<<, he whispered, leaning closer to her ear. Without looking she knew that L.Joe was smirking.

 

>>What. . .what are you doing?<<

 

>>What do you think?<<

 

She turned around and looked at him. He surprisingly had put on his puppy eyes. >>Can you step aside?<<, she asked, already looking to the ground because of nervousness and shyness.

 

>>I kinda like it here<<, he said, a amused undertone with it.

 

>>Why are you like this?<<, she asked, looking at him again.

 

>>Would you please stop the questions?<< He sounded impatient.

 

>>What-<<, she started but got interrupted, when L.Joe leaned closer until his lips met hers. He closed his eyes, while Sora's widened. For a second, she was totally frozen. L.Joe then took her hand and interlaced it with his. She relaxed, closed her eyes and kissed him back.

 

L.Joe then, broke the kiss and looked at her not knowing what do to. He awkwardly smiled and then whispered.

 

>>Shouldn't you tell me your name, at least now?<<

 

Sora shook her head, not really understanding what just happened.

 

>>Why not?<<

 

>>Because you. . .<< She walked pass him and eventually stopped in the door frame of the kitchen. >>You don't know anything. You seem to not have a clue about anything.<<

 

L.Joe hesitated before approaching her. >>Just tell me your name.<<

 

>>No. It will only worsen everything. . .you should leave now.<<

 

L.Joe became annoyed by her action, so he quickly went into the living room, packed his stuff and stormed out of the house.

 

As the door shut, Sora went up to her room and fell on to her bed.

 

What was that? First . . .we . . .kissed? And now we fought?

 

She buried her face in her pillow. What should I do now?